PDA

View Full Version : First Game at Denver ever...advice please

krwtulsa
10-20-2015, 06:53 PM
A couple of questions if I may. We are from Tulsa, OK, and I am flying my wife (HUGE Bronco fan) to Denver to see her first ever Bronco game next month vs KC. We have booked a stadium tour the following Monday, but I am wondering what else should we do, or visit, while in town to make sure she recieves the ultimate Bronco experience possible while we are in town?!? This game is a bucket list thing for her so it is very imporant we make the most of this trip! Thanks in advance!!

orange crush75
10-20-2015, 06:58 PM
I am from california and have been there 3 times . Absolutely love it. The people there are fantastic fans. Check out the little gambling town by Denver . It's called Blackhawk or something like that. And you have to go to Elways! Best burger I've ever had . The Denver science and nature museum is a lot of fun also. Have a blast and enjoy!

ArchAngel
10-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Two words; Casa Bonita.

VenomousDB
10-20-2015, 07:09 PM
No no The Cherry Cricket has the best burgers :D If you want steak head over to elways

Rancid
10-20-2015, 07:46 PM
If you are renting a car, drive down to Dove Valley. It is easy to find. South on I-25 to Arapahoe, east on Arapahoe, then south on Potomac and you will see it on the right in about a 1/2 mile all painted up in orange & blue. I think they have a shop in there. You can also see inside the complex from the walk on the street. The area around there is a restaurant mecca. Shanahan's is one exit North off Orchard.

If you stay downtown, getting to Dove Valley will take you 15-20 minutes.

I live in that area and occasionally see Broncos players in restaurants. I sat at a table next to Elway's table once about 5-6 years ago. If you are lucky you might bump into some of them. I see them at the Chipotle a lot and at the Chinese place, Hoong's Palace sometimes.

TheAnimalYears
10-20-2015, 07:47 PM
No no The Cherry Cricket has the best burgers :D If you want steak head over to elways

The Cherry Cricket is definitely worth a stop when you're in Denver. Absolutely delicious.

Bronco51
10-20-2015, 08:14 PM
If you drink, you might want to try some microbreweries. Also, if you stay in town and want the true Bronco experience, go to Dove Valley on Monday and try to get in the Broncos Huddle tv show

krwtulsa
10-21-2015, 06:20 AM
If you drink, you might want to try some microbreweries. Also, if you stay in town and want the true Bronco experience, go to Dove Valley on Monday and try to get in the Broncos Huddle tv show

This microbreweries sound fun. We fly out Monday afternoon the so Broncos Huddle isnt an option it appears. I believe we will definitely go to the Cherry Cricket.

We may go to Golden and Tour the Coors plant, but not sure what to expect there.

Anyways, thanks for the ideas!!!!