PDA

View Full Version : Are the Dolphins good with Tannehill as quarterback?

dolphinsneu
05-15-2016, 09:32 PM
I am interested to get feedback from other team fans around the league.

Should the Dolphins keep Tannehill or move on?

L.M.
05-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Don't 'Phin fans have a better handle on that than we would since you guys analyze every snap he takes?

The real question you should be asking IMO is if Gase can cut it as a head coach!

dolphinsneu
05-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Don't 'Phin fans have a better handle on that than we would since you guys analyze every snap he takes?

The real question you should be asking IMO is if Gase can cut it as a head coach!

You can win with an incompetent coach, (ask the 1994-95 Cowboys).

I think most college coaches could have taken both the Broncos and Patriots of the past few years to the playoffs.

Most Dolphins fans are blinded with homerism. They can't be objective because of this factor.

I honestly think Miami has a better shot with Tebow than with Tannehill.

I plan to ask Bills fans, Jets fans, and Patriots the same question.

But if the Broncos were playing the Dolphins (which they won't be next year, at least not in the regular season), would you rather the Broncos face Tebow, or Tannehill?

Strip Sacked
05-16-2016, 04:39 PM

I think most college coaches could have taken both the Broncos and Patriots of the past few years to the playoffs.

Most Dolphins fans are blinded with homerism. They can't be objective because of this factor.

But if the Broncos were playing the Dolphins (which they won't be next year, at least not in the regular season), would you rather the Broncos face Tebow, or Tannehill?

No, nowday's you cannot win without a competent head coach. I am a firm believer of that. That's why San Diego has never gone anywhere, why Oakland likely never will go anywhere, and why the Detroit Lions will never go anywhere. You can have all the natural talent on one team but without discipline and heart for the game you'll be smacked around the field.

To answer your question, yes; I think Ryan Tannehill has what it takes to play his positioned with an even strong supporting cast. O-line, power run. Can turn any good QB into a great QB.

RobertR
05-16-2016, 05:38 PM

Should the Dolphins keep Tannehill or move on?Why the exclusive focus on QB? Why don't you want to talk about the front office, head coach, defense, running game, etc.? You don't think those matter or need improvement?

broncolee
05-16-2016, 06:12 PM

Tannehill has a job in the NFL and Tebow doesn't. 32 teams have already answered that question.

JakeNbake
05-16-2016, 06:41 PM
I dislike Tebow and Tannehill, but for completely opposite reasons.

L.M.
05-16-2016, 07:41 PM

:laugh: I can see why you're not a Jimmy Johnson fan but at least he won in Dallas. Never really had the right combo of players in Miami. If you could have gotten Barry Sanders then maybe a real chance for a SB.

Um yes coaching does matter, that's why some get fired every year. And just ask Elway what he thinks about Fox vs. Kubes! ;)

Your division rivals' fans -especially P*ts fans- are not going to be "objective". All they see is another opportunity for smack and ridicule.

Every fan base has homers -that's what fans are basically supposed to be, but they have everything else too. I visited two Phin fora last season and saw a good variety of opinions from differing attitudes. I wouldn't discount your buddies' opinions of Tannehill.

As for which QB I'd rather play... with our defense, I don't care anymore. Bring on Big Ben, Brady and Newton again. Anything less than those guys is not a big threat.

As for who would be more successful -Tannehill. Wait and see what Gase can whip up for him before you bail on the guy.

FL BRONCO
05-16-2016, 07:57 PM
]You can win with an incompetent coach, (ask the 1994-95 Cowboys).
[/B]

To address the bolded part: Sure you can, when you have a very talented roster in a proven system that is already set up and successful and you add a guy who will come in and just not crash the Ferrari.

None of this applies to the Dolphins at all. Although I do love when they play the Patsies late season.

As for Tannehill and Gase, not a fan of either. You need someone better than Tannehill before you replace him though.

Oh and to answer your question, I wouldn't have a problem taking on either Tannehill or Tebow. Neither would bother me. But if I had to pick, I'd pick Tannehill cause if it was close in the 4th, I'd rather be opposing Tannehill.

FL BRONCO
05-16-2016, 08:00 PM
:laugh: I can see why you're not a Jimmy Johnson fan but at least he won in Dallas. Never really had the right combo of players in Miami. If you could have gotten Barry Sanders then maybe a real chance for a SB.

Um yes coaching does matter, that's why some get fired every year. And just ask Elway what he thinks about Fox vs. Kubes! ;)

Your division rivals' fans -especially P*ts fans- are not going to be "objective". All they see is another opportunity for smack and ridicule.

Every fan base has homers -that's what fans are basically supposed to be, but they have everything else too. I visited two Phin fora last season and saw a good variety of opinions from differing attitudes. I wouldn't discount your buddies' opinions of Tannehill.

As for which QB I'd rather play... with our defense, I don't care anymore. Bring on Big Ben, Brady and Newton again. Anything less than those guys is not a big threat.

As for who would be more successful -Tannehill. Wait and see what Gase can whip up for him before you bail on the guy.

I believe he was referring to Switzer not Jimmy

beastlyskronk
05-16-2016, 08:17 PM
Tannehill can be fine but he needs to be moved around more often and a WR with legit speed wouldn't hurt.

dolphinsneu
05-16-2016, 08:22 PM
Jimmy Johnson was not incompetent as a coach, the Dolphins just did not have the talent.

dolphinsneu
05-16-2016, 08:24 PM
I believe he was referring to Switzer not Jimmy

Correct. Switzer was a bad coach who single-handedly sabotaged the 1994 NFC title game. Then he made a dumb decision twice in a row next year, and they still won the Super Bowl.

dolphinsneu
05-16-2016, 08:24 PM
To address the bolded part: Sure you can, when you have a very talented roster in a proven system that is already set up and successful and you add a guy who will come in and just not crash the Ferrari.

None of this applies to the Dolphins at all. Although I do love when they play the Patsies late season.

As for Tannehill and Gase, not a fan of either. You need someone better than Tannehill before you replace him though.

Oh and to answer your question, I wouldn't have a problem taking on either Tannehill or Tebow. Neither would bother me. But if I had to pick, I'd pick Tannehill cause if it was close in the 4th, I'd rather be opposing Tannehill.

Why do you love when they play the Patriots late in the season?

dolphinsneu
05-16-2016, 08:27 PM
Tannehill can be fine but he needs to be moved around more often and a WR with legit speed wouldn't hurt.

Again, Tannehill doesn't seem to have that "thing" that makes other teams mess up so the Dolphins can win. Brady, Manning in the regular season, Tebow when he was with Denver, and Russell Wilson do.

L.M.
05-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Again, Tannehill doesn't seem to have that "thing" that makes other teams mess up so the Dolphins can win. Brady, Manning in the regular season, Tebow when he was with Denver, and Russell Wilson do.

Okay this is basically the Tebow thread you already started here version 2.0. In that one it was the same thing, your doubts about Tannehill and your belief in Tebow as the answer. Youre not getting support for this belief at the Dolphins forum (unsurprisingly) so youre here.

dolphinsneu
05-17-2016, 06:26 PM
Okay this is basically the Tebow thread you already started here version 2.0. In that one it was the same thing, your doubts about Tannehill and your belief in Tebow as the answer. Youre not getting support for this belief at the Dolphins forum (unsurprisingly) so youre here.

I am just curious to see how other fans teams view the Dolphins. We have a Bronco fan on our forums who thinks Tannehill is garbage. I was curious to see how other AFC team fans view him.

I think Miami is turning into a laughingstock. Tying $96 million into an unproven quarterback is stupid.

bears6385
05-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Adam Gase did wonders for Jay Cutler, and an offense that lost it's top four wr's for a combined 35 games last year. With that in mind I think Gase can really help Tannehill in 2016.

Mel B.
05-22-2016, 10:23 AM

LOL! I'm sure that's the case with most fans concerning their teams and its players. See any current "Mark Sanchez" thread here now that he's a Bronco and you'll see a sickening load of 'blinded with homerism' orange & blue crap.

Mel B.
05-22-2016, 10:27 AM

Should the Dolphins keep Tannehill or move on?

To me Tannehill is just an average QB and I would've moved on from him instead of re-signing/extending him when they did but with that being said I'd give Gase at least a year to work with him then judge if he's worth keeping or not.