PDA

View Full Version : KC ties

kcvet
12-27-2015, 07:21 PM
it wasn't pretty but we beat the Browns today 17-13 pulling into a tie with Denver. who plays the Bengals tomorrow night. I ain't about to miss that one. :D

Freyaka
12-28-2015, 11:46 AM
it wasn't pretty but we beat the Browns today 17-13 pulling into a tie with Denver. who plays the Bengals tomorrow night. I ain't about to miss that one. :D

You aren't in a tie yet. In order to be in a tie, we have to lose. If we lose tonight then this is a true statement. If we win, you are still one game behind us.

kcvet
12-28-2015, 12:09 PM
You aren't in a tie yet. In order to be in a tie, we have to lose. If we lose tonight then this is a true statement. If we win, you are still one game behind us.

true you have one less loss . your prediction???

Freyaka
12-28-2015, 02:57 PM
true you have one less loss . your prediction???

I don't like making predictions anymore...it hurts too much when you are wrong (and I've been wrong a lot the last few weeks)

I think we can beat the bungles tonight, I really do. Will we? Who knows, we should have beat the steelers and Raiders but that didn't happen.

I expect us to beat the chargers next week , but it's a division game and even though we won by a decent margin the first game, they are bound to play us twice as hard.

My prediction, if you can call it that is that we'll win out and get the #2 seed....It's just as likely that we could end up playing KC as a wildcard team... Anything can happen...I watched this team collapse enough and miss the playoffs during the shanny years enough times that I never get too ahead of myself.

kcvet
12-28-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't like making predictions anymore...it hurts too much when you are wrong (and I've been wrong a lot the last few weeks)

I think we can beat the bungles tonight, I really do. Will we? Who knows, we should have beat the steelers and Raiders but that didn't happen.

I expect us to beat the chargers next week , but it's a division game and even though we won by a decent margin the first game, they are bound to play us twice as hard.

My prediction, if you can call it that is that we'll win out and get the #2 seed....It's just as likely that we could end up playing KC as a wildcard team... Anything can happen...I watched this team collapse enough and miss the playoffs during the shanny years enough times that I never get too ahead of myself.

we started out at 1-5 and I thought another one of those years. its strange but after Royals won the pennant the streak started. and here we are. injuries and all. these 2 teams split this year. I can't remember the last time we won out there. so when its done we may well have to settle up again. we'll see. I don't make predictions either. to many if and's and buts and maybe's. for us its finally all come together. wopee ??? no. trust but verify

Freyaka
12-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Ok, now I feel more confident :) I think we beat SD now and take the division. SD won't make it easy on us though. They are going to want to play spoiler, but I think we're doing to secure a 1st round bye and the division next week.

Grandpa
12-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Ok, now I feel more confident :) I think we beat SD now and take the division. SD won't make it easy on us though. They are going to want to play spoiler, but I think we're doing to secure a 1st round bye and the division next week.
As of yesterday (Monday), Sandy Ego has Eric Weddle (starting free safety), Darrell Stuckey (starting safety), Ladarius Green (starting tight end), and Sean Lissemore (starting nose tackle) on IR. Sean McGrath (tight end) was activated (26 receptions/302 yards, all with the Chefs in 2013), along with Matt Daniels (safety) who has only played in 6 games over 2 years and his most recent experience comes from the Rag-war's practice squad.

On the other hand, their defense is not to be taken for granted. Although they lost to Chokeland, they only allowed the Faiders to score two touchdowns and forced them to punt eight times. Sandy Ego's offense was given every chance to win by their defense; they just couldn't cash the check. They're bottom-of-the-league in run offense, but they're still dangerous through the air if Rivers gets the time he needs.

We can't bring our B game onto the field Sunday, unless we want a repeat performance from week 15.

Freyaka
12-29-2015, 12:37 PM
As of yesterday (Monday), Sandy Ego has Eric Weddle (starting free safety), Darrell Stuckey (starting safety), Ladarius Green (starting tight end), and Sean Lissemore (starting nose tackle) on IR. Sean McGrath (tight end) was activated (26 receptions/302 yards, all with the Chefs in 2013), along with Matt Daniels (safety) who has only played in 6 games over 2 years and his most recent experience comes from the Rag-war's practice squad.

On the other hand, their defense is not to be taken for granted. Although they lost to Chokeland, they only allowed the Faiders to score two touchdowns and forced them to punt eight times. Sandy Ego's offense was given every chance to win by their defense; they just couldn't cash the check. They're bottom-of-the-league in run offense, but they're still dangerous through the air if Rivers gets the time he needs.

We can't bring our B game onto the field Sunday, unless we want a repeat performance from week 15.

The thing about it is, it's still a rivalry game...Jamarcus Russell and McFadden had absolutely lackluster careers, but if they could play Denver 16 times a season they'd be a lock for HoF...Rivals play you hard especially when their season is over and yours is on the line. Nothing a rival loves more than to play spoiler. This will be San Diegos superbowl and I hope we don't overlook them.

DevilSpawn
12-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Denver pulls out a win in the 4th. Probably win 23-16.

KC and Oakland comes down to the last play of the game. 27-24. Not sure who wins though.

baphamet
12-29-2015, 01:36 PM
The thing about it is, it's still a rivalry game...Jamarcus Russell and McFadden had absolutely lackluster careers, but if they could play Denver 16 times a season they'd be a lock for HoF...Rivals play you hard especially when their season is over and yours is on the line. Nothing a rival loves more than to play spoiler. This will be San Diegos superbowl and I hope we don't overlook them.

no it won't be their superbowl lol

but rivers always comes to play no matter what, like any good franchise QB would. plus a banged up crappy chargers offense is going against the best defense in the NFL, i see another 3 point performance in their future.

everyone knows how much i hate the broncos but i don't really care if they win or lose at this point, too much uncertainty going into the off season and all the teams trying to get in the playoffs i hate anyways.

besides, i would think it was hilarious if the broncos got a ring with brock and not manning, i almost want that to happen.....i said almost! :D

baphamet
12-29-2015, 01:40 PM
i want to see KC and Denver in the WC but i know that's not going to happen since the broncos will beat the chargers and get a first round bye.

brianfrommissou
12-31-2015, 12:51 AM
i want to see KC and Denver in the WC but i know that's not going to happen since the broncos will beat the chargers and get a first round bye.

No No No!!

Man, I was in high school the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game!! Im getting desperate here. Im actually gonna be a GRANDPA in May or June of 2016 :eek: I want to see at least 1 more playoff victory before I become an antique g-pa:sad:

I think we need to play Houston!! (Or the Pats. but that aint happening in the first round) Not a guareented win by any stretch, but prolly our best bet.

Im glad to see a bit of traffic on the Chiefs page here though:thumb:

baphamet
12-31-2015, 01:56 PM
No No No!!

Man, I was in high school the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game!! Im getting desperate here. Im actually gonna be a GRANDPA in May or June of 2016 :eek: I want to see at least 1 more playoff victory before I become an antique g-pa:sad:

I think we need to play Houston!! (Or the Pats. but that aint happening in the first round) Not a guareented win by any stretch, but prolly our best bet.

Im glad to see a bit of traffic on the Chiefs page here though:thumb:

we must be of similar age then lol

i actually think you guys match up well against the broncos, just gotta play good defense and win a low scoring game at the end. the chiefs have a good defense too, it will come down to which team is better on offense and i kind of like the chiefs there due mainly to the fact that they have a better running game.

Denver's defense is of course still better than the chiefs, however. also the game would be in Denver so they have an edge there, overall i would give the broncos the slight edge but it's a very winnable game for the chiefs IMO

brianfrommissou
01-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Well, I got most of what I wished for. Now, lets hope Houston will play along and lose:)

Freyaka
01-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Well, I got most of what I wished for. Now, lets hope Houston will play along and lose:)

You guys were playing houston? I thought it was an 11 on 11 skirmish against yourselves...

brianfrommissou
01-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Finally, a playoff win!!!! And with the Steelers win, we get New England!!! Does it get any better than this?

Looks like the Divisional round is gonna be the AFC West show:thumb:

Freyaka
01-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Go out there and beat the Patriots and then please somehow lose some steam before you come to Denver...(assuming we actually beat the Steelers.)

brianfrommissou
01-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Go out there and beat the Patriots and then please somehow lose some steam before you come to Denver...(assuming we actually beat the Steelers.)

I would love to help out with the first part:thumb:
Dont want to help out on the second:P

But seriously, the Bengals and Steelers were the 2 teams I didnt want to face. I dont like how the Chiefs match up against them. If Roethlisberger is playing and semi-healthy, I really dont like Denvers chances either:sad:
Even after yesterdays games, I still say the AFC belongs to Pitt.

Please, please Denver, prove me wrong:)

Freyaka
01-11-2016, 10:59 AM
I would love to help out with the first part:thumb:
Dont want to help out on the second:P

But seriously, the Bengals and Steelers were the 2 teams I didnt want to face. I dont like how the Chiefs match up against them. If Roethlisberger is playing and semi-healthy, I really dont like Denvers chances either:sad:
Even after yesterdays games, I still say the AFC belongs to Pitt.

Please, please Denver, prove me wrong:)

Without Brown they are going to be in rough shape. We match up well with them minus brown and really we had them beat without an epic collapse the last time. If Big Ben plays he might not be able to throw it with much velocity. He seemed to struggle with anything over 10 yards and all it will take is one good sack and he could be done for the game, with our pass rush, that is entirely possible.

I'm more worried about KC than I am Pittsburgh...You never want to face a team riding high on a huge winstreak in the playoffs...

Grandpa
01-12-2016, 04:39 AM
Good for you. Now get on up to Gillette Stadium (it's gonna be warmer there than it would be in Arrowhead) and see what you can do against the Patsies.

Oh, and knock off the "Grandpa" slurs; I are one, and you're in for a treat when you become one. Do you know the REAL definition of "grandchildren"? It's a parent's revenge on their children. "Here, let him(her) throw up on YOU for a change!"
:D: :thumb: :goz:

brianfrommissou
01-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Good for you. Now get on up to Gillette Stadium (it's gonna be warmer there than it would be in Arrowhead) and see what you can do against the Patsies.

Oh, and knock off the "Grandpa" slurs; I are one, and you're in for a treat when you become one. Do you know the REAL definition of "grandchildren"? It's a parent's revenge on their children. "Here, let him(her) throw up on YOU for a change!"
:D: :thumb: :goz:

:laugh:

That was mostly just a refrence for the 20+year drought. Yes, I'm sure that I will love it!

As for the game, I see no good reason we cant get the W. But, the back of my brain keeps thinking what odd and obscure rule will BB find to bend and/or break? Awful way to be, I know.:sad:

Grandpa
01-14-2016, 03:31 PM
:laugh:

That was mostly just a refrence for the 20+year drought. Yes, I'm sure that I will love it!

As for the game, I see no good reason we cant get the W. But, the back of my brain keeps thinking what odd and obscure rule will BB find to bend and/or break? Awful way to be, I know.:sad:
You should be able to do just about anything with NE. You guys done did good this year, even with a lousy start.

(Uh, off-topic, but just noticed the "brian" in your userID .... did you ever work at Whiteman in the mid- late-80's?)

brianfrommissou
01-15-2016, 12:02 AM
You should be able to do just about anything with NE. You guys done did good this year, even with a lousy start.

(Uh, off-topic, but just noticed the "brian" in your userID .... did you ever work at Whiteman in the mid- late-80's?)
No, wasn't me. I was still a youngin in the mid-late 80's. Didn't graduate till 1994

Grandpa
01-15-2016, 11:21 AM
No, wasn't me. I was still a youngin in the mid-late 80's. Didn't graduate till 1994
Okay; was wondering. I was the safety superintendent for the 351st Strategic Missile Wing and nuclear surety NCO back then. We had a helluva smart feather merchant (civilian employee), young guy, over in the ground (operational) safety office whose first name was Brian. He lived in the Blue Springs area and commuted back and forth daily. Good guy, but I lost touch with all of them when I moved on in '89.

brianfrommissou
01-17-2016, 02:42 AM
And thus, our season ends. Surrendering to the Pats. Where was our pass rush? Tom Brady doesn't even need to wash his jersey before his next game!! Why didnt Sutton call on the dogs? I know Houston was basically out, but we have a rush without him.

Normally, after a loss, its easy to find a path back to Alex. Not today. He blundered the last 2 minites for sure, but it never should of got to that point. Our D laid an egg, a BIG one!! I guess, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Welp, here is to another season of middle of the road Kansas City Chiefs football next season:beer:

Grandpa
01-17-2016, 07:52 AM
And thus, our season ends. Surrendering to the Pats. Where was our pass rush? Tom Brady doesn't even need to wash his jersey before his next game!! Why didnt Sutton call on the dogs? I know Houston was basically out, but we have a rush without him.

Normally, after a loss, its easy to find a path back to Alex. Not today. He blundered the last 2 minites for sure, but it never should of got to that point. Our D laid an egg, a BIG one!! I guess, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Welp, here is to another season of middle of the road Kansas City Chiefs football next season:beer:

With any luck, Hunt will have (what we in the military referred to as) a "Come to Jesus" meeting before the draft starts and lay out some job performance requirements, starting with time management in the last 5 minutes of the game. It was ATROCIOUS, bordering on non-existent. It doesn't matter if you get one touchdown, but don't have enough time left to even TRY to get the tying TD.

The last 5 mins of that game need to be on replay immediately following the replay of the Colts' fake punt.