PDA

View Full Version : Perspective on Cutler

Den615
08-21-2015, 11:19 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25276233/if-you-hate-jay-cutlers-attitude-you-dont-know-the-real-jay-cutler

INDIANAPOLIS -- There is a bounce in his step, a smile on his face, a calm about him.

Jay Cutler?

Ripping Cutler and even his body language -- however absurd that can be -- has become a cottage industry of sorts, with parody accounts mocking Cutler's propensity to come off as surly and unlikeable, even if few know much about him, other than he's a quarterback that fans and media love to rip.

Good read on our former QB. In many ways this current version of Jay reminds me of the Jake Plummer we had in Denver.

When Peyton hangs it up, and if it turns out that Osweiler isn't the answer, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a Cutler reunion in Denver. Kubiak does run the offense that Jay was drafted to play... An offense that had him looking like a top tier QB three years into his career. I highly doubt it would ever happen, but it is an interesting thought.

Remedy
08-21-2015, 11:30 AM
I don't know how keen I would be on a return of cutler.

Maybe Jake the snake however.

Dennis.1960
08-21-2015, 11:34 AM
No interest in Cutler...if you think Peyton's "on no everything's going wrong" expression is bad, Cutler's is far worse ;)

Houshmazode
08-21-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm sure he'll be calm with a Fox staff in place that's too scared to call him out when he screws up.

bears6385
08-23-2015, 09:53 AM
Jay is still an inconsistent, frustrating, quarterback. You can win games with Jay, but not because of Jay.

Den615
08-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Jay is still an inconsistent, frustrating, quarterback. You can win games with Jay, but not because of Jay.

I think there are elements of truth to that, but he had some good comebacks in Denver that made him look like a guy who can carry a team. Theres a reason you guys gave up so much to get him. In Chicago your defense was supposed to help him win games, but sadly that unit fell apart shortly after he arrived. In Denver and Chicago he never had a consistent coaching staff or defense. Not making excuses, he brings a lot of it on himself... but I wonder what he might have been had he stayed in Denver

samparnell
08-25-2015, 12:26 PM
Well, he's thirty-two years old and under a very large contract with the Bears for the next six seasons.

CoryWinget81
08-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Jay Cutler is the most frustrating QB I've ever watched. The talent is there, and he's most certainly not stupid.

I think Jay's biggest issue is also his greatest strength. He just wants to ball. He doesn't want to be coached, he doesn't want to be a leader, he just wants to play. If you listen to Jay talk about football, you can tell he loves the game, which is his next big issue. I think he despises the grind and the media in general, which makes him come off as a poopy head. :2cents: