PDA

View Full Version : Helicopters used to find Johnny Manziel after possible assault of ex

assassin216
01-30-2016, 06:16 PM
CLEVELAND — Troubled Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel is being investigated by police in Texas following a disturbance during which he may have assaulted his ex-girlfriend.

Manziel, who has had two tumultuous seasons in the NFL, was identified by Forth Worth police after they were called at about 2 a.m. Saturday to investigate a report of a possible assault at an apartment complex. The officers didn’t find the person who called, but they spoke to an unidentified 23-year-old woman who said she was “involved in a disturbance with her ex-boyfriend” earlier that night in Dallas.

Sgt. Steve Enright later identified him as Manziel. There were no arrests, and it’s not clear if Manziel has yet been questioned.

Police didn’t say if the woman was hurt. An ambulance was called, but she was not taken to a hospital.

The police report said the woman was uncooperative with officers, who were unable to locate a crime scene. The woman raised concerns about her ex-boyfriend’s well-being. Police tried calling Manziel’s cell phone and searching for him — including by helicopter, per the Star-Telegram — before it determined he was safe.

Fort Worth police are working with Dallas police to determine if a crime occurred.

The Browns had no immediate comment Saturday.

Beyond the legal matter, Manziel could face discipline from the league. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an email the league is “aware and looking into it.”

This is the second time Manziel has been questioned by police followinig an argument with his girlfriend.

In October, police in Avon, Ohio, received an emergency call after Manziel and Colleen Crowley were spotted fighting as they drove together near the quarterback’s home on the west side of Cleveland. Manziel was not arrested but the matter prompted an NFL investigation to see if he violated the league’s personal conduct policy.

Crowley had told police that Manziel hit her and pushed her head against a car window. The couple told police they had been drinking alcohol earlier in the day.

Manziel was later questioned by a league investigator and cleared, but it was another mark on his already tainted reputation.

The 23-year-old player’s latest off-field problem won’t help his standing with the Browns, who seem to be distancing themselves from the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner from Texas A&M..

As of Friday, new coach Hue Jackson had not yet been in contact with Manziel. The Browns were disappointed when the second-year quarterback, who was taken with the No. 22 overall pick in the 2013 draft, missed a scheduled medical treatment on the final day of the season.

Manziel was in concussion protocol at the time, and although he was not required to be at the Browns’ home finale against Pittsburgh, the team was not sure of his location as reports surfaced he was partying in Las Vegas. He was fined for not reporting to the team’s faciity on Jan. 3.

Earlier this week, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he thought Manziel’s relationship with the team could be saved but his behavior may force the team to release or trade him.

“I think Johnny made progress on the field last year. I think that’s undeniable,” Haslam said Thursday night. “We have a certain expectation for our players and that includes Johnny, and he’s got to live up to those expectations.”

Manziel spent more than 70 days in a Pennsylvania rehabilitation facility specializing in alcohol and drug addiction treatment last winter.

If they want to release Manziel, the earliest they can do so is Feb. 8, the day after the Super Bowl, when the NFL’s waiver system begins. Teams can’t make trades until the new league year begins on March 9.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/30/helicopters-used-to-find-johnny-manziel-after-possible-assault-of-ex/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

assassin216
01-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Let's see,how folks who criticize Cam Newton for dancing defend this...

ELWAY421
01-30-2016, 06:40 PM
Let's see,how folks who criticize Cam Newton for dancing defend this...

No defending it! He doesn't belong in the NFL! His problems are a little bigger than having a few beers. Sad thing is Cleveland still has to oay him that guaranteed money.

johntbronco
01-30-2016, 06:52 PM
I think its sad that someone with so much potential ends up pissing it away.

Good luck Johnny, whatever happens to you.

assassin216
01-30-2016, 07:25 PM
No defending it! He doesn't belong in the NFL! His problems are a little bigger than having a few beers. Sad thing is Cleveland still has to oay him that guaranteed money.

Believe me,you have folks defending this scum,while at the same time criticizing Cam for his TD dance.

People are saying,he don't want to be in Cleveland,while ignoring that he was the one who texted the quarterback coach and some members of the coaching staff at the time.

If,he don't want to be in Cleveland,he should of never texted the team,because Pettine and Farmer didn't want him in the first place...they wanted Carr at the time,but got overruled by the owner,who wanted to make a name for himself,even though he hasn't done nothing to deserve it.

-Rod-
01-30-2016, 08:08 PM
Whoever signs or - even worse - trades for Manziel will be the early front-runner for the 2016 Dumbest GM of the Year Award.

EddieMac
01-30-2016, 08:17 PM
I think he would do well here :)

Lol if it wasn't for the place he was picked it could compete for the jafatty and leaf as the worst picks ever !

broncoslover115
01-31-2016, 06:33 PM
The guy needs serious treatment. He is in trouble and is spiraling out of control.

baphamet
01-31-2016, 08:20 PM
I think he would do well here :)

Lol if it wasn't for the place he was picked it could compete for the jafatty and leaf as the worst picks ever !

the thing is, unlike those two the kid was showing signs of improvement on the field, he's just a dumpster fire off it.

Grandpa
01-31-2016, 11:19 PM
Whoever signs or - even worse - trades for Manziel will be the early front-runner for the 2016 Dumbest GM of the Year Award.
And probably among the top five finalists for the award by the end of the year .....

I don't like quoting ESPN and NFLNetwork talking heads, but one of them said something last week about another situation that fits perfectly in this case. The statement was "Some people are just not made for the moment." It's more than what happens on the field, and Manziel just doesn't appear to be made for an all-around NFL moment. Nor even a CFL moment.

KansasKrista
02-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Believe me,you have folks defending this scum,while at the same time criticizing Cam for his TD dance.

People are saying,he don't want to be in Cleveland,while ignoring that he was the one who texted the quarterback coach and some members of the coaching staff at the time.

If,he don't want to be in Cleveland,he should of never texted the team,because Pettine and Farmer didn't want him in the first place...they wanted Carr at the time,but got overruled by the owner,who wanted to make a name for himself,even though he hasn't done nothing to deserve it.

Where are all these people who defend Johnny Manziel but, attack Cam Newton? You said "believe me" so, how about you provide actual people and not just make blanketed statements like this?

I dislike Newton very much. I was never wild about him but, this lead up to the Super Bowl has really started my intense dislike for him. So what? It has nothing to do with Johnny Manziel.. Who is probably a criminal and no doubt a highly self destructive person with a highly entitled attitude. Who in their right mind would defend Manziel?? Why would they defend him?? Manziel is not in any way a man to admire or root for or defend. Period.

I actually dislike both these men for very different reasons.

In truth though Cam should have never been brought into this.

assassin216
02-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Where are all these people who defend Johnny Manziel but, attack Cam Newton? You said "believe me" so, how about you provide actual people and not just make blanketed statements like this?

I dislike Newton very much. I was never wild about him but, this lead up to the Super Bowl has really started my intense dislike for him. So what? It has nothing to do with Johnny Manziel.. Who is probably a criminal and no doubt a highly self destructive person with a highly entitled attitude. Who in their right mind would defend Manziel?? Why would they defend him?? Manziel is not in any way a man to admire or root for or defend. Period.

I actually dislike both these men for very different reasons.

In truth though Cam should have never been brought into this.

You have folks saying the girlfriend is making it up and he has CTE...Hell,living in Cleveland,you have folks,who believe the media is trying to ruin his name,so that should tell you something and the reason why I brought up Cam Newton is because folks are acting like he robbed them or did some criminal activity towards them for the past two weeks.

Charlie Brown
02-07-2016, 10:03 PM
I couldn't be happier than to see his career essentially flat-lining.

I do hope that he gets his life in order, though. I said before he was drafted that he was a mix of Ryan Leaf and Todd Marinovich.

I think it is apparent now, that I hit the nail on the head.

LSIGRAD09
02-07-2016, 10:19 PM
I couldn't be happier than to see his career essentially flat-lining.

I do hope that he gets his life in order, though. I said before he was drafted that he was a mix of Ryan Leaf and Todd Marinovich.

I think it is apparent now, that I hit the nail on the head.

Hey, you're back! I'm glad to see Manziel on the outs in Cleveland.

Strip Sacked
02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
But... He's white...

#CamSlam

Starbroncs
02-09-2016, 03:48 AM
how is it that kids come out of these drafts and everyone talks about huge character concerns. A team drafts him anyways and people are always shocked when they break the law. Also how can these people be so freaking stupid? You are given everything in life and so many of these kids pull something like this..just so dumb.

Grandpa
02-09-2016, 05:15 AM
Personally, the money for the fuel spent flying those choppers to search for this loser, could have been better spent trying to track down ants sneaking into cookie jars. Leave his sorry butt out there, empty his locker into a Glad trash bag, and put it outside the door to the training facility with a note that reads "Find another job, loser!"

Just another NFL draftee that needs to shed enablers before he picks up jailers to control his life .....

-Rod-
02-09-2016, 01:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/09/am-teammate-says-manziel-contributed-to-a-chaotic-culture/

Former A&M quarterback Kyle Allen says he transferred to Houston last month largely because he disliked the culture of the A&M football program — a culture that Allen says goes back to Manziel thinking the rules didn’t apply to him.

“I think the culture was a big part of it, and I think that stems from Johnny’s era there — the way that they let Johnny and [others] act there,” Allen told CBS. “They [could] do that and still win games because they had Johnny . . . and five offensive linemen playing in the NFL right now.”

Allen says there was enough talent at A&M that the Aggies were able to go 11-2 and 9-4 in Manziel’s two seasons as their starting quarterback, but thinking they could win on talent alone and not hard work was bad for the long-term health of the football team.

“A lot of people were riding off that, ‘I can do whatever the hell I want and win on Saturday,'” Allen said.

And how about the Patriots scouting report on Manziel?

http://brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-scouting-report-new-england-patriots/

On his family:

From the vibe of online articles, father seems a little too involved and overstepping his boundaries.

Vibe on this guy keeps getting worse. Support staff members are sick of him and ready for him to go. Described as a cocky, me-guy.

Loves football, FBI is high as well. Everything has been pretty well-documented in online articles about the kid, but sources say he’s a spoiled brat (grandfather gives him allowance, father bought him luxury car).

Comes from ‘outlaw bloodlines’, mom moved the family to Kerrville to get away from father’s wild family. Father’s family is said to be very shady people, always into something, they are the root of Johnny’s personality.

On his psyche:

Couple of TXTC sources say can’t yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from Kingsbury in the past.

On his work ethic:

Doesn’t study the game, said to know about 60% of the offense in ’12, never watches film; one source said only time he watched film during ’12 was before ALUN.

Knows how to scheme the system, arrogant and full of himself, but he’s not smug to coaches. Has been like this since Day 1, has never gone to class, goes to beat of own drum, but has ultimate confidence.

On how his teammates view him:

Teammates don’t dislike him, but there’s some resentment, more so in the offseason when he isn’t coming to workouts and they are busting their butt.

:laugh:

https://brobible.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/manziel-13.png?w=640&h=750

https://brobible.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/manziel-2-13.png?w=640&h=540

Crazy. It's crazy that a GM actually took this kid in the 1st round.

JJBroncoFan
02-12-2016, 07:49 PM

So you can't criticize both for different reasons? One has to do with bad sportsmanship and the other being a piece of crap human being.

As far as him being drafted by someone who hasn't earned the right, the guy is the owner of an NFL franchise for crying out loud lol.