PDA

View Full Version : 104.3 The Fan Morning Show

Sam_Z
05-11-2016, 07:39 AM
Does anyone like listening to the morning show on 103.4 the fan with Schlereth and Evans?

Mark Schlereth has this "clear the air" bit every morning but instead he stinks up the air with the ridiculous arrogance. He ends every "clear the air" rant by saying cleats on the grass, which 90 percent of the time doesn't make sense.

Sorry, not trying to discredit or criticize the man. He does have a lot of football intelligence to add and sometimes I do mean sometimes I do enjoy listening to what he has to say but 70% of the time I am annoyed by him and I can't help but notice that I have not listened to the morning show in almost 2 weeks. The reason for that is because of Mark Schlereth.

Just my morning rant to "clear the air" they should have kept Dressen and Lombardi. How do you guys feel?

OrangestJuice
05-11-2016, 07:57 AM
You're not the only one. Like you said, Schlereth does have a lot of football intelligence, but his arrogance can really just rub me the wrong way. I also miss Dreessen and Lombardi.

rst08tierney
05-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Just remember one thing.

No sports talk show could ever get worse then Dan Le Batard Show........EVER!

CinnaMunMun
05-11-2016, 09:31 AM
I actually kind of enjoy the Schlereth/Evans combo. Schlereth is a bit of a ham, but I don't think he overdoes it. I really liked Dreesen too, but I couldn't stand Lombardi. Too often he would just try hard to act cool (and fail) or give ridiculous reasons for stupid predictions (like his loins told him so).

All that said they didn't get rid of Lombardi. They wanted him full time but would need to do it in studio and his schedule was just too busy.

Now if you want someone who really sucks at 104.3, there is always D-Mac...

Sam_Z
05-11-2016, 09:40 AM
I actually kind of enjoy the Schlereth/Evans combo. Schlereth is a bit of a ham, but I don't think he overdoes it. I really liked Dreesen too, but I couldn't stand Lombardi. Too often he would just try hard to act cool (and fail) or give ridiculous reasons for stupid predictions (like his loins told him so).

All that said they didn't get rid of Lombardi. They wanted him full time but would need to do it in studio and his schedule was just too busy.

Now if you want someone who really sucks at 104.3, there is always D-Mac...
Ha ha I forgot about the loins comment, Yes that was very annoying.

I don't mind dmac too much, I think it's funny how he gets the best of big Al. Big Al's voice annoys me more than anything he's always yelling And the other day Chad Johnson told him that very thing. They didn't want him to come along somewhere because of his voice. LOL

ksubroncosfan
05-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Just remember one thing.

That's if you try to compare it to actual sports radio. They even make it known that they're not a normal sports radio show. So, if you can understand going in that you're not getting typical sports radio, it isn't that bad for what it actually is.

samparnell
05-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Just remember one thing.

It's about sports? I thought it was some sort of stream of consciousness, inside joke dialogue that accidentally ended up on ESPNR.

samparnell
05-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Schlereth constantly uses hyperbole which makes his comments unhelpful for analysis.

OrangeFanatic
05-11-2016, 10:53 AM
I miss Dreesen. He wasn't a "great" radio voice, but he knew what he was talking about and had experience with the current Broncos team.

simplistickhaos
05-11-2016, 01:08 PM
The morning show is good if you only listen to one hour of it. I live in Montana and I download the podcast so I can listen. My biggest problem with the morning show is that they repeat the same stories every hour. You will hear their commentary on a subject at least 3 times during the show. I even heard them talk about something 5 times. It gets really old.

I too miss Dressen and Lombardi on that show. Although the best partner Mike Evans ever had was Joel Klatt. That program was gold and fun to listen to. I couldn't wait to listen that morning show.