PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay to Perform at SB Halftime

Bronco51
12-03-2015, 03:22 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/coldplay-to-perform-at-super-bowl-halftime-show/ar-AAfZI8l?li=BBnbfcL

Not a fan of this. You either need T&A or some good rock n roll. This is neither. Thoughts?

InsaneBlaze23
12-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Once more won't be watching the half time....hell didn't even watch the game last season.

Rastic
12-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Coldplay is good for a dreary, rainy kind of afternoon.

ELWAY421
12-03-2015, 03:44 PM
The NFL needs to broaden the spectrum a little, how about some Metallica at least. :D

broncoslover115
12-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Love Coldplay. Looks like I'm in the minority.

Rancid
12-03-2015, 05:55 PM

I like them too. At least this is tolerable. Whomever is picking the halftime show needs to get canned. It is becoming a joke.

broncoslover115
12-03-2015, 06:22 PM
I like them too. At least this is tolerable. Whomever is picking the halftime show needs to get canned. It is becoming a joke.

Well I liked Bruno Mars too. That was the ONLY thing I liked at our SB!

DevilSpawn
12-03-2015, 06:23 PM
What channel is the Lingerie Bowl on?

EddieMac
12-03-2015, 07:07 PM
what channel is the lingerie bowl on?

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncoholic JS
12-03-2015, 07:18 PM
The NFL needs to broaden the spectrum a little, how about some Metallica at least. :D

Or some country, what about Garth Brooks or George Strait?

baphamet
12-03-2015, 07:32 PM

-K7fCQlUhj0

baphamet
12-03-2015, 07:34 PM
i don't care what the have at halftime i never watch it because its always GARBAGE. actually i wish it was the band garbage, better than any band they have and that's saying A LOT.

baphamet
12-03-2015, 07:38 PM

yeah, you would think it's all women that watch the NFL by the choices they make for the halftime show. nothing against women and the music they like, but what about music for us men? throw us a bone damnit! :D

broncoslover115
12-03-2015, 07:40 PM

God no. The only thing worse than country music is rap,

Rastic
12-03-2015, 07:58 PM
God no. The only thing worse than country music is rap,

Just imagine if Country and Rap got married and had a baby....<shudders>

broncoslover115
12-03-2015, 08:27 PM

I can't. And now I'm mad at you for putting that image in my head. Damn you!

#87Birdman
12-03-2015, 08:47 PM

Let it go
Let it go

:P

ELWAY421
12-03-2015, 09:09 PM

I'd prefer Hank Williams the Third over those two you mentioned. I'd be be cool with his dad though.

Spice 1
12-03-2015, 09:09 PM

Malmsteen, Black Star. Just tell him to skip the acoustic wankery. lol.

ELWAY421
12-03-2015, 09:10 PM
yeah, you would think it's all women that watch the NFL by the choices they make for the halftime show. nothing against women and the music they like, but what about music for us men? throw us a bone damnit! :D

I think they had Kiss play before the Broncos vs Falcons super bowl lol.

ELWAY421
12-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Malmsteen, Black Star. Just tell him to skip the acoustic wankery. lol.

He was in one of the Pantera home videos, Dime was trying to give him some donuts lol. He became quite angry with Dime.

broncoslover115
12-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Let it go
Let it go

:P

Now I'm never going to speak to you again. I see what you did there. lol

Spice 1
12-03-2015, 10:00 PM
He was in one of the Pantera home videos, Dime was trying to give him some donuts lol. He became quite angry with Dime.

lol. I can see how putting those two in the same room could be an issue. Super Ego vs Party Time Dime.

InsaneBlaze23
12-03-2015, 11:02 PM
God please no country. That Cowboys half time made me change the channel and didn't even bother changing it back to finish watching the game.

BroncosDivision
12-03-2015, 11:17 PM
I want Bruce Springsteen (with E Street Band) back!

AC/DC would be nice as well.

fallforward3y+
12-04-2015, 03:43 AM

If you turn around in my driveway I'll cap ya wit my rifle
I gotz wicked rims on my ride, my pick up is a low ridah
Sellin jinseng and slingin meth down da block
Bullets fire at ya leg if ya try and take my cash crop

Chillin on da front porch eatin bacon drinkin whisky
Checkin out Cousin Betty in a tube top gets me all frisky
Got green teeth from chewin tobacco, and gold teeth from my grillz
When it comes to handfishin, I gotz mad skillz

fallforward3y+
12-04-2015, 03:54 AM
Most of my favorite bands aren't likely to ever play at the Super Bowl since I'm more into metal music.

I would like to see Heart perform at the Super Bowl though, saw them on 11/21.

A few choices I could see happening that I'd like: Shinedown, Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Live, Celine Dion, Seether, Matt Nathanson and Santana(if he does some of his 00s duets).

I don't typically watch the halftime show anyhow though, so whoever they pick I'm ok with.

InsaneBlaze23
12-04-2015, 03:55 AM
I think they should get Myles Kennedy and Slash together.

fallforward3y+
12-04-2015, 03:55 AM
I want Bruce Springsteen (with E Street Band) back!

AC/DC would be nice as well.

TNT...Dynamite
TNT...I'll win that fight
TNT...I'm a power load!
TNT...watch me explode!

BroncosDivision
12-04-2015, 05:35 AM
Most of my favorite bands aren't likely to ever play at the Super Bowl since I'm more into metal music.

A few choices I could see happening that I'd like: Shinedown, Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Live, Celine Dion, Seether, Matt Nathanson and Santana(if he does some of his 00s duets).

I don't typically watch the halftime show anyhow though, so whoever they pick I'm ok with.

Dude, that's one of my favorite bands. Having them perform at a SB would be sick. What do you think of their new album?

Bronco51
12-04-2015, 05:40 AM
I think they should get Myles Kennedy and Slash together.

I would take this rumored Guns n Roses reunion, then after the Super Bowl they announce their world tour. Marketing at its best.

broncoslover115
12-04-2015, 05:45 AM

Ok, now you're talking. Heart, Matt Nathanson, Santana! :thumb:

Heart is amazing! They put on one hell of a show. Ever see Jason Mraz with his full brass and percussion sections behind him? Incredible. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Rancid
12-04-2015, 06:28 AM
Getting picked for the Superbowl halftime show is becoming quite comparable to being the fat kid picked last in playground dodge ball.

baphamet
12-11-2015, 02:35 AM
I think they had Kiss play before the Broncos vs Falcons super bowl lol.

i said music for us men! :laugh:

sorry, i had to....i can't stand kiss, just one of those bands that people love bit i do not.

baphamet
12-11-2015, 02:41 AM

Df-ab-wfEIk

baphamet
12-11-2015, 02:45 AM

what kind of metal do you like? you should check out our metal thread if you haven't yet, metal heads unite! :rockon: :D

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?225747-Heavy-Metal-Thread

Jermz79
12-11-2015, 07:49 AM

Uhhhh that is already a "thing" ... it's called Hick Hop

The original was Bubba Sparxxx, now you have others like Big Smo, The Lacs, Psycho Billy Cadillac, Ben "Coon Dog" Tice and many others ....

http://www.hickhopnation.com/

ELWAY421
12-11-2015, 10:47 AM
The Super Bowl is the prime opportunity to reunite the surviving members of Pantera. They play the Pantera song Walk at all of the stadiums anyway. Lol, I know there's zero chance of that happening, but that'd be sweet.

Spice 1
12-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Uhhhh that is already a "thing" ... it's called Hick Hop

The original was Bubba Sparxxx, now you have others like Big Smo, The Lacs, Psycho Billy Cadillac, Ben "Coon Dog" Tice and many others ....

http://www.hickhopnation.com/

Wouldn't older Kid Rock and Yellawolf also qualify?

What about this? Or does it not count, because they are both attempting to be R&B? I'm confused, because I still think it sux.

n3htOCjafTc

FL BRONCO
12-11-2015, 03:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD9G9tG7WXQ

FL BRONCO
12-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Well I had no idea who Coldplay was, so I went to you tube and pulled up 5 songs and tried, I will definitely not be watching this half time show at all.

Heart would be cool. I saw them in concert and Anne and Nancy did an acoustic version of Dog and Butterfly and it was Aaaaaawesome. Very talented and Classy ladies. Somehow don't think they would though. I would love to see them do their version of Stairway to Heaven.

Freyaka
12-11-2015, 05:28 PM

I'm right there with you! I'm hoping for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTFBJgnNgU4

Sky full of stars would be good as well. I kinda hope they don't play yellow, but they are coldplay, they are going to play at least part of yellow.

Freyaka
12-11-2015, 05:32 PM

I'd take Cold play over Black Eyed Peas, and several of the other lackluster bands they've had in recent years. Then again I listen to a whole lot of Coldplay....I'm a bit biased. TobyMac, Coldplay and Mumford and sons pretty much dominated my spotify listening this year.

Freyaka
12-11-2015, 05:34 PM

What are you saying, because I really like Coldplay I'm a woman?

Freyaka
12-11-2015, 05:41 PM

My favorite band will never play the superbowl because no one knows who they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeyiBKsYQXQ

Bronco51
12-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Well I had no idea who Coldplay was, so I went to you tube and pulled up 5 songs and tried, I will definitely not be watching this half time show at all.

Heart would be cool. I saw them in concert and Anne and Nancy did an acoustic version of Dog and Butterfly and it was Aaaaaawesome. Very talented and Classy ladies. Somehow don't think they would though. I would love to see them do their version of Stairway to Heaven.

Nice call on Heart doing Zeppelin. I see that and raise you The Black Crowes doing Zeppelin.

http://youtu.be/1PL5R25_9Ww

They could do,this song right here, drop the mic, and it would be better than Coldplay. And I like Coldplay, they're just not the testosterone rock the Super Bowl requires.

broncoslover115
12-11-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm right there with you! I'm hoping for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTFBJgnNgU4

Sky full of stars would be good as well. I kinda hope they don't play yellow, but they are coldplay, they are going to play at least part of yellow.

Thanks for this. Yeah, they'll have to play yellow to appease the audience.

broncoslover115
12-11-2015, 06:21 PM

Heart would be great too!

Rastic
12-11-2015, 07:01 PM
I'll see that and raise you Pat Benatar

http://youtu.be/0JRgHol94Xc

To be honest, I'd actually prefer Snow Patrol over Cold Play.

FL BRONCO
12-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Nice B51 cps when I reload, never heard that one yet and it was very cool. I will up that with Heart and Jason Bonham doing Stairway to Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk

FL BRONCO
12-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Nice Rastic, here is one of my favorites from Benatar with McBride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_cYW2X0Ato