PDA

View Full Version : Russell Wilson Is A Major Tease

CanDB
10-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Can you imagine playing D against this guy? He is more elusive than Houdini! And its not because he's a slender guy. Russ is a stud.....who can elude you in a phone booth.

Some games he doesn't seem to be that good, that is, until maybe the 4th Q, when he decides to wear his SM cape. He starts running, faking, dipping, ducking, rotating....and at that point, anything becomes possible. He may end up going 50 yards in the backfield, scrambling like a rabbit, and then somehow, someway he kills you with a flick of a wrist, or a scamper that sinks your soul.

We've seen the act before, many times. Beat The Broncos in OT like that. Suddenly is unstoppable via his legs and mind. The Pack felt it in last year's NFC championship. Had a poor game, that is, until the last Q and OT, when everything just changed. (Of course a botched onside kick return helped the cause).

Yes, Russ Wilson is a major tease. He teases opponents, and in so doing, takes the air out of them and their hearts as well. Once those things are gone, there's little more left, not to mention it's very hard to score against his mates.

Last thing.....too bad he's such a good person. Hard not to pull for him.

bronx_2003
10-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Wilson is soooo overrated, anytime I see him in the top ten and ahead of Newton I find it laughable.

Seattle have put up 13 points tonight, which includes 2 50+ yard fgs by the kicker..... but don't worry Russell, your get another W next to your name

Taos_Broncomaniac
10-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Running is an invitation to get hit...on the knee...it's coming...

bronx_2003
10-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Oh look, another TO by Wilson and gives Detroit 7 points

Don't worry Russell, the D will bail you out again

All he does is win...... :)

HUMCALC
10-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Wilson is soooo overrated, anytime I see him in the top ten and ahead of Newton I find it laughable.

Seattle have put up 13 points tonight, which includes 2 50+ yard fgs by the kicker..... but don't worry Russell, your get another W next to your name

Newton is WAY OVERRATED. He darn near got expelled from Florida. He had his dad solicit bribes from colleges, and he's not as good as he boasts

Spice 1
10-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Oh look, another TO by Wilson and gives Detroit 7 points

Don't worry Russell, the D will bail you out again

All he does is win...... :)

Jesus just bailed Wilson and the Seahawks out.

broncoslover115
10-05-2015, 08:23 PM
So deflating. Calvin Johnson should know better than that - holding the ball loosely. Ugh! I so wanted them to score to stun the crowd and silence them.

CanDB
10-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Tough crowd. True to form, Wilson has a poor game and another W. Say what you want but I sure would have loved to see how he would have reacted if Johnson scores. Probably finds a way to pull it out.

Hey, I'm not even a fan.

CanDB
10-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Jesus just bailed Wilson and the Seahawks out.

Yikes......now we are saying a "Higher Power" has favs!!!!

broncoslover115
10-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Tough crowd. True to form, Wilson has a poor game and another W. Say what you want but I sure would have loved to see how he would have reacted if Johnson scores. Probably finds a way to pull it out.

Hey, I'm not even a fan.

Yeah, he probably would have taken them down the field like he did on that last drive.

Spice 1
10-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Yikes......now we are saying a "Higher Power" has favs!!!!

According to Russell Wilson, he does.

CanDB
10-05-2015, 08:32 PM
One more thing.....I posted this earlier in the game, when he was stepping around like a "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant. Like him or not, he has impressive skills.

So if you are ticked about the outcome, and so am I by the way, maybe look elsewhere. This was about the player, not the team, and early on against a Detroit team that can't get it done this year.

CanDB
10-05-2015, 08:33 PM
According to Russell Wilson, he does.

OK.....that's a legit response.;)

broncoslover115
10-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Holy crap, the refs blew the call. It was intentionally batted out by SEA and is a foul. The ball should have been given back to the Lions.

Wow!!!!!!

bronx_2003
10-05-2015, 08:34 PM
I remember when K Nick was high on these qb lists and went to the sb, everyone ignoring the fact it was the D and Gore getting the Wins. Now they have gone and he needs to carry them its a disaster.

Wilson is the same.

bronx_2003
10-05-2015, 08:44 PM
One more thing.....I poste this earlier in the game, when he was stepping around like a "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant. Like him or not, he has impressive skills.

So if you are ticked about the outcome, and so am I by the way, maybe look elsewhere. This was about the player, not the team, and early on against a Detroit team that can't get it done this year.

It just is what it is, I'm sure he's a great guy and he's fast, but he's not a good qb. Against GB he had 5 turnovers and was awful, but the D shut Rodgers down. In the SB they put the game in his hands for some reason and he threw a poor ball for the pick.

Ppl who just look at stats are naive

CanDB
10-05-2015, 09:25 PM
It just is what it is, I'm sure he's a great guy and he's fast, but he's not a good qb. Against GB he had 5 turnovers and was awful, but the D shut Rodgers down. In the SB they put the game in his hands for some reason and he threw a poor ball for the pick.

Ppl who just look at stats are naive

I see some of your point, but the guy is a winner.

Chronoless
10-05-2015, 09:31 PM
I see some of your point, but the guy is a winner.

Anyone can be a winner if the defense keeps you close. Tim Tebow was the master of winning.

CanDB
10-06-2015, 05:09 AM
Anyway......I said he was a tease, and guess what, he played so so, only to win another close one......what a tease!!!

Rastic
10-06-2015, 05:20 AM
Anyway......I said he was a tease, and guess what, he played so so, only to win another close one......what a tease!!!

After our SB loss I already feel bad watching the Hawks. You calling Wilson a tease now makes it feel somewhat dirty.

CanDB
10-06-2015, 06:06 PM
After our SB loss I already feel bad watching the Hawks. You calling Wilson a tease now makes it feel somewhat dirty.

It's a dirty world we live in! I hate to say it (and I think you'll agree) it's a game we are trying to forget!!

trc1962
10-06-2015, 09:30 PM
What many realized here in Seahawk land last night is that the game with the Lions is a snap shot of the team when Lynch is gone and it isn't pretty. It is easy to rush for some yardage and make the occasional throw when you have Lynch and the defense as a background and Wilson will not carry the team the way a Brady, Manning or Luck will. They dropped Aaron Rogers money to a guy that won't carry the franchise.

Dennis.1960
10-07-2015, 07:49 AM
One more thing.....I posted this earlier in the game, when he was stepping around like a "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant. Like him or not, he has impressive skills.

His scrambling and escapability (is that even a real word?) remind me mostly of another small QB, Fran Tarkenton. The play Monday night where the Lions blitzed right up the center and he kept retreating leaving the blitzer on his knees grasping at air was very impressive. The scrambles where he pulls a spin move leaving the defender on the ground is total Tarkenton. I think Wilson is one of the most fun QB's to watch these days.

Wilson: 5'11" 205
Tarkenton: 6'0" 190

CanDB
10-07-2015, 09:35 AM
His scrambling and escapability (is that even a real word?) remind me mostly of another small QB, Fran Tarkenton. The play Monday night where the Lions blitzed right up the center and he kept retreating leaving the blitzer on his knees grasping at air was very impressive. The scrambles where he pulls a spin move leaving the defender on the ground is total Tarkenton. I think Wilson is one of the most fun QB's to watch these days.

Wilson: 5'11" 205
Tarkenton: 6'0" 190

Granted I see where you reside....but you are obviously one of the few folks here who see what I was getting at. For a person who does not pull for Seattle, I have to give props to Wilson's incredible, and yes, teasing ways!;)

Dennis.1960
10-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Granted I see where you reside....but you are obviously one of the few folks here who see what I was getting at. For a person who does not pull for Seattle, I have to give props to Wilson's incredible, and yes, teasing ways!;)

Well where I live it's Seahawks all the time and I do watch nearly every game they play and have seen a lot of Wilson. On the one hand, he's sort of the "game manager" type - which is what they seem to want with Lynch carrying the load. On the other hand, his scrambling ability sets him apart from the other successful "game manager" QB's and gives him the ability to turn a sure sack into a positive run or 8 second scramble ending in a completed pass. And like with Elway, defensive lineman get absolutely sick of chasing him around for the 1st 3 quarters and just run out of gas, so he excels in pulling the game out in Q4. I think that's the key to his teasing ways ;)

CanDB
10-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Well where I live it's Seahawks all the time and I do watch nearly every game they play and have seen a lot of Wilson. On the one hand, he's sort of the "game manager" type - which is what they seem to want with Lynch carrying the load. On the other hand, his scrambling ability sets him apart from the other successful "game manager" QB's and gives him the ability to turn a sure sack into a positive run or 8 second scramble ending in a completed pass. And like with Elway, defensive lineman get absolutely sick of chasing him around for the 1st 3 quarters and just run out of gas, so he excels in pulling the game out in Q4. I think that's the key to his teasing ways ;)

I agree with your assessment. He wears down opponents, sort of like how a boxer wears down another, using a steady dose of body shots. By the latter stage of the game/fight, the opponent has worn out, hence the late stage victories. A solid run game also has that affect.

But imagine chasing him for 3 quarters, and getting mostly air. At some point you question yourself. At some point you may expect to not feel confident in why you are chasing so hard.

This comes down to excellent D Coordinator strategy, and yes, athletic opponents executing the plan.

Dennis.1960
10-07-2015, 11:37 AM
But imagine chasing him for 3 quarters, and getting mostly air. At some point you question yourself. At some point you may expect to not feel confident in why you are chasing so hard.

Ya, you're tired...no sacks for the day even though you had him in your sights many times...you're frustrated so you start jumping offsides trying to get an edge...finally you just want the pain to end, go have a shower, and get the heck out of Seattle.

But if you think Wilson tires them out, imagine how those defensive linemen felt chasing Elway around in that mile high air :logo:

CanDB
10-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Ya, you're tired...no sacks for the day even though you had him in your sights many times...you're frustrated so you start jumping offsides trying to get an edge...finally you just want the pain to end, go have a shower, and get the heck out of Seattle.

But if you think Wilson tires them out, imagine how those defensive linemen felt chasing Elway around in that mile high air :logo:

Yah.......it's the old "tap out please":sad:

MegaOrange
10-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Wilson is a good/great QB and he's still learning. The problem he's facing is exactly what I thought would happen. You win a Superbowl and you have to pay people, including Wilson. They've got good players and have had to overpay them because they all have the Superbowl champ next to their name. That immediately eats away at that depth and overall talent level of the team.

They've got some hybrid Frankenstein line that Carrol is trying to develop which is causing Wilson to run for his life. Although, this isn't all bad because Wilson is at his best when the play breaks down. Put it like this, if Peyton was behind that line he'd be falling down and/or getting sacked far more than he has with our line and I say that knowing he's had quite a few with our line.

I'd have no problem with Wilson being my QB.

bronx_2003
10-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Wilson is a good/great QB and he's still learning. The problem he's facing is exactly what I thought would happen. You win a Superbowl and you have to pay people, including Wilson. They've got good players and have had to overpay them because they all have the Superbowl champ next to their name. That immediately eats away at that depth and overall talent level of the team.

They've got some hybrid Frankenstein line that Carrol is trying to develop which is causing Wilson to run for his life. Although, this isn't all bad because Wilson is at his best when the play breaks down. Put it like this, if Peyton was behind that line he'd be falling down and/or getting sacked far more than he has with our line and I say that knowing he's had quite a few with our line.

No, he's really not.

I thought Wilson had 2 great plays the other night. The scramble and throw, then a brilliant TD throw to the back of the EZ in a small window. Wilson will give you 4-5 very good and exciting plays a game, thats normally enough to win with Seattle's great D and Lynch running the ball, but if he's asked to do any more then it just doesn't work. K/Nick used to be the same and stack the W's but now he's asked to carry the team its a disaster.

Wilson was terrible at home the other night, he had one TD drive and gave the Lions 7 points in return.... but once again they picked up the W despite him.... yet he gets another W on his stat sheet.

CanDB
10-08-2015, 01:27 PM

No, he's really not.

I thought Wilson had 2 great plays the other night. The scramble and throw, then a brilliant TD throw to the back of the EZ in a small window. Wilson will give you 4-5 very good and exciting plays a game, thats normally enough to win with Seattle's great D and Lynch running the ball, but if he's asked to do any more then it just doesn't work. K/Nick used to be the same and stack the W's but now he's asked to carry the team its a disaster.

Wilson was terrible at home the other night, he had one TD drive and gave the Lions 7 points in return.... but once again they picked up the W despite him.... yet he gets another W on his stat sheet.

He is definitely good, at minimum.

bronx_2003
10-08-2015, 01:37 PM
He is definitely good, at minimum.

I don't think so, certainly not a top ten QB anyway.

I guess Wilson, like so many other running qb's, will split opinion. History shows its a fad that so often ends badly and I see no difference in this instance.

The only one who had moderate success being a great athlete but limited passer was Vick, and that wasn't for a prolonged period and he success was limited

602BroncoFan
10-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Can you imagine playing D against this guy? He is more elusive than Houdini! And its not because he's a slender guy. Russ is a stud.....who can elude you in a phone booth.

Some games he doesn't seem to be that good, that is, until maybe the 4th Q, when he decides to wear his SM cape. He starts running, faking, dipping, ducking, rotating....and at that point, anything becomes possible. He may end up going 50 yards in the backfield, scrambling like a rabbit, and then somehow, someway he kills you with a flick of a wrist, or a scamper that sinks your soul.

We've seen the act before, many times. Beat The Broncos in OT like that. Suddenly is unstoppable via his legs and mind. The Pack felt it in last year's NFC championship. Had a poor game, that is, until the last Q and OT, when everything just changed. (Of course a botched onside kick return helped the cause).

Yes, Russ Wilson is a major tease. He teases opponents, and in so doing, takes the air out of them and their hearts as well. Once those things are gone, there's little more left, not to mention it's very hard to score against his mates.

Last thing.....too bad he's such a good person. Hard not to pull for him.

He's like Tim Tebow, but with a good defense. He can run but his throws, are often miracle catches after he ran from 9 defenders.