PDA

View Full Version : Mike Adams

TheAnimalYears
11-09-2015, 12:33 AM
Hindsight's 20/20, but you've got to sort of question...did we really make a better personnel move in ditching Adams for TJ Ward following the 2013 season?

Since joining the Colts at the start of 2014, Adams has an incredible 10 interceptions and has 7 more tackles than TJ Ward does. I know that Ward impacts games as a blitzing safety and has a couple of sacks, but he also showed a tendency to be out of position and overly aggressive in pursuit every now and then. Adams has been receiving rave reviews for quite some time from Colts analysts as a stellar coverage strong safety.

I don't think Ward has been a negative for the defense by any means, but I don't think it's the slam-dunk free agent signing that we were led to believe given how extraordinary Adams has been for Indy.

broncosrule1234
11-09-2015, 01:08 AM
Hindsight's 20/20, but you've got to sort of question...did we really make a better personnel move in ditching Adams for TJ Ward following the 2013 season?

Since joining the Colts at the start of 2014, Adams has an incredible 10 interceptions and has 7 more tackles than TJ Ward does. I know that Ward impacts games as a blitzing safety and has a couple of sacks, but he also showed a tendency to be out of position and overly aggressive in pursuit every now and then. Adams has been receiving rave reviews for quite some time from Colts analysts as a stellar coverage strong safety.

I don't think Ward has been a negative for the defense by any means, but I don't think it's the slam-dunk free agent signing that we were led to believe given how extraordinary Adams has been for Indy.

He has been playing great for Indy, but wasnt nearly as productive with us. Some players play better in different schemes

Spice 1
11-09-2015, 09:41 AM

Interceptions can be deceptive. TJ Ward is a better safety, and a better safety for this particular team, the way it's built. I always thought that Adams was better than people gave him credit on here, though.