PDA

View Full Version : Curious To Hear From Our Bears Buds....Does Not Look Good

CanDB
09-25-2015, 03:50 PM
I am not trying to create animosity on this one. But seriously, I believe The Bears are out of the playoffs after Sunday.....unless something major happens. It does not look good in Seattle. In fact, it may get ugly. Seattle is due, and Chicago is undone.

Not sure that losing Jay is the biggest issue. Heck, he was my backup QB in FF, but wouldn't you know, I need him in game 4 and I doubt he'll be ready. Sure, he's better than Clausen, but his first 2 games reflect the same old stuff.

But worse....The D is nowhere near what Bears fans have come to expect, up until the last couple of years.

Offensively......of course they miss Jeffery, but you can not put all your marbles in a 2nd year WR's basket. I think they miss Marshall a lot. Forte is still a top tier all round stud and Bennett can be a factor. But all in all, it seems to be the same type of mix, even with Jay in the line up.

As for Fox, well, you know what many Broncos fans think. He's a good man, but he has his shortcomings, as do all of us. He may be well past his prime as an HC.

So what do you folks think? Am I being far too negative about their season being in real jeopardy, after just 3 games? Either way, what needs to be fixed, and I am talking about sooner than later. The HC is just getting his feet wet, and The QB is still under a lucrative contract. What about the D?

Things to discuss/debate.

Garfield
09-25-2015, 04:25 PM
I am not trying to create animosity on this one. But seriously, I believe The Bears are out of the playoffs after Sunday.....unless something major happens. It does not look good in Seattle. In fact, it may get ugly. Seattle is due, and Chicago is undone.

Not sure that losing Jay is the biggest issue. Heck, he was my backup QB in FF, but wouldn't you know, I need him in game 4 and I doubt he'll be ready. Sure, he's better than Clausen, but his first 2 games reflect the same old stuff.

But worse....The D is nowhere near what Bears fans have come to expect, up until the last couple of years.

Offensively......of course they miss Jeffery, but you can not put all your marbles in a 2nd year WR's basket. I think they miss Marshall a lot. Forte is still a top tier all round stud and Bennett can be a factor. But all in all, it seems to be the same type of mix, even with Jay in the line up.

As for Fox, well, you know what many Broncos fans think. He's a good man, but he has his shortcomings, as do all of us. He may be well past his prime as an HC.

So what do you folks think? Am I being far too negative about their season being in real jeopardy, after just 3 games? Either way, what needs to be fixed, and I am talking about sooner than later. The HC is just getting his feet wet, and The QB is still under a lucrative contract. What about the D?

Things to discuss/debate.

I've been away from football that past couple of days with family issues is Cutler hurt?

samparnell
09-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Jay Cutler and Alshon Jeffrey are out for the Seattle game.

CanDB
09-25-2015, 04:44 PM
I've been away from football that past couple of days with family issues is Cutler hurt?

Hope all is well.

Further to Sam......Jay injured his hamstring and was initially expected to be out for at least two weeks. Not sure if that has been revised. There was even some concern for his shoulder, but that may not be an issue at all.

Houshmazode
09-25-2015, 04:50 PM
I think Fox gets fired either after this season or next.

Garfield
09-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Hope all is well.

Further to Sam......Jay injured his hamstring and was initially expected to be out for at least two weeks. Not sure if that has been revised. There was even some concern for his shoulder, but that may not be an issue at all.

An aunt in Germany was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, was just in the hospital for something else in May SUPPOSEDLY with no indication in her scan back then.

She has a grapefruit sized growth on her aorta. went home with hospice care yesterday now we have to make arraignments to get there before she goes.

She is Like my German Mom.

CanDB
09-25-2015, 05:47 PM
An aunt in Germany was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, was just in the hospital for something else in May SUPPOSEDLY with no indication in her scan back then.

She has a grapefruit sized growth on her aorta. went home with hospice care yesterday now we have to make arraignments to get there before she goes.

Sorry bud. Hope she is well taken care of, and without pain.

Garfield
09-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Sorry bud. Hope she is well taken care of, and without pain.

I suspect if hospice is like it is here she will feel no pain..

I just hope by the time we can get there she will know who we are.

-Rod-
09-25-2015, 06:27 PM
I think we've seen through the years that John Fox is a good buddy for the players, but not a great football coach. He won't lose respect in the locker room, but he won't outperform the top coaches in the league with X's and O's. He was a .507 coach with the Panthers, without back-to-back winning seasons in his career. Without Elway's roster and Peyton Manning's high-scoring offense, Fox will probably regress to his usual self.

Rancid
09-25-2015, 08:45 PM
I have family there and most look at Fox with indifference because the team has so many issues. It is not as if they have a playoff team held back by their coach. I think most look at Fox as a temporary plug-in until they can get through the Cutler era. George McCaskey is not regarded as the best Owner who runs the team for Virginia. Most do not like George and think he just fields an average team to sell tickets-- much like the Cubs. I lived there through the 90's and even back then it never seemed like the McCaskeys were committed to a winning team.

Spice 1
09-25-2015, 08:55 PM

Non football related, but that's terrible. I wish you and yours the best.

Football related, Idt Fox gets fired after one year, but hey, this is what happens when you pay a QB you're not sure about. On top of that, being in the same division with the best QB in the game. Setting yourself up for failure. Stafford Idt is that guy either. Even though he looked ABYSMAL against SF opening night, I still think Teddy B can do great things for the Vikings down the road. I'm glad the Broncos don't have to play Rodgers twice a year though.

CanDB
09-27-2015, 09:23 PM
I just feel like The Bears are basically eliminated as we speak. Not sure how they go 10 and 3 the remainder of the season, which might be the number required to get in. I do wonder what will become of Fox if they have another poor season. Could it be another HC down with the count??

Maybe the worst thing if they make a late move to salvage a bad season, say 8 and 8 for example. That might mean they stay status quo, and just prolong the inevitable.

CanDB
09-27-2015, 09:35 PM
Still waiting to hear from our Bears supporters. Just wondering if they see a brighter future.

BigOBroncoFan
09-27-2015, 10:30 PM
What the Bears need is a new QB even with the Broncos Cutler was never the answer the guy either has bad years or gets hurt every year.

Garfield
09-27-2015, 11:01 PM
What the Bears need is a new QB even with the Broncos Cutler was never the answer the guy either has bad years or gets hurt every year.

the bears need A LOT of upgrades on players with QB being at the top of the list. he would have a 13 mil dead money hit for 2016 if they cut him.

Houshmazode
09-28-2015, 08:25 AM
Bears: Punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt ...

How bad was it for the Bears on Sunday? Their 10 possessions went punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt. Going back to 1980, its the first time a team has punted on every possession in a game within that time. The shutout by the Seahawks snaps the Bears' streak of 194 straight games without getting shut out.

Crazy.

bronx_2003
09-28-2015, 12:31 PM
No Cutler, No Jeffrey, Marshall no longer there..... the shut-out didn't surprise me

Rastic
09-28-2015, 12:32 PM
The Bears laid a goose egg against the Seahawks... :confused: Isn't nature wonderful.

Conner13
09-29-2015, 12:02 PM
John Fox is nothing but an embarrassment and I don't understand why more people don't see it. There's an article on NFL.com right now that said John Fox and the Bears basically looked as if they were only concerned about missing the flight home. I know that's sarcasm, but is that really far from the truth? John Fox teams have no fight in them -- no will to persevere. I expect he'll be one and done in Chicago.

And if not, what the hell is wrong with their upper management?

baphamet
09-30-2015, 05:25 PM
John Fox is nothing but an embarrassment and I don't understand why more people don't see it. There's an article on NFL.com right now that said John Fox and the Bears basically looked as if they were only concerned about missing the flight home. I know that's sarcasm, but is that really far from the truth? John Fox teams have no fight in them -- no will to persevere. I expect he'll be one and done in Chicago.

And if not, what the hell is wrong with their upper management?

IMO you can't make judgments like that until closer to the end of the season, especially when your QB and best receiver are down. i know cutler isn't an elite QB but most coaches will get a pass if their QB goes down, some get a pass for not having one to begin with.

if things continue to spiral down even after Jefferey and cutler get healthy? yeah i could see him going one and done.

CanDB
09-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Still waiting for some responses from our Bears buds.......:confused:

Love some insight. Maybe even some trade related commentary.

Chitown
10-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Still waiting for some responses from our Bears buds.......:confused:

Love some insight. Maybe even some trade related commentary.

The Bears are in complete rebuild mode. They have a bunch of crappy defenders that don't fit the scheme they are running.

Cutler and the offense will win enough games like they did last Sunday to screw themselves out of a top five draft pick. If the defense improves this team could finish the season around the .500 mark.

As far as trades go they are unloading the defensive players that have any value and do not fit the scheme. Depending what happens in the next few weeks Forte could be traded as well. If the Bears keep losing there is no need to keep him when he probably leaves as a free agent next year and they will receive nothing.

On another note the players stink but they are 1000 times better coached this year than last. They are at least in the right position to make plays they just aren't good enough to make them. If this was last years coaching staff Seattle would have put up 50 on them instead of 26.

Just reread your op. I don't know why it took you three weeks to write the Bears off this season when everyone (including Bears fans) knew they had a terrible team. Most people wrote them off before kickoff week one.

Also the Bears have an estimated 60 million in cap space next year. Their offense if healthy is not a bad as you think. They just spent the number 7 pick on a receiver and their biggest weaknesses remain on defense. So they have the cap space and hopefully a top 5 pick next year to turn this around fast.

And if someone wants to remain positive about this year the Bears three losses were to three of the better teams in the league and were competitive vs. Green Bay and Arizona until Cutler got hurt.

HUMCALC
10-07-2015, 06:32 PM
I LOVE watching Cutler struggle

Chitown
10-07-2015, 07:00 PM
I LOVE watching Cutler struggle

He is not struggling as bad as Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck are.

HUMCALC
10-07-2015, 07:10 PM
He is not struggling as bad as Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck are.

He's 1-2 as a starter. That's struggling in my book

Chitown
10-07-2015, 07:16 PM
He's 1-2 as a starter. That's struggling in my book

That must be why you are terrible at evaluating individual talent.

beastlyskronk
10-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Any recent news on kevin white?

Chitown
10-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Any recent news on kevin white?

Most likely out the entire year. He possibly could be back towards the end but I think the Bears will hold him out even if he could return.

Chitown
10-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Jay Culter leads yet another 4th quarter comeback against an AFC West team to win their second in a row. The Bears were without their top three receivers in Alshon Jeffery, Kevin White and Eddie Royal. Cameron Meredith, Marquess Wilson and Josh Bellamy were Cutlers wide outs today.

Defense is slowly improving and the Bears schedule is lighter later in the year. If the defense continues to get better this team can compete with most teams. This offense could be really good if everyone is healthy. Defense still lacks talent but are put in positions to make plays.

Spice 1
10-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Jay Culter leads yet another 4th quarter comeback against an AFC West team to win their second in a row. The Bears were without their top three receivers in Alshon Jeffery, Kevin White and Eddie Royal. Cameron Meredith, Marquess Wilson and Josh Bellamy were Cutlers wide outs today.

Defense is slowly improving and the Bears schedule is lighter later in the year. If the defense continues to get better this team can compete with most teams. This offense could be really good if everyone is healthy. Defense still lacks talent but are put in positions to make plays.

Interesting Bears/Broncos matchup? Jay's making some noise.

CanDB
10-12-2015, 05:40 AM

OK.....I owed you this one. Looks like your top pick is slipping away. Does that concern you? You a 500 team now?

What confuses me is that, and it seems to be a Cutler thing, for the majority of the game they had little O. Why is that, given the outcome? I know players were out, but that's a common Jay excuse. How did they do it in the end?

Chitown
10-12-2015, 03:56 PM
OK.....I owed you this one. Looks like your top pick is slipping away. Does that concern you? You a 500 team now?

What confuses me is that, and it seems to be a Cutler thing, for the majority of the game they had little O. Why is that, given the outcome? I know players were out, but that's a common Jay excuse. How did they do it in the end?

I'm not concerned with the number one pick. That's what the Bears were playing for but they are not going to get it. Doesn't bother me because there is no Andrew Luck this year and Cutler is playing good. Bears are 2-3.?

1st half Bennett had 3 or four drops, the running game wasn't doing anything special. In the second half Cutler just took over the game. Great throw after great throw to lead the comeback win. The game is 60 minutes and a team sport. One player can play great and the team can still get smoked. Fans on these boards don't seem to get that.

Spice 1
10-12-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm not concerned with the number one pick. That's what the Bears were playing for but they are not going to get it. Doesn't bother me because there is no Andrew Luck this year and Cutler is playing good. Bears are 2-3.?

1st half Bennett had 3 or four drops, the running game wasn't doing anything special. In the second half Cutler just took over the game. Great throw after great throw to lead the comeback win. The game is 60 minutes and a team sport. One player can play great and the team can still get smoked. Fans on these boards don't seem to get that.

Who did what while who got smoked?

bears6385
10-12-2015, 05:34 PM

Things to discuss/debate.After 5 games............Bears are better than the sum total of their parts.

On O Cutler is playing well, Forte is still great, Bennett is a top TE, Wilson is developing at WR, Jeffery and Royal should be back next week, and this current OL should be very good moving forward.

On D, Fangio is the best DC in the game. DL has one standout in Jenkins, McPhee has been a great pickup, he is turning out to be one of the best OLB's in the game, at CB Porter has been outstanding since he has been gotten the starting job. Other than those three it's just been a lot of guys playing basic solid defense. This D seems to be getting a little better each week.

bears6385
10-17-2015, 01:19 PM
I just feel like The Bears are basically eliminated as we speak. Not sure how they go 10 and 3 the remainder of the season, which might be the number required to get in. I do wonder what will become of Fox if they have another poor season. Could it be another HC down with the count??

Maybe the worst thing if they make a late move to salvage a bad season, say 8 and 8 for example. That might mean they stay status quo, and just prolong the inevitable.Don't know about that...........a win against the Lions and the Bears would be 3-3 going into their bye week. With so many average to below average teams left on the schedule anything could happen. As of right now only two teams left have a winning record, Pack and Broncos, the other 9 games teams are a combined 13-30. Bears defense keeps improving, offense gets healthy at wr, they could be in this thing all season long.

bronx_2003
10-17-2015, 01:25 PM
Quick question about 2 players I wanted the Broncos to draft when they came out.

Christian Jones - How is he looking this season, is he a full time starter ?

Kadeem Carey - How comes he is 3rd on the depth chart and doesn't get many looks ? In college he had good speed, was very shifty, and had excellent hands

CanDB
10-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Don't know about that...........a win against the Lions and the Bears would be 3-3 going into their bye week. With so many average to below average teams left on the schedule anything could happen. As of right now only two teams left have a winning record, Pack and Broncos, the other 9 games teams are a combined 13-30. Bears defense keeps improving, offense gets healthy at wr, they could be in this thing all season long.

Sure.....you take an old post to compare with, now that your team is turning it around a bit, with some last minute heroics (two weeks in a row). The Bears fans now start showing up. (I guess Chitown was not too late for the party actually).

I'm cool with their better play, but I'm saying this again today.....you are what your record says. I have a hunch Detroit will them play tough this weekend.

bears6385
10-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Sure.....you take an old post to compare with, now that your team is turning it around a bit, with some last minute heroics (two weeks in a row). The Bears fans now start showing up. (I guess Chitown was not too late for the party actually).

I'm cool with their better play, but I'm saying this again today.....you are what your record says. I have a hunch Detroit will them play tough this weekend.Point I am making is there are so many bad teams in the league right now that one or two of those will be in the playoffs. As I have said before the Bears are not very good, the bar is set low this season but they have shown improvement every week esp. on defense. Fangio has these rookies and no names playing ball.

Last minute wins..........sounds like Fox's first season in Denver. It's what happens when you let average teams stay around until the 4th quarter.

I agree the Bears are what their record says they are..........right now, but I see a number of signs the shows the arrow is pointing up. Lions are also what their record says they are. They are a train wreck, a shadow of last years team. I think the Bears win because of their D and the fact that this is the worst I have ever seen Stafford play. Now if Stafford turns it around this week it would change everything.

This is a very well coached team, and to me that is where it all starts.

bears6385
10-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Quick question about 2 players I wanted the Broncos to draft when they came out.

Christian Jones - How is he looking this season, is he a full time starter ?

Kadeem Carey - How comes he is 3rd on the depth chart and doesn't get many looks ? In college he had good speed, was very shifty, and had excellent handsJones is a starting inside linebacker, who is second on the team in tackles. Seems to be getting better every week.

Carey has not been given many looks because he is not as explosive as rookie Jeremy Langford. Carey was also not drafted by our current GM.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2015, 02:36 PM
How is McClellin doing this year?

bears6385
10-17-2015, 02:55 PM
How is McClellin doing this year?Shea has been a key player in this new defense after moving to the inside. He was setting the D and leading the team in tackles until he was injured last week. He looks to have a sprained MCL.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Shea has been a key player in this new defense after moving to the inside. He was setting the D and leading the team in tackles until he was injured last week. He looks to have a sprained MCL.

I was disappointed when Chicago drafted him. I always thought his skill set was better suited for a 3-4.

bears6385
10-18-2015, 08:22 AM
I was disappointed when Chicago drafted him. I always thought his skill set was better suited for a 3-4.Yep, three wasted years until Fangio showed up.

You a Boise State fan?