PDA

View Full Version : Should I get different seats?

rockymtnbronco
08-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Hi,

First timer here... Finally making my dream come true and heading to Denver for the season opener against the Ravens!

I purchased tickets but am now second guessing my choice. Hoping to get your advice on whether or not I should sell the ones I have and get different ones. Coming from a long ways away so want to be sure my wife and I can have the best experience possible. Price is not a huge deal with this being a possible once in a lifetime trip.

Our tickets are for section 123 row 40 (can't remember the seat numbers). They look to be 50 yard line tickets and are on the lower level behind the Ravens bench.

I noticed that tickets on the level above (section 337) were more expensive? Why is this? Is it a better view or am I missing something?

Also, we bought tickets on the Ravens sideline so we would could see the Broncos players facing us instead of having their backs to us in section 105 (the 50 yard line tickets on the other side of the field). Is this going to be too far away from the players to matter anyway? If it is then I would rather get tickets for the Broncos sidelines instead even if it means having to look at their backs.

Last, if you were coming from a long ways away and this may be your only chance to watch a game (and money wasn't really a huge factor), would you keep these tickets or get different ones? If different, where?

Thanks for your help!

EddieMac
08-13-2015, 11:21 AM
I have been there 3 times now.... Congrats its AWESOME in Denver.

I have been in 3 different sections.

I had seats in section 104 ( great to watch the players on the sidelines but lousy to see the game play )

I have sat in section ( can't remember exactly but close to ) section 514. Way high up but a really good view of the game) Far from the beers though

My favourite - but a really different way to watch the game was in section 134 ( maybe 133?) ... You can really watch plays develop and it truly unique for that experience.

I would sit in a Broncos section as the fans are great and you can have a lot of fun.

Go early and tailgate.... its really fun and people are very friendly. Visit the store the day before, its a pain on gameday and there is a ton to look at in there.

rockymtnbronco
08-13-2015, 11:47 AM
I had seats in section 104 ( great to watch the players on the sidelines but lousy to see the game play )

Thanks for the reply and the tips EddieMac. Curious though... how far down did you sit in section 104 (what row)? I will be towards the top of section 123 so I wonder if my seats would be better because they are higher up?

86Elwayfan
08-13-2015, 12:00 PM
I would tell you to keep your 123 seats. You will be high enough up that your view wont be obscured by the players and you are first level near the 50!! Doesn't get much better than that in my opinion.

The 300 level seats are club level and have some perks that come with them, but I think it's a different atmosphere up there. I have been there a few times an much prefer my 100 level seats to them due to the crowd being more into the game. Basically on the 300 level you pay for the creature features haha. JWinn can tell you all about club as that is where he sits.

rockymtnbronco
08-13-2015, 02:04 PM
I would tell you to keep your 123 seats. You will be high enough up that your view wont be obscured by the players and you are first level near the 50!! Doesn't get much better than that in my opinion.

The 300 level seats are club level and have some perks that come with them, but I think it's a different atmosphere up there. I have been there a few times an much prefer my 100 level seats to them due to the crowd being more into the game. Basically on the 300 level you pay for the creature features haha. JWinn can tell you all about club as that is where he sits.

Thanks for the reply 86Elwayfan. Good to hear!

Do you guys know if section 123 is facing the sun or is the sun behind us?

86Elwayfan
08-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the reply 86Elwayfan. Good to hear!

Do you guys know if section 123 is facing the sun or is the sun behind us?

Section 123 is facing the Sun. I am in 118 which is why i know. Now with you all being in row 40 you may be shaded by the overhang of the 300 sections but I am not sure. The baltimore game will be pretty warm in that section though.

Sophia23
08-13-2015, 03:22 PM
I sat near the fifty yard line during my first Broncos game. I had a great time with the fans around me, but even though I was on the first level near the top, I found the field harder to see without watching the big screens on either side of the field. It's not really a big deal, watching the monitors to catch the plays if your mainly there for the atmosphere and the great time of being surrounded by other great fans.

Endzones have been the same experience for me, fans are a blast to be around, but to catch the plays it's mainly watching the monitors.

Best seats I've ever had as to having a great view of the field was club seats … my brother loved them I think because he likes having the private entrance and watching other folks being turned away. They come out to take your order for drinks or food to I believe, I didn't order food. Rather than just catching the guy for beer or soda as they walk by. However, if you really like to yell and cheer as I do you may feel very out of place in this section. Everyone around me was very quite, mostly just sat and watched the field I was very out of place.

That being said the best seats in the house depend on what type of experience you want to walk away with at your first game. I've loved every game I've ever been to, wether the seats offered a great view or great crowd ….

EddieMac
08-13-2015, 04:11 PM
I was row 3 i believe. they were Cadillac seats right by the tunnel and everything... it was great for me to see the team and even exchanged a few words with John Lynch.

Watching the game was bad as it on the side so I saw next to nothing of it.

rockymtnbronco
08-13-2015, 04:43 PM
Section 123 is facing the Sun. I am in 118 which is why i know. Now with you all being in row 40 you may be shaded by the overhang of the 300 sections but I am not sure. The baltimore game will be pretty warm in that section though.

Thank you for the clarification 86Elwayfan.

I was row 3 i believe. they were Cadillac seats right by the tunnel and everything... it was great for me to see the team and even exchanged a few words with John Lynch.

Watching the game was bad as it on the side so I saw next to nothing of it.

Very cool about Lynch EddieMac. Thanks for the reply.

I sat near the fifty yard line during my first Broncos game. I had a great time with the fans around me, but even though I was on the first level near the top, I found the field harder to see without watching the big screens on either side of the field. It's not really a big deal, watching the monitors to catch the plays if your mainly there for the atmosphere and the great time of being surrounded by other great fans.

Endzones have been the same experience for me, fans are a blast to be around, but to catch the plays it's mainly watching the monitors.

Best seats I've ever had as to having a great view of the field was club seats my brother loved them I think because he likes having the private entrance and watching other folks being turned away. They come out to take your order for drinks or food to I believe, I didn't order food. Rather than just catching the guy for beer or soda as they walk by. However, if you really like to yell and cheer as I do you may feel very out of place in this section. Everyone around me was very quite, mostly just sat and watched the field I was very out of place.

That being said the best seats in the house depend on what type of experience you want to walk away with at your first game. I've loved every game I've ever been to, wether the seats offered a great view or great crowd .

Thank you Sophia23 for your input. Curious though why you couldn't see the field if you were up near the top? What row were you in?

rockymtnbronco
08-13-2015, 09:09 PM
While I appreciate everyone's help, I have to say that I'm a little more confused now than I was before I posted lol...

The reason for this is because of the following two conflicting replies from helpful forum members...

I sat near the fifty yard line during my first Broncos game. I had a great time with the fans around me, but even though I was on the first level near the top, I found the field harder to see without watching the big screens on either side of the field.

The first reply says that it will be hard to see the game without watching the big screens (because the players will be blocking our view) while the second reply says that this won't be an issue because we will be up high enough.

Can someone please confirm which one is correct?

This may be my only chance to experience a Broncos game in person and I want to make the most of it.

Any clarity on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!:D

86Elwayfan
08-14-2015, 07:16 AM
While I appreciate everyone's help, I have to say that I'm a little more confused now than I was before I posted lol...

The reason for this is because of the following two conflicting replies from helpful forum members...

The first reply says that it will be hard to see the game without watching the big screens (because the players will be blocking our view) while the second reply says that this won't be an issue because we will be up high enough.

Can someone please confirm which one is correct?

This may be my only chance to experience a Broncos game in person and I want to make the most of it.

Any clarity on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!:D

I have never sat on the 50, 40 rows up so if sophia has she will have better knowledge than I will. :D I am just going off what I have heard.

rockymtnbronco
08-14-2015, 12:58 PM
I have never sat on the 50, 40 rows up so if sophia has she will have better knowledge than I will. :D I am just going off what I have heard.

Ok thank you for your clarification 86Elwayfan.

Hopefully Sophia23 will chime in here and clear things up.

If not then maybe someone else that has sat in the lower sections of the stadium (near the 40 or 50) up in the higher rows (30-41) can help me out...

Anyone?

Ralcala119
08-14-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm section 123, row 32 for that same game. First Broncos game, too! Flying in from Texas. I don't have any advice, obviously, just glad to see someone who I'll be close-ish to! I'm flying solo on this trip because I snagged a half price ticket and it was too good to pass up. Stay in our section! Haha, GO BRONCOS! And see you in 30 days! :)

rockymtnbronco
08-14-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm section 123, row 32 for that same game. First Broncos game, too! Flying in from Texas. I don't have any advice, obviously, just glad to see someone who I'll be close-ish to! I'm flying solo on this trip because I snagged a half price ticket and it was too good to pass up. Stay in our section! Haha, GO BRONCOS! And see you in 30 days! :)

That's awesome Ralcala119! 30 days can't go fast enough!! I would like to stay in our section but also want to make sure that I can see the game.

Crossing my fingers that someone can help me here.

See ya in Denver!

86Elwayfan
08-14-2015, 03:29 PM
That's awesome Ralcala119! 30 days can't go fast enough!! I would like to stay in our section but also want to make sure that I can see the game.

Crossing my fingers that someone can help me here.

See ya in Denver!

I will say my seats are 13 rows up near the north endzone and i don't ever have a problem seeing the game. Though i don't ever have players in front of me. I have to watch the big screen once in a while but not that often.

rockymtnbronco
08-14-2015, 10:45 PM
I will say my seats are 13 rows up near the north endzone and i don't ever have a problem seeing the game. Though i don't ever have players in front of me. I have to watch the big screen once in a while but not that often.

Awesome... that's encouraging to hear.:thumb:

Sophia23
08-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Ok thank you for your clarification 86Elwayfan.

Hopefully Sophia23 will chime in here and clear things up.

If not then maybe someone else that has sat in the lower sections of the stadium (near the 40 or 50) up in the higher rows (30-41) can help me out...

Anyone?

I'm sometimes bad about returning to read responses but I got to you in a pm, so guess we're good.

Anyways, I don't think there's a bad seat in the house. If you at anytime have a problem seeing what's going on on the field, check the big monitors, and you won't miss anything. :goz:

rockymtnbronco
08-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Thank you Sophia!

With Sophia's permission, posted below is what I was sent in a private message from Sophia in response to my question about where the location of the tickets were...

----------------------------------------

Hi rockymtnbronco,

It's funny I keep sentimental stuff like that. Maybe I was little off it's the closest I've been to the fifty yard line, but my tickets from that Mile High game were Section 124 row A21 seat 7 and seat 8. hehe - still had a news paper clipping attached to them that said 2 hours of Violence - cause they beat up on the Eagles. Hope your game is as enjoyable to watch!

If your in row 40 you may have a better view. I would need to find where my club seats were when I attended that game .... I'll see if I can find out - they were higher up, but seriously felt like it was a much better view of the field. I'll let you know if I come across those. Maybe it's just me, but I tend to watch the big monitors a lot at the game to have the best idea as to what's happening. I really don't remember watching them that much at all from our club seats, but have any time I've been on the first level.

I look for the club tickets over the next couple days... so you have an idea where those seats were at if your most interested in the view.

Take Care - Sophia

rockymtnbronco
08-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I have decided to keep my tickets and can't wait for opening day.... Go Broncos!!

VenomousDB
09-09-2015, 02:54 PM
There's not a bad seat in the house. I've sat everywhere. 500's north end zone, 500's on the 50 (Both sides), I've sat in the 300s both sides, I've sat in the 100's north end zone, south stands, ive sat a few rows up from the field and 40 rows up. Your tickets are good. I must say I personally prefer the south stands.