PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Jones ODs at Gronk's House

fraguela09
01-13-2016, 10:39 AM
(Rotoworld)

Rob Gronkowski - TE - Patriots
Rob Gronkowski was again absent from practice Wednesday.

Gronkowski's absence on Tuesday was a mystery, but we now have a pretty good feel of the reason. Patriots RE Chandler Jones was allegedly at Gronkowski's house over the weekend and overdosed on pills, leading to Jones ending up at the Foxboro police department and then the hospital on Sunday. The two are likely absent in order to get their story (lies) straight.
Source: Erik Frenz on Twitter Jan 13 - 12:24 PM

brianmcfarlane
01-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Here it is Wednesday and there is NO story on NFL.com yet. :confused: Not sure what, if anything that means. I would think that Chandler should be facing a suspension? Maybe not by this weekend?

fraguela09
01-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Here it is Wednesday and there is NO story on NFL.com yet. :confused: Not sure what, if anything that means. I would think that Chandler should be facing a suspension? Maybe not by this weekend?

NFL suspended Prater for having a beer in his hotel room after the SB, b/c he violated his suspension... You would think NFL would at least investigate this incident (since police were involved).

broncoslover115
01-13-2016, 12:46 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2016/01/foxboro_cops_pats_chandler_jones_sought_medical_he lp_early_sunday

.....But police officials won’t say what the emergency was and the police chief confirmed information was deleted from dispatch records before they were released to the Herald.....

Man are they good at shutting stuff down.

underrated29
01-13-2016, 02:14 PM
So even the cops cheat in boston it seems

#87Birdman
01-13-2016, 02:16 PM
So even the cops cheat in boston it seems

I think I read the police chief is head of security at new England stadium. I will see if I can find that article again.

Was an Albert Breer tweet that the Foxborough police chief has handled pats stadium security for 31 years.

broncoslover115
01-13-2016, 03:09 PM
It was synthetic marijuana. They are discussing whether the Foxboro PD covered this up right now on Felger & Mazz.

The cop in question is just a game day security guard but can assign police to respond to player issues if run into legal issues. .

Also, Bill B has a black eye and Gronk was not at practice and they are questioning any connection on the show right now.

Rastic
01-13-2016, 04:12 PM
It was synthetic marijuana. They are discussing whether the Foxboro PD covered this up right now on Felger & Mazz.

The cop in question is just a game day security guard but can assign police to respond to player issues if run into legal issues. .

Also, Bill B has a black eye and Gronk was not at practice and they are questioning any connection on the show right now.

So if Bellichick got hit by an under-the-influence Jones, does that count as substance abuse?

CoryWinget81
01-13-2016, 04:20 PM
Bill Belechick has a black eye, dispatch info is gone, one player hospitalized after ODing, Gronkowski mysteriously doesn't show up....

...nothing to see here?

broncoslover115
01-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Bill Belechick has a black eye, dispatch info is gone, one player hospitalized after ODing, Gronkowski mysteriously doesn't show up....

...nothing to see here?

Gronk was in Florida so they aren't sure how Jones was in his house, but other than that, yeah, something is very weird here.

Assassin27
01-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Gronk was in Florida so they aren't sure how Jones was in his house, but other than that, yeah, something is very weird here.Wouldn't Gronk be in trouble to if the dope was in his house?

broncoslover115
01-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Wouldn't Gronk be in trouble to if the dope was in his house?

Well, when Chandler was taken to the hospital they did secure Gronk's house so I'm sure they are looking to see what's there. However, nobody knows whether Chandler was actually partying in Gronk's house or how he wound up there at all. Was he there for a party with others? Was he there by himself? Did he have a key? Did Gronk give him permission to be there? None of these questions have been answered at all.

johntbronco
01-13-2016, 04:53 PM

...nothing to see here?

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

broncoslover115
01-13-2016, 05:14 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

I love it. And the players sound like little robotrons spouting the mantra that there's nothing to see here and we support all our players. One player did say Bill brainwashes us.....he might be sitting out next game, like he did with Welker when he made a foot joke to the media. :goofy:

broncolee
01-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Apparently synthetic marijuana is legal in Massachusetts. I was listening to ESPN and they were reporting that the police were saying Chandler had a bad reaction to a substance that is not illegal in Massachusetts.

CoryWinget81
01-13-2016, 06:17 PM
Apparently synthetic marijuana is legal in Massachusetts. I was listening to ESPN and they were reporting that the police were saying Chandler had a bad reaction to a substance that is not illegal in Massachusetts.

All the more reason why this Reagan era war on drugs is a failure. We make a substance that has no physical or psychological addiction qualities, has never had a death linked to overuse of the substance, and is a freaking plant, illegal.

...but a bag of potpourri with a synthetic cannabanoid sprayed on it, which has zero tests for quality or safety, has no regulations, and is DEADLY, is perfectly legal.

I can't wait until it's legal everywhere. Sorry Boomers, "Reefer madness" was a lie to get you to believe a plant was bad so the DuPont family could rake in untold wealth.

Spice, K2, whatever you call it, is stupid. The NFL who shoots players up with all kinds of opiates and narcotics is even more stupid. The senseless prohibition on marijuana because Anslinger and Hoover had in laws that owned corporations is the stupidest of all.

MAKE IT LEGAL.

Rancid
01-13-2016, 06:25 PM
What were they doing at Gronk's house? My guess probably in the basement playing spin the bottle with the rest of the O-Line. :laugh:

beastlyskronk
01-13-2016, 08:59 PM

I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't allow players to smoke synthetic marijuana though

canadiansbronco
01-14-2016, 12:37 PM
The dude WENT to the police station looking for help, pretty sure that's why nothing happened law wise. Police treat it like a medical emergency when people seek their help about OD's wich is the right thing to do

beastlyskronk
01-14-2016, 12:59 PM
The dude WENT to the police station looking for help, pretty sure that's why nothing happened law wise. Police treat it like a medical emergency when people seek their help about OD's wich is the right thing to do

Synthetic marijuana is legal there

Hadez
01-14-2016, 01:43 PM
Just curious is this the same stuff thats packaging is labeled not for consumption? Because while that is not a illegal drug it is pretty obvious what the intent is.

JJBroncoFan
01-14-2016, 05:01 PM
All the more reason why this Reagan era war on drugs is a failure. We make a substance that has no physical or psychological addiction qualities, has never had a death linked to overuse of the substance, and is a freaking plant, illegal.

...but a bag of potpourri with a synthetic cannabanoid sprayed on it, which has zero tests for quality or safety, has no regulations, and is DEADLY, is perfectly legal.

I can't wait until it's legal everywhere. Sorry Boomers, "Reefer madness" was a lie to get you to believe a plant was bad so the DuPont family could rake in untold wealth.

Spice, K2, whatever you call it, is stupid. The NFL who shoots players up with all kinds of opiates and narcotics is even more stupid. The senseless prohibition on marijuana because Anslinger and Hoover had in laws that owned corporations is the stupidest of all.

MAKE IT LEGAL.

I get what you're saying and I have no problem with it as long as people are responsible. However, why does everyone always blame Reagan? Nixon got the ball rolling for the war on drugs, he also created the DEA and the problem just continued to grow.

River Side
01-14-2016, 05:05 PM
My guess probably in the basement playing spin the bottle with the rest of the O-Line. :laugh:

Not that there's anything wrong with that