PDA

View Full Version : Who are you rooting for in the Wildcard Round?

L.M.
01-04-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm pulling for all the home teams this weekend.

Schedule (all times Eastern):
Saturday, Jan. 9

AFC Wild Card Game 1: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Houston Texans, 4:35 p.m., ESPN
AFC Wild Card Game 2: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 8:15 p.m., CBS

Sunday, Jan. 10

NFC Wild Card Game 1: Seattle Seahawks vs. Minnesota Vikings, 1:05 p.m., NBC
NFC Wild Card Game 2: Green Bay Packers vs. Washington Redskins, 4:40 p.m., FOX

I prefer Houston come to Denver in the divisional round, which will have the "Kubiak vs. his former team" storyline attached.

ELWAY421
01-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Cincinnati
Houston
Washington
Minnesota

the0rangecrush
01-04-2016, 02:09 PM
I want a rematch with Pittsburgh. After that KC, GB, and Minny.

Sophia23
01-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Houston, Packers, Vikings, and Bengals

-Rod-
01-04-2016, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't take the Texans lightly... Imagine J.J. Watt against our OL. Oh boy.

DenverBlood
01-04-2016, 02:31 PM

The alternative is Justin Houston which may be better but isn't exactly a walk in the park.

I agree with

Houston, Cincy, Packers, Vikings that Sophia listed.

CanDB
01-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Nice reward for beating Green Bay.......The Vikes get Seattle!!!

L.M.
01-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Nice reward for beating Green Bay.......The Vikes get Seattle!!!

No doubt! The Packers by far got the better draw for survival odds in this round! The Seahawks are going in RED HOT! Unfortunately -yuck! :sick:

L.M.
01-04-2016, 03:51 PM

I wouldn't take any of the possibilities lightly. There's parity in the AFC; any team here can beat any of the others.

ELWAY421
01-04-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm not scurred of the Steelers! I just want to see the Bengals win a darn playoff game!

L.M.
01-04-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm not scurred of the Steelers! I just want to see the Bengals win a darn playoff game!

If they do it will be the first time since 1990! :eek:

ELWAY421
01-04-2016, 04:13 PM
If they do it will be the first time since 1990! :eek:

The Boomer days.

assassin216
01-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Steelers-I want a rematch

KC-I want a rematch

Minnesota-Big fan of AP and Bridgewater

GB- Think the team's fans are decent

Elway
01-04-2016, 04:47 PM

That would be something different. I heard a rumor that with the injury to Williams that the Steeler's may be looking at a former Ravens running back whose been out of the league to possibly help out. :eek:

L.M.
01-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Steelers-I want a rematch

KC-I want a rematch

Minnesota-Big fan of AP and Bridgewater

GB- Think the team's fans are decent

And Rodgers is very admirable as one of the best! The only reason I'm pulling for the 'Skins instead is because I don't want to watch GB dismantled and blown out again by the Panthers or Cards as they were in the regular season. I'm curious to see how Washington would gameplan against them, though they will likely be destroyed too, it's some variety.

ELWAY421
01-04-2016, 06:07 PM
That would be something different. I heard a rumor that with the injury to Williams that the Steeler's may be looking at a former Ravens running back whose been out of the league to possibly help out. :eek:

Call me crazy but I think the Bengals have the edge in that game. It's a bad blood rivalry, and they'll be plenty of motivation for the Bengals. If the Bengals can keep Brown under wraps they should get it. The last game the two played where Dalton was hurt McCcarron threw a pick six, and Big Ben had 0 TD's. It'll be a different ball game imo.

Spice 1
01-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Williams has been reported as day to day. I guess he was jogging from the sidelines at one point during the Browns game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14503825/pittsburgh-steelers-rb-deangelo-williams-day-day-ankle-injury

FL BRONCO
01-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Minnesota--cause i would love to see them knock the sea chickens out
Washington--cause I would love to see the skins have some success and move up a round and I'm rooting for Gruden and Cousins
Cinci--cause I would love to see what happens if McCarron can actually win a playoff game and what happens next year with Daltons record in playoffs and contract (not to mention I hate Pitt)
Houston--I live near by and would love to see them give their fans some success let alone beat the Chefs

Hadez
01-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Cinc....hate Big Ben....he is a creep

KC....I think Watt would get 10 sacks vs our OL

Minn...thier coach is the kind of guy I want to work for

Wash...Cousins just a good story plus I am fan of Gruden

Rastic
01-06-2016, 10:41 AM
If it's as cold in Minneapolis as now predicted this coming Sunday during game time (about +1 to -1 F at kickoff) does that give the Vikings the advantage over the Seahawks? Those temps almost guarantee a running game which, I think, heavily favors Peterson and might be a limiting factor for Wilson.

Thoughts?

atwaterandstir
01-06-2016, 10:53 AM
I think our D can get after Roethlesberger and create turnovers. As good as he is, he does have a tendency to throw picks. Although Cincinatti will be a tough matchup for Pitt to get through first.

L.M.
01-06-2016, 01:03 PM
I think our D can get after Roethlesberger and create turnovers. As good as he is, he does have a tendency to throw picks. Although Cincinatti will be a tough matchup for Pitt to get through first.

Playoffs are hard enough to predict without division rivals facing off too! I have no idea who will win that one, I'm just sick of teams like the Steelers and P*ts always in the playoffs and in the final games and want them out!

L.M.
01-06-2016, 01:05 PM
If it's as cold in Minneapolis as now predicted this coming Sunday during game time (about +1 to -1 F at kickoff) does that give the Vikings the advantage over the Seahawks? Those temps almost guarantee a running game which, I think, heavily favors Peterson and might be a limiting factor for Wilson.

Thoughts?

Marshawn Lynch will be back for this game.

broncoslover115
01-06-2016, 01:38 PM
I'd love HOU & CIN to win.

L.M.
01-08-2016, 01:09 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/8/10730752/nfl-playoff-bracket-predictions-2016-chiefs-steelers-bengals-texans

Looks like most of the analysts included are picking PITT to come to Denver.

In the poll there, most fans want Houston.