PDA

View Full Version : Manziel demoted to third-string

Rastic
11-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Controversy and Manziel are practically synonymous so it isn't with much surprise that he's back in the news. What is surprising is the fallout that is short career is enduring as a result.

The once heralded first round pick of the Browns in 2012 was videoed partying during the Browns bye-week with a bottle of champagne. He entered rehab in early February for alcohol related problems. He left rehab in mid-April saying he was "a changed man". He released a statement that in part said:

I take full responsibility for my actions and it’s my intention to work very hard to regain everyone’s trust and respect. I understand that will take time and will only happen through what I do and not what I say.

Pettine said he considered just benching Manziel but instead busted him down to a 3rd stringer. Source (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587260/article/browns-name-mccown-starting-qb-demote-manziel)

I really hope this guy get's his act together. People like his that achieve big and disappoint even bigger can turn in to the worst train wrecks.

So. That didn't last long did it?

Browns are still first in line for the #1 pick next year. Manziel will probably be packing by then. What a waste.

Rancid
11-24-2015, 06:51 PM
We've seen this before. It is like a rotation; only they just call it 'discipline' over in Cleveland.

Kaldiron
11-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Welcome to Cleveland where QBs go to die. I feel bad for any QB selected that gets selected to play for Cleveland next year.

Peerless
11-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Manziel was never, and will never pan out in the NFL.

He's a party-boy, along the lines of a prep. He doesn't have discipline or mental discipline to study and grow (up).

Rastic
12-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Now that McCown is out with a broken clavicle what will Pettine do? Have your former 3rd string QB start, have your current 3rd string playboy who's in the dog house start, or look for a QB in FA?

If I'm a first round prospect in next year's draft I'm praying hard not to go to Cleveland.

Rancid
12-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Manziel was never, and will never pan out in the NFL.

He's a party-boy, along the lines of a prep. He doesn't have discipline or mental discipline to study and grow (up).

What's wrong with being a party boy? :laugh:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ElSVL0vKk8eUU/giphy.gif

Peerless
12-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Haha. I guess it's alright....when you're in college.