PDA

View Full Version : Titans trade #1 pick to Rams

MHOC
04-14-2016, 06:08 AM
That will change a few mocks

Spice 1
04-14-2016, 06:10 AM
So the Browns are screwed on Wentz now?

https://twitter.com/search?q=titans+trade+pick&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Ese arch

Hadez
04-14-2016, 06:11 AM
http://m.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Trade-Top-Pick-Acquire-Multiple-Picks-from-Rams/b958c020-d4f6-4bbb-ab97-2747e1599854

Took me a lil bit to find a source

PAINTERDAVE
04-14-2016, 06:14 AM
Titans made a great deal...
Titans now have six picks in the top 76 in this year's draft - 15, 33, 43, 45, 64 and 76

ELWAY421
04-14-2016, 06:14 AM

https://twitter.com/search?q=titans+trade+pick&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Ese arch

I read they like Goff. Whatever they do, QB or no QB they need to get the draft right this time. I think they will with Jackson and the new front office.

PAINTERDAVE
04-14-2016, 06:16 AM

Browns liked Goff, anyway, from what I heard...
but we also heard about that trade rumour, with Buffalo..

kingelway7
04-14-2016, 06:25 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgAYsPVXEAE2IRG.jpg:medium

Rams also get Titans 4th and 6th round picks this year too.

Atwnbroncfan
04-14-2016, 06:26 AM
Paxton Lynch just vaulted into a top 10 pick.

PAINTERDAVE
04-14-2016, 06:28 AM
So... this makes a run on QB's much more likely.

Lynch will probably be gone no later than pick 7.. San Fran.,
certainly a top 10.

No way Denver could trade up for Lynch now.
-
All down the line... ALL QB's just jumped IMHO

FlowdaBroncoFan
04-14-2016, 06:30 AM
Now SD,Dallas, and Jax have top picks on defense to get. No doubt that QB go 1 and 2. How far does Tunsil fall?

MHOC
04-14-2016, 06:32 AM
If Clev really wants to add picks
Can only hope SF try's to move to 2 if you are in the Kap camp.

Lynch camp might as well be dead now...

That Taylor rumor deal is god awful for us
A first and I assume a player like Shaq is a rip off

I'd trade ShaQ for Taylor straight up and maybe a 5th or later pick

PAINTERDAVE
04-14-2016, 06:33 AM
So, Titans gonna make a stellar jump in talent here...
and it wont take long with those top picks to become very competitive.
-
So who is that affect? lol

The road for Brock and the Texans just got a little bit harder.

PAINTERDAVE
04-14-2016, 06:35 AM
If Clev really wants to add picks
Can only hope SF try's to move to 2 if you are in the Kap camp.

Lynch camp might as well be dead now...

That Taylor rumor deal is god awful for us
A first and I assume a player like Shaq is a rip off

I'd trade ShaQ for Taylor straight up and maybe a 5th or later pick

The player is un named ( in the rumour)
Somebody said Shaq last night.. and suddenly everyone is saying Shaq is the guy.

It is a rumour, and Shaq is not been named by anyone but a Bronco poster.

FlowdaBroncoFan
04-14-2016, 06:40 AM
The player is un named ( in the rumour)
Somebody said Shaq last night.. and suddenly everyone is saying Shaq is the guy.

It is a rumour, and Shaq is not been named by anyone but a Bronco poster.

What is this new rumor? I have not heard it yet.

MHOC
I know but it makes sense for Buff to want him.. they aren't going to ask for a scrub player lol

Rich_C
I read they like Goff. Whatever they do, QB or no QB they need to get the draft right this time. I think they will with Jackson and the new front office.

I don't know why the Browns would try and grab a QB when this year crop of Qb's are good but not fantastic. Cleveland can get a god to great haul of picks to better their team if they were to trade out of #2. It would also put RGIII in yet another really bad situation after they just paid him some pretty decent money to come into Cleveland.

Freyaka
04-14-2016, 06:43 AM
What is this new rumor? I have not heard it yet.

It's not a rumor to put any stock in. It's already been shot down by some of the local media and absolutely no one outside of netsportsone is reporting it.

Rich_C
04-14-2016, 06:44 AM
For everyone's reference.

The deal is as follows:
Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016) third-round pick (2016), first-round pick (2017), third-round pick (2017)

Ram Get: 4th Round Pick (2016), 6th Round Pick (2016) & 1st overall pick (2016)

New news has been released - updated the details.

samparnell
04-14-2016, 06:45 AM
Is it Carson Wentz time for the L.A. Rams? Or, is it Jared Goff time? Any other possibilities of which anyone can think?

BroncoFanBoy
04-14-2016, 06:47 AM
I'd definitely take Wentz with that pick if I was the Rams. Interesting trade.

MHOC
04-14-2016, 06:50 AM
LA really wants the spot light on them!! A lot to give up to make a splash!! More of a chance of failing then winning with deals like this! Better hope you get a talent like Rivers Big Ben etc...

ELWAY421
04-14-2016, 06:53 AM
I don't know why the Browns would try and grab a QB when this year crop of Qb's are good but not fantastic. Cleveland can get a god to great haul of picks to better their team if they were to trade out of #2. It would also put RGIII in yet another really bad situation after they just paid him some pretty decent money to come into Cleveland.

I agree with you. With as bad as the Browns roster is they are bound for the #1 overall next year. They should draft bpa ,and get their QB next year. Although, I don't know anything about nexts years QB class.

ELWAY421
04-14-2016, 06:54 AM
Is it Carson Wentz time for the L.A. Rams? Or, is it Jared Goff time? Any other possibilities of which anyone can think?

I'd be willing to bet it's Wentz.

samparnell
04-14-2016, 07:04 AM
Paxton Lynch just vaulted into a top 10 pick.

That's what I'm thinkin'. Start the draft off with a run on QBs.

samparnell
04-14-2016, 07:07 AM
It's not a rumor to put any stock in. It's already been shot down by some of the local media and absolutely no one outside of netsportsone is reporting it.

Is that a steroid?

samparnell
04-14-2016, 07:09 AM
For everyone's reference.

The deal is as follows:
Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016) third-round pick (2016), first-round pick (2017), third-round pick (2017)

all for this years #1 pick.

The Steve Tensi trade pales in comparison.

Rastic
04-14-2016, 07:09 AM
The Titans got the better part of the deal.

The Rams might have just sold the farm.

samparnell
04-14-2016, 07:10 AM
I agree with you. With as bad as the Browns roster is they are bound for the #1 overall next year. They should draft bpa ,and get their QB next year. Although, I don't know anything about nexts years QB class.

2017 isn't supposed to have a strong QB group.

samparnell
04-14-2016, 07:11 AM
I'd be willing to bet it's Wentz.

That seems to be the conventional wisdom. Carson can trade his snowshoes for a surfboard.

MHOC
04-14-2016, 07:13 AM
Guess they moved this thread from the "NFL draft" section...

PAINTERDAVE
04-14-2016, 07:16 AM
The Titans got the better part of the deal.

The Rams might have just sold the farm.

especially since the Titans didn't want a QB with pick one anyway.

ELWAY421
04-14-2016, 07:25 AM
That seems to be the conventional wisdom. Carson can trade his snowshoes for a surfboard.

I was wrong. It's being reported they like Goff lol.

Spice 1
04-14-2016, 07:26 AM
especially since the Titans didn't want a QB with pick one anyway.

Fisher and Snead are probably sick and tired of people killing them for going 8-8 with turd quarterbacks.

ELWAY421
04-14-2016, 07:30 AM

That's all I kept hearing about 2016, and like you've stated & now we have 4 or possibly 5 QB's going in the first round?

samparnell
04-14-2016, 07:33 AM
That's all I kept hearing about 2016, and like you've stated & now we have 4 or possibly 5 QB's going in the first round?

Hard to say. I think all QBs will move up the boards. How many climb into the first round remains to be seen. I would guess four.

PAINTERDAVE
04-14-2016, 07:38 AM

There is a shortage of good quality QB's in this league.
The demand for QB's is high... independent of the supply.

the0rangecrush
04-14-2016, 07:39 AM

I think Watson will be a stud, but after that Baker or Kelly? Given the deep DL class, Denver could be in a position to move down for say a future 2nd and current 2nd, and take a talented DL still. This would give us a projected

And with comp picks being tradable next year, we could make a move for Watson.

GiddyupGetEm
04-14-2016, 07:49 AM
This deal is what is wrong with the NFL. Desperate GMs (in this case, Jeff Fisher/Les Snead) make desperate moves for desperate owners that inevitably harm smart GMs and owners. We already have an environment where an average quarterback can demand $18 million/year, and this Rams-Titans deal incorrectly justifies giving up substantially more cap-space or draft picks for marginal expected return. As a result, the rate of inflation amongst quarterbacks exceeds the rate of inflation of the salary cap. So when the desperate GM's move fails he is fired. But the bad moves he made become negotiation starting points for all future moves everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, the NFL free agency/draft system is the most effective means of team building (and damn entertaining!). There is no solution to it. But irrational actors ruin the market for all participants and it upsets me.

PAINTERDAVE
04-14-2016, 07:52 AM
Yep. And if you can draft a good rookie QB,
you got him on a decent contract for 5 years.
premium on good rookie QB's first 5 years, then.

kingelway7
04-14-2016, 08:31 AM
The Rams are stupid. The only teams ahead of them that were going to pick a QB ahead of them were the Browns at 2 and 49ers at 7. Unless the Rams are so sure that the Browns are going to take which ever of Goff or Wentz that the Rams want, theres no reason not to just trade to 6 and assure them selves of getting one of either Goff or Wentz.

It was stupid of the Rams to mortgage their future to make this kind of a splash just because they moved back to LA.

In my opinion, unless you're trading for an almost sure fired QB success (ex: Elway/Manning/Luck), theres no reason to pay that much in draft picks to jump to 1.

Rich_C
04-14-2016, 08:39 AM
Why was this moved form the "DRAFT" section?

Rastic
04-14-2016, 09:16 AM
Why was this moved form the "DRAFT" section?

Not Broncos related.

samparnell
04-14-2016, 09:31 AM

It's hard for scouts to evaluate college QBs because most of them play in a style of offense that doesn't translate to the NFL. The simpler the offense a college QB ran, the longer it takes for him to learn the more complex pro offenses. It will be interesting to see how many rookie QBs start this year.

BroncoFanBoy
04-14-2016, 09:52 AM
The Rams are stupid. The only teams ahead of them that were going to pick ahead of them were the Browns at 2 and 49ers at 7. Unless the Rams are so sure that the Browns are going to take which ever of Goff or Wentz that the Rams want, theres no reason not to just trade to 6 and assure them selves of getting one of either Goff or Wentz.

It was stupid of the Rams to mortgage their future to make this kind of a splash just because they moved back to LA.

In my opinion, unless you're trading for an almost sure fired QB success (ex: Elway/Manning/Luck), theres no reason to pay that much in draft picks to jump to 1.

They probably prefer Wentz over Goff. I know I sure as heck do. Goff's an okay prospect, but Wentz is gonna have a great future ahead of him. Besides, I think his big pro day locked him into being the first QB available, and Cleveland probably would've taken him.

I do think this is a good deal for the Titans as well though.

FlowdaBroncoFan
04-14-2016, 10:47 AM
Heck, Titans may still get Tunsil at 13. I see a lot of defense coming off the board in top 10 besides QBs.

CanDB
04-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Great deal for The Titans! They already have their QB for the future, and were expected to take Tunsil with their pick, but as I described it elsewhere, Tunsil was as much a safe pick as a critical one. And though it is unlikely it would have been the case this year, there have been some LT #1 picks of late that have not worked out. Regardless, The Titans did exactly what I would want to do, make a trade and pile up quality picks. They need to address a number of positions, and with these new picks they have ample ammunition to upgrade their entire team, both sides of the ball, to include 2017 as well. Should be no problem landing a decent LT if that's what they still want. And though Tunsil should be gone, they should be in a decent position to acquire a top 3 LT from this year's draftee list.

The Rams may have sold the farm, but not if they choose a QB who leads them for the next 10 years or so. We all know the value of a franchise QB. I also mentioned elsewhere how ironic it seems that they were recently in a similar trade with Washington that looks to be 100% in reverse. One can only hope that Wentz or Goff perform better than RGIII did.

Sam and others are on the same page as me, in that this means Lynch goes earlier, most likely, and a run on QBs is very possible. Not sure that more than 3 go in round one, but if not, definitely some in early round two.

And from a Broncos perspective, that essentially makes Lynch out of reach, unless we too want to offer a load of picks to move up that much. I highly doubt it.

kingelway7
04-14-2016, 12:01 PM
Now reports are that the Rams prefer Goff but may change their minds to Wentz. And that the reason they did the trade now was so that they would have 2 weeks before having to make a final decision on whether they go with Goff or change to Wentz.

Also, the Eagles reported with drew from the running to acquire the #1 pick about a week ago. So if that is truly the case, why on earth the Rams pull the trigger and basically negotiate against themselves now.

The Rams are idiots.

CanDB
04-14-2016, 12:55 PM
This trade may be a sign of things to come....btw, I LOVE these trades! Sports and big trades are like ham and eggs, toast and coffee, apple pie and ice cream to me. They are things that just go so well together! (sorry about that)

But I can see the draft script changing. Maybe even The Rams and Cleveland are dealing with one another as we speak. "Who you want at QB? Same guy eh, how bout we sweeten the pot?" OR "How bout you sweeten the pot?"

And then I can see a Paxton Lynch traffic jam.....which likely means he will go earlier than originally anticipated, and quite possibly via a trade of picks. This trade thing could flow like dominoes. I kind of hope so, because some drafts are kind of vanilla if you get my drift. No surprises, few meaningful trades.

And though I have posted a thread on it, I do believe this will be a real smoke screener of a year. This is the likely outcome when certain players/positions are coveted.

-Rod-
04-14-2016, 02:23 PM
It's obvious the Rams already made their decision. Teams don't make these blockbuster trades to make a decision later. Please. Kroenke is just doing the NFL a favor by keeping the drama alive. "Who is it going to be? Oh!"...

I personally prefer Goff. He seems to throw more accurate passes and he does a better job moving in the pocket and playing from the pocket with timing. Those who prefer Wentz usually mention "upside", "potential". That's okay, but there is more risk when you make a choice based on that.

Wentz's advantage is that he came from a more pro-style offense, but that's not an indicator of future success. See Brady Quinn, Mark Sanchez, Jimmy Clausen, Christian Ponder... It can surely help the transition, but there are many other factors involved.

broncolee
04-14-2016, 04:15 PM
I guess Fisher and Snead know they're fired one way or another if they continue with mediocre. They might as well give either Goff or Wentz the keys and hope they win the race.

Rancid
04-14-2016, 05:22 PM
What are the chances the Rams have their eye on a Punter? Just sayin'! It's possible. :thumb:

conannilsen
04-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Was just thinking, Fisher being on his last legs with the Rams, is he hoping to go back to Tennessee next season?