PDA

View Full Version : OK....Who Makes This Year's NFL Top 10 List?

CanDB
07-05-2015, 12:44 PM
We are down to the NFL Top 10, to be disclosed this week. Based on the Top 100 so far, I am not 100% sure who makes The Top 10. After all, this is not a perfect science.

So far I expect the following to make it:

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Luck, Murray, Lynch, Megatron, Gronk and Watt...not in that order. I think Rodgers and Watt go top 2.......maybe. That leaves 1 player.

I am going with Bowman, but he is coming off a tough injury. Prior to, he definitely is a top 10 player.

Who you got? Am I missing the obvious??? (Probably....haven't spent enough time analyzing)

BroncoFanBoy
07-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Here's who I think will make it in no particular order:

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Andrew Luck
J.J Watt
Antonio Brown
Marshawn Lynch
Demarco Murray
Rob Gronkowski
Calvin Johnson

I think Calvin and Peyton will probably be low in the Top 10.

CanDB
07-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Andrew Luck
J.J Watt
Antonio Brown
Marshawn Lynch
Demarco Murray
Rob Gronkowski
Calvin Johnson

So you're taking Brown over Bowman. Who knows? I am a bit surprised that we have Luck in there, but then again, he has to be because he hasn't been picked yet. I like Luck, and he will possibly be the #1 QB within a couple of years, but I would have guessed a little lower. Then again, the players pick, and QBs stand out. And the process is not exactly iron clad. But good for Andrew. He is a top tier talent.

BroncoFanBoy
07-05-2015, 07:58 PM
So you're taking Brown over Bowman. Who knows? I am a bit surprised that we have Luck in there, but then again, he has to be because he hasn't been picked yet. I like Luck, and he will possibly be the #1 QB within a couple of years, but I would have guessed a little lower. Then again, the players pick, and QBs stand out. And the process is not exactly iron clad. But good for Andrew. He is a top tier talent.

With the season Brown just had, there's no way he misses out on the Top 100.

Canmore
07-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Brown makes it, no doubt.

broncoslover115
07-06-2015, 05:20 AM

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Andrew Luck
J.J Watt
Antonio Brown
Marshawn Lynch
Demarco Murray
Rob Gronkowski
Calvin Johnson

I concur with the list. I hope Watt is #1 but it may be Brady because of the SB. If it is, I'll puke!

CanDB
07-06-2015, 08:40 AM
You know what, now that I read your responses and review Brown's stats, it makes total sense. I just didn't realize he had risen to the top 10. But yah, 129 receptions and a ton of yards works for me.

bronx_2003
07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Is this based on last seasons play ? I've not seen the list but my top ten would be....

Brady, Rodgers, Murray, Bryant, Revis, Luck, Watt, Houston, Kuechly, Manning

In no order

broncos SB2010
07-06-2015, 05:12 PM
With the season Brown just had, there's no way he misses out on the Top 100.

Brown should be the #1 WR just for the past season but they will give to Calvin based on rep.

Canmore
07-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Brown should be the #1 WR just for the past season but they will give to Calvin based on rep.

Quite possible or probable.

CanDB
07-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Is this based on last seasons play ? I've not seen the list but my top ten would be....

Brady, Rodgers, Murray, Bryant, Revis, Luck, Watt, Houston, Kuechly, Manning

In no order

This is based on what the players project for this coming season.

You have an excellent list, but they have already announced players 11-100 and they include some of your selections:

Bryant, Revis, Houston and Kuechly.

But those are quality players for sure.

I like to do this every year.....guess the top 10 once we know players 11-100. I love the deduction involved. Most of the top 10 are quite easy, but it gets tricky if you don't know who went before them. For example, had I not known I might not have chosen Luck in the top 10 or even Lynch, but close to it. And sometimes it's not out of the question to choose someone who does not even make the players top 100. At least not for me!!:heh:

Then again, the method of selection is not without some question.

If you want, check out NFL.com and search for the top 100.

#24 Next Champ
07-09-2015, 09:44 PM
The list is flawed anyways....just picking your top 20 is systematically flawed when there's 100 spots....

CanDB
07-10-2015, 10:25 AM
The list is flawed anyways....just picking your top 20 is systematically flawed when there's 100 spots....

Agreed! It's not terribly flawed, but definitely flawed.

fallforward3y+
07-11-2015, 11:13 PM
It's hard to come up with any solid criteria for ranking these guys, it's hard to compare a defensive lineman to a quarterback. If you go off of 'impact on the game', QBs take the cake imo. It's just too difficult for any non QB to impact the game as much as a QB does, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should rank 1st imo.

I'm not sure how they do that, it's hard enough to even rank guys at the same position although that's a lot easier imo. Players probably have different criterias, I guess it depends on what yours is.

This may seem strange to say, but I question how much of an 'expert' assessment a players list really is, essentially wondering if most players really have 'special insight' on most other players in the league more than an astute fan of the game.

Now sure, a corner would probably have special insight on a receiver they often face or have faced a few times before. However, would a corner really have special insight on say, a guard? They don't go head to head with them, it really doesn't make sense to expect them to have special players insight from facing them.....because they don't face them. Maybe they have some special interest and what to study a guard, but that would come from studying, not from facing them.

I have serious doubts that this really is a list made out of special insight in most instances, and I'm VERY glad people don't treat it that way.

broncoslover115
07-12-2015, 04:15 AM
It's hard to come up with any solid criteria for ranking these guys, it's hard to compare a defensive lineman to a quarterback. If you go off of 'impact on the game', QBs take the cake imo. It's just too difficult for any non QB to impact the game as much as a QB does, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should rank 1st imo.

I'm not sure how they do that, it's hard enough to even rank guys at the same position although that's a lot easier imo. Players probably have different criterias, I guess it depends on what yours is.

This may seem strange to say, but I question how much of an 'expert' assessment a players list really is, essentially wondering if most players really have 'special insight' on most other players in the league more than an astute fan of the game.

Now sure, a corner would probably have special insight on a receiver they often face or have faced a few times before. However, would a corner really have special insight on say, a guard? They don't go head to head with them, it really doesn't make sense to expect them to have special players insight from facing them.....because they don't face them. Maybe they have some special interest and what to study a guard, but that would come from studying, not from facing them.

I have serious doubts that this really is a list made out of special insight in most instances, and I'm VERY glad people don't treat it that way.

It's a popularity contest in my eyes and it seems that the majority of the players voted on are more well known.

For Chris Harris to not even be listed on the top 100 is ridiculous when he ranked as one of the better CBs, is pretty telling.

But people like to have fun and rank, so rank away.

fallforward3y+
07-13-2015, 12:52 AM
It's a popularity contest in my eyes and it seems that the majority of the players voted on are more well known.

For Chris Harris to not even be listed on the top 100 is ridiculous when he ranked as one of the better CBs, is pretty telling.

But people like to have fun and rank, so rank away.

Yeah, I believe he was one of the top guys in terms of percentage of passes thrown his way that were completed, he should have been on there imo.

I'm glad my 'bold statement' didn't get me too much flack here, lol. I think people who act like it's blasphemous to challenge a player or coach's opinion are using that as an excuse not to try and form a well thought out one. It isn't as if 'well educated' people can never be wrong, or that a 'less educated' person can't know at least one thing they don't know. Plus, players seem to often disagree with each other, which kind of makes the 'players opinion is iron clad' mentality a logical fallacy.