PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Vikings Fan, would like to tailgate

Crax
09-28-2015, 07:27 AM
Hi!

I'll be coming to the game this next Sunday. I'm a Vikings fan living in Utah and will be driving over for the game. This will actually be my first time attending an NFL game. I'll be coming solo wearing my Vikings gear.

There is no rivalry I know of with Denver/Minnesota, plus I've always figured Broncos fans to generally be pretty nice overall so I haven't been too worried about it like I would be if I was going to SF or Oakland.

Any suggestions from Broncos nation on what I should do?(Besides switch to the broncos :D). I'm staying south of the stadium down by the Tech Center, but figured I'd arrive hours before the game started to take it all in.

BroncoFansWife
09-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Hey Crax - I'd imagine you'll find quite a few Vikings fans wanting to tailgate that you can meet up with - lots open at 8. There's a forum on First time attending a game that you should check out which talks about tailgating. I had to look into it, since it's our first game also and we're coming from MN... but I'm a broncos fan, so I'll fit in a little better! ;-)

Have fun!

justrelaxing
09-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Son and I are flying in from MN....Broncos have always been my AFC team...I will be supporting both teams...

VenomousDB
10-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Youll be fine man. Just make some friendly conversation with the fans around you and have a good time. Like BroncosFansWife said, the lots open at 8, and even at 8 people are lining up to get their tailgating underway. How do you plan on getting to the stadium

johntbronco
10-02-2015, 01:19 PM
I don't think there will be any issues of you wearing your full Vikings outfit in Mile High. As long as you are not totally obnoxious, the Broncos fans will be ok. Have fun!

Crax
10-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Youll be fine man. Just make some friendly conversation with the fans around you and have a good time. Like BroncosFansWife said, the lots open at 8, and even at 8 people are lining up to get their tailgating underway. How do you plan on getting to the stadium

Either the wife is dropping me off or I'm riding the train. I'm down by the tech center and there is a stop right there that goes up by the stadium.

How bad is the traffic at 8 am? I figured I'd get up there early

Crax
10-02-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't think there will be any issues of you wearing your full Vikings outfit in Mile High. As long as you are not totally obnoxious, the Broncos fans will be ok. Have fun!

Thanks. I have a fair amount of family in Colorado and my late uncle was a big time Broncos fan and had season tickets for quite awhile(I aquired his Romanowski jersey after he died among other stuff). Utah also pretty much has inherited the Broncos as far as local TV goes, so I've seen a ton of their games(even before the Manning effect) as that is what is usually on the local channels on Sunday.

I'm pretty laid back so I don't think there should be any real issues.

justrelaxing
10-02-2015, 01:53 PM
I am staying up in Golden. So my plan was to see where the nearest train station is that would get to the stadium, or drive to a train stop and jump on. Well, I plan on wearing my Broncos hoodie and Vikings hat...I am not obnoxious, so my son and I should be ok. Hoping to catch a few other Bronco Fans and Vikings fans tailgating on our way in.

So excited to fly into Denver early sat morning..

VenomousDB
10-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I am staying up in Golden. So my plan was to see where the nearest train station is that would get to the stadium, or drive to a train stop and jump on. Well, I plan on wearing my Broncos hoodie and Vikings hat...I am not obnoxious, so my son and I should be ok. Hoping to catch a few other Bronco Fans and Vikings fans tailgating on our way in.

So excited to fly into Denver early sat morning..

there are no stations in golden to my knowledge. if i were you id get on the rtd website and check it out

Crax
10-02-2015, 05:32 PM
How bad is the traffic at 8 am? I figured I'd get up there early
Any opinions on this? The game is at 2:25 I believe. What time does the stadium traffic start getting bad?