PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft

CanDB
06-24-2015, 08:16 AM
So gang, what are your thoughts on the upcoming NBA Draft? Will Minnesota got to Town, or consider Okafor? I just hope my fellow canuck Wiggins gets the best partner out there.

I am not into bball like I used to be, but will watch the draft as I tend to do. And I am interested in hearing your opinions about what's going to happen tomorrow. Of course I always watch what The Raptors are up to, and hopefully they find a stud at 20.

Floor is open.....

the0rangecrush
06-24-2015, 08:59 AM
I think the 1st 3 go KAT, Okafor, and Russell in some order. After that there could be a ton of movement. Should be fun to watch

DenverBlood
06-24-2015, 09:01 AM
I've been hearing a lot of chatter lately that Okafor will drop outside of the top 5. Latest Forde mock had him down to 6 at Sacramento.

Claims his work ethic lacks. I'd be happy if we took him at 7 or could trade to get him at 6 and still take Winslow at 7.

I'm not crazy about having to root for a Duke duo. But I could get over it if they win.

the0rangecrush
06-24-2015, 09:30 AM
I've been hearing a lot of chatter lately that Okafor will drop outside of the top 5. Latest Forde mock had him down to 6 at Sacramento.

Claims his work ethic lacks. I'd be happy if we took him at 7 or could trade to get him at 6 and still take Winslow at 7.

I'm not crazy about having to root for a Duke duo. But I could get over it if they win.

Don't push them, they'll trade back up and take Tyus too.

DenverBlood
06-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Don't push them, they'll trade back up and take Tyus too.

I have a co worker who felt Tyus was actually the best player on Dukes roster last year. But I wouldn't feel too comfortable about taking so many players from one team.

the0rangecrush
06-24-2015, 09:57 AM
I have a co worker who felt Tyus was actually the best player on Dukes roster last year. But I wouldn't feel too comfortable about taking so many players from one team.
Tyus showed up in big games. He disappeared in others, it was kind of weird. As a Duke fan I would grin ear to ear, but Tyus is definitely in the 2nd tier of PGs.

broncolee
06-24-2015, 10:10 AM

Cowherd says he has sources that say Okafor is going to the Lakers.

If you're talking about the "Grade A" mock draft, that wasn't a mock predicting what will happen. It was just a mock draft indicating what each team needs to do to get an A grade on the draft.

CanDB
06-24-2015, 01:36 PM
A smart pick by The Wolves and I can see the makings of a great team in a few years.

Spice 1
06-24-2015, 01:43 PM
A smart pick by The Wolves and I can see the makings of a great team in a few years.

Town, Wiggins, and Rubio would be a great foundation. I hear they're trying to move Bennett, also.

58_VONDOOM_92
06-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Winslow imo was our best all around player. Okafor struggled with D and is a terrible FT shooter. Tyus is just a very smooth PG and very clutch in big moments.

the0rangecrush
06-25-2015, 03:09 AM
Happy draft day, should be an interesting build up until the 1st pick

CanDB
06-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Any rumours?

HUMCALC
06-25-2015, 12:10 PM
I'm praying that CHI does something smart. Either trade: Rose, Butler, or Pau or draft a PG/C to boost this team's future

InsaneBlaze23
06-26-2015, 04:36 AM
Pistons took Stanley Johnson and Darrun Hilliard. I don't watch college ball so I don't know a thing about these 2. Just a casual Pistons fans, but I like the comment Stanley made. "Detroit vs Everybody" That has kinda become the city's new motto/slogan.

CanDB
06-26-2015, 04:48 AM
I find it a little strange how the NBA handles draft trades. Maybe it's because they are slow in making them official. The team that made the trade is on the clock, and the player is selected as if they retained the pick. Later the trade is made official. My assumption is the team getting the draft pick to come tells the team they are trading with to pick a specific player. Otherwise they will get someone they don't necessarily want.

In the end, everything seems to work, but unlike other sports (football, hockey) where the trades are announced prior to the draft selections, The NBA seems to be slower to react administratively.

Make sense?

HUMCALC
06-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Thoughts on the draft?

broncolee
06-26-2015, 05:19 PM
I find it a little strange how the NBA handles draft trades. Maybe it's because they are slow in making them official. The team that made the trade is on the clock, and the player is selected as if they retained the pick. Later the trade is made official. My assumption is the team getting the draft pick to come tells the team they are trading with to pick a specific player. Otherwise they will get someone they don't necessarily want.

In the end, everything seems to work, but unlike other sports (football, hockey) where the trades are announced prior to the draft selections, The NBA seems to be slower to react administratively.

Make sense?

Makes sense except for the fact that if the team holding the pick doesn't pick the right player, the team trading for the pick won't go through with the trade.

The NBA doesn't make sense with it's trade rules, even outside of the draft. They are slow to make trades official on draft day, because the trades are made before they are approved by the league. This wouldn't be an issue if they didn't require the money to be even, or close enough to even.

atwaterandstir
06-26-2015, 05:32 PM
The Jazz got some good depth and a great prospect in Trey Lyles.

Initially I was disappointed with not selecting Devin Booker- but am now quite excited about Lyles. The Jazz already have a excellent combo with Favors and Gobert and Lyles gives them not only depth, but a better scoring option than Gobert for late game match ups.

Really happy with the direction, leadership, management and future of the Jazz.

atwaterandstir
06-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Thoughts on the draft?

I was happy with what Utah did.......much like your Bulls both teams got some really valuable depth for their big guys.

Portis is a high energy guy that I was hoping the Jazz would consider when there were rumblings of trading back. I think the Bulls did very well to get him

HUMCALC
06-26-2015, 07:16 PM
I was happy with what Utah did.......much like your Bulls both teams got some really valuable depth for their big guys.

Portis is a high energy guy that I was hoping the Jazz would consider when there were rumblings of trading back. I think the Bulls did very well to get him

Personally I was hoping for the PG from Duke, but I'll take him. Doesn't Utah need backcourt help?

atwaterandstir
06-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Personally I was hoping for the PG from Duke, but I'll take him. Doesn't Utah need backcourt help?

Getting Alec Burks back will certainly help the Jazz on the perimeter but an outside shooter is still desperately needed.
Burks is a very underrated player, I just hope the shoulder injury doesnt linger.