PDA

View Full Version : John Fox

saltparrot
01-24-2016, 07:59 PM
Poor guy. Two teams he took to the super bowl and lost with are going back without him. Kubiak or Rivera will do what he couldn't.

Chillez
01-24-2016, 08:03 PM
Poor guy. Two teams he took to the super bowl and lost with are going back without him. Kubiak or Rivera will do what he couldn't.

Yeah oh well stuff happens. Fox is still good coach no shame in this. I doubt he is loosing any sleep over this.

PAINTERDAVE
01-24-2016, 08:08 PM
He threw in the towel last year..
had a foot out the door to Chicago ...
before we even took the field against the Colts.
-
No love lost for Foxball.

cmc0605
01-24-2016, 08:09 PM
Him and Del Rio gave up on the team. I thought Gase was okay.

Whatever.

HarlemHeat
01-24-2016, 08:11 PM
Ya, poor guy, making 4 million $ to be a mediocre coach, lol.

MHOC
01-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Prob not Car making it but I'm sure he is about Denver. You know he is rooting for Car, sure he feels like he helped build what we have now and he should have been back this year.

Butler By'Note
01-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Ya, poor guy, making 4 million $ to be a mediocre coach, lol.

He's far from a mediocre coach. He's rebuilt two teams from franchise worst records and taken them to the Super Bowl. Most coaches aren't good enough to even make it to one Super Bowl, forget going to two with two different teams.

With that being said he's got a ceiling, and it appears that ceiling is actually being able to win the SB. But if you're a team who needs a coach to turn your franchise around and make them a legitimate team, John Fox is a great choice.

Butler By'Note
01-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Prob not Car making it but I'm sure he is about Denver. You know he is rooting for Car, sure he feels like he helped build what we have now and he should have been back this year.

He lives in Carolina in the offseason still, I believe his kids go to college in the Carolinas, he's deeply rooted there. He'll always be a big part of that franchises history, while in Denver he was just another coach.

snewguy
01-24-2016, 08:41 PM

He can be comforted by the fact that Elway replaced him for a guy he thought would implement a balanced offense with zone running game... that was not the thing that was the difference... the difference is a great D...and the guy that Wade Phillips replaced has done a good job with the Raiders...

gtown53
01-24-2016, 08:47 PM
Elway brought Kubiak in to change the "culture" and the "philosophy". And today is the result.

It is always easy to stick with what is "safe", like the Playoffs we went to with Fox. But, if you want to bark in the tall weeds with the big dogs, you have to take chances. Kubiak was a winning acquisition.

ksubroncosfan
01-24-2016, 08:47 PM
He's far from a mediocre coach. He's rebuilt two teams from franchise worst records and taken them to the Super Bowl. Most coaches aren't good enough to even make it to one Super Bowl, forget going to two with two different teams.

With that being said he's got a ceiling, and it appears that ceiling is actually being able to win the SB. But if you're a team who needs a coach to turn your franchise around and make them a legitimate team, John Fox is a great choice.

I don't quite remember the panthers team. But, John elway took a team coming off a terrible season and built them to play in a Super Bowl. Just about any mediocre coach could have made it that year with our personnel.

Butler By'Note
01-24-2016, 08:51 PM
I don't quite remember the panthers team. But, John elway took a team coming off a terrible season and built them to play in a Super Bowl. Just about any mediocre coach could have made it that year with our personnel.

John Fox was the right coach for the situation because he came in and brought in a level of professionalism. Remember this team was 4-12 and then the next year turned to Tebow and Fox made that work going 8-8 and winning the division. No disrespect to anyone but to somehow paint John Fox as a bad or even mediocre coach is completely wrong.

The Panthers were 1-15 when they hired John Fox, 2 years later they played in the Super Bowl and were a Jon Kasay kickoff out of bounds away from having a chance to win it.

SammyWinder
01-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Yeah oh well stuff happens. Fox is still good coach no shame in this. I doubt he is loosing any sleep over this.

Dude is a average coach, take Payton Manning away from him and check his record as Head coach.

PAINTERDAVE
01-24-2016, 09:33 PM

Umm. NO.

His best friend got the GM job in Chicago...
and before Broncos even played their first playoff game last season ( Indy)..
Fox was already planning to leave Denver and coachthe bears.
The last thing he wanted was to win against Indy....
and move forward in the playoffs.
Fox was eager to get to work in Chicago...
and time spent with Broncos was WASTED time for his new life.

Fox QUIT on this team..
Fox QUIT on Elway...
and
Fox QUIT on Manning.

It was HIS CHOICE to NOT be here.

Butler By'Note
01-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Dude is a average coach, take Payton Manning away from him and check his record as Head coach.

He also made the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme as his QB.

Chillez
01-24-2016, 09:40 PM
He also made the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme as his QB.

Yup and that's accomplishment even in itself.

broncolee
01-25-2016, 06:10 AM
Umm. NO.

His best friend got the GM job in Chicago...
and before Broncos even played their first playoff game last season ( Indy)..
Fox was already planning to leave Denver and coachthe bears.
The last thing he wanted was to win against Indy....
and move forward in the playoffs.
Fox was eager to get to work in Chicago...
and time spent with Broncos was WASTED time for his new life.

Fox QUIT on this team..
Fox QUIT on Elway...
and
Fox QUIT on Manning.

It was HIS CHOICE to NOT be here.

I think it was evident that Elway quit on Fox.

Would he have had one foot out the door if he wasn't being pushed?

baphamet
01-25-2016, 10:22 AM
yeah and also make that two ex chargers DC's in the SB this year (wade and ron)

Frenchy180
01-25-2016, 09:51 PM
I think it was evident that Elway quit on Fox.

Would he have had one foot out the door if he wasn't being pushed?

Would he have been being pushed if he'd been the right coach for the job anymore?