PDA

View Full Version : Team I can't even write name of

Larvage
10-29-2015, 08:26 PM
If you look at my history you'll know I followed Manning over here. I have followed him since his days in TN. During my time here I have started to love this team more and more, with players like DT, CJ, Sanders, Miller, Heck 2015 Defense! How could you not????

I wanted to get that out of the way first, now following Manning, I have even more reason to hate the Cheatriots (sorry that's the only way I can say the team name I refuse to say or even write it any other way). However watching them play this year, it looks scary. Is it the cake walk teams? Now I know they get enough media hype that even bringing this up is kinda stupid, but will our Defense be enough to stop them?

There's zero need to talk about quarterback in this thread, I'm just curious your thoughts about our TEAM and theirs, talent wise, coach wise, can we stop them?

samparnell
10-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Have you noticed that the New England Partiots* have an asterisk in their helmet decal? :D

18to88
10-29-2015, 08:32 PM
If the Patriots stay healthy they will be very hard to stop on offense. Gronk is one of the best players in the NFL. Having a TE that can exploit matchups is a QBs dream (like PM and JT) but the Patriots also have Chandler who CAN block and can be split out wide as well. He was split wide on that last TD to Edelmen. Brady was also very hard to stop when he had Gronk/murderer guy and he seems to be in that groove again with Edelmen looking as good or better than Welker. Throw in the fact that they have a 100 yard receiver out of the backfield and I just don't know how you can cover everyone. Their OL isn't the best but Brady sure had a number of plays tonight where he had all day to throw. It is a long season though, and the Broncos O will hopefully improve and injuries usually factor in some where. The Patriots schedule has also been much easier than Denvers IMO.

Larvage
10-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the replies, for the past 3 years now my favorite team has been the Broncos and any team playing against said team above, but for some reason this years version of them scare me more than that 18-1 team. I'm really hoping it's just the cake walk they have had. I thank the football Gods every morning we play them at our home this year finally.

LSIGRAD09
10-29-2015, 08:55 PM
I hate to say it, but I really think they will finish what they started in 2007.

18to88
10-29-2015, 09:03 PM
It is such a great weapon to have 3 TE's that you can trust. They have Gronk who you cannot cover with a LB no matter where he lines up. If you want to try then you have to bracket him but then you hit the back out of the backfield. You can bring on the blocking TE and run play action, then you bring on the pass catching TE and run the ball. They are always keeping the defense off balance and guessing. Throw in the fact that Edelman is as shifty as they come and Amendola can be too at times and they are just so hard to cover. They have the perfect offense set up for an aging QB. Not totally different to what Denver put around Manning in 2013 and the start of 2014 before Welker started his rapid decline and then JT was hurt.