PDA

View Full Version : Broncos knocked luck out possibly 6 weeks

Sam_Z
11-11-2015, 07:23 AM
http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts/colts-andrew-luck-lacerated-kidney-in-broncos-game

Andrew luck out with lacerated kidneys and abdominal tear suffered playing against the Denver Broncos!

Injury came on a hit inside the Broncos 20 when Danny Trevathian and Vance Walker sandwiched him as he was falling to the ground.

Supposedly Luck is being praised as a marter in Indy for his Herculean efforts against the Denver Broncos.

Does this make anyone feel any better about the loss to Indy knowing that Luck played through severe pain and injury to beat this defense?

johntbronco
11-11-2015, 07:42 AM
That was Indy's superbowl this year.

Kansas City's superbowl is this sunday.

AussieBronco76
11-11-2015, 07:47 AM

I agree and hopefully the Indy result reminds our team of the chance of an upset on any given sunday.

River Side
11-11-2015, 08:00 AM
It was clear they wanted it more.

Coming off of an overtime loss on a short week with a new coordinator.. They beat the leagues best defense.. Of course there are repercussions.

Would have been smarter to keep him fresh and healthy for remaining divisional games instead.. But having a perinneal crappy division helps.

Rich_C
11-11-2015, 08:01 AM
No - It does raise some questions though.

1. What is a player responsibility to pull themselves form the game if injured?
- These are pretty serious injuries and it is possible that the subsequent hits he took only further aggravated them.

2. The hit was 100% legal he didn't bother to slide feet first thus making the play dead. Instead he tried ot be a hero and he paid dearly for it.

furi0usbee
11-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Would have been smarter to keep him fresh and healthy for remaining divisional games instead..

I wholeheartedly approve of their decision :) :)

Hadez
11-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Luck did have a great game against us

We still would have won without our self inflicted penalties and ints

Glad they finally cost us a game. Maybe now as a team we will realize how important it is to fix them other wise NE will beat us and we will have to play them in NE in the playoffs assuming it works out that way...which it looks like that is the path things are on.

As long as PM is throwing picks every game if I was the OC/HC I would say we are going to run the ball more than pass it until that is fixed.

IMO CJ is healthy enough to perform now and Hillman has show he can make plays when a play is not perfectly blocked as well.

FR Tim
11-11-2015, 08:09 AM
http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts/colts-andrew-luck-lacerated-kidney-in-broncos-game

Andrew luck out with lacerated kidneys and abdominal tear suffered playing against the Denver Broncos!

Injury came on a hit inside the Broncos 20 when Danny Trevathian and Vance Walker sandwiched him as he was falling to the ground.

Supposedly Luck is being praised as a marter in Indy for his Herculean efforts against the Denver Broncos.

Does this make anyone feel any better about the loss to Indy knowing that Luck played through severe pain and injury to beat this defense?

Not even a little bit. Broncos still lost.

They played a stinker against a team that they spent all week talking about how important it was to get "revenge" and "win one for Manning".

If anything it makes me feel worse. Luck and the Colts played with heart and won a game they shouldn't. While the Broncos were favored and had the clear advantage on paper then proceeded to lose by making mental errors and play like crap. To a player we now know was severely injured.

"kicking and screaming" ... not quite yet.

Freyaka
11-11-2015, 08:13 AM

The superbowl might be indy's superbowl. They will be able to survive without luck in that division for 6 weeks...That division is so bad that 8-8 gets them in the playoffs.

4th Amigo
11-11-2015, 08:18 AM
No, not even a little bit. Injuring a player never feels "good", no matter what side they play for. But, if nothing else maybe it will cause opposing QB's to be a little more hesitant to scramble around so much on this very aggressive defense.

darryn16
11-11-2015, 08:38 AM
[/B]

Not even a little bit. Broncos still lost.

They played a stinker against a team that they spent all week talking about how important it was to get "revenge" and "win one for Manning".

If anything it makes me feel worse. Luck and the Colts played with heart and won a game they shouldn't. While the Broncos were favored and had the clear advantage on paper then proceeded to lose by making mental errors and play like crap. To a player we now know was severely injured.

"kicking and screaming" ... not quite yet.

That's what makes this game against KC all the more important. You know they are going to come in with the same hunger that Indy showed. They have nothing to lose at this point.

DoublePass
11-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Turns out Peyton didn't fare too well either. He came out of the game with a lacerated ego, bruised legacy, and 2 more abominable interceptions. Very Sad. :sad:

And a foot injury according to Vic Lombardi.

samparnell
11-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Football is a collision sport, especially at the pro level. All players don't make it through the season. Injuries are painful as is rehab which requires patience and self-discipline. I am always sorry to see players hurt so bad that they miss games. I wish Andrew Luck and all injured players a speedy recovery. :salute:

False Start
11-11-2015, 09:49 PM
That's one.....

Bates
11-12-2015, 06:33 AM

Imagine how banged up he would be if we weren't being held constantly?

MegaOrange
11-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Imagine how banged up he would be if we weren't being held constantly?

I have yet to see a Bronco player complain to a ref about being held. No Bronco player has publicly said a word about being held. Typically unless you are pulled to the ground you're not gonna get the call. So, this appears to be a chat board forum myth.

Sometimes you have to get the refs attention either by letting a guy take you to the ground or letting the ref know. I bet the Colts let the refs know the Broncos were pulling some shenanigans on field goal blocks. Those refs were looking for it.

Bates
11-12-2015, 09:14 AM
I have yet to see a Bronco player complain to a ref about being held. No Bronco player has publicly said a word about being held. Typically unless you are pulled to the ground you're not gonna get the call. So, this appears to be a chat board forum myth.

Sometimes you have to get the refs attention either by letting a guy take you to the ground or letting the ref know. I bet the Colts let the refs know the Broncos were pulling some shenanigans on field goal blocks. Those refs were looking for it.

BS. I watched the Bolts player get flagged for holding on a screen pass a second into the play. I watch our players get sat on and no holding flag thrown.

SinePari
11-15-2015, 02:20 PM

Not at all; rather, it has the opposite effect. Luck made some big plays even after that hit. Knowing that Denver's D couldn't stop him despite his injury makes me feel worse about that loss. Was the defense probably gassed? Yes, probably. But Luck was, literally, seriously injured and Denver's D couldn't capitalize.