PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 15 : 2015 Broncos vs Steelers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Elway
12-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Well Denver fans,

here we are in week 15 a 10-3 record and it appears other than the D we are in complete dissary.

We had a chance for the # 1 seed, and we Macked it away. How Kubes could not do something to better protect Oz I don't know. Then again how does the leagues tallest starting QB keep getting passes batted? How can you throw over a wide open Virgil Green and why do you hold on to the ball so long and are willing to take a sack instead of throwing it away? Of course the receivers have not helped as we are 7th in the league in dropped passes as of Sunday. If we weren't dropping passes, we were fumbling the ball away. :eek:

Last Sunday was a disaster, utter and complete. Now we get to go into Pitt to face the red hot Steelers. Some here may try to down play than but that offense has been on fire as of late.

The Broncos D is the only team this year not to give up 300 passing yards to a QB. Big Ben has thrown for over 300 yards in six of his last 9 games. (avg 332.1 ypg this season) The D will be tested. Our O-line will be tested as well, but then again they have been tested every week this year. Hopefully Michael (Turnstile) Schofield can play better this week, it would certainly be an effort to play worse.

The Steelers have scored 30 or more points in their last 5 games, are # 1 in offensive ypg and have 38 sacks this season (ranked 5th) In his four starts Brock has been sacked 14 times. They will be coming after Brock. The Steelers DC even came out and stated that Brock sometimes does not know where to go with the ball and holds on to it too long

We have KC closing the gap fast and we have not played our best ball. A win vs Pitt would do wonders for us. Can we win? Yes we have a chance. we need to make the most of it. If special teams and offense play like last week then it could be blow out city.

So how do we do in our 14th game of the season? Well in the last 10 years we have a 4 - 6 record. (2-6 in the last 8 years) All 4 wins were on the road. Of the 6 losses 3 were home, 3 on the road.

A positive note: We need the D to step up and over all they have: from the NFL: The Denver Broncos lead the NFL in scoring defense (17.3 PPG), total defense (272.5 YPG) and sacks (44) this season. Since team sacks were first tracked in 1964, no team has led the league in all three categories for a season. Denver is also No. 1 in pass defense (188.2 YPG).

The Steelers D is not up to par to some of their old D. They are 6th vs the run but 31st vs the pass (279 yds per game). If Brock has time, he will have a chance for some plays. We need to make sure we hold on to the ball.

This is a big time test for Brock and the offense. I hope they pass. Kubes needs to put the team in a better position to win. The Raiders made adjustments. Kubes coached as if we had a two TD lead.
This is a team that can be great, they showed flashes of it in the Green Bay game. I hope they show it again tomorrow.

WIn or lose... and I hate when we lose as much as anyone, we need to follow the COC. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ode-of-Conduct For a team with our record we are more divided than we should be. The mods were very active last Sunday to curb discussions that were becoming too heated and will be here again to keep watch. Thanks Mods.

Also thank you to all who post here and make these threads what they are. 99% of us here are Bronco fans and want the team to do well. It's just the details that mess us up. Wishing all a wonderful holiday and hope we get the gift of a "W" Go Broncos! :logo:

AZ Snake Fan
12-19-2015, 10:07 PM

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE stealerz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK big ben !!!

Broncos 42
stealerz 13

GO BRONCOS !!!

EddieMac
12-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Go broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peanut
12-19-2015, 10:19 PM
It's official ! It's game day!!

Go Broncos!!

Steeler fans and I have a common dislike for the Ravens. We high five each other when our teams play them (I'm talking strangers). This week, we're ignoring each other. :D

Elway
12-19-2015, 10:23 PM
It's official ! It's game day!!

Go Broncos!!

Steeler fans and I have a common dislike for the Ravens. We high five each other when our teams play them (I'm talking strangers). This week, we're ignoring each other. :D

Sounds like a good strategy Peanut :)

darth-hideous
12-19-2015, 10:47 PM
GO Broncos!!!

assassin216
12-19-2015, 11:38 PM
I hope the team is taking offense that people are acting like the Broncos is going to get blown out by the Steelers....The Steelers are a good team,but folks act like their defense is good ,especially their secondary.On top of that,the Broncos beaten two high powered offense,so far this year and I have a feeling this won't be any different....If the Steelers win then I will be wrong.

100%Broncoholic
12-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Originally born in PA. Grew up in Steeler's Land.... I've been to Heinz Field and seen Jay Cutler and Javon Walker destroy the steelers. Today, I want to see Brock and Em destroy them.

Here is to a healthy game on both ends with the Broncos victorious.

andrewmlb
12-20-2015, 06:46 AM
Go broncos!

MileHigh Salute
12-20-2015, 07:17 AM
Go Broncos! Let's show them how to play real mile high football, not what we saw last game.

For many reasons we need this game. I hope we come out big and shut the commentators up. Right now I would say we are supposed to get stomped 40-10 based on commentary. I hope the Orange and Blue plays a complete, efficient and effective game and rolls out of there with a W. I saw one there with Plummer and Javon Walker. Let's do the same.

I am worried about how banged up we are at safety, but I pray we can overcome it

bronco30
12-20-2015, 07:54 AM
imo in order to win today offense going to need to finally show up 27-30 points. no turnovers, run the ball 150+yds, be good on 3rd down n TD's in the red zone..

we need to own the clock give the D some rest vs that high powered offense they have n I really pray if or when our OT's struggle give them some help unlike last week...

Dan the Denver Fan
12-20-2015, 08:07 AM
I'll be at the game in Pittsburgh.

Follow me @denverrdan for pictures. Hope to be meeting up with Taz there as well.

kev5ifty6
12-20-2015, 08:07 AM
Anyone watching NFL Network? What they saying bout Manning not wanting to be Brocks backup

assassin216
12-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Anyone watching NFL Network? What they saying bout Manning not wanting to be Brocks backup

Here is a link for anyone who wants to see it

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000604835/Irvin-It-s-mind-boggling-to-think-Manning-would-quit

bronco30
12-20-2015, 08:38 AM

yah I saw it & IF its true that Peyton doesn't want to be the back up I totally agree w/ everything they said.

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 08:41 AM

So just think about this for a minute. If you were in Manning's shoes, would you, as a first ballot HOFer, and 5 time MVP want to be a backup? Come on now. Would you? Really? Would you?

When Tom Brady got pulled last year during the KC game, there was a question as to whether Jimmy G would play the next game instead of Brady. There were all kinds of scenarios and talk about Brady being Jimmy G's back up. The talk was insane up here in Boston. Brady got pissed because people were thinking he was going to be a backup. He couldn't fathom the idea. It made him mad and he came out firing the rest of the season.

No starter wants to be a backup. That's a fact. These guys are ego maniacs. They are competitive. They have given their bodies, their time, their everything to play in the NFL. Manning has done everything he could to overcome 4 freaking neck surgeries. He doesn't want to be a freaking backup. Why the hell would he? Being a back up is a huge freaking blow to his ego. It would be a huge freaking blow to your ego if it were you.

Think about your job in real life. I don't know what you do for a living. But think about how you would feel if some new hot shot walked in and took over and all of a sudden, you got demoted to second fiddle. It would sting, it would hurt, and I'm sure you and I would have all kinds of feelings about it.

Whether he wants to be a back up or not, he may have to. But he doesn't have to WANT it. He doesn't have to LIKE it. Asking him to WANT to and LIKE it is just not in the realm of possibility.

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Alll riiiiight!!!!!Lets gooooooooooo Broncoooooooooooos!!!!!

Please no injuries.

I look forward to seeing Brock throw multiple tds and BB looking up at Miller and Ware:salute:

qbronco
12-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Go Broncos

Jaws
12-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Busy day. Hoping it quietens down in time for the game.
Go Broncos!

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 09:14 AM
And there you go...,Elway just tweeted that the report saying Manning not wanting to be Brock's backup is absolutely false and Manning NEVER said any such thing.

qbronco
12-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know if the "Terrible Towels" are ultra-absorbant???

There might be a lot of tears today! :)

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 09:33 AM
And there you go...,Elway just tweeted that the report saying Manning not wanting to be Brock's backup is absolutely false and Manning NEVER said any such thing.

Not saying Peyton did say this but, the fact Elway denies it was said doesn't mean a lot... It could just be damage control.

I suppose all these reporters are just making things up out of thin air? Yeah I guess it's possible but, I also think it's possible there are sources leaking this stuff. This kind of stuff seems to surround Manning. Hmmmmmmm.

I don't blame him for not wanting to be a back up. I do blame him if he's leaking stuff to the press through his "camp". That's just distracting and destructive when this team is trying to secure a play off position. I will with hold my judgment till I know more but, I'm not convinced this stuff isn't being leaked to the press by Manning's camp.

This is a game thread so Go Broncos!! We really need to win today!
I am very nervous about this game!!!

Spice 1
12-20-2015, 09:39 AM
If Stewart can't go today, that's going to suck. No Ward and no Bolden either. Not exactly the best game to be decimated at the safety position. Could be Bruton and Bush. Hope Ware looks good today. The front 7 in general. Hope Wolfe continues to play well.

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Not saying Peyton did say this but, the fact Elway denies it was said doesn't mean a lot... It could just be damage control.

I suppose all these reporters are just making things up out of thin air? Yeah I guess it's possible but, I also think it's possible there are sources leaking this stuff. This kind of stuff seems to surround Manning. Hmmmmmmm.

I don't blame him for not wanting to be a back up. I do blame him if he's leaking stuff to the press through his "camp". That's just distracting and destructive when this team is trying to secure a play off position. I will with hold my judgment till I know more but, I'm not convinced this stuff isn't being leaked to the press by Manning's camp.

This is a game thread so Go Broncos!! We really need to win today!
I am very nervous about this game!!!

OK, let's say he did say he doesn't want to be a backup. I want to hear the context then. Was it in a conversation where he said, of course I wish I was healthy enough to be a starter because I don't want to be a backup. That's not a big deal in my opinion.

Or did he say, if Brock goes out I REFUSE to be his backup. That is a completely different thing. If he said that, then I've lost all respect for him and I think he should be cut.

And as I wrote earlier, what starter in the NFL WANTS to be a backup. Come on, get real. None of them do. Not wanting to be a backup and REFUSING to be a backup are two entirely different things.

So instead of me rushing to judgement, I want to hear the ENTIRE story. I want to hear the context before I make a judgement about what he said.

And why would he want to leak something like this. If he did say that he is refusing to be a backup, do you know how bad that looks for him? Doesn't make sense to me at all. And yeah, the media NEVER misrepresents anything. Just ask Marshawn Lynch.

MarkB
12-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atwnbroncfan
12-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Big game for Brock IMO. We need the offense to start to carry the weight some. Brock is now over the 4 start hump. This is usually when the game starts to slow down for young QBs.

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 09:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWN8cNNaV_k

Don't listen to the players names lol

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 09:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0UOxrcS2Q

This was magic!!

LSIGRAD09
12-20-2015, 09:57 AM
So just think about this for a minute. If you were in Manning's shoes, would you, as a first ballot HOFer, and 5 time MVP want to be a backup? Come on now. Would you? Really? Would you?

When Tom Brady got pulled last year during the KC game, there was a question as to whether Jimmy G would play the next game instead of Brady. There were all kinds of scenarios and talk about Brady being Jimmy G's back up. The talk was insane up here in Boston. Brady got pissed because people were thinking he was going to be a backup. He couldn't fathom the idea. It made him mad and he came out firing the rest of the season.

No starter wants to be a backup. That's a fact. These guys are ego maniacs. They are competitive. They have given their bodies, their time, their everything to play in the NFL. Manning has done everything he could to overcome 4 freaking neck surgeries. He doesn't want to be a freaking backup. Why the hell would he? Being a back up is a huge freaking blow to his ego. It would be a huge freaking blow to your ego if it were you.

Think about your job in real life. I don't know what you do for a living. But think about how you would feel if some new hot shot walked in and took over and all of a sudden, you got demoted to second fiddle. It would sting, it would hurt, and I'm sure you and I would have all kinds of feelings about it.

Whether he wants to be a back up or not, he may have to. But he doesn't have to WANT it. He doesn't have to LIKE it. Asking him to WANT to and LIKE it is just not in the realm of possibility.

Pretty much.

Grandpa
12-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Just like the talking heads on the network news shows, the talking heads on NFLNetwork and ESPN -- while being (for the most part) former players with insights into the game that non-players will NEVER have -- are still just like their news counterparts ..... talking heads filling air time. THE John Elway is correct; Manning never said that ... Michael Irvin said it in response to an (as usual) vague and unsupported Ian Rapoport set-piece; and Irvin's fellow talking heads treated it as "gospel," throwing in their wooden nickels to fill more air time and create ripples to try and sell as tsunamis.

Appears that "if it's on the internet it must be true" has expanded to include "if it's on NFLNetwork it must be true." Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm just not that gullible; I tried to be, but I couldn't make it work.

80stheman
12-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!

Grandpa
12-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!
:salute: We all know that steel will melt if you subject it to high enough heat. Time to light the burners, folks!

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know if the "Terrible Towels" are ultra-absorbant???

There might be a lot of tears today! :)

They better be cause we are about to pee on their parade:salute::salute::salute:

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0UOxrcS2Q

This was magic!!

I always loved playing Taylor throughout the years, he was one of the best players we had:thumb:

JakeNbake
12-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Let's go BRONCOS!

bronco30
12-20-2015, 10:56 AM
up hill battle today on the road offense has to show up big today & help this defense out a big return or 2 would help also...

go ravens 49ers & go titans shock the world beat NE

Grandpa
12-20-2015, 10:56 AM
They better be cause we are about to pee on their parade:salute::salute::salute:
One of my favorite pastimes as a Broncos fan .... peeing on everyone else's parade. :salute:

gtown53
12-20-2015, 11:04 AM
The biggest game of BROCK OSWEILER'S young NFL life. This is it for Brock. A lot hangs in the balance for Brock's future as a Bronco.

This is as close as you can come to a Playoff game in the regular season.

Expectations?

A successful "vertical" game. Smart, quick decisions. Precise passes to wide open receivers in the end zone. Successful "running/scrambling" to slow the Pass Rush.

And more than anything else, A WIN. And nothing less.

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Expecting a big game from Sanders, first time he is back in Pitt since he became a Bronco. Go ES:salute:

bronco30
12-20-2015, 11:16 AM
The biggest game of BROCK OSWEILER'S young NFL life. This is it for Brock. A lot hangs in the balance for Brock's future as a Bronco.

This is as close as you can come to a Playoff game in the regular season.

Expectations?

A successful "vertical" game. Smart, quick decisions. Precise passes to wide open receivers in the end zone. Successful "running/scrambling" to slow the Pass Rush.

And more than anything else, A WIN. And nothing less.

yep a lot hinges all this o-line can we protect and open some running lanes need to keep their offense on the bench as much as possible...

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 11:19 AM
I think we come firing on all cylinders today. No one picked us to win today. Play with a big chip on your shoulders guys and kick some butt.

Sam_Z
12-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Big game for Brock IMO. We need the offense to start to carry the weight some. Brock is now over the 4 start hump. This is usually when the game starts to slow down for young QBs.

No doubt and I agree but Gary Kubiak needs to have more faith in him and let him take more shots down the field. I know he threw the ball more than 50 times last week but it seemed like a bunch of short fade routes.

They need to trust him to go deep down the field in order to stretch the field and help the running game.

I just hope this isnt one of those games were the broncos come out and get nothing going and just think it up all day.

gtown53
12-20-2015, 11:26 AM
No doubt and I agree but Gary Kubiak needs to have more faith in him and let him take more shots down the field. I know he threw the ball more than 50 times last week but it seemed like a bunch of short fade routes.

They need to trust him to go deep down the field in order to stretch the field and help the running game.

I just hope this isnt one of those games were the broncos come out and get nothing going and just think it up all day.

If the Broncos are going to be successful today, they are going to have to make Pittsburgh pay for putting everybody on the line to stop the run as Oakland did last week. Unfortunately, up to now brock has been off-target with his long passes. And correct me if I'm mistaken, but he is getting 3 or 4 opportunities per game. He has been over throwing his receivers, so far. I expect that to change today. It has to if we are going to have a chance.

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Just like the talking heads on the network news shows, the talking heads on NFLNetwork and ESPN -- while being (for the most part) former players with insights into the game that non-players will NEVER have -- are still just like their news counterparts ..... talking heads filling air time. THE John Elway is correct; Manning never said that ... Michael Irvin said it in response to an (as usual) vague and unsupported Ian Rapoport set-piece; and Irvin's fellow talking heads treated it as "gospel," throwing in their wooden nickels to fill more air time and create ripples to try and sell as tsunamis.

Appears that "if it's on the internet it must be true" has expanded to include "if it's on NFLNetwork it must be true." Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm just not that gullible; I tried to be, but I couldn't make it work.

I personally think the truth lies somewhere in the gray areas. To me it's sort of gullible to think everything behind the scenes is all rosy and cooperative. My guess is Manning isn't happy.. Does that mean anything.. Not really. He's in a tough year and things aren't going the way it normally does for him, bound to be some negative emotions involved somehow.
I do not think anyone is stupid or gullible for perhaps thinking where's there's smoke there is fire. I don't think anyone is saying there's a massive inferno or anything at this point. I'm just saying there could be some truth in these reports, doesn't mean I think they are gospel.

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 11:38 AM
I think we come firing on all cylinders today. No one picked us to win today. Play with a big chip on your shoulders guys and kick some butt.

Nonsense, I did:thumb::laugh::beer:

gtown53
12-20-2015, 11:41 AM
I personally think the truth lies somewhere in the gray areas. To me it's sort of gullible to think everything behind the scenes is all rosy and cooperative. My guess is Manning isn't happy.. Does that mean anything.. Not really. He's in a tough year and things aren't going the way it normally does for him, bound to be some negative emotions involved somehow.
I do not think anyone is stupid or gullible for perhaps thinking where's there's smoke there is fire. I don't think anyone is saying there's a massive inferno or anything at this point. I'm just saying there could be some truth in these reports, doesn't mean I think they are gospel.

After last weeks "setback", it has become clear that Manning is too injured to play. So, that makes Siemian as Osweiler's backup. SHOULD Manning be healthy enough to play, and Osweiler has enough success to keep him in the starting lineup, then we'll have a story. So, there is no "smoke" because there is no "fire". I believe that is what Elway is saying.

It's completely presumptuous to say that Manning will, some day down the road, be osweiler's backup, because we aren't there yet. So, to me it's just a load of guano.

FL BRONCO
Truth to what though? That he doesn't want to be a back up? Big deal. What starter would.

Or that he is REFUSING to be a backup. There has been zero report that he's refusing so what are they saying? That's what I want to know.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/John-Elway-denies-that-Manning-doesnt-want-to-be-Broncos-backup-42173735

Actually that is what Rappaport did say, he said if PFM was healthy he would not be holding a clip board and backing up

I don't buy it myself

KansasKrista
Truth to what though? That he doesn't want to be a back up? Big deal. What starter would.

Or that he is REFUSING to be a backup. There has been zero report that he's refusing so what are they saying? That's what I want to know.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/John-Elway-denies-that-Manning-doesnt-want-to-be-Broncos-backup-42173735

I don't think Manning would outright refuse to be a back up. He may make his unhappiness well known though.

I think it's obvious the media is trying to stir up controversy.

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Very stoked about this game, can't wait. I'm very excited finding it hard to sit still

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 11:43 AM
The Ravens are doing the Broncos no favors today. They are making bone headed decisions and it looks like they are handing the game to KC

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 11:48 AM
I am feeling an up and down game today with the Broncos coming out on top.

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 11:49 AM
The Ravens are doing the Broncos no favors today. They are making bone headed decisions and it looks like they are handing the game to KC

21-7? Holy smokes Batman? Who is the Raven's QB these days?

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 11:52 AM

Well the Ravens went for it on their own 20 yard line on a 4th and 9. Of course they didn't get it and gave the Chiefs the ball in the red zone basically. Don't quote me on exact numbers there but, that's pretty much what happened. Ugghhhhh

Atwnbroncfan
12-20-2015, 11:54 AM

Thats what happens when your 4th stringers are playing.

We need to stop worrying about other teams. If the Broncos just do their part they don't need to worry about the Chiefs.

LSIGRAD09
12-20-2015, 11:56 AM

Jimmy Clausen.

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 12:04 PM
It was a fake punt the Ravens tried on a 4th and 9. I got confused cause I was only half watching the game while wrapping Christmas presents.
I just saw the replay.
Either way it was bone headed.

KC has the feel of a team about to make a major play off run.

nickmeyer
12-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Seems like the Patriots always have an easy schedule.

Bates
12-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Pats* will win. KC will win. Seems like the kind of day when we lose.

Bates
12-20-2015, 12:28 PM
I think OBJ took some lessons from DT this week. He's dropping everything.

brianmcfarlane
12-20-2015, 12:32 PM
The Steelers have the 2nd worst pass defense - yards per game - statistically, only the Giants are worse. They give up 7.8 yards per pass play, just 6 teams give up more. The Broncos should be able to pass against them as long as we can pass protect decently. Pitt does rank 6th in rush defense - yards per game -, they give up 3.8 yards per attempt, which isn't bad ... Broncos give up 3.3 and rank 1st in that category. Relatively, Pitt isn't ran on that much; only 5 teams have less rush attempts against them, likely because Pitt is prolific in scoring points causing teams to abandon the run, similar to the Patriots when we played them. Considering that, we need to not abandon the run even if it isn't looking good at first, need to stay balanced, control the ball, limit/eliminate mistakes and the Broncos will have a decent chance to keep this game winnable. We have an excellent defense and should be able to slow Pitt's offense, hopefully enough for a win ... Broncos have been winning on the road; Broncos squeak by today 23-20 late TD to get a win.

:goz:

gtown53
12-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Claussen just threw a hail mary touchdown with no time in the 1st half of the Kansas City-Baltimore game to get within 10 of KC. Anybody see that? It was .............. wonderful. ha ha

JJBroncoFan
12-20-2015, 12:36 PM

Like Michael Irving said in the video though, there's a big gap between everything you said and threatening to quit. I don't believe this crap though, Peyton wouldn't say that. Look, say all you want about the player but the character assassination stuff gets old. He is a classy guy so I can't believe this, it would truly be mind boggling if true.

assassin216
12-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Seems like the Patriots always have an easy schedule.

I wish folks stop saying a certain team have an easy schedule ,when it's not their fault their competition is sorry

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 12:44 PM
Like Michael Irving said in the video though, there's a big gap between everything you said and threatening to quit. I don't believe this crap though, Peyton wouldn't say that. Look, say all you want about the player but the character assassination stuff gets old. He is a classy guy so I can't believe this, it would truly be mind boggling if true.

Right. I wrote this before I saw the link. Also saw the story written by Mile High Report and it quoted Rappaport saying, "Manning never said he would refuse the role of backup."

I too get sick of the character assassination and to be honest, it's the one thing I try to stand up to. I never have defended his poor play and can't, there is no defense, but it bothers me to no end the constant attack on his character and his integrity.

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Right. I wrote this before I saw the link. Also saw the story written by Mile High Report and it quoted Rappaport saying, "Manning never said he would refuse the role of backup."

I too get sick of the character assassination and to be honest, it's the one thing I try to stand up to. I never have defended his poor play and can't, there is no defense, but it bothers me to no end the constant attack on his character and his integrity.

Character assisination is a little strong. I don't believe the media circus.. But, even if it were true refusing to play back up QB is not something that should be considered terribly harmful to ones character or reputation. Yes, Bronco fans would be angry about it but, the rest of the world wouldn't care. It wouldn't affect his legacy or reputation to the vast majority of the public.

I have changed my mind about it all since joining this thread earlier. I now think it's much ado about nothing. And just a way to kick up some dirt.

DEN4EVER
12-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Denver : 24
Steelers : 17

Den wins by a late TD drive at the end to seal it. Think it's a low scoreing game till the 4th QTR

Brock goes for 250+yards + a INT
Rushers combine for 100+

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Denver : 24
Steelers : 17

Den wins by a late TD drive at the end to seal it. Think it's a low scoreing game till the 4th QTR

Brock goes for 250+yards + a INT
Rushers combine for 100+

Sounds good I hope you are right.
My cynical side is telling me it will be more like..
Pitt- 24
Den-17.

My over reacting, sick to my stomach,
the sky is falling side tells me it will be more like..
Pitt-38
Den-14

DEN4EVER
12-20-2015, 01:04 PM
Looked like a nicely designed Hail Mary. The two wideouts kinda picked those defenders and Aiken just ran in behind em and cought the pass. I couldn't help but cheer. Although still kinda salty bout Balt beating is in the playoffs, but all would be forgotten with a KC loss + Denver win

Mainrnxile
12-20-2015, 01:04 PM
Good luck to the Broncos this afternoon! I'd prefer the Steelers not participate in the post season.

River Side
12-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Hope the receiving core is all wide awake.. we drop at the same rate, it'll b a long night..

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Woody Paige thinks we lose today and win the rematch in the playoffs.

What say you?

Finn
12-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Broncos 19-14.

cmc0605
12-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Denver just signed a homeless guy in Pittsburgh to play safety. So we're set.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Gameday-Inactives-vs-PIT-Safeties-stretched-thin/f6a0dd14-3ee8-4233-a63d-e7d9c81ee988

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Character assisination is a little strong. I don't believe the media circus.. But, even if it were true refusing to play back up QB is not something that should be considered terribly harmful to ones character or reputation. Yes, Bronco fans would be angry about it but, the rest of the world wouldn't care. It wouldn't affect his legacy or reputation to the vast majority of the public.

I have changed my mind about it all since joining this thread earlier. I now think it's much ado about nothing. And just a way to kick up some dirt.

No it's not. It's been going on around here since he became a Bronco. I submitted a post that listed all the things people on these boards have said about his character since he's been here. No need to dredge it up again but believe me, there have been many, many things said about his character.

2 Minute Warning
12-20-2015, 01:14 PM
:logo:Go DENVER BRONCOS GO!!!:logo:
:logo::logo:

And Merry Christmas to all!!
:logo:

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:16 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/1604790_10153460862808271_4449023804074548491_n.jp g?oh=eda4b37356cc982bf08279a1666f6454&oe=56DACAFF

Look who is there. For those who say he doesn't travel.

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 01:20 PM
No it's not. It's been going on around here since he became a Bronco. I submitted a post that listed all the things people have said about his character since he's been here. No need to dredge it up again but believe me, there have been many, many things said about his character.

I was merely responding to the idea the media is trying to harm Manning's reputation or besmirch his character by suggesting he is refusing to play back up. And all the comments surrounding that by Bronco fans. That's all.

I was simply saying even if it were true he refused to play back up QB to Brock Osweiller, it should not affect his reputation or character. And the vast majority of people wouldn't care one bit. That's all.

DEN4EVER
12-20-2015, 01:22 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/1604790_10153460862808271_4449023804074548491_n.jp g?oh=eda4b37356cc982bf08279a1666f6454&oe=56DACAFF

+1

Love pics at the game before it starts. Feel like we get the inside track at the game.

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 01:22 PM

Nice picture.

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:27 PM
Carolina is such a dirty team!

Josh Norman should be ejected, guy is throwing blows on the field.

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 01:33 PM
:logo:Go DENVER BRONCOS GO!!!:logo:
:logo::logo:

And Merry Christmas to all!!
:logo:

Merry Christmas

Nuts4koi
12-20-2015, 01:39 PM

Not handing. Just handed it to them with a pick 6.:sad:

cmc0605
12-20-2015, 01:40 PM
KC ran away against Baltimore, going to have to do our job.

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 01:40 PM
The Chiefs are getting way too cocky.

Most people around here who are Chiefs fans think they will win the division.

LSIGRAD09
12-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Carolina is such a dirty team!

Josh Norman should be ejected, guy is throwing blows on the field.

Heck no. OBJ is a child. Great hands, small mind.

Bates
12-20-2015, 01:42 PM
The Chiefs are getting way too cocky.

Most people around here who are Chiefs fans think they will win the division.
And just think. If Smith goes down the team crumbles lol.

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:43 PM
I would love to get the chance at KC in the playoffs. Ending their season would be so nice!!

Bates
12-20-2015, 01:43 PM

It's on both of them.

LSIGRAD09
12-20-2015, 01:46 PM
It's on both of them.

To a degree yes. But Norman isn't doing a drive by on the head.

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Just wanted to write if Denver loses today the panic is really going to set in.

A well coached team can use difficult, challenging, pressure filled situations to elevate the play. I'm just not entirely sure we have a well coached team.

If Denver loses today I predict they will lose the division. Man someone talk me off the ledge.

I've been sick about this game all morning!!

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:49 PM

OBJ needs to get his mind right. He is by no means innocent. The league has to do something about this. Behavior like this on the field is not right. Aikman even said it makes the game look bad.

LASERLIPS
12-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Chiefs have not beaten a winning team who also possessed a healthy starting QB yet this year. Just saying.

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:50 PM
To a degree yes. But Norman isn't doing a drive by on the head.

Norman ran by with a blatant kick to OBJ. That is not right.

Atwnbroncfan
12-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Seriously people. Stop worrying about the Chiefs. If we can't beat the Bengals and Chargers at home we have no business winning the division.

Nuts4koi
12-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Just wanted to write if Denver loses today the panic is really going to set in.

A well coached team can use difficult, challenging, pressure filled situations to elevate the play. I'm just not entirely sure we have a well coached team.

If Denver loses today I predict they will lose the division. Man someone talk me off the ledge.

I've been sick about this game all morning!!

Even if we lose today (Which we won't!) we will not lose the division. Just gotta have a little faith.

MileHigh Salute
12-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Who the hell is playing the safety positions today????? This is worrisome

LSIGRAD09
12-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Norman ran by with a blatant kick to OBJ. That is not right.

OBJ needs to get his mind right. He is by no means innocent. The league has to do something about this. Behavior like this on the field is not right. Aikman even said it makes the game look bad.

Fair enough. Refs should have done more to control the game.

Broncoholic JS
Chiefs have not beaten a winning team who also possessed a healthy starting QB yet this year. Just saying.

They are also a streaking team. One loss sometime soon could make the wheels fall off.

KansasKrista
Seriously people. Stop worrying about the Chiefs. If we can't beat the Bengals and Chargers at home we have no business winning the division.

Call me silly but, I would prefer to win the division even if we limp into it by the Chiefs losing the next two games.

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Who the hell is playing the safety positions today????? This is worrisome

ANYONE but Dre Bly please. LOL

LASERLIPS
12-20-2015, 01:54 PM
ANYONE but Dre Bly please. LOL

Dre Bly. Such bad memories.

ebsoria
Okay.... almost game time!!

Broncoholic JS
DRC with the block on the FG!!!

LASERLIPS
12-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Eli just pooped the bed.

Atwnbroncfan
12-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Call me silly but, I would prefer to win the division even if we limp into it by the Chiefs losing the next two games.

That means we are playing some pretty crappy football, and means a likely WC weekend loss at home.

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Dre Bly. Such bad memories.

Sure are. Very bad memories.

Broncoholic JS
12-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Eli just pooped the bed.

The panic and happy feet lead to interceptions. Just throw the ball away.

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 01:58 PM
What is it with Mannings this season and making bonehead mistakes, Eli throwing a stupid pass just when they had a chance for interception

Wow Giants recover fumbel first thing in Carolinas end both teams trying to give game away

sheenabobeena
12-20-2015, 01:59 PM
ok Eli don't mess it up this time

LASERLIPS
12-20-2015, 02:00 PM
Giants have a pulse.

VADER72
12-20-2015, 02:01 PM
We are going to get unloaded on

Atwnbroncfan
12-20-2015, 02:02 PM

More than likely. This is the week the offenses inability to score TDs catches up with them.

LASERLIPS
12-20-2015, 02:03 PM
I think our defense can hold Steelers under 30 points. But with our offense being unable to produce touchdowns, it could be a long day.

ebsoria
12-20-2015, 02:03 PM

have some optimism.

Justblaze2729
12-20-2015, 02:05 PM
Broncos got this, easyyyyy work.

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 02:05 PM
That means we are playing some pretty crappy football, and means a likely WC weekend loss at home.

Sure I get your point and it's well taken. I just would rather win the division even if it means winning it because KC loses the next two games.

Of course I want to win the division because Denver goes undefeated the next three games.. That would be the ideal. But if the Broncos do slip up I would still rather win the division than go in as a WC team or not at all.. Even if that means it's because we got lucky and the Chiefs dropped a game.

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 02:07 PM

Nonsense they will be crying in their towels by the 4th you can bank on it

ebsoria
12-20-2015, 02:08 PM

I hope so! That Steeler jersey on Monday is gonna burn and hurt if we lose... :sad:

TH3JUICEMAN
12-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Let's go Broncos! Praying the offense comes out on fire and plays hard for a full 60. Otherwise it could get ugly.

KansasKrista
12-20-2015, 02:10 PM

You are very optimistic.

Chrissy
12-20-2015, 02:12 PM
I always hated that color yellow..lol

ebsoria
12-20-2015, 02:12 PM
I always hated that color yellow..lol

Espciacially in the snow.... :eek:

LASERLIPS
12-20-2015, 02:13 PM
Is Stewart playing today?

Nuts4koi
12-20-2015, 02:13 PM
You are very optimistic.

You have to be. We got this. :D

HDbroncos02
12-20-2015, 02:14 PM
LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

It will be a good one. I have faith that Osweiler will bounce back and help us win the game.

Our defense has a big task in defending against a streaking Steelers offense which features arguably the most dangerous trio of receivers in Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Markus Wheaton. BUT our defense has always stepped up when given a chance. I expect Von Miller to have a big day.

Broncos 24-17

Broncos_man23
12-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Is Stewart playing today?

Unfortunately not

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Giants tie it wwwwooooowww

cmc0605
12-20-2015, 02:18 PM
oh snap, Giants tied

Atwnbroncfan
12-20-2015, 02:19 PM
OBJ really trying to cost his team the game with his antics. Surprised he didn't get a taunting call after that TD.

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Norman gives it up to OBJ when it counts

broncoslover115
12-20-2015, 02:21 PM
They just called Os "Check Down Charley" on CBS! :laugh:

Said he's gotta open it up!

Broncos_man23
12-20-2015, 02:22 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/centerpiece/homepage/2015/12-December/151220_inactivesPIT.jpg (http://www.dazzlejunction.com/generators/image-generator.php)

cmc0605
12-20-2015, 02:24 PM
lol Giants blew it

gtown53
12-20-2015, 02:25 PM
It's all on Brock. Will he be able to "carry" this offense? We will see.

Frenchy180
Let's do this boys!

LASERLIPS
Is Bruton playing?

AZ Snake Fan

Go Broncos !!!

FL BRONCO
12-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Here we goooooooo, comn D

Frenchy180
Is Bruton playing?

it sounds like it...

roushmartin6
Well that didn't take long

ArchAngel
12-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Jeez, our safties are going to get destroyed here.

captainbronco
Jesus our safties are decimated

JJBroncoFan
Wolfe getting on it early nice

Fargo
12-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Let's go team! :logo:

Frenchy180
Wolfe is going to get paid big... ugh

Frenchy180
He was down!

roushmartin6
Clearly down but don't waste a challenge

Nuts4koi
I thought a forearm and elbow down means the runner is down.

ebsoria
12-20-2015, 02:29 PM
I thought a forearm and elbow down means the runner is down.

What about the ball tuching ground?

Chrissy
elbow down and he gets extra yardage? alrighty then

LASERLIPS
Bush needs to have the game of his life.

captainbronco
Cmon pass rush get there

Frenchy180
Clearly down but don't waste a challenge

a won challenge isn't a wasted challenge...

JJBroncoFan
12-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Trevathan has been balling as well, free agency will be tough on us

LASERLIPS
nice tackle by Trev

Frenchy180
Good job defense! let's keep it up

roushmartin6
Great work defense

gtown53
Is Demarcus Ware available?

captainbronco
There we go D make him check down

BroncoFan03
Who are our starting safety's ?

Frenchy180
12-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Is Demarcus Ware available?

Yes he is...

LASERLIPS
Why is our ST's so horrid?

captainbronco
Lets go Brock Lobster

JJBroncoFan
Okay offense let's get going early here, get the run game going.

roushmartin6
Time to start bailing out Pitt

Elway
OK Brock show us something.

ArchAngel
Damn, already in a hole.

JJBroncoFan
Who are our starting safety's ?

Keo and Bush

broncoslover115
Why can't we EVER have a punt without a freaking penalty? God!

LSIGRAD09
Not a Denver game unless we have the worst field position.

canadiansbronco
12-20-2015, 02:32 PM
If it's between brock and a couple defensive guys we keep the defense intact right ? Please....

captainbronco
Why is our ST's so horrid?

The STs has been neglected for years

gtown53
Buried again. No Safetys, Brock!

odiesback
First penalty against us!

Great stop to set the tone.
Time for offense to make a statement after last week disaster.

BroncoFan03
Keo and Bush
Thank you
10 char

ArchAngel
If we go 3 and out, Pitt will start at or near mid-field.

broncoslover115
Not a Denver game unless we have the worst field position.

Unbelievable! Always a penalty. Makes me nuts!

LASERLIPS
12-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Need at least a couple of 1st downs here. Can't be punting from end zone

Bootleg
Great back to back plays made by Trevathan to stop that drive. Let's hope the offensive unit can come out and do something positive early.

outofstatefan
Holding on a fair catch? C'mon guys!

nickmeyer
This is why I was mad when we didn't draft Locket

roushmartin6
12-20-2015, 02:34 PM
a won challenge isn't a wasted challenge...

It is if you lose the 2nd and need the third

Justblaze2729
Booooo that man!

Frenchy180
Ronnie gonna Ronnie

Colem9r
Hillman starting to fumble the ball again

odiesback
Noooooooo... Can't believe it

Broncosfan#307
Oh hillman...And so it begins...

roushmartin6
Sick of Hillman, for every one good play he does stupid crap like this

one_bad_55
really. That is exactly what we needed

Atwnbroncfan
Good job Hillman

nickmeyer
OMG is C.J. Out again

Nuts4koi
Here we go with fumble fingers again.

cmc0605
lol offense.

LASERLIPS
Welp. Here we go sucking on offense again.

canadiansbronco
Starting early i see......

This is starting to kill me....

ArchAngel
Hell, that was even worse!

FL BRONCO
horrible ball handling by hillman

JJBroncoFan
Freaking Hillman

HurricaneDovs
12-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Friggin great. 2nd dang offensive play.

dandaman23
Well that's not good

LSIGRAD09
Oh boy.....

captainbronco
We need better running backs

Fargo
That was ugly.

Elway
Yup that is our Broncos.

L.M.
SMH! Finally get a good run out of Hillman and now the defnse is defending the redzone again! UGHHHHH!

roushmartin6
Can we please sign a freakin running back already? Sick of that scrub Hillman

Tom155
Hillman smh

FL BRONCO
starting off like we left off

cmc0605
big missed tackle by Trevathan

Sheabers
Hillman fumble then we can't tackle great.

captainbronco
Cmon tackle damn it

canadiansbronco
Missed him 3 yards deep....

This is a disaster and it's only been 10 minutes....

JJBroncoFan
Then trev misses a tackle, damn it

gtown53
Missed tackle.

HurricaneDovs
Well that was horrible. Should've been TFL, instead down to the 2. :rolleyes:

Broncosfan#307
Anyone want some free points?

broncoslover115
Why isn't CJ playing?

The Experience
Hillman is a straight up bum!

Have fun playing somewhere else next year.

SammyWinder
12-20-2015, 02:36 PM
I hate our offense with every fiber of my soul.

I could not be a player on the defense because I would try to fight offensive players after every game.

DirtDiver
Ballgame! We were in this game for all of 2 offensive plays. This team is done folks. Better luck next year.

nickmeyer
Get Hillman out of there and draft a real RB next time John

JJBroncoFan
Missed him 3 yards deep....

This is a disaster and it's only been 10 minutes....

Wow calm down

Atwnbroncfan
Blowout city coming

captainbronco
Way to give them 7 idiot hillman

Elway
How many tackles he break?

FL BRONCO
Well that one is on the O lets see if they can make up for it.

Broncoholic JS
Relax. It's only 3 minutes into the game.

Everything will be fine.

BroncosGeordie
We will lose the division. Just watch. Hillman is an idiot

Brakshow
This is looking painful

odiesback
In the hole...

TD Steelers.... This one goes to Hillman

captainbronco
Get Hillman out of there and draft a real RB next time John
Agreed out rbs suck

dandaman23
12-20-2015, 02:37 PM
A fumble and missed tackle led to that TD. Can't beat good teams and have those type of plays.

Colem9r
Hillman should be benched!!!

broncoslover115
Is that our 1st fumble by a RB this year?

Broncos-R-Great
What is with Kubiak's obsession with Hillman?

nickmeyer
No it's not lol. Just throw it Gary worst Dbs in the league

JJBroncoFan

Everything will be fine.

This, a voice of reason. Thank you!

roushmartin6
When will they figure it out Ronnie Hillman will never be more than an average change of pace back. Sign someone who can actually run up the damn middle and not fumble the ball

ArchAngel
Im sorry, but if anyone thinks there isnt any anymosity growing between Denvers offense and defense, is kidding themselves.

VADER72
This coaching staff sucks
What a breakdown.

sheenabobeena
Welp, feels like it's gonna be a long day.

one_bad_55
That did not take long for our offense to put the defense in a bad spot.

Frenchy180
Can't wait to see him call people upset with that fumble "fake fans" later tonight

DEN4EVER
12-20-2015, 02:38 PM
We cannot turn the ball over against this team... Or game over

BroncsFanInPa
Can we just have 1 positive game .this sucks

The Experience
Hillman is easily the worst back on our roster.

shygirl
Please tell me CJ is well enough to step in there! Hillman had been doing better with not coughing up the football this year until this last few games. Argh!!!!

FL BRONCO
Blowout city coming

way to have some faith and get behind the team:thumb:

This is nothing , put CJ in and lets go get them

dandaman23

Everything will be fine.

That's what I thought last week when we were doninating! Lol.

JJBroncoFan
What is with Kubiak's obsession with Hillman?

I wish I knew as well, CJ must be hurting still otherwise starting Hillman is stupidity.