PDA

View Full Version : An English mans 1st game!

Barstool
05-31-2015, 11:55 AM
Hey guys, I'm fortunate enough that my 1st game stateside is going to be 1st November in your wonderful city. Don't get too excited, for all my shame I'm a packers fan.
2 things I'd like to know

1) Can I wear my teams colours to the game?

2) Tailgating, what's the protocol? Because it would be cool if I was able to interact with you Broncos and take abit of stick about been a cheesehead.

Thanks guys!

JWinn
05-31-2015, 06:19 PM
Hi Barstool! Welcome!

Yes! Of course you can wear your Packers gear to the game. It's expected!

For all the info on tailgating, look for my thread in this sub-forum about your "First Broncos Home Game?". That has all you need to know about pre game activities. There's many posts in there from several other people who know that stuff pretty well.

You'll be fine interacting with Bronco fans. Especially if you WEAR a Cheesehead! Those things always draw a lot of attention. Probably good for a few free drinks before the game just wandering around the parking lots. :thumb:

Have fun!

:logo:

Daryl Dixon
06-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Hey guys, I'm fortunate enough that my 1st game stateside is going to be 1st November in your wonderful city. Don't get too excited, for all my shame I'm a packers fan.

2) Tailgating, what's the protocol? Because it would be cool if I was able to interact with you Broncos and take abit of stick about been a cheesehead.

Thanks guys!

Hello mate, I am thinking about making this my first game stateside as well - although i am a broncos fan not a cheesehead.

Where are you flying from and when - i am thinking about flying from Glasgow, the thursday before the game coming back on the monday, i just cant decide whether or not to travel for the pack or the vikings game.

Barstool
06-26-2015, 02:12 AM
Hey Daryl, I fly out on 9th October as I'm doing a 6 week tour across America. My stint in Denver is from the 31st to the 2nd as it's the only the only game I can make where the pack are playing..... But what a game it'll be 😄!

Keep us informed if you book and us fellow Brits can have a beer.

86Elwayfan
06-26-2015, 07:21 AM

Thanks guys!

I always tell people of opposing teams the following:
1) Wear your colors and cheer for your team.
2) Don't be a jerk and you most likely wont have any issues. (Can't speak for all sections but this is true in mine) If you do have issues with a fan being overly obnoxious or what have you report them to the usher let them take care of it.
3) Don't get angry when some ribbing comes your way. Hey you are in our stadium, you'll have to take some crap, but you should hand some out too!!! If not why bother going at all!
4)Have Fun!!

As far as tailgating goes my advice to all incoming fans is arrive early!

Cheers! :beer: