PDA

View Full Version : TY Hilton signs extension

the0rangecrush
08-13-2015, 05:41 AM
"T.Y. Hilton will be staying in Indianapolis long past this year.

The Colts have announced that Hilton, who was heading into the final season of his rookie contract, has agreed to terms on an extension. PFT has confirmed that its a five-year extension, putting him under contract through 2020, worth $65 million including $39 million in total guarantees. We dont yet know how much is fully guaranteed at signing.

Its a great day for the Indianapolis Colts, T.Y. Hilton and his family, said Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson in a statement. Were extremely happy as an organization to ensure that T.Y. will continue to be a part of our journey for many years to come. His daily excellence on and off the field is a shining example of an individual striving for greatness and what it truly means to be a Colt.

The Colts drafted Hilton in the third round in 2012, and he has caught 214 passes for 3,289 yards as a Colt. Indianapolis hopes he catches hundreds more passes from Andrew Luck."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/13/colts-announce-long-term-contract-with-t-y-hilton/

For perspective DT signed a 5y 70m with 43.5g. I think the Colts overpaid, but hey what do I know.

FL BRONCO
08-13-2015, 06:33 AM
Congrats TY

SecondsAway131
08-13-2015, 07:09 AM
"T.Y. Hilton will be staying in Indianapolis long past this year.

The Colts have announced that Hilton, who was heading into the final season of his rookie contract, has agreed to terms on an extension. PFT has confirmed that it’s a five-year extension, putting him under contract through 2020, worth $65 million including $39 million in total guarantees. We don’t yet know how much is fully guaranteed at signing.

“It’s a great day for the Indianapolis Colts, T.Y. Hilton and his family,” said Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson in a statement. “We’re extremely happy as an organization to ensure that T.Y. will continue to be a part of our journey for many years to come. His daily excellence on and off the field is a shining example of an individual striving for greatness and what it truly means to be a Colt.”

The Colts drafted Hilton in the third round in 2012, and he has caught 214 passes for 3,289 yards as a Colt. Indianapolis hopes he catches hundreds more passes from Andrew Luck."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/13/colts-announce-long-term-contract-with-t-y-hilton/

For perspective DT signed a 5y 70m with 43.5g. I think the Colts overpaid, but hey what do I know.

I think this was a no-brainer for the Colts. T.Y. may not get the recognition that bigger guys like Dez, Julio, or DT get, but he's extremely talented. He'll likely be top-10 in the league for receiving yards for years to come.

That being said, this does make me feel better about DT's contract. I think WR contracts are going to go up considerably in the next few years, especially with AJ, Julio, and Alshon extensions coming soon. Even further down the road, once guys like DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, and OBJ get resigned, DT's and Dez's contracts are going to look like incredible values.

Atwnbroncfan
08-13-2015, 09:40 AM
Massive overpay, when are the Colts gonna learn that you need to build something on D. They are doing the same crap they did to Peyton during his time there.

bgpatsfan
08-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Lol Colts make me laugh... they clearly don't know how to run a team. Draft Dorrsett in the first round and overpay for Hilton.

Randall Cobb is a better receiver and Hilton got considerably more money.

Everyone is on the Colts hype train this year until they see everyone push their defense around

HUMCALC
08-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Lol Colts make me laugh... they clearly don't know how to run a team. Draft Dorrsett in the first round and overpay for Hilton.

Randall Cobb is a better receiver and Hilton got considerably more money.

Everyone is on the Colts hype train this year until they see everyone push their defense around

Hilton's outperformed Cobb every year. I do think that IND should have spent more $ on DL & RB, though

CTM
08-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Good for Hilton. I don't think it's an overpay, he and Luck obviously are a great connection, plus he's still entering his prime years as a player. I think people get caught up with the fact he's only 5'9 but he is a beast.

It should be interesting to watch the Colts manage their cap situation. Luck next season is very likely going to be the highest paid player per year, my guess is 23-24 mil. But again the cap is soon going to be 190 mil so percentage wise these numbers aren't that much higher than a receiver and QB 6 years ago counting about 8 mil and 14 mil respectively.

bgpatsfan
08-15-2015, 09:16 AM
Hilton's outperformed Cobb every year. I do think that IND should have spent more $ on DL & RB, though

I mean Cobb did have more catches and more TDs last season, albeit 53 less yards.

You are overlooking that Cobb wasn't a full time player his first two years in the league and injured in his third season.

Here are the receivers that are worth the money TY Hilton just got:
Calvin
Dez
Julio
AJ Green
Odell
Antonio Brown
DT

Is TY even a top 10 receiver? I certainly don't think so.

Patriots could suit up their water boy vs the Colts and have him run for 150 yards and 2+ TDs