PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Postseason: 2016 Division Round: Steelers vs Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Elway
01-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Well folks here it, that time of year win or go home.

We are off the bye and hopefully ready to punch out ticket to the AFC championship game where we would host the Pats. In order to to do that we need to take care of business tomorrow.

As the Ravens and Colts can tell you from post season experience, we sometimes fall short of that at home. We have had a very uneven system, We've had issues at QB, the offensive line protection, the run game, defensive penalties, and inconsistent special teams. I don't care about the history of ones and done. I don't care about the TDs and Ints up to now, all I care about is beating the Steelers. We should be healthier than last time with Stewart and Ward playing in the secondary, let's hope it means a different result.

I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow. I know the D will show up, but I don't think we can ask more out of them then they have given. If we struggle offensive this could be another one and done. They played Pitt a few weeks ago and know what Ben is capable of. Brown is out, but Bryant, Wheaton and Bey are good options, plus their RD can catch and Heath Miller can show up at times. The Steelers defense has played better as the season went out. They shut us out in the second half last time. Ben torched us finishing with 40 completions in 55 attempts for 380 yards and three touchdowns. 16 of those passes went to Antonio Brown.

Ben is inured, but not as bad as thought. He has thrown several times this week indoors and Tomlin knows what he is capable of. He may not get it 50 yards down filed, but he will do better than that last drive if Cincy. There is a decent chance they will activate Michael Vick from what I have heard.

Some stats: Manning is 3-1 vs Big Ben. His loss came in Indy in the playoffs the year the Bus retired and Pitt won it all.

SERIES RECORD: Broncos lead, 14-8-1 (Broncos lead, 4-3 in the postseason).

Roethlisberger is 11-5 all-time in the playoffs, out of that he is 6-2 on the road. His only real real loss was to the Tim Tebow Broncos. He also lost to the Packers in the SB which was a neutral site.

In the last 10 year Tebow beat the Steelers in the post season. Plummer lost to them. After the Plummer lost the Broncos tried to restrict ticket sales to the fans within the proper zip codes. I don't know how many 'fans' sold their tickets this year,but hopefully the faithful orange can drown out the terrible towels. If you are one of the lucky one to go, send out a cheers for all of us who can't.

I am not sure how Manning will play. I don't think the poor play was all injury. He did okay vs San Diego, the team needed something after 5 turn over. He went 5 for 9. He was 4 for 5 on passes under 15 yard or less. 1 for 4 on passes over 15 yards. He still showed the ability to read and audible against the D. He will need to with our O-line issues. This Steeler's D will be more formidable than the patchwork the Chargers threw out there and almost won with. I wouldn't expect to see the run game to do as well for the same reason.

Steelers have taken over the Raiders motto, just win baby. Even if you need to hit the RB with the crown of your helmet, pull on someones hair on the sideline, or let Joey (Jerry) Porter on the field for no reason. They had some questionable plays vs us as well, but we can't focus on revenge. We just need to do our job.

I want the win, I don't care if Manning or Osweiler gets it for us. I don't care it if comes on a FG or defensive TD. I want the win for Broncos Nation. I'm not ready to call it a season. I want Manning vs Brady XVII. Mike Tomlin will make adjustments and do whatever he has to win. We need Kubes and staff willing to do he same. Be aggressive Kubes, but be smart. If Manning can't do the longball, don't call it. Play to the Qbs strength which ever QB starts the game and regardless of which one finishes it. I don't care if we have to play with an all jumbo set, or keep a TE in to help Schofield. Do all you can to help the team win.

As past years have brutally shone us, things go wrong. FG's are missed, Balls are interecepted and the refs will make bad calls against you or non calls when they should have made one. All we can do is try our best. With that in mind, All the MODS would ask that now more than ever you try to keep what you post within the confines of the COC. Support the team, regardless of who we have out there. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ode-of-Conduct

If this is the last Bronco game day thread of the season, then thank you all who have posted, but lets hope we get two more :thumb: As always me and the family will be watching wearing full gear with are chant of, "Go Broncos!" :logo:

AZ Snake Fan
01-16-2016, 08:16 PM

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE stealerz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK big ben !!!

Broncos 42
stealerz 13

GO BRONCOS !!!

VenomousDB
01-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Let's go Denver Broncos!!! We got this!!!

DOMAN8R2016
01-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Denver Broncos rule I can not wait till Kick Off !! Gooooooooooooo. DENVER BRONCOS

BroncsFanInPa
01-16-2016, 08:31 PM
Why am I so nervous for the Broncos in this game...

FrostySeamus
01-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Why am I so nervous for the Broncos in this game...

Because it's the playoffs and they're playing a good team. But I believe in the character of this team. Sure, they've faltered at times this season, but more often than not they've come through in tough situations time and time again. I'm stoked personally. This should be a great game. Home field advantage, 70,000 fans on the teams side.

The team seems focused. This defense wants to be remembered. You do that by winning the SB. DT gets to show his mother what he can do for the first time in person. Peyton has an opportunity (possibly his last) to do something no QB has ever done before. There are quite a few guys who were here for our horrible showing in the SB a few years ago. Those guys should be determined to not have that happen again. Or what happened last year against the Colts. If none of this is enough motivation, then nothing will ever be.

Fantaztic7
01-16-2016, 09:06 PM
Go Broncos!!! Win this one for Cindy...our thoughts are with you and your family. Keep fighting Cindy!

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Squeeze-Peyton-Manning-makes-dying-fans-day/38cc8a57-2356-449b-9e1d-f82f190bd3f8

Lumiere
01-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Go Broncos!!! Win this one for Cindy...our thoughts are with you and your family. Keep fighting Cindy!

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Squeeze-Peyton-Manning-makes-dying-fans-day/38cc8a57-2356-449b-9e1d-f82f190bd3f8

Awesome!!! I love it!

Go Broncos - United in Orange!

Rastic
01-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Go Broncos!!!! Go. Team. Go. :salute:

Broncoholic JS
01-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Can't wait!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

andrewmlb
01-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Go broncos!

qbronco
01-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Let's hope for:
1. No major injuries
2. No turnovers
3. Total Broncos domination

Beat the Steelers. GO BRONCOS!!!!! :)

tonray
01-16-2016, 10:13 PM
Total Thermo'nukular' destruction of Pits O Line is what I want to see !

Broncoholic JS
01-16-2016, 10:27 PM
On the way home from the Stock Show my wife and I saw the Steelers motorcade on I-70. Quite an awesome experience, even if it was the opposing team.

S h o O o b i e
01-16-2016, 10:33 PM
Here we go boys! Go Orange and blue!:goz:

Broncosfan#307
01-16-2016, 10:34 PM
We got this! Lets go Broncos. Maning, I have gave you a hard time this year but I really do hope you tear it up.

Peanut
01-16-2016, 10:40 PM
I redid my nails. They've been orange and blue all season. I have my "wardrobe" picked out for tomorrow. Pizza for dinner because I'm not cooking.

I am ready!

Gooo Broncos!!

Elway
01-16-2016, 10:51 PM
I redid my nails. They've been orange and blue all season. I have my "wardrobe" picked out for tomorrow. Pizza for dinner because I'm not cooking.

I am ready!

Gooo Broncos!!

Sounds like a heck of a party Peanut, hoping for a victory celebration here as well! Got lots of appetizers we'll be noshing on nervously. :)

Canmore
01-16-2016, 10:55 PM
If there ever was a time to Rock n Roll it's now! GO BRONCOS!!!

EddieMac
01-16-2016, 11:05 PM
Go broncos!

sheenabobeena
01-16-2016, 11:09 PM
I hadn't been anxious until watching today's games, especially the GB/AZ game. I don't think I can handle it if our game is a close, crazy game like that. I hope our game is boring, as in a lopsided Broncos win!

dandaman23
01-17-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm on call this weekend. Which means I can be called out by a customer at any time. It's been slow but I know for a fact I am going to get a call at some point during the game.

Last time I was on call was during the first Charger game and sure enough I got a call 5 minutes before the game started. The time before that was during the Browns game and of course I would get a call right as overtime was about to begin.

I don't care if I get a thousand calls tomorrow as long as there are no calls during the game, I'll probably lose my mind.

assassin216
01-17-2016, 12:21 AM
I hope the players looked back at last year's game against Colts and understand you can't give a sorry performance and expect to win the game.

Margaritaville
01-17-2016, 03:04 AM
This is one of those rare Bronco playoff games where I am not the least bit nervous or anxious. We had a much healthier Stealer team beat on the road earlier this year, even without our starting Safeties and Brock on only his fifth career start! There is simply NO excuse for losing at home in Mile High!

We are NOT going to lose to the Stealers twice in one season, NOT going to happen, especially after the Stealers had to back into the playoffs thanks to the Bills. The Stealers do play dirty, however we will be much better prepared for this than the Bengals. How many playoff teams have TWO coaches fined by the league in just one playoff game with one of the coaches also getting flagged on the sidelines?

BRONCOS WIN! 30 - 17 :goz:

Jaws
01-17-2016, 04:49 AM
Go Broncos!
It will be tough trying to discipline myself to get a few hours rest/sleep in the evening but an absolute must if I'm not to conk out before the outcome of the game is decided.
Most important thing though is the Broncos keep it going and don't let up at all!

Peanut
01-17-2016, 05:08 AM
Sounds like a heck of a party Peanut, hoping for a victory celebration here as well! Got lots of appetizers we'll be noshing on nervously. :)

I can't eat during games.

Hi to Red!

Go Broncos!
It will be tough trying to discipline myself to get a few hours rest/sleep in the evening but an absolute must if I'm not to conk out before the outcome of the game is decided.
Most important thing though is the Broncos keep it going and don't let up at all!

Dedication. :salute:

See you during the game. Well rested, of course.

2 Minute Warning
01-17-2016, 05:25 AM
:logo:Go DENVER BRONCOS GO!!!:logo:
:logo::logo:
:logo:

darrentwill27
01-17-2016, 05:59 AM
Let's gooooo Bronnnncosssssss!!! .. Not to many fans get to watch there teams around this time of year... But we've been able to watch ours the last couple of years ... Let's make this playoff run something to remember fellas 💯

Jaws
01-17-2016, 06:38 AM
I can't eat during games.

Hi to Red!

Dedication. :salute:

See you during the game. Well rested, of course.

If you see me here between 2-4 Eastern, give me an infraction ;)

BroncosDivision
01-17-2016, 06:59 AM
We're ready. GO BRONCOS! :logo:

Remedy
01-17-2016, 07:05 AM
If you see me here between 2-4 Eastern, give me an infraction ;)

Do you promise not to bite?

Remedy
01-17-2016, 07:06 AM
Alright! i'm pumped for this one!

can't wait!

HDbroncos02
01-17-2016, 07:31 AM
Can't wait... this thread will be crazy

Remedy
01-17-2016, 07:46 AM
Can't wait... this thread will be crazy

it'll certainly be an adventure.

I shut my phone off so my work can't get ahold of me. :coffee:

samparnell
01-17-2016, 07:47 AM
:goz: :logo: :helmet: BLAM! BLAM! :helmet:

ELWAY421
01-17-2016, 07:56 AM
This week went so slow! Finally, we are only hours away. This has been a crazy season full of ups and downs, but today we will rise against the Steelers and ride on into the AFC championship game for yet one more Manning vs Brady!

Let us lay the smacketh down on the Steelers today!

GO BRONCOS!!!

100%Broncoholic
01-17-2016, 07:58 AM
Let's do this Broncos Country. It is time for a chapter to be written with a Super Bowl winning ending.

Posters be mindful of the rules and CoC.

Jaws
01-17-2016, 07:59 AM
Do you promise not to bite?

It will be difficult ;)

FL BRONCO
01-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Well lets Goooooooooooooooooooooo Broncos

Hoping for a conivincing win and pleeeeeease no injuries

100%Broncoholic
01-17-2016, 08:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/iuOTLoe.png

LSIGRAD09
01-17-2016, 08:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/iuOTLoe.png

Bro needs to go right back through that doorway.

Buffluke
01-17-2016, 08:15 AM
Hit Ben on that shoulder, see how healthy it really is. He'll get shot up I'm sure. It's not gonna feel good when it wears off.

bronco30
01-17-2016, 08:21 AM
hopefully we can play a complete game on offense need a run game, need PM to connect on some downfield passes back them off the tight coverage, no drops, no turnovers & TD's in the red zone

defense cant let them run like they did vs cincy, tackle ALOT better than we did last time we faced them & get after big ben n hopefully create a couple turnovers n get off the field on 3rd down gave up to many 3rd longs last game to

ST's don't allow no big returns & a big return or 2 would be nice...

Buffluke
01-17-2016, 08:25 AM
If they plan on using a bunch of quick passes, you know they are gonna start sitting on them, especially Talib. He gambles a lot anyway. Hopefully, we'll see a pick six.

Atwnbroncfan
01-17-2016, 08:40 AM
It's time gentleman........TAKE IT

gmjones2001
01-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Here's to NO Pouting Peyton Face!!!

Every time I've seen that face in the playoffs the results were not good for Peyton.

assassin216
01-17-2016, 09:00 AM
I heard Chris Harris criticize the previous coaching staff about last year's playoffs preparation.Anyone got a link to what he said.

DishWater
01-17-2016, 09:46 AM
Can't wait to blow out Mike Tomlin's squad. I'll enjoy watching his post game press conference.

Broncos-R-Great
01-17-2016, 09:59 AM
Wow the OP is depressing, I couldn't even read through all of it.

Let's get positive here, let's beat this weak Steelers team that has needed the luckiest breaks ever to even be to this point!

brianmcfarlane
01-17-2016, 10:09 AM
Need our running game to be effective and score TDs when in the red zone... NO turnovers! I look forward to our defense dominating this game being almost 100% healthy. Protect the ball and Manning!

:logo::goz::helmet:

darth-hideous
01-17-2016, 10:15 AM
Wooooo!!!! I lucked out and got a ticket to the game! Go Broncos, Darth-Hideous in the HOUSE!!!!

the0rangecrush
01-17-2016, 10:18 AM
Absolutely no business losing this game 0 none zero. If we lose I'll cheer for the Browns next year, because at least I can expect and accept dissapointment in new and creative fashions.

Broncoholic JS
01-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Anyone notice Terry Bradshaw is wearing orange and blue today? Hmmmmm....

-Rod-
01-17-2016, 10:24 AM
All week, the Steelers have been inflating the Broncos. Roethlisberger said they got lucky last time, the starting safeties were not on the field, now we're at full strength etc. The #1 WR in the league is out for the game, their starting RB is out. All the pressure is on the Broncos. This is one of those games: if the Broncos win, they did nothing but their job against a banged-up Steelers; if the Broncos lose, they choked on the big stage. The Steelers seem ready to play with reckless abandon. They got lucky against the Bengals and this round feels like an extra life for them. The weather is cold and I expect the Steelers to load the box to shut the running game down. Let's see what Manning will do with all this pressure, especially knowing he will have to face Brady next week.

broncoslover115
01-17-2016, 10:28 AM
I am very nervous. I am always nervous before our games. It's just who I am. I've decided to turn off all media today because I don't want to listen to anything about our game, Manning, nothing. Just want to go in with an excitement and being proud of our team that we've made it here through one of the weirdest seasons we've had.

New coach, new offense, compromise on the new offense, Manning being terrible, Manning pulled, Manning injured, our new young QB going in and doing an incredible job, new DC being a genius and putting together a great defense, back to the original offense, Manning back in the game, Manning running the original offense....

Being 12-4 and the #1 seed is an amazing feat for our team and coaches. Let's go out and play one of the best games of your careers guys. All of you.

BigOBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 10:35 AM
Hopefully Gary has these Boys ready to play and win Unlike John FOx did the last couple of years.

gtown53
01-17-2016, 10:50 AM
I expect to see a lot of what John Elway calls "Kicking and Screaming".

Justblaze2729
01-17-2016, 10:51 AM
No Antonio Brown no Deangelo Williams and Big Ben is roughed up. If the Broncos lose this will be a choke job of epic proportions. 2005 will stand no comparison.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 10:55 AM
All week, the Steelers have been inflating the Broncos. Roethlisberger said they got lucky last time, the starting safeties were not on the field, now we're at full strength etc. The #1 WR in the league is out for the game, their starting RB is out. All the pressure is on the Broncos. This is one of those games: if the Broncos win, they did nothing but their job against a banged-up Steelers; if the Broncos lose, they choked on the big stage. The Steelers seem ready to play with reckless abandon. They got lucky against the Bengals and this round feels like an extra life for them. The weather is cold and I expect the Steelers to load the box to shut the running game down. Let's see what Manning will do with all this pressure, especially knowing he will have to face Brady next week.

All the pressure is on Denver and Manning. All of it.

We will know soon if Manning and the Broncos can handle it.

80stheman
01-17-2016, 11:01 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!

Jaws
Wooooo!!!! I lucked out and got a ticket to the game! Go Broncos, Darth-Hideous in the HOUSE!!!!

Fantastic!

Colem9r
Ok already tired of listening to steeler nation on the air waves. Broncos have to win this game no excuses! I think it would be a devastating loss for this organization should they not get it done.

FL BRONCO
01-17-2016, 11:05 AM

Extremely happy for you and jealous, Have fun and lose your voice for the rest of us--:salute::salute::salute:

bronco30
01-17-2016, 11:06 AM

yep I expect some trick plays from them or as they say their playing w/ house money nothing to lose...hopefully PM can connect on some deep balls n convert on some big 3rd downs these are games where stars are suppose to shine hopefully ours will....

FL BRONCO
01-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Lets gooooo Broncooos, I am getting ancy now

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Call me a pessimist.. Tell me I'm a downer and need to lighten up.. If you tell me that you are probably correct but, I'm just going to be honest here...

This game has upset written all over it! All the pieces are starting to fit together for an epic disappointment. A banged up Steelers team, coming to Invesco with nothing to lose really because they know all the pressure is on Manning.
There is usually one big upset every year in the play off's and there hasn't been one yet this year. Is today the day for that?

I'm always very nervous before games but, my stomach has been in knots for hours now. My anxiousness for this game is off the charts!

Am I alone in that?

I wish I had some of the confidence and optimism so many of you seem to have. Maybe then I would have slept better last night and would be able to eat lunch.

Colem9r
01-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Call me a pessimist.. Tell me I'm a downer and need to lighten up.. If you tell me that you are probably correct but, I'm just going to be honest here...

This game has upset written all over it! All the pieces are starting to fit together for an epic disappointment. A banged up Steelers team, coming to Invesco with nothing to lose really because they know all the pressure is on Manning.
There is usually one big upset every year in the play off's and there hasn't been one yet this year. Is today the day for that?

I'm always very nervous before games but, my stomach has been in knots for hours now. My anxiousness for this game is off the charts!

Am I alone in that?

I wish I had some of the confidence and optimism so many of you seem to have. Maybe then I would have slept better last night and would be able to eat lunch.

Nope your not alone, I agree with you and I hope were both wrong.

Broncos-R-Great
01-17-2016, 11:15 AM
http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i60/2/11/22/frabz-THEY-HAD-A-STEELERS-FLAG-HANGING-ON-THE-PORCH-NOT-ANYMORE-625f6c.jpg

MarkB
01-17-2016, 11:17 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncsFanInPa
01-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Why cant we ever start a game like the panthers are doing....

odiesback
01-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Let's GO BRONCOS!!!

TheAsianPA
01-17-2016, 11:37 AM
go broncos

TheAsianPA
01-17-2016, 11:38 AM

Am I alone in that?

well last time you predicted a close game with the Chargers, and that happened, so I'm not going to try and make this game sound like it's a cakewalk. It's going to be close, tough and ugly.

80stheman
01-17-2016, 11:40 AM

Awesome! Be LOUD!!!

bronco30
01-17-2016, 11:42 AM
special for DT & his mom first time ever seeing him play in person hopefully sees a WIN & her boy play great

Broncos-R-Great
01-17-2016, 11:44 AM
I hope CBS doesn't use the weird camera angles they used in yesterday's game

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/cbs-camera-patriots-chiefs-angle-low-close-up-zoom-playoffs-nfl-brady-gronkowski

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 11:49 AM
special for DT & his mom first time ever seeing him play in person hopefully sees a WIN & her boy play great

Yeah it would be very awesome to see him have a terrific game with his mom watching! I bet he has major butterflies but, probably so excited!!

outofstatefan
01-17-2016, 11:52 AM
Anyone notice Terry Bradshaw is wearing orange and blue today? Hmmmmm....He also picked Steelers to win! No surprise considering the source!

biglenny
01-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Go broncos!!

bronco30
01-17-2016, 12:01 PM
lets gooooooo broncos!!!!!! little over 2 1/2 hours away

outofstatefan
01-17-2016, 12:02 PM

Am I alone in that?

I share your nervous feelings, but I think the Broncos will put it all together and win the game by a comfortable margin. Too many good things going for this team.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 12:03 PM
You know watching this early game, Carolina looks totally dominant. Whoever comes out of the AFC will be the under dog in the SB. I don't see any of the AFC teams competing well with this Panther team.

One step at a time here but, all these fans who believe Manning is going out on top winning SB 50 are not being realistic in my opinion. If Denver wins today.. The Broncos would have to first get through Brady and BB and then get to a SB where a superior NFC team is waiting. Tall order in my opinion.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it will be very difficult. No matter how much people want it for Peyton.

Colem9r
01-17-2016, 12:04 PM
You know watching this early game, Carolina looks totally dominant. Whoever comes out of the AFC will be the under dog in the SB. I don't see any of the AFC teams competing well with this Panther team.

One step at a time here but, all these fans who believe Manning is going out on top winning SB 50 are not being realistic in my opinion. If Denver wins today.. The Broncos would have to first get through Brady and BB and then get to a SB where a superior NFC team is waiting. Tall order in my opinion.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it will be very difficult. No matter how much people want it for Peyton.

How about just saying GO BRONCOS!! GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!

outofstatefan
01-17-2016, 12:06 PM
how about just saying go broncos!! Gotta believe!!!!
go broncos!! Gotta believe!!!!

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 12:08 PM
How about just saying GO BRONCOS!! GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!

How about I just express my opinion?

I have a bad feeling about this game today but, even if we win looking ahead it looks even scarier.

I have always held back my optimism. It's my nature. The "just believe" stuff doesn't usually work for me. I tend to look at things from a skeptic point of view.
The last time I was a "rah rah, no one can beat us" type of fan was January 1997. Ever since that gut wrenching loss I never take anything for granted in football.. Ever.

FL BRONCO
01-17-2016, 12:11 PM
http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i60/2/11/22/frabz-THEY-HAD-A-STEELERS-FLAG-HANGING-ON-THE-PORCH-NOT-ANYMORE-625f6c.jpg

THAT IS AWWESOME:salute:

BigOBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Seattle got lucky last week IMO Minnesota should've won that game they can thank Blair Walse and now Carolina is pretty much proving it I think Arizona vs. Carolina will be a much closer game,

TheAsianPA
01-17-2016, 12:12 PM
Wow, those Panthers are on a warpath and eating the seahawks whole. 31-0 and it ain't even half time.

BigOBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 12:13 PM

I have a bad feeling about this game today but, even if we win looking ahead it looks even scarier.

I have always held back my optimism. It's my nature. The "just believe" stuff doesn't usually work for me. I tend to look at things from a skeptic point of view.
The last time I was a "rah rah, no one can beat us" type of fan was January 1997. Ever since that gut wrenching loss I never take anything for granted in football.. Ever.

Thats why they play the games you never know what can go down on the Football field.

outofstatefan
01-17-2016, 12:17 PM

It should look "scarier" looking ahead. The deeper you go in playoffs, the better the teams get.
I agree about not taking anything for granted in football, because of the "any given Sunday". But that could also work in our favor as the teams get "scarier".

TheAsianPA
01-17-2016, 12:18 PM
It should look "scarier" looking ahead. The deeper you go in playoffs, the better the teams get.
I agree about not taking anything for granted in football, because of the "any given Sunday". But that could also work in our favor as the teams get "scarier".

When did the broncos stop being a scary team?

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 12:20 PM
THAT IS AWWESOME:salute:

I agree!! It would be so nice to take those dumb yellow towels and use them for a bonfire!!

Back in 06 my cousin and her husband who live in Denver went to that AFC Championship game against the Steelers and said Steeler fans were whipping those towels around and hitting Bronco fans by accident. She saw it with her own eyes and said others at the game said they saw the same thing.

If I were at the game today and got hit by a yellow towel, I would need to get bailed out of jail cause I would take that towel... And well... you can imagine the rest. Lol

Freyaka
01-17-2016, 12:24 PM
When did the broncos stop being a scary team?

We are "scary" but only on one out of three phases of the ball. Offense and special teams are not anything to strike fear into our opponents.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 12:24 PM
We are "scary" but only on one out of three phases of the ball. Offense and special teams are not anything to strike fear into our opponents.

You are right. Especially special teams.

TheAsianPA
01-17-2016, 12:27 PM

Well I'm not going to argue against that, but I believe in this team. The last time Denver came out of a bye they destroyed an unbeaten team, with Manning no less. A fully healthy team, a strong defensive front, and hopefully DT/Sanders, CJ/Hillman show up today with Green and co. We shall see!

BigOBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 12:29 PM
You are right. Especially special teams.

Why we haven't gone out and picked up a New Punter I'll never know.

JJBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm not so sure why everyone seems so scared of the Patriots*. They're a good team but certainly beatable, they live and die on Brady* who can be neutralized with a good pass rush. If you want to be the best you have to be the best. Regardless of the Patriots* we have to beat Pitt today to earn the right to play them.

Tbh Carolina scares me more, I don't want to have to sit through another blowout Superbowl. I think with the right game plan and the kicking and screaming attitude we have worked to cultivate, we can beat anyone in the league. Go Broncos!

JJBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Also, I have stated my opinion of Manning over and over, but that decision is out of my hands. Today is game day though, and today that man is our quarterback. Let's go Peyton, this may be the final ride (this postseason), let's make it a memorable one!

JakeNbake
01-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Let's go Broncos!

Colem9r
01-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Could be like ray lewis winning the superbowl before retirement. Lets go Manning/Broncos. Take care of the steelers first.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 12:41 PM
Could be like ray lewis winning the superbowl before retirement. Lets go Manning/Broncos. Take care of the steelers first.

Manning never announced his retirement though so I doubt the league gives him the "Lewis" farewell.
I honestly think the league "helped out" the Ravens that year.

Colem9r
01-17-2016, 12:42 PM
Manning never announced his retirement though so I doubt the league gives him the "Lewis" farewell.

I do to and most people would think if manning wins it all he will hang it up.

JJBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 12:43 PM

They certainly helped them, a lot. I'm not entirely convinced there was any actual intention to purposely impact the outcome of the games though.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 12:47 PM
They certainly helped them, a lot. I'm not entirely convinced there was any actual intention to purposely impact the outcome of the games though.

I agree with you. I think it was more subtle than that. I don't believe there was any conspired effort to affect games, I just think it was more like hometown officiating where the refs in their hearts made calls favorable to the Ravens to help them along. Like seeing the game in a rose colored prism bias for the Ravens.
Does that make sense cause I know what I'm trying to say but, it's difficult to define. Lol

broncoslover115
01-17-2016, 12:57 PM
I agree with you. I think it was more subtle than that. I don't believe there was any conspired effort to affect games, I just think it was more like hometown officiating where the refs in their hearts made calls favorable to the Ravens to help them along. Like seeing the game in a rose colored prism bias for the Ravens.
Does that make sense cause I know what I'm trying to say but, it's difficult to define. Lol

But they weren't playing at home. I absolutely believe with every fiber of my being that the NFL, via the refs, wanted Lewis to go out with a SB win. They singlehandedly gifted BALT 14-21 points in our game to let them advance. Can't say anything further than that.

JJBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 12:58 PM

I know exactly what you're saying and I completely agree. No money exchanged hands, no "favors" were done, yet there was a clear bias throughout the playoff season. That and Joe Flacco carried them to the Superbowl.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 01:01 PM
But they weren't playing at home. I absolutely believe with every fiber of my being that the NFL, via the refs, wanted Lewis to go out with a SB win. They singlehandedly gifted BALT 14-21 points in our game to let them advance. Can't say anything further than that.

No I know they weren't playing at home. But my point was the Ravens were getting that hometown officiating even on the road. They were getting that favorable bias
from officials who were wanting Lewis to go out on top. The officials bias towards Lewis was clouding their judgement on the field.

ELWAY421
01-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Less than two hours! Can't wait.

Colem9r
01-17-2016, 01:11 PM
Lets go broncos.... Lets go broncos.....

BigOBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Getting more and More Nervous as the game approaches. GO BRONCOS.

MHOC
No Juwan?? Interesting

JJBroncoFan
I thought tall quarterbacks shouldn't get balls tipped at the line?

FL BRONCO
01-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Broncos' inactives: Trevor Siemian, Juwan Thompson, Shiloh Keo, Lorenzo Doss, Darius Kilgo, Sam Brenner, Robert Myers

JJBroncoFan
01-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Broncos' inactives: Trevor Siemian, Juwan Thompson, Shiloh Keo, Lorenzo Doss, Darius Kilgo, Sam Brenner, Robert Myers

Is Kilgo hurt?

BroncoSynapses
01-17-2016, 01:19 PM

2 QB's. Ok. Hope our guys are ready to get punched in the mouth and punch back harder.

-Rod-
01-17-2016, 01:30 PM
It's crazy that we will play with only 2 active RBs.

broncoslover115
I thought tall quarterbacks shouldn't get balls tipped at the line?

Brock does have a downward trajectory to his throws. Something he needs to work on.

sheenabobeena
with this game winding down, the anxiety is really setting in now...

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 01:31 PM
I normally stick to a pretty strict diet... No fries foods or sweets or anything but, I bought a king size bag of peanut M&M's and a pint of ice cream for later in case we lose. I will need it... Lol

Please, please let me be opening my freezer tomorrow and seeing that pint just sitting there taunting me.. Lol

broncoslover115
01-17-2016, 01:33 PM

Yeah, that's not good in my humble opinion.

S h o O o b i e
01-17-2016, 01:38 PM

Sketchy! Hopefully nothing happens to either of them or uhhhh dont wanna think about it lol

Bronco51
01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Got to the stadium, and it's electric in the parking lot. No worries about the crowd bringing it. And really, not as many Steelers fans as I thought.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 01:42 PM
Got to the stadium, and it's electric in the parking lot. No worries about the crowd bringing it. And really, not as many Steelers fans as I thought.

Good!!!! So far so good.

Broncoholic JS
01-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Manning throwing in warm ups, usually he doesn't do that. He wants this!!

sheenabobeena
01-17-2016, 01:44 PM

awesome! I know they are giving out orange pom poms too... gotta cancel out any terrible towels!

KansasKrista
Manning throwing in warm ups, usually he doesn't do that. He wants this!!

Or he could be really nervous and just burning off those jitters. Just saying lol

Eighty3
Well, I sure hope the defense and special teams are a bit more on the lookout for trick plays during this game. Pittsburgh's situation kinda puts them in a "nothing to lose/pull out all the stops" role. And the Steelers aren't particularly shy about using trick plays to begin with. I'd be surprised if they don't attempt at least one in hopes of taking advantage of Wade's aggressiveness.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 01:48 PM
For those of you at the game.. You are so blessed!!

Wish I was there.

sheenabobeena
01-17-2016, 01:49 PM
everytime that nationwide commercial comes on and Peyton sings "epic comeback starts right now" I think to myself... I hope so!

Remedy
01-17-2016, 01:49 PM
This game needs to start already.

And just so we are clear, i'm in no mood for any trolling. I want to enjoy the game so anyone who wants to start pushing buttons nice and early so I can get your temp ban time out done and I can relax.

MHOC
01-17-2016, 01:51 PM
I hope the sky is falling and/or Oz should be playing stuff can wait for another day or another thread

assassin216
01-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Any idea how the crowd is looking

Colem9r
01-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Any idea how the crowd is looking

Don't know but a coworker who has season tickets stated tickets were going for over grand and steelers fans were paying it

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Don't know but a coworker who has season tickets stated tickets were going for over grand and steelers fans were paying it

Well yeah I think we expected this. Hoping it's not too bad though.

FL BRONCO
01-17-2016, 01:55 PM
I hope the sky is falling and/or Oz should be playing stuff can wait for another day or another thread

Well if PFM plays well than I'm sure it will wait, if he doesn't then I"m quite sure it won't

Elway
01-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Almost game time, I'm get nervous. Let's get this thing started.

Remedy
01-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Almost game time, I'm get nervous. Let's get this thing started.

can't wait!!!!

ELWAY421
01-17-2016, 02:02 PM
No turnovers, and no injuries. Go Broncos! Enjoy the game everyone.

canadiansbronco
01-17-2016, 02:04 PM
less then 30 min people !!!!!!!!!

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!

HDbroncos02
01-17-2016, 02:08 PM
Bennie Fowler will have a good day today. Just my prediction.

canadiansbronco
01-17-2016, 02:11 PM
DT playing infront of his mom, watch go 200 yards and 2 TD's !!!!!!!

-Rod-
01-17-2016, 02:12 PM
Only 2 RBs active, 6 WRs active and Schofield starting at RT. BRACE YOURSELVES.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 02:12 PM

Oh ughhhhhhh.

Eric Welker
01-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Let's go Broncoooooooooooooooooos!

Bates
01-17-2016, 02:18 PM
NJ Bronco love representing!

roushmartin6
01-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Having only two running backs active has me puzzled. Especially when Ronnie and CJ battled injuries all year

Chrissy
4:20 and counting.. LETS GO BRONCOS..OMAHA HA HA ..PEYTON TRAIN BABY..BIG KISSES

EddieMac
This game needs to start already.

And just so we are clear, i'm in no mood for any trolling. I want to enjoy the game so anyone who wants to start pushing buttons nice and early so I can get your temp ban time out done and I can relax.

What this guys says..... No tolerance today ... I want to enjoy this game... and if it goes sideways.... I'll be meaner :D

BengalB
01-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Hi Broco Fans!!

As you can tell by my screen name, I'm a Bengals fan, BUT, I now live out here in the GREAT state of Colorado so I'm paying more attention to them (how can you not, lol)!

Anyways I'm PRAYING the Broncos put the Stealers in the dirt today!! Finish what the Bengals started.

It's SO upsetting to me that I should be at that game rooting for my hometown team, the Bengals but really bad officiating and unprofessional coaches prevented that.

So, again, GOOD LUCK BRONCOS!!

Put Big Jen on his ass!

Elway
01-17-2016, 02:24 PM
Hi Broco Fans!!

As you can tell by my screen name, I'm a Bengals fan, BUT, I now live out here in the GREAT state of Colorado so I'm paying more attention to them (how can you not, lol)!

Anyways I'm PRAYING the Broncos put the Stealers in the dirt today!! Finish what the Bengals started.

It's SO upsetting to me that I should be at that game rooting for my hometown team, the Bengals but really bad officiating and unprofessional coaches prevented that.

So, again, GOOD LUCK BRONCOS!!

Put Big Jen on his ass!

That is what we are hoping to do. Nothing is a given, but Denver will do there best to beat the Steelers and not themselves.

broncos SB2010
01-17-2016, 02:25 PM

That surprises me. Maybe it's because Pitt doesn't really have great pass rushers and they feel Schofield will be able to hold his own against them

Remedy
01-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Gonna be a good game!

Got a lot of steeler fan friends. Gonna be a good game!

VADER72
01-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Let's do this boys

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 02:27 PM
That surprises me. Maybe it's because Pitt doesn't really have great pass rushers and they feel Schofield will be able to hold his own against them

I'm very surprised too. I hope our coaches aren't underestimating the Steelers.

Bates
01-17-2016, 02:28 PM

Schofield couldn't hold his own against a sloth.

Broncoyearound
01-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Let's put a game together for 60 minutes. Protect the home field let's go guys and gals!

pikman
01-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Let "overreaction Sunday" begin!! Go Orange & Blue!

Apatsfan22
01-17-2016, 02:31 PM
They just called rothesburger heroic on the pre game show lol

Chrissy
46%degrees..peyton weather,,i llllooooooovvvvvvveeeeee you peyton..

JesseH
Butterflies ...

Hadez
Glad the game is finally here

The speculation can stop and we can get to see for real how things play out!

elway7777
It looks like we kept the Steelers fans out for the most part.

broncoslover115
01-17-2016, 02:32 PM

Gag me! So now they're doing the same with the injuries like they do with NE. Ugh! Sick of it.

KansasKrista
01-17-2016, 02:32 PM

Of course. I said last week I thought Ben was making sure everyone knew how hurt he was and how much pain he was in. He basked in that coming in hurt to win the game junk.
The media eats all that up.

Broncos-R-Great
01-17-2016, 02:33 PM
A lot of orange in the stands! I love it!

Hadez
01-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Was looking at the Bronco side of the field but I was glad to see so much orange and almost no yellow!

one_bad_55
01-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goz:

VenomousDB
Let's go Broncos!!! Man I wish I was there.

EddieMac
Less than 10 minutes..... have the jitters now.....

All positive thoughts.... All positive thoughts......All positive thoughts.......

canadiansbronco
HERE WE GO PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!

Doesnt look like there is much yellow in the crowd !

elway7777
Maybe Ben is not hurt all that much.

Fargo
01-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Let's rock this house! :logo: :logo:

JakeNbake
01-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Anxious as can be.

Bates
01-17-2016, 02:37 PM
We got this. Let's play strong and bring NE to some hostile territory next week!

RunYouOver
Let's go Denver!!!!!!!!

Chrissy
I love you peyton..you got this baby..1yard at a time..i'm with you..its broncos time..

Bronco51
01-17-2016, 02:38 PM
HERE WE GO PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!

Doesnt look like there is much yellow in the crowd !

The yellow isn't prevalent. Mostly up top. But not overboard like when they usually come to town.

Chrissy
Here we go

Chrissy
The yellow isn't prevalent. Mostly up top. But not overboard like when they usually come to town.

That yellow looks better in the parking lot..

Elway
01-17-2016, 02:39 PM
Butterflies ...

50 ft butterflies....

JesseH
Glad the game is finally here

The speculation can stop and we can get to see for real how things play out!

M etoo, I want to see what Manning can do, rested and healthy.

canadiansbronco
Looks like a sea of Orange i love it !!!

broncosaurus
01-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Great. We're gonna have to listen to Simms root for the Steelers.

JJBroncoFan
Here we go boys, here we go!

broncoslover115
So are we gonna hear about PITs injuries all damn day?

TH3JUICEMAN
Go Broncos!!!

Eric Welker
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11122/111227192/4679863-joker-batman-heath-ledger-start-here-we-go.gif

Remedy
01-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Alright big ben lets see how that shoulder is.

Come on D!

Fargo
WEWT WEWT. I'm giddy!

canadiansbronco
ok so Ben's arm is fine

Remedy
shoulder got some power in it! 50 yard toss that time.

dandaman23
Doesn't look injured to me..

HDbroncos02
LETS GO BRONCOS!!!

NOTHIN ELSE TO SAY LETS GO OUT KICKING AND SCREAMING

Broncos 24-20

Bates
Lol Ben kills his arm on the first play by over throwing 3 yards.

broncosaurus
01-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Couple of shoulder-to-shoulder hits on Roethlisberger should make him shaky.

dandaman23
Let's go D hold them here

JJBroncoFan
Scary start Harris, Wolfe getting involved already

KansasKrista
I told you guys Ben wasn't that hurt.

ABQBronco25
That first play is exactly why I'm glad Brian Billick made the "drama queen" comment. Ben is tough, but he definitely is milking how badly he is hurting IMO.

sybrite
Just remember that they probably gave him a shot which will wear off in the second quarter most likely

gtown53
Just like I've been saying, Roethlisberger's arm is fine. Just as it was when he came back into last weeks game AFTER the injury.

broncosaurus
Good start, defense!!!!

canadiansbronco
TJ !!!!!!!!!!!!

Big play

Fargo
Nice tackle!!!

Elway
01-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Good first series Defense!

JJBroncoFan
Ward! Da man!

dandaman23
Great read by Ward there.

VenomousDB
Ward sniffed it out!!

Bates
I love having TJ back!

EddieMac
Beautiful play Ward!! Well read

LSIGRAD09
Good start on D.

captainbronco
2 weeks off no notable injuries 60%steelers home field no damm excuses to lose this one

one_bad_55
way to shut them down.

Eric Welker
Three and out!

HDbroncos02
HECK YES let's go Ward!!

VenomousDB
We came to play baby!!!!

Fargo
Wow that was great!

broncoslover115
No flags on STs!!!!

JJBroncoFan
Just like I've been saying, Roethlisberger's arm is fine. Just as it was when he came back into last weeks game AFTER the injury.

Not sure that's the throw to cite, horrible accuracy.

Bolden!

dandaman23
I haven't seen our boys look this fired up in a while.

LSIGRAD09
01-17-2016, 02:44 PM
Great effort by Bolden

Elway
Great return!

captainbronco
Nice return

Remedy
Nice return

broncosaurus
There goes Simms already. Blaming injuries. What a tool.

thescienceguy
figured the long throw would come early... hope the secondary respects the arm and doesn't get burned

ABQBronco25
Omar, it's great to have you back!!!

Bootleg
Nice return Bolden!

Fargo
Good first down.

dandaman23
Here we go. So far so good.

JJBroncoFan
Wow Peyton had some zip there, that's encouraging

dizzolve
I have a good feeling about this game.

No penalties on the big return? Guys are focused

captainbronco
01-17-2016, 02:45 PM
Gotta catch thise dt yo mama is watching!

BroncoFan03
Is it just me or does manning looks like he try's really hard to drop back from under center.

Elway
Hold on to the ball DT!

canadiansbronco
Passes look kinda slow to me

dandaman23
Manning's passes look nice and sharp. DT can't have drops today.

LSIGRAD09
Don't start this crap Thomas.

Bates
DT dropping balls already.

one_bad_55
thomas has to catch that one

majicman067
liking this start

captainbronco
Run straight damn it

rst08tierney
DT cone on man!

sheenabobeena
come on DT, your mom is there!

EddieMac
40 yards fir 5 ..... lol but like the effort

dandaman23
Hillman showing some fight. I like it. Need to convert here.

HurricaneDovs
01-17-2016, 02:46 PM
C'mon guys. Punch it in.

canadiansbronco
Go for it !

JJBroncoFan
Dang short

VenomousDB
Damnit cmon!!