PDA

View Full Version : LA releases Laurinaitis, Long, Cook

Broncos_man23
02-19-2016, 01:07 PM
If we lose Malik or Trevathan how would you fee bringing one of the two?

THEdraftnik
02-19-2016, 01:13 PM
I'd like to see Long as a 5tech in Wade's scheme. I'd rather get a better cover guy than Laurinaitis though.

Rich_C
02-19-2016, 01:16 PM
Miller from the Steelers also announced his retirement. A bunch of these moves will really dictate who goes where in the draft.

Murph2432
02-19-2016, 01:22 PM
If we lose Danny I would hop all over laurinatis. Dude is a tackling machine

Scheyjosh
02-19-2016, 01:23 PM
I don't understand releasing James at all...new city and the face of that defense.

I can see cook because he was paid too much and produced too little.

What do you all think?

Kansas Bob
02-19-2016, 01:28 PM
I know our fiirst option is too resign our own FA, although I would love to know what kind of money Laurinaitis would be wanting. lol

multimoussa
02-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Laurinaitis just made trev's price go down big time I think.

beastlyskronk
02-19-2016, 01:39 PM
Laurinaitis is on the decline, if we are going after declining LBs I'd go after Timmons, at least he played well in the playoffs

Dennis.1960
02-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Wow...it's been many years since I saw any NFL team related article/headline/whatever begin with "LA releases..." ;)

CanDB
02-19-2016, 03:00 PM
When I read this I was really surprised. I didn't know that Laurinaitus and Long were in any jeopardy. Both may be great additions to other NFL teams.

And yes, I'd be cool with either one pending how negotiations go with our guys.

HUMCALC
02-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Laurinaitis doesn't fit the 3-4

Rancid
02-20-2016, 06:53 AM
In the headwinds of cap limitation, I don't think adding expensive under-performing re-treads is the way to go.

Jermz79
02-21-2016, 06:04 PM
Laurinaitus has played 99.7% of all defensive plays, 7498 out of 7519 plays. He's only missed 21 snaps in 7 years

I read that the other day and couldn't believe it but it's conpletely true. Pretty amazing stat.

SaTAN KROENKE
02-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Former St. Louis Rams fan here, recently converted to Broncos fan.. Chris Long has battled some injuries the past two years, and the Laurinaitus was constantly getting ripped on by the fan base for taking bad angles and blowing coverage. That said - I'm sure that some quality coaching could help JL with his issues.

L.M.
02-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Former St. Louis Rams fan here, recently converted to Broncos fan.. Chris Long has battled some injuries the past two years, and the Laurinaitus was constantly getting ripped on by the fan base for taking bad angles and blowing coverage. That said - I'm sure that some quality coaching could help JL with his issues.

You should know that Kroenke is a huge Denver sports mogul who owns half of Colorado's teams (Avs, Nuggets, Rapids, Mammoth, etc.), and he's friends with John Elway and Pat Bowlen (all three co-owned the Colorado Crush arena football team). When the move to L.A. vote went down in Houston recently, Broncos CEO Joe Ellis was there to support Kroenke.

ebsoria
02-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Wow...it's been many years since I saw any NFL team related article/headline/whatever begin with "LA releases..." ;)

Kinda weird.

Chrissy
02-24-2016, 12:15 PM
If we lose Danny I would hop all over laurinatis. Dude is a tackling machine

Hes like his dad..(Animal from the Road Warriors ) I would say he has some staying power.. He will get picked up no doubt by somebody .

SaTAN KROENKE
02-24-2016, 04:05 PM
You should know that Kroenke is a huge Denver sports mogul who owns half of Colorado's teams (Avs, Nuggets, Rapids, Mammoth, etc.), and he's friends with John Elway and Pat Bowlen (all three co-owned the Colorado Crush arena football team). When the move to L.A. vote went down in Houston recently, Broncos CEO Joe Ellis was there to support Kroenke.

Yes, I am aware of Kroenke's sports holdings in Denver. I relocated from St. Louis a while ago, and I grew up a Rams fan - so it was easy to continue to be a Rams fan. Now there's no reason for me to follow the Rams, so I might as well enjoy the local team.