PDA

View Full Version : Geno Smith sucker punched out 6-10 weeks

the0rangecrush
08-11-2015, 10:36 AM
BREAKING: Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with a broken jaw after being punched by Ik Enemkpali. Ik has been released. Stay tuned for details...

This on the eve of Cam Newton's fight.

Rastic
08-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Just plain stupid...

Geno Smith will be sidelined 6-10 weeks after breaking his jaw in a "locker room altercation."
Stupefying. According to coach Todd Bowles, Smith was "sucker punched" by LB IK Enemkpali, who has been released. Bowles said the argument was not football related. The injury gifts No. 1 duties to Ryan Fitzpatrick, and destroys what was a golden opportunity for Smith to solidify the Jets' No. 1 job once and for all. Now, his future in New York is murkier than ever. The 6-10 week timeline gives Smith a shot at returning before the Jets' Week 5 bye, but it's far from a certainty. As for the rest of New York's skill corps, the shift from Smith to FitzMagic is largely neutral, and perhaps even an upgrade.

Source: Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith)

JakeNbake
08-11-2015, 10:43 AM
It's really horrible, but it's still kind of funny how stupid some people are.

Rastic
08-11-2015, 10:46 AM
This is just breaking news, so bear with us. Apparently this morning, IK Enemkpali walked up to Geno Smith and punched him in the jaw, breaking it. Enemkpali was immediately released, and Smith now has a broken jaw, which means he will be out 6-10 weeks. This is obviously huge news, and we will have more as it comes out.

Holy Moly: Geno smith got sucker punched in locker room this morning. Broken jaw. Out 6-10 weeks at least.

— Ben Shpigel (@benshpigel) August 11, 2015
I don't think I've ever heard of anything quite like this, so we'll have more soon.

Source: Gang Green Nation (http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/8/11/9131989/geno-smith-out-6-10-weeks-with-broken-jaw-enemkpali-released)

Any legal eagles out there want to weigh in on the possible criminality of this, whether Smith can press charges? I'd have to think he would have a case if he wanted to pursue it, criminally and civilly.

the0rangecrush
08-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Word is Geno Smith put his finger in the face of IK Enemkpali’s during and argument that wasn’t getting difused. Then came the punch

Jets PR are spinning this so hard

-Rod-
08-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Jaw-dropping news.

Sorry, I could not let this one slip.

Sam_Z
08-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Zero class and just plain bull... Unless Geno made a pass at his wife there is no excuse fir this behavior.

Charges will most likely follow very soon.

Larvage
08-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Bet Decker is questioning his life right now

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Just heard on radio they are now reporting that Smith was first to swing but his punch was blocked and this was the counter punch.

Mmmm if true this guy truly is an idiot

Rancid
08-11-2015, 11:45 AM
I took a look around the internet and early reports are along the lines of, "Enemkpali is no stranger to violence". Funny how they left out Geno Smith's poor decisions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-geno-smith-pulled-fast-jets-article-1.1970991

Thors Hammer
08-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Tom Brady and Bill Belichek probably had something to do with this.

6 months from now, Goodell will come out and say that there was a conspiracy to keep Geno out during Brady's suspension.

:sarcasm:

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 11:54 AM
I wonder if this was a Fitzpatrick deal like Tanya Harding :Dj/k

I am not familiar with radio station I am listening to but it is 1560 am in OK City, OK they came through with an update and said they were now saying Smith swang first, but talk show portion is still talking sucker punch---who knows

broncoslover115
08-11-2015, 12:02 PM

I am not familiar with radio station I am listening to but it is 1560 am in OK City, OK they came through with an update and said they were now saying Smith swang first, but talk show portion is still talking sucker punch---who knows

My first reaction was, this is sooo "The Jets."

I heard he put his finger in the guy's face. Who knows.

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 12:05 PM
IK Enemkpali ‏@RealIKEnemkpali · 17m17 minutes ago
How's your jaw @GenoSmith7

Don't know if that is the real guy but if it is, loll. He aint to sorry

edit: not the real account sorry

Rastic
08-11-2015, 12:43 PM

Well, in light of that news then I don't feel bad for posting this :fight:

http://i.giphy.com/l41lXXzYAwcLFHLZC.gif

Freyaka
08-11-2015, 12:46 PM
This just in, Jets are now competitive for 6-10 weeks.

ebsoria
08-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Zero class and just plain bull... Unless Geno made a pass at his wife there is no excuse fir this behavior.

Charges will most likely follow very soon.

Eh... he can make a pass at my gal.. it'd fall :incomplete: anyways.... :coffee:

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 01:04 PM
BigHeadSports retweeted

Boomer Esiason ‏@7BOOMERESIASON · 22m22 minutes ago
Bottom line if you owe somebody money pay your debt. Don't be surprised if you get punched in the face if you don't

Don't know if true but picked it up on twitter

broncoslover115
08-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Found this comment online...Cracked me up.

"The one time a defender actually committed unnecessary roughness on a quarterback."

Remedy
08-11-2015, 01:46 PM
The only time the jets will probably take down a quarterback this season.

In serious though, who does that. like... what's wrong with you.. kiss your career good bye.

dumb dumbs

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Randy M. ‏@SickGuns910 · 17m17 minutes ago
@incarceratedbob someone played Mike Tyson's Punch Out sounds during Bowles interview just now. HAHA

Not sure if true but that's funny

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 13m13 minutes ago
According to a source, the Geno Smith/IK Enemkpali fight in the Jets locker room was indeed over money

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Adam Schefter

4 mins ·

Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:
At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

wow if that's true IK is fool and a jerk, and over $600 he gets cut, wow.

Rastic
08-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Adam Schefter

4 mins ·

Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:
At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

wow if that's true IK is fool and a jerk, and over $600 he gets cut, wow.

Oh, that makes the whole story completely justifiable... smh :coffee:

... what turds - can I say that?

http://memecrunch.com/meme/9E83X/jets-2015-season/image.jpg?w=400&c=1

100%Broncoholic
08-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Brandon Marshall was seen leaving the scene of the crime with an empty McDonald's bag, just saying the poor guy slipped.

Freyaka
08-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Brandon Marshall was seen leaving the scene of the crime with an empty McDonald's bag, just saying the poor guy slipped.

Marshall is probably over in the corner like "hey, this time it wasn't me that punched the girl"

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Oh, that makes the whole story completely justifiable... smh :coffee:

... what turds - can I say that?

http://memecrunch.com/meme/9E83X/jets-2015-season/image.jpg?w=400&c=1

LMAO--Best post of thread

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Marshall is probably over in the corner like "hey, this time it wasn't me that punched the girl"

Until I got to this one LMAOX2

Wow, I really feel bad for the Jets fans but my God you just gotta laugh. How can one organization keep having so much stupid krapt even with different leadership throughout the years. I mean really. If you told me this as a story I would never have believed it. But its THE J-E-T-S JETS:D

Rancid
08-11-2015, 05:12 PM
I think it is interesting how we make jokes when Geno Smith gets his jaw broken-- yet in another thread the lynch mob is all about choices in violence, criminality, and acts of forgiveness.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?237229-Ray-Rice-wants-to-quot-Hang-em-up-the-right-way-quot

Just curios, why is it funny a dude gets his jaw broken, but in the other cases we have to get all philosophical about domestic violence? What's the difference? I am quite perplexed at the double standard.

I get there is a difference, but is there really?

CanDB
08-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Further to, NFL Access says Smith did not show up for the camp and then said he did not come because his brother broke his arm on a bike. Smith clearly did not pay the $600 back on a timely basis, and when he was confronted in the LR he put his finger in the guy's face, which prompted the attack. The fact he was punched is not justifiable, but it does sound like Smith caused a lot of the problem by not communicating the fact he would not make the camp, and for not paying back the $600 on a timely basis. And by his response in the LR, it appears he was being quite immature and irresponsible. That is probably why Revis felt both parties were guilty. Based on what I heard, up until the punch Gino was the real culprit.

Regardless, both guys lose. Enemkpali is kicked off the team and Smith has to recuperate, and may not be the starter when he returns.

Rancid
08-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Further to, NFL Access says Smith did not show up for the camp and then said he did not come because his brother broke his arm on a bike. Smith clearly did not pay the $600 back on a timely basis, and when he was confronted in the LR he put his finger in the guy's face, which prompted the attack. The fact he was punched is not justifiable, but it does sound like Smith caused a lot of the problem by not communicating the fact he would not make the camp, and for not paying back the $600 on a timely basis. And by his response in the LR, it appears he was being quite immature and irresponsible. That is probably why Revis felt both parties were guilty. Based on what I heard, up until the punch Gino was the real culprit.

That's kind of like saying Ray Rice was justified because he had to ask his wife twice to push the elevator button.

Freyaka
08-11-2015, 05:41 PM
I think it is interesting how we make jokes when Geno Smith gets his jaw broken-- yet in another thread the lynch mob is all about choices in violence, criminality, and acts of forgiveness.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?237229-Ray-Rice-wants-to-quot-Hang-em-up-the-right-way-quot

Just curios, why is it funny a dude gets his jaw broken, but in the other cases we have to get all philosophical about domestic violence? What's the difference? I am quite perplexed at the double standard.

No one is saying such violence is right, but this is just another in the long list of stupid thing that happen to the Jets... I seem to remember you making a joke in the thread you mentioned as well...I too am perplexed about the supposed double standard.

CheyennePress
08-11-2015, 06:14 PM
My first reaction was, this is sooo "The Jets."

I heard he put his finger in the guy's face. Who knows.

You can't spell dysfunction without J-E-T-S, jets, jets, jets!

FL BRONCO
08-11-2015, 06:20 PM
No one is saying such violence is right, but this is just another in the long list of stupid thing that happen to the Jets... I seem to remember you making a joke in the thread you mentioned as well...I too am perplexed about the supposed double standard.

I'm not really getting what is perplexing. Both men did something stupid and both are paying their prices for it. Yeah I do get at this point Geno does not look like he threw the first punch. But he is suppose to be looking to be the leader of the team and he is putting his finger in some guys face and giving him words, and he owed him money. He was asking for problems and that in itself was stupid when you may be on your last chance to be the qb for the team. Not that the other guy wasn't just as stupid if not more, I think he just cost himself 1 mil over $600. Both were stupid. But you expect more out of someone who is suppose to be your leader. I feel bad for Smith to a point, I don't think he deserved this, but I wont say he didn't ask for it. There is an old saying where I come from, If your are gonna be stupid, you better be tough.

Rastic
08-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Enemkpali's scouting report: 'Flashes shock and violence in punch'

Well, there goes Gino's scouting job...

Rancid
08-11-2015, 06:58 PM

ME!? Make a joke? Seriously?

Yea, I prolly made more than one. I just think the double standard is interesting. Doesn't bother me though and I don't mean to call anyone out. It is just interesting two threads about the same topic-- yet very different reactions.

JakeNbake
08-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Breaking;

Geno Smith's Jaw.

CanDB
08-11-2015, 07:01 PM
That's kind of like saying Ray Rice was justified because he had to ask his wife twice to push the elevator button.

But I said it was not justifiable. My point is that it sounds like both sides were guilty to some extent. I mean really, if Gino is the QB, and is expected to be a good role model, it appears he was not being professional about his handling of the camp. And based on his salary and such, he should have paid the money back without being asked. The finger in the face sounds bizarre.

But of course, he should not have been punched (unless he did throw first). That's a given. No one's challenging justification of the punch. The concern I have is that Geno lacked professionalism and leadership if the report I got is accurate. I completely doubt Peyton, or Brees or a whole bunch of the other QBs would have handled the situation the way he did.

Bronco51
08-11-2015, 07:03 PM

It's funny because in a few days we'll hear more about how IK confronted him about the money, and Geno was disrespectful and poked him in the chest, and he didn't think he was going to get dealt with. You have to be pretty arrogant to expect courtesy after owing a guy and disrespecting him at the same time. Yeah IK got released because of $600, but Geno also became a national joke, and his coach already he could lose his job because of the injury also for $600.

CoryWinget81
08-11-2015, 07:13 PM
This will be unpopular, but this is why imo some people's backgrounds aren't cohesive to being a leader in the locker room.

As the QB you're the leader of that locker room, and you have to be aware of that at all times.

That being said, Geno Smith is a washout that doesn't like football. He'll be a career backup or out of the league in under 3 years.

Spice 1
08-11-2015, 07:48 PM
This will be unpopular, but this is why imo some people's backgrounds aren't cohesive to being a leader in the locker room.

As the QB you're the leader of that locker room, and you have to be aware of that at all times.

That being said, Geno Smith is a washout that doesn't like football. He'll be a career backup or out of the league in under 3 years.

This kid's got how much money? Just pay the dude back, man. Who cares about whether or not you think you should owe him money. Pride, man. smh. If you hook the guy up discreetly, you never have to even worry about looking like a punk in front of the rest of the team. You never get into a situation where you feel like you have to swing on a guy to save face. If it does come to that though, you gotta do what you gotta do. Rest of the team will never respect you if you don't. Shouldn't come to that, though. Especially as the QB.

Makes me wonder how the rest of the team feels about Geno to even let that stuff go down.

CoryWinget81
08-11-2015, 08:20 PM
This kid's got how much money? Just pay the dude back, man. Who cares about whether or not you think you should owe him money. Pride, man. smh. If you hook the guy up discreetly, you never have to even worry about looking like a punk in front of the rest of the team. You never get into a situation where you feel like you have to swing on a guy to save face. If it does come to that though, you gotta do what you gotta do. Rest of the team will never respect you if you don't. Shouldn't come to that, though. Especially as the QB.

Makes me wonder how the rest of the team feels about Geno to even let that stuff go down.

Seems this had either happened before, or Geno honestly didn't believe he owed him the money.

We hear stories about bonus baby rookies getting slammed with 10k bar bills, and iirc, this happened to Geno (checking that).

There's just so much we don't know. What I do know is, as the QB, the leader, you shouldn't ever put yourself in this position.

Also, I'm not buying the "plane ticket" story.

JJBroncoFan
08-11-2015, 09:22 PM

Don't know why this would be unpopular, I completely agree. If you never grow up how can you expect to become a leader of men?

flosstein
08-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Here's my view, I get both why IK should've and shouldn't have cracked Gino in the face. And as far as I'm concerned Gino is completely at fault. Any time you disrespect a MAN, you have to prepare yourself for the actions of MAN. Call it stupid or childish, or whatever u want. Some men brush blatant disrespect off, and others don't. And Gino decided to disrespect a man that doesn't handle it too well. So it's unpopular to say and the outcome is unfortunate, but Gino got what was coming to him. He instigated the situation and put himself in harms way. Again, the outcome is unfortunate for IK and I'm not vindicating him. But Gino tried to punk and got punk'd

And who know's a wired up jaw my turn his career around, it worked for Kanye West!

FL BRONCO
08-12-2015, 06:21 AM
I wish they would stop calling it a sucker punch. If Geno was in his face going at it like they say, then that was not a sucker punch. They were face to face man to man going at it. He should've been prepared imo.

flosstein
08-12-2015, 07:09 AM
I wish they would stop calling it a sucker punch. If Geno was in his face going at it like they say, then that was not a sucker punch. They were face to face man to man going at it. He should've been prepared imo.

Exactly! If you bad enough to be in another MAN's face disrespecting him and carrying on, you better be ready for anything that can happen. And that doesn't justify it, but it's a reality of everyday life.

samparnell
08-12-2015, 07:59 AM
What a strange situation. A locker room incident resulting in one player released and another out one to two months. Pro football players are supposed to police their own locker room. This seems similar to Miami when Incognito was there. Todd Bowles needs to find some team leaders and get them on the same page to establish and enforce proper locker room behavior.

CanDB
08-12-2015, 09:06 AM
I would like a little more info, but as I stated earlier, it sounds like Geno really ticked the guy off by his actions, and to some degree, disrespect. If so, Geno has a long way to go if he thinks he's going to the QB and leader of The Jets, or any team. Again, the reaction by Enemkpali was far too extreme, and he is paying for it. BUT....this is not the type of thing that would come about with most other QBs in the league.

Maybe this will be a turning point in Geno's career.......good or bad.

Freyaka
08-12-2015, 09:59 AM
I would like a little more info, but as I stated earlier, it sounds like Geno really ticked the guy off by his actions, and to some degree, disrespect. If so, Geno has a long way to go if he thinks he's going to the QB and leader of The Jets, or any team. Again, the reaction by Enemkpali was far too extreme, and he is paying for it. BUT....this is not the type of thing that would come about with most other QBs in the league.

Maybe this will be a turning point in Geno's career.......good or bad.

I mean honestly, if the guy was up in my face and pushing my buttons (as it sounds like he was) I'd have probably clocked him too...I also don't have the body strength behind me that someone like Enemkpali does to break his jaw. He'd have had a nice bruise but that's about it. I have no problem with the guy decking Geno, it sounds like he deserved it, but you gotta know your own strength and not throw all you have into a punch like that.

We also don't really know the details, did the punch itself break the jaw? Did he knock him out and break the jaw during the fall somehow? Who knows. Violence isn't really the option, but if I've got some obnoxious little punk up in my face talking crap on me, I might go ahead and let him have it. We don't really have enough info to judge either side, the attack could have been unprovoked, or Geno could have said something about his mother, we literally have no idea.

CanDB
08-12-2015, 10:29 AM
I mean honestly, if the guy was up in my face and pushing my buttons (as it sounds like he was) I'd have probably clocked him too...I also don't have the body strength behind me that someone like Enemkpali does to break his jaw. He'd have had a nice bruise but that's about it. I have no problem with the guy decking Geno, it sounds like he deserved it, but you gotta know your own strength and not throw all you have into a punch like that.

We also don't really know the details, did the punch itself break the jaw? Did he knock him out and break the jaw during the fall somehow? Who knows. Violence isn't really the option, but if I've got some obnoxious little punk up in my face talking crap on me, I might go ahead and let him have it. We don't really have enough info to judge either side, the attack could have been unprovoked, or Geno could have said something about his mother, we literally have no idea.

When I first heard the news, I imagined some punk decking Smith over nothing. I assumed the worst against the "aggressor". That changed a lot when I heard from NFL Access that evening, including Revis' reaction. He made it seem like two people were guilty, not just one.

More to come. We may have an even different feeling after more news gets delivered.

#87Birdman
08-12-2015, 11:00 AM

But even then you can't punch someone. O they are pushing your buttons? My kids push my buttons all the time I don't hit them. And they probably know how to push them better than anyone lol.

They are in your face being disrespectful? That means ray rice had all rights to throw his punch. Because if I remember correctly she was spotting and shoving him while in his face yelling.

Punching anyone is not the right answer. There are plenty of non violent ways to deal with things.

Even if geno deserved to be punched doesn't make it right and throwing that punch got him kicked off the team which was the right thing.

58Miller
08-12-2015, 11:15 AM
After hearing Ryan Clark this morning, Geno got what he deserved. Our society is all about running our mouths and getting in peoples faces with no consequences. Geno left this guys and a group of 5 through 8 year old kids hanging, promised to pay for the plane ticket, then when the guy asked for the money Geno embarrassed the guy in front of everyone in the locker room, going as far as putting his finger in the mans face and telling him he wasn't getting the money and he wasn't going to do anything about it! Then blam! he gets cracked in his fat mouth! Consequences! And now Enemkpali will face his consequences and no longer have a job and most likely a career of any kind in the NFL. Geno learned an important lesson, and so did Enemkpali. I don't believe violence is right and should always be avoided if possible. We hear about bullies, how is this any different? People wondered why Jonathan Martin didn't stick up for himself , Enemkpali stuck up for himself he doesn't allow people to get in his face. That should be a respect all people give to one another. But many will focus on the violent act and not the reason.

Rancid
08-12-2015, 11:23 AM
It seems like we have two camps. The group that thinks if you act like a punk you deserve to get your butt kicked and another group that advocates non-violent dispute resolution and talking about feelings.

I suspect the first group is probably over 40 and of the generation that got spanked and the second group is under 40 and the everybody gets a trophy generation.

Interesting dichotomy.

58Miller
08-12-2015, 11:32 AM
It seems like we have two camps. The group that thinks if you act like a punk you deserve to get your butt kicked and another group that advocates non-violent dispute resolution and talking about feelings.

I suspect the first group is probably over 40 and of the generation that got spanked and the second group is under 40 and the everybody gets a trophy generation.

Interesting dichotomy.
Hahahaha! Im 36, and yes my dad beat me! I have a hard time with right and wrong. Because yes I don't think punching someone solves anything. I was raised that you better watch what you say and to who. And I see people today treat each other so badly, on the road is the worse people cutting each off, flipping each other off I hate it. I've hit close friends before in a drunken feud when I was disrespected to my face, I felt horrible about it after but that friend doesn't get in my face and talk down to me anymore he gives me respect, and I in turn am a lot more aware of when i'm angry and avoid bad situations before it gets to far.
The Ray Rice thing is a good example, because if that was dude no body would of had a problem with Rice Knocking out a dude that was slapping him in the face. You don't hit women period, ive been slapped, punched and kicked by women and never even crossed my mind about hitting them.

FL BRONCO
08-12-2015, 11:58 AM
But even then you can't punch someone. O they are pushing your buttons? My kids push my buttons all the time I don't hit them. And they probably know how to push them better than anyone lol.

They are in your face being disrespectful? That means ray rice had all rights to throw his punch. Because if I remember correctly she was spotting and shoving him while in his face yelling.

Punching anyone is not the right answer. There are plenty of non violent ways to deal with things.

Even if geno deserved to be punched doesn't make it right and throwing that punch got him kicked off the team which was the right thing.

I disagree. Sometimes some people ask for it and it is not only an answer it is the correct one. And I have seen many people who do deserve it. Maybe they will learn a lesson about being respectful and not messing with people . Some people these days think they should be able to get away with doing anything to anybody. Non sense, for every action there is a reaction that is earned. While violent reactions go against what I believe in and I try not to partake, that does not mean I do not see the need for it at times. On the contrary, sometimes I believe it is warranted and deserved.

edit: reminded me of the song Coward of the County---that is a good song:thumb:

58Miller
08-12-2015, 12:01 PM
I disagree. Sometimes some people ask for it and it is not only an answer it is the correct one. And I have seen many people who do deserve it. Maybe they will learn a lesson about being respectful and not messing with people . Some people these days think they should be able to get away with doing anything to anybody. Non sense, for every action there is a reaction that is earned. While violent reactions go against what I believe in and I try not to partake, that does not mean I do not see the need for it at times. On the contrary, sometimes I believe it is warranted and deserved.
Great post! I don't get why everybody says things like its never ok ! I haven't heard anyone argue with the fact that Enemkpali got kicked off the team. I think if the argument was Geno got punched, deserved it so their should be no punishment that would be saying it ok.

#87Birdman
08-12-2015, 12:19 PM

edit: reminded me of the song Coward of the County---that is a good song:thumb:

Sorry I Should have added non violent situations can be solved other ways.

If someone starts a fight by all means finish it. But if some one is just telling at you I go back to the sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Now if your intent is violence again I would approve hitting also. If it is just an argument like it seems so far hitting is not right. If anyone thinks this was okay than what ray rice did must be okay.

TheMoth
08-12-2015, 12:23 PM
The way I see it is that the worlds gotten soft over the past 30-40 years. It used to be that if someone was disrespecting you or picking on you then you went after them, taught a lesson about what happens when you treat people that way, and move on.

When it's justified, a punch to the face brings temporary pain but also draws the line in the sand about how you treat people.

There's a fine line between attacking somebody and sticking up for yourself. This line is in different spots for different people.

Personally I don't tolerate bullying of any kind and if you're gonna try to bully me or anybody I care about you better have the stones to throw down.

I guess everybody needs to draw that line and stick by it. However it's my personal belief that if you choose to let people treat you that way you are gonna get walked all over for your whole life.

Freyaka
08-12-2015, 12:24 PM

It really depends on the situation. I have a lot of patients with my kids and that's honestly a different situation, i would never lay a finger on them like that, nor my wife, if he's being a little disrespectful punk and pushing me around...I may not have as much patients with that.

I'm not saying that punching him was the right option, just saying that depending on what Geno was doing, I understand it. He does deserve to be kicked off the team because if I were to punch someone here at work, it would cost me my job as well.

Freyaka
08-12-2015, 12:28 PM

Interesting dichotomy.

32, but was spanked as a child and I also know the importance of respecting those around me. I'm with 58, sounds like Geno was being a bully and Enemkpali stood up for himself.

He also brings up a great point, what if Martin finally stood up for himself and let icognito have what most would say he rightfully deserved. Would Martin be the one cut and vilified?

TheMoth
08-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Obviously there's a difference between being bullied and being in an argument with someone. And that all changes when women and children are involved or family members etc...

However I think most people can say that at a certain point somebody crosses the line and violence may be the right way of handling the situation in order to ensure the protection of yourself and those you care about.

Freyaka
08-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Hahahaha! Im 36, and yes my dad beat me! I have a hard time with right and wrong. Because yes I don't think punching someone solves anything. I was raised that you better watch what you say and to who. And I see people today treat each other so badly, on the road is the worse people cutting each off, flipping each other off I hate it. I've hit close friends before in a drunken feud when I was disrespected to my face, I felt horrible about it after but that friend doesn't get in my face and talk down to me anymore he gives me respect, and I in turn am a lot more aware of when i'm angry and avoid bad situations before it gets to far.
The Ray Rice thing is a good example, because if that was dude no body would of had a problem with Rice Knocking out a dude that was slapping him in the face. You don't hit women period, ive been slapped, punched and kicked by women and never even crossed my mind about hitting them.

I look at it like this. I had kid who would bully me day after day. I sat there and took it from him. He bullied my brother once and I dropped him like a rock. (you can get away with a lot in messing with me, touch my family and we have issues) We were best friends after that and he never treated me poorly again. Some people say violence isn't the answer, but sometimes a bully is a bully and the only thing they will listen to is a taste of their own medicine. Sometimes you absolutely have to stand up for yourself.

FL BRONCO
08-12-2015, 12:32 PM

If someone starts a fight by all means finish it. But if some one is just telling at you I go back to the sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Now if your intent is violence again I would approve hitting also. If it is just an argument like it seems so far hitting is not right. If anyone thinks this was okay than what ray rice did must be okay.

Those are 2 totally different situations imo. A man getting in a mans face and a woman getting in a mans face are imo 2 totally different things. While I get the woman who does it is wrong and should probably expect some repercussions, they are different then a man doing it the way I grew up. I personally did not see her do enough in the video to warrant getting a full fledged cold **** knock her out blow like he did . But that is just my opinion. That does not mean I don't think that no woman ever does, on the contrary. There are two old sayings that imo go hand in hand.

A gentleman never hits a lady
If you expect to be treated like a lady then act like one.

Between those two areas there is a lot of levels of grey.

But those do not apply to a man on man. I've never heard anyone say if you expect to be treated like a man act like one, at least not when it pertains to man fights. If a man bows up at you in your face pointing and gesturing then he is pushing it to the next level and the next level is coming to blows. He knows it when he gets in another guys face or he should.

#87Birdman
08-12-2015, 12:38 PM
It really depends on the situation. I have a lot of patients with my kids and that's honestly a different situation, i would never lay a finger on them like that, nor my wife, if he's being a little disrespectful punk and pushing me around...I may not have as much patients with that.

I'm not saying that punching him was the right option, just saying that depending on what Geno was doing, I understand it. He does deserve to be kicked off the team because if I were to punch someone here at work, it would cost me my job as well.

I was joking about the kids they have just proven to be the best at pushing my buttons. If I can develop patients with them I can with anyone. Like I said it does depend on the violence of the situation.

I didn't see that geno was pushing I saw finger waging but if there was pushing it would depend on the severity and intent. Because that could be intended to hurt and be violent and ik would be right to defend himself.

flosstein
08-12-2015, 12:40 PM

Sometimes there's a point where as a man a certain level of disrespect pushes you past that point. That very well could be a woman spitting in your face and slapping you or another grown man in your face talking to you as if you're his child. Where that line is drawn is unique to each individual person. So it's best practice to not put yourself in positions where you may find yourself being disrespectful to another person. That's a very important man rule that Geno's daddy and any other man in his life should've taught him. If you disrespect a man, be prepared for what happens next.

#87Birdman
08-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Those are 2 totally different situations imo. A man getting in a mans face and a woman getting in a mans face are imo 2 totally different things. While I get the woman who does it is wrong and should probably expect some repercussions, they are different then a man doing it the way I grew up. I personally did not see her do enough in the video to warrant getting a full fledged cold **** knock her out blow like he did . But that is just my opinion. That does not mean I don't think that no woman ever does, on the contrary. There are two old sayings that imo go hand in hand.

A gentleman never hits a lady
If you expect to be treated like a lady then act like one.

Between those two areas there is a lot of levels of grey.

But those do not apply to a man on man. I've never heard anyone say if you expect to be treated like a man act like one, at least not when it pertains to man fights. If a man bows up at you in your face pointing and gesturing then he is pushing it to the next level and the next level is coming to blows. He knows it when he gets in another guys face or he should.

I see it as a person getting in a person's face. If they are make our female makes no difference. I believe everyone should have the same rights.

Like you said you didn't see enough in that video to warrant that punch and I would agree just like I haven't seen enough in this geno case to warrant a punch either.

FL BRONCO
08-12-2015, 12:58 PM
I see it as a person getting in a person's face. If they are make our female makes no difference. I believe everyone should have the same rights.

Like you said you didn't see enough in that video to warrant that punch and I would agree just like I haven't seen enough in this geno case to warrant a punch either.

Well I will agree to disagree.
Men and women aren't the same. By their very nature they weren't designed the same and I have never treated them in the same manner for every situation. I have never laid my hands on a woman in a violent manner, at least not in a angry violent manner. That does not mean I have not gotten into some heated discussions or been slapped before. I have. But I can tell you if it was a man doing it, it would've been on like donkey kong.

I don't particularly see those differences as bad ones, a woman should be given the respect not to in those situations. They are imo different beings. They are physically weaker and they certainly react differently to the same situations as men or at least than I do. I don't claim to understand woman but I have come to these conclusions. Now this can get in to a whole other discussion and this thread is hijacked already.

#87Birdman
08-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Well I will agree to disagree.
Men and women aren't the same. By their very nature they weren't designed the same and I have never treated them in the same manner for every situation. I have never laid my hands on a woman in a violent manner, at least not in a angry violent manner. That does not mean I have not gotten into some heated discussions or been slapped before. I have. But I can tell you if it was a man doing it, it would've been on like donkey kong.

I don't particularly see those differences as bad ones, a woman should be given the respect not to in those situations. They are imo different beings. They are physically weaker and they certainly react differently to the same situations as men or at least than I do. I don't claim to understand woman but I have come to these conclusions. Now this can get in to a whole other discussion and this thread is hijacked already.

I can agree to disagree.

And I woo have to say the Jets agree with the assessment that geno didn't do enough either to deserve that punch as one is of the team and one isn't.

broncoslover115
08-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Well that was fast, the Bills just picked up Enemkpali. Guess teams don't feel it was that bad after all.

#87Birdman
08-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Well that was fast, the Bills just picked up Enemkpali. Guess teams don't feel it was that bad after all.

He probably told them he knew how to hit qbs really hard

FL BRONCO
08-12-2015, 01:45 PM

Rex Ryan prob did it BECAUSE HE HIT GENO:thumb:

FL BRONCO
08-12-2015, 01:46 PM
I can agree to disagree.

And I woo have to say the Jets agree with the assessment that geno didn't do enough either to deserve that punch as one is of the team and one isn't.

Well lets be for real one is/was the starting qb who has been there, the other is a 6th rd lb. Even if Geno had thrown first punch, I believe results would have been similar in the end

FL BRONCO
08-12-2015, 01:47 PM
he probably told them he knew how to hit qbs really hard

lol--very nic-cp

Freyaka
08-12-2015, 02:28 PM

Yea, but as bad as Geno is, Enemkpali actually probably did the Jets a favor, now they can explore other options at QB for the first half of the season. Geno might not have a job when he gets back.

#87Birdman
08-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Well lets be for real one is/was the starting qb who has been there, the other is a 6th rd lb. Even if Geno had thrown first punch, I believe results would have been similar in the end

Geno would have managed to miss his target and hit himself in the face?

Can't believe geno is just to accurate lol

Freyaka
08-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Geno would have managed to miss his target and hit himself in the face?

Can't believe geno is just to accurate lol

Well, it's better than some of their previous QB's. Tim Tebow would have punched the floor and broke his own hand.

#87Birdman
08-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Well, it's better than some of their previous QB's. Tim Tebow would have punched the floor and broke his own hand.

Better than Sanchez who would have ran face first into the person and broke his jaw and fumble away the Jets season.

samparnell
08-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Todd Bowles has a problem he needs to fix ASAP.

Freyaka
08-12-2015, 07:53 PM
What do you bet Rex Ryan called him up like two days before and was like "punch that guy in the face and you'll have a roster spot in Buffalo"

the0rangecrush
08-13-2015, 03:40 AM
"Via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, unnamed sources within the team are saying Smith “deserved it.”

Smith “was up in [Enemkpali’s] face and pointed/touched his face,” an eyewitness said.

That followed Ryan Clark’s defense of Enemkpali on ESPN Radio earlier Wednesday morning, as he explained the situation surrounding Smith stiffing the linebacker out of $600 worth of travel expenses.

“These guys were in each other’s face,” Clark said, via the New York Post. “Geno put his finger in his face and told the guy, ‘Well, you’re not going to do anything about it.’ . . ."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/13/jets-source-says-broken-jawed-geno-smith-deserved-it/

InsaneBlaze23
08-13-2015, 04:20 AM
Yea, but as bad as Geno is, Enemkpali actually probably did the Jets a favor, now they can explore other options at QB for the first half of the season. Geno might not have a job when he gets back.

It seems like players on the team don't even like Geno. This morning on Mike&Mike, they had a guy on who mentioned some vets don't like Geno. Some of it is because of how cocky he is, this is the same person that got pissy about not going in the first round. More is because of off field mess like missing a team meeting and going to the movies and claiming he didn't know the timezone.

So as you said about it working in the Jets favor, it works not just because Geno sucks as an NFL QB, but they can attempt to find the team an actually leader that the players can rally around. Work out a trade, watch who gets cut throughout preseason.

Geno can go play in the CFL.

flosstein
08-13-2015, 09:12 AM
"Via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, unnamed sources within the team are saying Smith “deserved it.”

Smith “was up in [Enemkpali’s] face and pointed/touched his face,” an eyewitness said.

That followed Ryan Clark’s defense of Enemkpali on ESPN Radio earlier Wednesday morning, as he explained the situation surrounding Smith stiffing the linebacker out of $600 worth of travel expenses.

“These guys were in each other’s face,” Clark said, via the New York Post. “Geno put his finger in his face and told the guy, ‘Well, you’re not going to do anything about it.’ . . ."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/13/jets-source-says-broken-jawed-geno-smith-deserved-it/

He definitely deserved it then. I can't be mad at IK at all. Like I said in another post Gino's pappy should've taught him better "man rules".

InsaneBlaze23
08-13-2015, 09:37 AM
He definitely deserved it then. I can't be mad at IK at all. Like I said in another post Gino's pappy should've taught him better "man rules".
Where I grew up, many things you dont let someone do. One of those things is letting someone put their hand in your face. Its beyond disrespectful. Its a fight in the making. So I don't think Ik was in the wrong, I do think Geno was in the wrong by not only making comments but putting his hands in another man's face.

EddieMac
08-13-2015, 10:32 AM
It seems like players on the team don't even like Geno. This morning on Mike&Mike, they had a guy on who mentioned some vets don't like Geno. Some of it is because of how cocky he is, this is the same person that got pissy about not going in the first round. More is because of off field mess like missing a team meeting and going to the movies and claiming he didn't know the timezone.

So as you said about it working in the Jets favor, it works not just because Geno sucks as an NFL QB, but they can attempt to find the team an actually leader that the players can rally around. Work out a trade, watch who gets cut throughout preseason.

Geno can go play in the CFL.

Why You hate the CFL and Canada? :D

Freyaka
08-13-2015, 10:39 AM

Why do you support Rodger Goodell?

broncoslover115
08-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Why do you support Rodger Goodell?

Ah good one Frey!

Freyaka
08-13-2015, 10:45 AM
Ah good one Frey!

It's never going to get old.... :D

58Miller
08-13-2015, 12:07 PM
If I was Ryan I'd be mad, cause I'd want to face Geno twice a year.

InsaneBlaze23
08-13-2015, 12:13 PM

No, but we gotta deal with Bieber, so yall can have our players that aren't good enough for even the Jets or Raiders.

FL BRONCO
08-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Apparantly Ik apologized to everyone but Geno:smug:

CoryWinget81
08-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Sometimes there's a point where as a man a certain level of disrespect pushes you past that point. That very well could be a woman spitting in your face and slapping you or another grown man in your face talking to you as if you're his child. Where that line is drawn is unique to each individual person. So it's best practice to not put yourself in positions where you may find yourself being disrespectful to another person. That's a very important man rule that Geno's daddy and any other man in his life should've taught him. If you disrespect a man, be prepared for what happens next.

Plain and simple, cut and dry, if you put your hand in someone's face, especially in front of peers, that needs to be handled.

I've met many men that have never been in a fight who's attitude towards the world changed after he ran his mouth at the wrong dude.

NEVER let someone get comfortable with disrespecting you.