PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 2: 2015 Broncos vs Chiefs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Elway
09-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Hello Broncomaniacs back for week 2 on a quick turnaround.

A mod will sticky this for us as soon as they can :)

Well game one was different. Rarely have I ever seen a board so devisive in a winning effort.
Manning was sacked 4 times, CJ couldn't run the ball. Passing game struggled and we attempted 40 passes though that is contrary to what we heard Kubiak wants.

The D.... Brilliant, Fast, Dominant, Swarming, Brutal, Unrelenting and Game Changing.
That was one of the most impressive efforts I've ever seen by any team in a game.
They are well deserving of any kudos given.

The offense led us to 4 Field goals and McManus nailed 3 long field goals, so special teams stepped up IMO as well.

So with the quick turnaround we're off to KC for week 2.
So how do we do in week 2 games. Well in the last 10 years we have went 9-1 in week 2 match ups
8 Wins at home, 1 win on the road, 1 loss on the road.

Against he chiefs we have played 20 regular games in that span - We have won 14 of 20 games, of the 6 losses 4 were away 2 at home.

The last time we lost on KC was 2010 with Kyle Orton. Manning in the last 3 years has been 6-0 vs KC, A trend I hope continues this week.

I look forward to seeing how the D handles KC on the road and if they can be just as dynamic. KC will be pumped up for their season opener, they have some good defensive players in Berry and Houston. I'd love to see our offense do a bit better this game while our D clamp down on them from the start. Also glad to have Ward back on the field as well this week, it can only help.

As Sunday displayed, emotions run can run high here, Help the The Administrators out and follow the COC. Link attached.
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ode-of-Conduct

As I always: Go Broncos!!!! :logo:
WIn the game so I can focus on my fantasy team on Sunday :)

Peanut
09-16-2015, 07:20 PM
First!

I've always wanted to do that. :D

Gooo Broncos!!!!

EddieMac
09-16-2015, 08:03 PM
Durrrrnnnnnnn me too.

Thanks Elway .... and :

http://toons.artie.com/thanksgiving/arg-dancing-go-orange-blue-on-white-url.gif

http://toons.artie.com/thanksgiving/arg-broncos-orange-on-white-url.gif

AZ Snake Fan
09-16-2015, 08:25 PM

Always a tough time in Arrowhead, this should be a hard fought slug fest.
Both teams are still licking their wounds from last Sunday in this short week game.
Denver’s “D” will continue to keep getting the ball back for the Broncos’ Offense !!!.

Broncos 42
Cheffies 13

GO BRONCOS !!!

A-FIzzle
09-16-2015, 08:25 PM
:logo:

Week 2 - Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs
Date & Time: Thursday, September 17th, 2015; 8:25 p.m. ET
Series Record: Chiefs lead 56-54
Last Meeting: Broncos won 29-16 (11/30/14)
Last Week: Broncos defeated Ravens 19-13; Chiefs defeated Texans 27-20

:logo:

Week 2 pinned my beloved Denver Broncos against their division foe Kansas City Chiefs. This would be their first road game of the season. This is also their first primetime game of the season, let alone their first Thursday night game of the season.

Week 1 Recap:

The Broncos are coming off a 19-13 win over the Baltimore Ravens in a great defensive battle. In fact, the only touchdowns in the game came off of pick sixes, so there was no offensive touchdowns involved in the game. For the first time ever, I was impressed with Aqib Talib. I never was a fan of his, but I can honestly say that I was impressed with him. On Sunday, he came up with one of the pick sixes that would put the Broncos up and keep them up for good. The game-sealer came from ex-Raven Darian Stewart with his diving interception in the end zone to lock up the 19-13 win over the Ravens. Plus, Brandon McManus had a stellar day as well, getting his season started on the right note by going 4/4 on FG's. So that was good to see. Our front 7 was on point. DeMarcus Ware had a GREAT sack on Joe Flacco! Our defense kept the Ravens under 200 total yards, which was see. Offense needs to step it up, and I mean the ENTIRE offense! Not just Peyton, not just the offensive line.

Run Defense:

I was pleased with the run defense last Sunday. In fact, I was impressed with the entire defense. If I'm gonna analyze the Broncos/Chiefs game that's set to happen Thursday, I have to start on the run defense. Chiefs have a good running game with Jamaal Charles & Knile Davis. These are two guys that you have to contain. The Broncos have a good front 7 where they can go tit-for-tat with the Chiefs' running game. Also, Alex Smith likes to use the opinion, so he's not afraid to use his legs, either. The main goal in this game is to use our front 7 to utilize their running backs, and don't let either back get any sort of advantage. If our rush defense can utilize their running backs, it'll force the Chiefs to have to become a one-dimensional offense where they'll have to depend on Alex Smith to pass the ball a lot. If the Chiefs wind-up becoming one-dimensional where they have to depend on the pass, the Broncos will have them beat in that category. However, if the Chiefs' running game were to outlast our rush defense, this will have the makings of a shootout to happen.

Pass Defense:

I'm not expecting the Chiefs to pass the ball a lot since their bread-and-butter is running the ball, but I know the pass defense will win this battle. If our pass rush of Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, Sly-Will, & Malik Jackson get rattle & get to Alex Smith and force him to get uncomfortable, he'll be liable to throw a pick or two. If the Chiefs were to get any sort of passing touchdown, either Knile Davis or Jamaal Charles will be on the receiving end of those passes, because their wide receivers seem to can't score touchdowns, and I doubt that drought will end on Thursday. And if Alex Smith has aspirations to throw a touchdown pass on Chris Harris, he can go ahead and cancel those plans because that s**t isn't happening at all. Speaking of Chris Harris, I'd put Chris Harris on Dwayne Bowe, then put Aqib Talib on Jeremy Maclin. I see those DBs winning the battle against those wide receivers.

Run Offense:

Now, flipping it over to the other side of the ball. Our offensive line will be going against another good front 7 in the Kansas City Chiefs with Justin Houston & co. Our offensive line wasn't up to par on Sunday, and that needs to improve. One thing I'd like to see from the offensive line is to open up the flood gates and create lanes for our running backs. The Broncos have a good running back tandem with C.J. Anderson & Ronnie Hillman. If our offensive line opens up, our running game can get over 100 yards on the ground in less than 20 carries, regardless of who's in the back field. One thing I'd like to see from my offense is a balance of play-calling between running & passing. That way, it won't be too much pressure on our running backs, and it won't be too much pressure on Peyton Manning.

Pass Offense:

Speaking of our offensive line & Peyton Manning, I definitely would like to see our offensive line step up because I don't wanna see Peyton on his a** a lot this season, nor having him slide down to take a sack. And Peyton isn't innocent from what happened on Sunday, either. There was some bad decisions he made, and there was one throw in double coverage that cause a pick six to happen. So there has to be some better decision making. I'm not asking Peyton & co. to eclipse for 400 yards, but I need them to do just enough so the defense doesn't have to carry them. I'm extremely confident that they'll get it going. No worries here! If our offensive line holds up, it'll open up Peyton Manning to take his time & make smart decisions where he can help extend long drives. For our wide receivers, I understand they won't catch every pass their way, but the easy catches need to be caught. No excuses! And for God's sake, let's get some offensive touchdowns, whether it's on the ground or in the air.

Coaching/Coordinating:

Most of the offense's miscues can be due to the chemistry of the HC & OC and the offense not being up to par. The Broncos changed personnel over the offseason, hiring Gary Kubiak as the new head coach & Rick Dennison as the offensive coordinator. So there's a little lack of chemistry lingering there, but it'll build up as the weeks go by, and once that happens, this offense will be off and running like it has over the last three seasons! Wade Phillips (the new defensive coordinator) did a splendid job with the defense, and I expect it to be duplicated again on Thursday.

Final Verdict:

I expect my offense to step up their game and come out playing better. A Peyton Manning-led offense don't struggle in first 2 weeks of the season, so I expect an improvement. Offensive line comes with it, our running game can open & our passing game can roll. Can't let that Chiefs' front 7 have a field day, because they can have that tendency of having a field day if you can't match them, so eliminate all possibilities of that early and often. Defense needs to shut down the Chiefs' run game. Make 'em one-dimensional. If they do that, the Chiefs are sunk. Last but not least, Brandon McManus got to keep his hot streak going. Don't get nervous. And that's that.

Score Prediction:

I see the Broncos offense stepping up and having a good game overall. Not great, but good enough. The Chiefs will get their points and score a touchdown or not, but if Charles & Davis get going, this could have the makings of a shootout. Assuming that the run defense limits Charles & Davis' day, I say the Broncos will win 34-17.

And that's my take! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

Elway
09-16-2015, 08:32 PM
First!

I've always wanted to do that. :D

Gooo Broncos!!!!

Way to go Peanut!!!! I was looking to see if you were around. :thumb:

MarkB
09-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDN1959
09-16-2015, 09:17 PM
Was distracted some by the party (NFL Ticket - multiple TVs) but kept my focus on a challenging battle that showed the Broncos playing good, hard, poised football.

Congratulations are due as the team hung in there together and did not blow a hard fought battle with untimely mistakes, especially penalties. They could have run a bit more, but we all want Peyton to stay attuned to the beat of the game and not get bored maybe. Certainly he would like to open it up a bit more. Hopefully we can this week. However, ball control is paramount for SB pursuits, not run and gun theatrics. Besides, those long passes that barely missed will go our way more often than not, and the defense will win a championship. Isn't that way it should go - stifle their offense and win the field position?

KC has weapons but we can stop them. Then our offense will control the ball and the Broncos can show the league who's boss. Let's maintain the intestinal fortitude shown in Week 1 and hand it to the Chiefs for a substantial victory within the division.

Chillez
09-16-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm little nervous for this game playing in Kansas City is always tough place to play well and win but I have faith. This should be great game and good battle between two good AFCW teams looking forward to it.

Go Broncos! Here to 2-0. 😎

DEN4EVER
09-16-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm little nervous for this game playing in Kansas City is always tough place to play well and win but I have faith. This should be great game and good battle between two good AFCW teams looking forward to it.

Go Broncos! Here to 2-0. ��

Im a lil nervous aswell. The Cheifs front 7 is damn good, and add the fact that its their Home opener against the " Lead Dog " in Denver, on a short week, and they should be pretty amped up. The recent woes from the O-Line and Manning doesnt give any confidence in this game at all. Hopfully we can beat em at their own game. Deffence, and running the ball. If i reamber correctly, didnt Smith throw on us pretty well last season ? All but the last drive of the game ? Should be a good test for both sides of the ball. Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Go Denver !

Peanut
09-16-2015, 11:13 PM
Way to go Peanut!!!! I was looking to see if you were around. :thumb:

:eek:

You see invisible people.

That's okay. I see invisible posts. :smug:

Jaws
09-16-2015, 11:36 PM
Hey Elway, get Peanut to pay you overtime this week seeing as you've done double the work ;)

Love these threads :D

Hoping to catch a portion of this game live and will be catching up with the rest of it during the daytime tomorrow :beer:

GO BRONCOS!!!

Frenchy180
09-16-2015, 11:45 PM
Something I haven't seen a big deal made out of anywhere except on local sports radio... If we win tomorrow night, we will have won a record 13 consecutive division road games... Not a team record, but an all time NFL record.

Peanut
09-17-2015, 12:46 AM
Something I haven't seen a big deal made out of anywhere except on local sports radio... If we win tomorrow night, we will have won a record 13 consecutive division road games... Not a team record, but an all time NFL record.

If? When. :D

I saw one article about that. A lot about what's-his-'face's-mom.

Hey, it's late. Names don't exist at this hour.

andrewmlb
09-17-2015, 03:32 AM
Go Broncos!

Broncoyearound
09-17-2015, 04:18 AM
We have to win I don't like how cocky chiefs fans been this week I'd love to serve them some crow so come on broncos go in their house and show em who the division belongs to!

CoryWinget81
09-17-2015, 04:53 AM
TDs instead of FGs, and this ones over quick.

If they let KC hang around at home, might bite them in the rear.

23-16 Denver. :logo:

Rancid
09-17-2015, 04:59 AM
The defense gets Ward back. I would think KC would try to run with Wolfe out and Anunike and Marshall hurt. I am not seeing how KC effectively scores a lot of points. If the offense can find a groove the Broncos could put this one away before the half.

IHaveBRONC-itus
09-17-2015, 05:05 AM
Im ready for this game and ready for the team to get some rest after playing two games in 5 days. I cant even get work done today. We need health and rest. If our offense can get on the same page and defense flies around like Sunday i think we got a great shot to keep KC on their heels and they get frustrated with our pass rush. Denver 24 KC 14.

Broncbeat
09-17-2015, 05:45 AM
It's game day, beat the Chiefs!

the0rangecrush
09-17-2015, 06:50 AM
We get Ward and Malik back, let's see if we get a repeat performance from the D. I'm keen to see how we matchup with Kelce. If we can't stop Kelce, then Gronk will destroy us. As for the offense, let's see some improvement. Perhaps, a TD or two.

Remedy
09-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Alright alright alright alright,

you know what I like about the Chiefs..
we keep getting better and they stayyyy the same.

really though tonight should be awesome. can't waittttt to be 2-0

majicman067
09-17-2015, 07:20 AM
Little concerned about their front vs. our line. We got this though 23-13

Remedy
09-17-2015, 07:27 AM
Little concerned about their front vs. our line. We got this though 23-13

Manning is gonna come out a man a fire! and torch them! 40 burger.

86Elwayfan
09-17-2015, 08:16 AM
This is pretty much me all day today....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a5/16/72/a51672e497f6ab46cd049a84a2f0cd3f.jpg

Oh and this....

http://raddezigns.com/decal_pics/11783_Black.jpg

Peerless
09-17-2015, 08:38 AM
Go Broncos!!

dandaman23
09-17-2015, 08:38 AM
Today is going to be the longest day ever. I am stuck at work until 4:15 AK time (4 hours behind EST) the game starts at 4:25, and then I have an hour and fifteen minute commute home. I'll have my DVR running but wont be able to post or even look at the boards during the game. :(

notwithit
09-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Thanks Elway!

Go Broncos!!! First game I get to see. Family camping trip last weekend.

Atwnbroncfan
09-17-2015, 09:22 AM
So much disrespect from everyone about the Broncos. They glorify the Chiefs because they held on to a win against the Texans for gosh sakes. All we have to do is run th ball like last November at KC and we win.

Atwnbroncfan
09-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Do people realize even in Mannings "regression" last year he still easily destroyed this division?

heelfaninco
09-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Love game days!!! Go Broncos!!!

multimoussa
09-17-2015, 09:42 AM
We are the better team, tons of talent on both sides, we should win by at least 10pts.

Freyaka
09-17-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm massively bummed that I won't get to watch this until tomorrow...

SmokeBassett II
09-17-2015, 09:52 AM
It will be interesting to see the Broncs take on a team that isn't offense-challenged, like Baltimore. As it was, Baltimore came within one dropped pass of winning.

I think the big question is the Chief's defense against the Broncos' offense. It's a 3-4, like Baltimore's, good at rushing the passer, with a big front-7 matched up against our rather new line. The weak link on the Chief's defense is its cornerback play, so the Broncos should attack there.

I expect it to be a close, defensive battle, with Manning's passing giving the Broncos a slight edge.

#87Birdman
09-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Today is going to be the longest day ever. I am stuck at work until 4:15 AK time (4 hours behind EST) the game starts at 4:25, and then I have an hour and fifteen minute commute home. I'll have my DVR running but wont be able to post or even look at the boards during the game. :(

Think how I feel. I'm stuck at work til 1030 central time than go home and shower and hopefully it is updated on the game pass so I can watch it.

But I'm on my phone a lot at my job and to have to avoid the last few hours of my shift is going to suck. Plus have to try to get into the game pass without seeing the score on the nfl app. Going to be fun and most likely I will make it through the night without checking and someone who comes in on third shift will spoil it or I will get home and some how catch the score.

broncoslover115
09-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Think how I feel. I'm stuck at work til 1030 central time than go home and shower and hopefully it is updated on the game pass so I can watch it.

But I'm on my phone a lot at my job and to have to avoid the last few hours of my shift is going to suck. Plus have to try to get into the game pass without seeing the score on the nfl app. Going to be fun and most likely I will make it through the night without checking and someone who comes in on third shift will spoil it or I will get home and some how catch the score.

Not reading the boards during the game may be a blessing in disguise. :D

VenomousDB
09-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Dang I feel sorry for everyone who can't watch the game. Pretty much what it boils down to is that you aren't true fans. If it was me I'd come down with a bad case of Ebola right before the game. They'd surely send me home. :D

BroncoSynapses
09-17-2015, 10:10 AM

Lol indeed, there will be some negative posts. Tonight may be a good night to stay away from the boards. If i do, they won't be so negative. :)

BroncoSynapses
09-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Dang I feel sorry for everyone who can't watch the game. Pretty much what it boils down to is that you aren't true fans. If it was me I'd come down with a bad case of Ebola right before the game. They'd surely send me home. :D

Or put you in quarantine, in a room with a broken TV! Arrrggg

Lol

svpearson
09-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Wife bought me concert tickets for a show tonight not realizing the Broncos were playing. Its a group I like so don't want to miss it. Were going to hit a restaurant until about half time and will be too late when I get home so will watch till half then watch the rest tomorrow. Will be so hard not to watch the second half when I get home but have to work early.

Hope the offense finds a groove!

#87Birdman
09-17-2015, 10:13 AM

True but usually surfing this board is how I pass time. Going to probably break my nook out so I can read lol.

multimoussa
09-17-2015, 10:49 AM
This sums it all up.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t34.0-12/12016732_10100984865593769_1727039622_n.jpg?oh=193 9bad06b8b611a26c392840a3027f1&oe=55FDB831

Chillez
09-17-2015, 10:58 AM
This sums it all up.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t34.0-12/12016732_10100984865593769_1727039622_n.jpg?oh=193 9bad06b8b611a26c392840a3027f1&oe=55FDB831

Yes, Manning the superior QB in every way over Smith? Did some not know this...

80stheman
09-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!

broncoslover115
09-17-2015, 11:23 AM
This sums it all up.

This sums it up - Manning 13-1 over KC lifetime! :beer:

2 Minute Warning
09-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Go DENVER BRONCOS GO!!!!!!!!:logo:

Freyaka
09-17-2015, 12:00 PM
We have to win I don't like how cocky chiefs fans been this week I'd love to serve them some crow so come on broncos go in their house and show em who the division belongs to!

Live in Kansas, can confirm...they've been unbearable...

Freyaka
09-17-2015, 12:02 PM

If I want to watch it tonight I basically am going to have to start watching at midnight and then get up at 6:30 AM for work....So it could be a long 24 hours for me...

JSwint22
09-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Always love a divisional prime time matchup!! Go Broncos!!!

If anyone is reading can you please check out my post in the graphics forum? I need some quick help with my profile. Thanks Broncos country.

broncoslover115
09-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Just heard on NFL Live that on Monday the entire Oline, Manning and Kubes met and watched film and talked about the play calls. Kubes admitted that he allowed the calls to get way out of balance towards the pass.

They also went through the plays to see what the line did and what went wrong.

They then came up with a different gameplan for tonight which will see way more balance. This is the first time this happened - where the entire line, Manning and the coach met and where they reviewed film together and helped designed a gameplan together. Makes me excited.

VenomousDB
09-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Just heard on NFL Live that on Monday the entire Oline, Manning and Kubes met and watched film and talked about the play calls. Kubes admitted that he allowed the calls to get way out of balance towards the pass.

They also went through the plays to see what the line did and what went wrong.

They then came up with a different gameplan for tonight which will see way more balance. This is the first time this happened - where the entire line, Manning and the coach met and where they reviewed film together and helped designed a gameplan together. Makes me excited.

It surprises me that that was the first time they all got together and did that. Wouldn't it make sense for all the other offensive players to be in the room as well?
Anyways, it's nice to see that this regime recognizes their mistakes and will do whatever it takes to correct them.

canadiansbronco
09-17-2015, 01:48 PM
Stuck at work again, at least the game will probably be on the tv's in the bar so ill get to watch a bit...

Still baffles me how many people pick the cheifs to win the diviosn and beat us year after when they haven't won vs since 2011 haha

canadiansbronco
09-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Live in Kansas, can confirm...they've been unbearable...

Haven't they been like that for 3 years tho ? Seems like every year is THE year the takeover...still waiting on that lol

dandaman23
09-17-2015, 01:59 PM
I don't understand how KC is getting so much praise for beating a bad Texans team, yet we beat a team that easily could have played in the SB last year and it apparently counts for nothing.

Oh well it'll be that much sweeter when we win tonight.

Also I am getting off early today at around 3:30 so I should be getting home just a little after kickoff!

OrangestJuice
09-17-2015, 02:22 PM
Let's go Broncos!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPoHeaCXSp0

100%Broncoholic
09-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Oh I love a Thursday night game, only to realize I have longer than a week until the next Broncos game.

LSIGRAD09
09-17-2015, 03:06 PM
Worried about this one.

Freyaka
09-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Haven't they been like that for 3 years tho ? Seems like every year is THE year the takeover...still waiting on that lol

No....Up until last week you'd have thought there weren't chiefs fans on the planet anymore...This week it's like "LOOK AT HOW AWESOME WE ARE!!! Your QB is old and sucks!!

Elway
09-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Hey Elway, get Peanut to pay you overtime this week seeing as you've done double the work ;)

Love these threads :D

Hoping to catch a portion of this game live and will be catching up with the rest of it during the daytime tomorrow :beer:

GO BRONCOS!!!

My favorite Shark!!!! I'll have them pay me double my going rate, triple if we win! Hope you do manage to catch some and they don't disappoint! :goz:

bronco30
09-17-2015, 03:16 PM
we must run the ball better n protect/pick up the blitzes n no turnovers...hitting on a few deep balls would help to...Tyson will have big assignment tryin block Houston not to mention the crowd noise to...

contain Charles n kelce n hopefully for most part can stay in pass rush lanes so alex smith cant hurt us running...

I see wind might be factor said up 30mph.....lets go broncosssssss

majicman067
09-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Oh I love a Thursday night game, only to realize I have longer than a week until the next Broncos game.

^^^ This gonna seem like an eternity. For now though its just about here....drinking MT Dew CR eating Snickers unwrapped bites. and gonna shoot a Monster M3 right b4 the game. Gonna be hyped up like a crackhead.
GO BRONCOS!!!!

FL BRONCO
09-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Wife bought me concert tickets for a show tonight not realizing the Broncos were playing. Its a group I like so don't want to miss it. Were going to hit a restaurant until about half time and will be too late when I get home so will watch till half then watch the rest tomorrow. Will be so hard not to watch the second half when I get home but have to work early.

Hope the offense finds a groove!

:nono: A good Bronco fan wife would have looked first and You should make her go and tape the show for you while you watch the game. That will teach her to worship the Broncos correctly:salute:

FL BRONCO
09-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Pleas no Injuries....

THEIR HOUSE, OUR SHOW!!!!!

Chrissy
09-17-2015, 03:48 PM
I CAN NOT TAKE ANOTHER WEEK OF PEYTON BASHING SO I SACARFICED A CHICKEN..hahaha WE GOT THIS..GO BRONCOS..GIT R DONE..:logo::goz:

VenomousDB
09-17-2015, 03:48 PM
:nono: A good Bronco fan wife would have looked first and You should make her go and tape the show for you while you watch the game. That will teach her to worship the Broncos correctly:salute:

In 1998 my mom bought tickets to the nutcracker, on the same day and same exact start time as the Broncos playoff game against the Jags. I have never forgiven her.

FL BRONCO
09-17-2015, 03:51 PM

I Just watch the Raiders/Chargers game on Sunday and root for whoever is playing them, not quite the same but not bad:salute:

JayJack
09-17-2015, 03:52 PM
2nd week in a row I will not be able to watch our Broncos, but still looking forward to a W!! GO BRONCOS!!!!!

rst08tierney
09-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Anyone in kc watching warm ups? How's anderson moving

FL BRONCO
09-17-2015, 03:56 PM
There will less negativity then usual today cause I predict we will come out with a solid game plan mostly under center and move the ball while controlling the clock and helping out the line and using Pap along the way. We will eat the clock while our D stays rested and absolutely chokes the krap out of the Chiefs. While it won't be a total blow out, we will be in charge the whole way and by the end of the game everyone will see its starting to come together a little. We will all get together and do our happy dance and we will have a cold one and toast in celebration---------You heard it here first.

VenomousDB
09-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Anyone in kc watching warm ups? How's anderson moving

There's not many fans inside the stadium yet. I'm watching BTV live and there's like 10 fans I can see haha.

bronco30
09-17-2015, 03:58 PM
hopefully peyton n this offense can shut these 'experts' up tonight n get a WIN...

Chillez
09-17-2015, 04:00 PM
There will less negativity then usual today cause I predict we will come out with a solid game plan mostly under center and move the ball while controlling the clock and helping out the line and using Pap along the way. We will eat the clock while our D stays rested and absolutely chokes the krap out of the Chiefs. While it won't be a total blow out, we will be in charge the whole way and by the end of the game everyone will see its starting to come together a little. We will all get together and do our happy dance and we will have a cold one and toast in celebration---------You heard it here first.

I hope this happens and your 100% right. We shall see after the game. 🏈

FL BRONCO
09-17-2015, 04:00 PM
hopefully peyton n this offense can shut these 'experts' up tonight n get a WIN...

I hope he comes throught with 3 tds, no interceptions moves the offense o long drives and shuts all of us up for the week.
Here is to that :beer:

BlindFandom88
09-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Go Broncos!!!! So pumped!!!

Geez, with all the Manning bashing by the media, you'd think they WANT him to fail. NFL Network is unbearable right now.

heelfaninco
09-17-2015, 04:07 PM
We make this a statement game on their turf, in front of everyone!!! Tomorrow it will be all about how dominate our defense is and our ball control offense!! You Hear Me!!!!

CoryWinget81
09-17-2015, 04:08 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12004824_10153016539351881_2581649492649352945_n.j pg?oh=52f1ff69f0c9100f547bc2a0f3488573&oe=566475B6

And so it begins!

broncoslover115
09-17-2015, 04:10 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12004824_10153016539351881_2581649492649352945_n.j pg?oh=52f1ff69f0c9100f547bc2a0f3488573&oe=566475B6

And so it begins!

Bacon wrapped in what? Looks fab

BlindFandom88
09-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Not one analyst has said ANYTHING about our defense against the Chiefs. Strange stuff.

rst08tierney
09-17-2015, 04:12 PM

And so it begins!

Well... I've been on a diet for 40 weeks tomorrow.....

I think it's time to wander over to the dark side again

CoryWinget81
09-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Bacon wrapped in what? Looks fab

bacon wrapped jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese

and thanks!

broncoslover115
09-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Go Broncos!!!! So pumped!!!

Geez, with all the Manning bashing by the media, you'd think they WANT him to fail. NFL Network is unbearable right now.

NFLN is ALWAYS unbearable. I mean Heath Evans predicted the Vikings and Bills go to the SB. Now how can you take that seriously?

BlindFandom88
09-17-2015, 04:15 PM
NFLN is ALWAYS unbearable. I mean Heath Evans predicted the Vikings and Bills go to the SB. Now how can you take that seriously?

So true! Haha!

broncoslover115
Not one analyst has said ANYTHING about our defense against the Chiefs. Strange stuff.

Listen to 85KOA radio instead. It will help preserve your sanity

CoryWinget81

Heath Evans is just awful. Not only a terrible analyst but a pretty awful human being.

I'll mute the TV before I listen to him. He's like Merril Hoge but when he talks someones simultaneously spitting on you and poking you in the eye.

Broncoyearound
09-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Anyone worried about the wind?

CoryWinget81
09-17-2015, 04:28 PM

Wouldn't be Arrowhead without swirling wind

heelfaninco
09-17-2015, 04:29 PM

May help us stay on task of running the ball and play stifling defense!!

Chillez
09-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Heath Evans is just awful. Not only a terrible analyst but a pretty awful human being.

I'll mute the TV before I listen to him. He's like Merril Hoge but when he talks someones simultaneously spitting on you and poking you in the eye.

I can't stand Evans he thinks he so damn smart and believes he knows everything about football he's a bum lol he was FB. (bleep) him.

Broncoyearound
09-17-2015, 04:34 PM
May help us stay on task of running the ball and play stifling defense!!

Big key is to score early and take the crowd out of it.

JSwint22
09-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Just started Peyton on my fantasy team. He owns this division. ONE HOUR TO GO!!! I'm hyped!

FL BRONCO
09-17-2015, 04:40 PM

Yeah his name is McManus

Broncoyearound
09-17-2015, 04:40 PM
What's the magic number for the Broncos to reach? I say we get 20 points and we are good. I gave KC 13. However my other big key besides scoring early is no turnovers. D should hold KC most of the game.

Elway
09-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Some pregame with TD :)

Chillez
09-17-2015, 04:43 PM
Just started Peyton on my fantasy team. He owns this division. ONE HOUR TO GO!!! I'm hyped!

I released Manning on my fantasy team. I know crazy, right? It might been premature to get rid of him so soon into season but I had better QB's available sorry Peyton...

Colem9r
09-17-2015, 04:45 PM
I released Manning on my fantasy team. I know crazy, right? It might been premature to get rid of him so soon into season but I had better QB's available sorry Peyton...

I think it was a smart move Chillez if there were others avail. I have Brady as my starter and I cant stand the Patriots buts it all about the stats

VenomousDB
09-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Marshall Faulk: "I'm not worried for Peyton, I'm worried for head coach Kubiak and president John Elway"

Huuuuuh? :confused:

Chillez
I think it was a smart move Chillez if there were others avail. I have Brady as my starter and I cant stand the Patriots buts it all about the stats

I took Romo over Brady even though Brady still available in my league.

broncoslover115

I actually filed a complaint to NFLN about him last year. I can't remember who we were playing but his deep hatred of Manning and the Broncos were on true display. Instead of "analyzing" the game, he said..."all I want is for X (can't remember the player's name) to constantly put Manning in the dirt and hurt him."

That was it for me. That was beyond the line and had nothing to do with so called sportscasting. It was all about his bias and was completely uncalled for. As you would suspect, I never heard back from the network.

LASERLIPS
Let's hope we can end the no TD drought tonight. :goz:

Colem9r
09-17-2015, 04:48 PM
I took Romo over Brady even though Brady still available in my league.

Romo was already gone in mine or would have done same.

VADER72
Let's kick their buts boys. I have a feeling Manning and Kubs are going to open the offense tonight. Defense, just do what you do.

#87Birdman
Let's go broncos and it's about time I log off this site to tomorrow lol.

O and let's beall the record for most consecutive road division wins

Chillez
09-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Marshall Faulk: "I'm not worried for Peyton, I'm worried for head coach Kubiak and president John Elway"

Huuuuuh? :confused:

Yeah that made zero sense. Elway proven himself to be excellent GM one of best in league, he is last person in this organization to have worry about his job.

one_bad_55
09-17-2015, 04:53 PM
Go Broncos!!!!!!

Beat the Chefs

:goz:

JSwint22
09-17-2015, 04:55 PM

Yeah I guess you can say it's a little premature, but hey if you have someone better more power to ya!

FL BRONCO
09-17-2015, 04:56 PM
Yeah that made zero sense. Elway proven himself to be excellent GM one of best in league, he is last person in this organization to have worry about his job.

I wasn't watching but after reading comment, it might have been about the position it puts both of them in if PFM Manning continues to not play well. Thats a hard place to be and hard decisions to make and no matter what you do you will get tons of flack. I'm gonna go with it turns the corner tonight and they wont be in that position

Papa-pwn
09-17-2015, 04:58 PM

I traded him last Saturday for leveon bell and nick foles :D

Very please with that, my buddy is rather upset though

CoryWinget81
09-17-2015, 05:00 PM
I actually filed a complaint to NFLN about him last year. I can't remember who we were playing but his deep hatred of Manning and the Broncos were on true display. Instead of "analyzing" the game, he said..."all I want is for X (can't remember the player's name) to constantly put Manning in the dirt and hurt him."

That was it for me. That was beyond the line and had nothing to do with so called sportscasting. It was all about his bias and was completely uncalled for. As you would suspect, I never heard back from the network.

I remember that, it was against the chargers.

broncoslover115
09-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Interview with Kubiak - What's your gameplan - pick up where we left off in the 4th quarter. Get turnovers, and make a few big plays. Sounds good to me.

VenomousDB
09-17-2015, 05:02 PM
I wasn't watching but after reading comment, it might have been about the position it puts both of them in if PFM Manning continues to not play well. Thats a hard place to be and hard decisions to make and no matter what you do you will get tons of flack. I'm gonna go with it turns the corner tonight and they wont be in that position
That's a pretty fair assessment, BUT he was talking about not worrying about Peyton's play and that he would be fine.

broncoslover115
09-17-2015, 05:03 PM
I remember that, it was against the chargers.

Oh yeah, that's right. Argh

roushmartin6
09-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Here comes another tough game. Nothing like building character early. Hopefully the offense performs better this game

JSwint22
09-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Interview with Kubiak - What's your gameplan - pick up where we left off in the 4th quarter. Get turnovers, and make a few big plays. Sounds good to me.

Oh yeah that sounds great to me. Let's gooooo!!!!!

VenomousDB
09-17-2015, 05:05 PM
They sure are hyping the Chiefs

-Rod-
09-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Heath Evans as a player:

In the 2005/2006 playoffs, eliminated by the Broncos, 27-13.

In the 2006/2007 playoffs, eliminated by the Colts, 38-34.

Connecting the dots?

Chillez
09-17-2015, 05:06 PM
I traded him last Saturday for leveon bell and nick foles :D

Very please with that, my buddy is rather upset though

Smart move my friend. 😅

VADER72
09-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Let's keep in mind they played the Texans last week. Not a very good team.

NebraskanBronco
09-17-2015, 05:09 PM
I miss Clady :(

CoryWinget81
09-17-2015, 05:10 PM
They sure are hyping KC, but I can't blame them. They ARE in KC.

JSwint22

Me too man.. Hopefully Sambraillo doesn't get ate alive tonight.

Chillez

Me too his days as Bronco will soon be over. 😥

Frenchy180
I'd forgotten what it was like to be a fan of a team that wasn't given a shot to win a game... lol

one_bad_55
09-17-2015, 05:11 PM
I hope we run a heck of a lot more than last week. This will help the passing game.

NebraskanBronco
09-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Me too man.. Hopefully Sambraillo doesn't get ate alive tonight.

Knock on wood.

JordanElyea
09-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Let's go Broncos! Woooo!

Houshmazode
09-17-2015, 05:14 PM
SportsCenter @SportsCenter

Travis Kelce shows when you have 2 TD & 106 Rec yds, you can rock whatever you want next game, like flannel & jorts. pic.twitter.com/DW1YczDlMt 17m
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPJL1VkWgAAgctE.png

Will he be wearing a body cast next week? :eek:

one_bad_55
Apparently the experts believe Denver will lose tonight. Let's shut them up. :goz:

Chillez
Deion picking the Broncos that might be kiss of death he never picks us.

assassin216
09-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Deion picking the Broncos that might be kiss of death he never picks us.

I was about to say something similar....hahahaha

one_bad_55
09-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Not Phil Simms again..............geash...........:sad:

JSwint22
Knock on wood.

Already did brother!

majicman067
americas vote
69% chiefs win
31% broncos win
sounds like we are the underdog by a good bit
I hope we stick it to them

OrangestJuice
Goodness! You'd think the Chiefs just won back to back Super Bowls with how they're being hyped up. Come on Broncos!!! We gotta shut them up!!!

RunYouOver
09-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Definitely the consensus underdogs in this one. Let's set the record with 13 straight road division wins! :D

JSwint22
09-17-2015, 05:17 PM
americas vote
69% percent win
31% broncos win
sounds like we are the underdog by a good bit
I hope we stick it to them

I think every team that enters KC is considered the underdog. Hopefully we can get consistent pressure on Smith tonight.

JSwint22
09-17-2015, 05:18 PM
I hope TJ Ward lays some wood tonight!!! He's got the freshest pair of legs out there.

brianmcfarlane
09-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Peyton hasn't lost to KC since 2004!

one_bad_55
09-17-2015, 05:19 PM
I think every team that enters KC is considered the underdog. Hopefully we can get consistent pressure on Smith tonight.

We better have spies on Smith and Charles coming out of the back field.

roushmartin6
09-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Lets do this. I will happily eat crow about worrying about Manning if he lights up KC

broncoslover115
Not Phil Simms again..............geash...........:sad:

Now he said KC can be a SB contender and there's a sense there will be a changing of the guard in our division. Let's shut him up Broncos!!!

NebraskanBronco
Chiefs beat the Texans, we play the Ravens close and everyone looses their minds.

Broncoyearound
This is it! Time to get it on! Pumped up let's defend the division and it starts tonight!

cmc0605
09-17-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm happy for Eric Berry, but wish he didn't have to debut against us. Going to be intense out there.

Go Broncos

broncoslover115
09-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Chiefs beat the Texans, we play the Ravens close and everyone looses their minds.

Well that's cause Phil Simms says there's no glaring weaknesses on the KC's team.

JSwint22
09-17-2015, 05:24 PM
I hope we come out on defense first. We need to set the tone.

Peerless
09-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Let's see how well we can adjust from last game.... Tonight will be a great test.

Bronco51
09-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Well that's cause Phil Simms says there's no glaring weaknesses on the KC's team.

Yeah, I guess having no WR TD's in over a year isn't considered a weakness. The passing game is overrated anyway.

Chillez
Peyton hasn't lost to KC since 2004!

Dang that's crazy Manning owns the Chiefs soul.

KansasKrista
So I live in Kansas and this game has been hyped to no end here.
Everyone thinks Denver is going down tonight and it's all anyone is talking about for the past few days.

KC fans definitely feel this is their coming out party and Denver is ripe for the picking...

I guess we will see. If the Offense plays like it did Sunday.. KC fans will have reason to cheer.

SammyWinder
09-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Nervous.... Very Nervous for this one... Come on Offense.

RunYouOver
Wish we were kicking to start again. Oh well, let's start off right.

majicman067
game time!!!!

DBash
Lets go boys!!!!!!

CoryWinget81
09-17-2015, 05:27 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1405.gif

RunYouOver
Forest Whitaker giving one hell of a pregame speech to the fans :laugh:

LegionOfVonDoom
Wish we were kicking to start again. Oh well, let's start off right.

I wanted the Offense out first. A long TD drive and then everyone will go, oh oh.

HDbroncos02
09-17-2015, 05:28 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!!

DIVISION WEEK LET'S GOOO!!!

IT'S GONNA BE A TOUGH, GRIMEY DEFENSIVE GAME.

The fans at Arrowhead will be loud but our defense is going to make LOUDER noise with their terror.

Manning will bounce back, and CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman will take care of the rest. Our offensive line should be motivated. Let's do this.

Broncoyearound
Nervous.... Very Nervous for this one... Come on Offense.

No need to be nervous we are the best in the divison we prove that tonight.

roushmartin6
Chiefs defer, lets go right down the field

LASERLIPS
those chiefs fans look so adorable

coltsman451
09-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Time for Peyton to silence the haters

Elway
Let's go Broncos!

RunYouOver
Good start there from CJ!

majicman067
wow nice 1st run

one_bad_55
Yes, Nice run by Anderson

tlovehater
09-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Who's starting tonight guys, Manning or Osweiler?

Frenchy180

Manning....

roushmartin6
Come on offense, lets go

roushmartin6
09-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I hate throwing short of the sticks

majicman067
dang :sad:

LSIGRAD09
What were we hoping to achieve there?

Chillez

Manning of course.

VADER72
We have to get Peyton in the shotgun more

Elway
09-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Not much that drive, time for the D to enforce its will.

one_bad_55
Lets go defense!!!!!!!!!!! Time to crush Smith

CoryWinget81
Quite disturbing, two holding calls back to back. One on the D, one on the return team, with no flags.

Hope that isnt a trend.

majicman067
What were we hoping to achieve there?

sanders to pick up yac to get 1st down....but nooo

jbones733
Get used to the punting

Frenchy180
09-17-2015, 05:33 PM
I like that CJ came out strong on that drive, and we were able to complete the first pass... Just hope we can get momentum going even further our way next drive.

JordanElyea
We have to get Peyton in the shotgun more that's exactly what we have to not do.

broncoslover115
Turnover right now!

Jeremyxc
Well atleast we got our first 1st down and first completion. Just getting those after having a poor game last week should be a small confidence boost.

Papa-pwn
that's exactly what we have to not do.

No way. That's the recipe to picks and suckage.

He needs to throw that ball to sanders quicker. Would have been a first down

kbeck81
Tim Tebow offense I see that Kubiak is running. Run, run, pass, punt

LSIGRAD09
09-17-2015, 05:34 PM
sanders to pick up yac to get 1st down....but nooo

I hate throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down, doesn't matter what team. Grrr.

nickmeyer
Nice tackle by Von.

roushmartin6
Too many broken tackles

one_bad_55
09-17-2015, 05:35 PM
I hope Ware is not hurt. He went out after first play

one_bad_55
09-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Good Ware is back

roushmartin6
Come on defense. I'm guessing the flag will be on us

majicman067
killed alex smiths legs

SammyWinder
Ugh...Man this might be a long night

nickmeyer
Hate that rule really do.

CoryWinget81
Nice to see Smith getting elite QB calls

Elway
09-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Not a good first defensive stand so far. :eek:

KansasKrista
Well it's not a good start. That's for sure

#24 Next Champ
Absolutely hate that rule...such crap....sometimes that's all you got, what u supposed to do

RunYouOver
C'mon D...stop making KC look good.

Frenchy180
I hope Ware is not hurt. He went out after first play

he's back...

Atwnbroncfan
Smith got hit in the thigh

RocketArm006
Terrible call.

roushmartin6
Get it together defense. Offense better wake up too.

kbeck81
Manning get hit like that all the time and the D never get called for it

one_bad_55
How come Manning never gets that call?

LASERLIPS
give Alex Smith some flags to put on....:coffee:

LSIGRAD09
09-17-2015, 05:38 PM
So what happens if the Defense can't save us?

kingelway7
The D looks nothing like last week so far.

KansasKrista
Calling it now we lose this game by at least a couple TD's.

Not too worried though we will beat them in Denver

majicman067
i am noticing ware all over the place

Blazindro
Well at least both units can suck together tonight if this is the case.

jbones733
A Smith carving us up

cmc0605
ugh gonna be one of those games...

VADER72
09-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Jesus, the refs are going to screw us tonight

Elway
another dumb play by the D

majicman067
2 unnecessary hits already

one_bad_55
Come on guys. Stop them now

JJBroncoFan
Wow this is going really really bad. They're just pushing us around.

roushmartin6
WTG defense, stupid stupid stupid. Why even bother showing up if this is how we are going ot play

Atwnbroncfan
Everything going wrong. Our D doesn't look good on this drive.

sheenabobeena
this is a terrible start. basically gave them a TD just like that.

majicman067
i am dying here

#24 Next Champ
Smh awful start...awful start...

Run D needed to know this is what KC was gonna do...

Offense is crap, need to just run Peyton's offense...period.

LASERLIPS
just gave them a TD

VADER72
09-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Jesus, the refs are going to screw us tonight that's 30 free yards

broncoslover115
This was not how I envisioned this going.

Broncoyearound
D getting flagged early

roushmartin6
Well we may find out tonight if Manning can still play cause we will have to score touchdowns

jbones733
Totally unprepared, Blaming Kubiak on this one, short week or not

CoryWinget81
Refs making it clear they're pinning everything they can on.

Meanwhile, KC has gotten away with 5 CLEAR holds now.

SammyWinder
Please make a stand here! Please

LSIGRAD09
09-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Hopefully we can salvage a FG out of this.

jbones733
Field Goal here would be huge considering how this is going

#24 Next Champ
COVER KELCE....he was wide open there

JJBroncoFan
Come on defense make them settle for a fg

LASERLIPS
Wooooooo!!!!!