PDA

View Full Version : Osweiler states 2 reasons why he left the Broncos for Houston

TheAsianPA
05-21-2016, 06:06 AM
In the article by CBS sports Brock gives 2 reasons why he left:

1. More success as a quarterback in Houston, and more importantly not because he's afraid of playing under Manning's shadow

2. More wins in Houston over a longer period of time than in Denver

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/osweiler-reveals-two-reasons-why-he-spurned-the-broncos-for-houston/

Now it's completely up to y'all to decide if he's telling the truth, but honestly I don't believe a word of it. Not after winning the superbowl do you leave that team for the team that got shut out at wildcard and say you did for "future success." Lemme know what you guys think. Either way I hope he has some success. Just not week 7 this coming season.

Mel B.
05-21-2016, 06:24 AM
Here's my 5 reasons why he left:

1. His feelings were hurt after he got benched.

2. 4 year - $72 million (NO STATE TAX) contract

3. $12 million (NO STATE TAX) signing bonus

4. $37 million (NO STATE TAX) guaranteed

5. An average annual (NO STATE TAX) salary of $18 million.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/brock-osweiler/

At first I thought he would just be an average to below average QB in Houston since at first it seemed as though they were counting on leaning on him to be the savior but now that they've provided him with a lot of damn good offensive weapons he doesn't have to try and carry the load so I think he will be a good to a damn good QB in HOU with all his new toys to lean on instead.

Freyaka
05-21-2016, 06:31 AM
2. More wins in Houston over a longer period of time than in Denver

Lol...good luck with that one Brock...We're the winningest franchise in the last 30 years since Bowlen took over and a good chunk of that winning history was sans Manning...We were winning before Manning got here, we'll keep winning after. You gave up a golden opportunity to go pout in Houston. Good riddance kid...

Holger_Danske
05-21-2016, 07:08 AM
Lol...good luck with that one Brock...We're the winningest franchise in the last 30 years since Bowlen took over...

Where did you find that stat?

Houshmazode
05-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Where did you find that stat?
http://www.denverpost.com/knowthis/ci_29532221/broncos-by-numbers-during-pat-bowlen-era

It was all about the money for Brock. I also don't think he could handle the pressure in Denver very well this season, with us coming off a superbowl win. He went somewhere where the fans will think he's a great qb because theyve had terrible qb play there for a few seasons.

Capt. Jack
05-21-2016, 09:06 AM
I can't blame the guy, they always say
"Football is a Business" and he did his Part on the Business side, and scored BIG!.

He had a great opportunity to win here, but he "broke the bank" in Texas.

:)

TheAsianPA
05-21-2016, 09:23 AM
Houston way overpaid him. Hope he plays on Cam Newton/Tom brady level the way the Texans are hyping him up. But yeah. 0 doubt in my mind he left denver for 72 million reasons and that week 17 last season

Dennis.1960
05-21-2016, 10:19 AM
His 2 reasons are ridiculous...how can he seriously expect anyone to believe that the Texans as a franchise give him the opportunity for more wins and success than the Broncos (especially as others have mentioned the Bowlen era has seen the greatest success of any nfl team). He went for the cash plain and simple and should just admit it ;)

Freyaka
05-21-2016, 10:49 AM
His 2 reasons are ridiculous...how can he seriously expect anyone to believe that the Texans as a franchise give him the opportunity for more wins and success than the Broncos (especially as others have mentioned the Bowlen era has seen the greatest success of any nfl team). He went for the cash plain and simple and should just admit it ;)

Not only that, but the 3rd most successful in ALL of american sports during that span of his ownership.

L.M.
05-21-2016, 11:26 AM
I don't care what Osweiler "states". Our defense is going to "state" him on his butt this year and I can't wait!

beastlyskronk
05-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Why is he still talking about it? Why is he always saying he wasn't afraid to play under Mannings shadow? Quite frankly he knew his expectations here would be to repeat and honestly he doesn't believe he could have done it. Him leaving just screams of insecurity.

samparnell
05-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Not only that, but the 3rd most successful in ALL of american sports during that span of his ownership.

I did not know that.

If I'm not mistaken, Mile High Stadium has been sold out since 1970 which was three years before the first winning season in 1973.

Since 1973 (42 years), the Denver Broncos have had seven losing seasons, none consecutive.

It is not an exaggeration to say that the Denver Broncos are one of the best NFL franchises in a number of categories.

listopencil
05-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Here is the quote:

"I have tremendous respect for both John Elway and Peyton Manning as people and as quarterbacks in the NFL, but I was not concerned one bit with playing in their shadow," Osweiler said. "That didn't weigh into my decision whatsoever. Bottom line, I made my decision off where I felt like I could have the most success playing quarterback in the NFL and where I could go and win long-term."

The Broncos organization didn't believe that he had proven himself yet, and they were not going to commit to him as the franchise QB at this point in time. The Texans organization did. No drama, no BS, that's really all he's saying.

Houshmazode
05-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Well, Brock and the Texans aren't going to look so good after next season. Someone's going to get fired.

CoryWinget81
05-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Here is the quote:

"I have tremendous respect for both John Elway and Peyton Manning as people and as quarterbacks in the NFL, but I was not concerned one bit with playing in their shadow," Osweiler said. "That didn't weigh into my decision whatsoever. Bottom line, I made my decision off where I felt like I could have the most success playing quarterback in the NFL and where I could go and win long-term."

The Broncos organization didn't believe that he had proven himself yet, and they were not going to commit to him as the franchise QB at this point in time. The Texans organization did. No drama, no BS, that's really all he's saying.

What's he gonna say?

This is just typical Brock Talk that he slyly learned from Fox. The art of saying words just to fill space.

He's pretty good at it.

Assassin27
05-21-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't care what Osweiler "states". Our defense is going to "state" him on his butt this year and I can't wait! I agree!!! Our D will show him what a big mistake he made!!!!:salute:

JPPT1974
05-21-2016, 03:27 PM
Great reasons why he left. Plus you know, a little OT, he looks like Edward Cullen!

TheAsianPA
05-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Here is the quote:

By "committing" you mean getting overpaid? Then yeah the Texans are "commited" to him. Brock never wanted to stay in Denver, I think we all know that by now.

listopencil
05-21-2016, 03:49 PM
By "committing" you mean getting overpaid? Then yeah the Texans are "commited" to him. Brock never wanted to stay in Denver, I think we all know that by now.

Yes. Paying the guy that much money is committing to him being your franchise QB. The Texans did that for at least two years.

Lumiere
05-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Meh. The NFL is a QB starved business and Brock looks like a “serviceable” quarterback. Houston backs up a dump truck full of gold bars and says, “whaddya say, son?” If I was in Brock’s shoes I would’ve done the same. Now, he can be mediocre in Texas and they can be proud of his mediocre legacy, AND he won the QB sweepstakes to boot. That’s win win for Brock…and probably a big win for Denver in freeing up cap and drafting Lynch. Seriously, I think everyone wins here…well, maybe not the Texans. :eek: :laugh:

Sophia23
05-21-2016, 07:03 PM
I was irritated when he first signed with Houston, but I'm over it. I think there is more to it, than he thinks he'll have a better chance at a good career in Houston. Houston is where QB's go to die.... or at least for where their career's to die. But good luck to him there ... I think we did great with Osweiler, partially because when we put him in, there hadn't really been a lot of tape for other coaches to study to figure him out. I honestly felt, like they were starting to figure him out by the end of his time, when he was benched and we went back to Peyton. I don't think he is so spectacular, that he's gonna have great success in Houston that he wouldn't have had here.

Maybe he'll prove his all wrong, and have great success, but I say he'll be playing second string again within a year.

broncoslover115
05-21-2016, 07:09 PM
Great reasons why he left. Plus you know, a little OT, he looks like Edward Cullen!

OMG, he does!!! :laugh:

dolphinsneu
05-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Here's my 5 reasons why he left:

1. His feelings were hurt after he got benched.

2. 4 year - $72 million (NO STATE TAX) contract

3. $12 million (NO STATE TAX) signing bonus

4. $37 million (NO STATE TAX) guaranteed

5. An average annual (NO STATE TAX) salary of $18 million.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/brock-osweiler/

At first I thought he would just be an average to below average QB in Houston since at first it seemed as though they were counting on leaning on him to be the savior but now that they've provided him with a lot of damn good offensive weapons he doesn't have to try and carry the load so I think he will be a good to a damn good QB in HOU with all his new toys to lean on instead.

$72 million? Are you kidding me? For an uproven quarterback?

FL BRONCO
05-22-2016, 09:41 AM
I respect his statement and reasons, and wish him well.:thumb:

Now I would just like to get on with the business of killing him and the texans every time we play them.:salute:

samparnell
05-22-2016, 09:53 AM
I respect his statement and reasons, and wish him well.:thumb:

Now I would just like to get on with the business of killing him and the texans every time we play them.:salute:

Monday October 24th, 2016 at Mile High Stadium. The Broncos will have had eleven days of rest and preparation to eight for the Texans. Brock Osweiler gets to go up against his former teammates on MNF. :logo:

P.S. Denver's D knows Brock well. He ran scout team O against them for almost four years. :D

FL BRONCO
05-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Monday October 24th, 2016 at Mile High Stadium. The Broncos will have had eleven days of rest and preparation to eight for the Texans. Brock Osweiler gets to go up against his former teammates on MNF. :logo:

P.S. Denver's D knows Brock well. He ran scout team O against them for almost four years. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRr7DNZyOog

PAINTERDAVE
05-23-2016, 06:40 PM
He got the SB ring.
He got the cash.
Now..
he wants the big yardage stats..
and pro bowl berths.
-
He thinks that Kubiak's offense will be pedestrian...
and that in Houston he can air the ball out a lot.
-
He is not thinking about team.... Or winning games...
he is thinking about personal glory.
-
I bet the Broncos win another Super Bowl with Paxton,
before Texans even win the AFC Championship with Brock.

dolphinsneu
05-23-2016, 07:32 PM
He got the SB ring.
He got the cash.
Now..
he wants the big yardage stats..
and pro bowl berths.
-
He thinks that Kubiak's offense will be pedestrian...
and that in Houston he can air the ball out a lot.
-
He is not thinking about team.... Or winning games...
he is thinking about personal glory.
-
I bet the Broncos win another Super Bowl with Paxton,
before Texans even win the AFC Championship with Brock.

Or he could be thinking about money. Or his future.

Many NFL players go broke after they retire.

xX-Bronco-Xx
05-24-2016, 06:21 AM
I feel like we got a manlier version of Brock in Paxton so whatever.

Freyaka
05-24-2016, 09:56 AM
I feel like we got a manlier version of Brock in Paxton so whatever.

I would argue that it's hard to call someone who looks like a backstreet boy "manlier", but Brock looked like Edward Cullen so....

baphamet
05-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Or he could be thinking about money. Or his future.

Many NFL players go broke after they retire.

especially considering teams treat it like a business so why shouldn't players? teams have no issues cutting players to save money, so it works both ways.

it does suck when you don't have as many players playing their entire career with the same team anymore, fans suffer the most in that regard.

58Miller
05-24-2016, 01:02 PM
I Brock came out and said Houston believed in me and paid me what I think I'm worth or was even more honest and just said I wanted to be paid like a starting Qb, I would have no problem with his decision. My problem with him is the whole Houston gives me the best chance to win. The Houston Texans? A team that has never accomplished anything? Is a better situation than playing in the same offense I did the year before with players I have practiced and played with for four years? Sorry I think its cop out. Kubiak has been apart of 4 Superbowl winning teams - the 94 SF 49ers where he served as Steve Young Qb coach/ 97 & 98 with John Elway as his OC/ and this last year with Peyton as a head coach.
Bill Obrien was Brady's OC when they lost the Superbowl in 2011 to the Giants.
What coach would you choose?
Deandre Hopkins is a great receiver, so are DT and Emmanuel Sanders, who would you rather throw to? 1 great receiver or 2?
Houston has a solid defense, Denver has a Superbowl winning Defense, who would you want?

Sorry Brock you wanted to get paid, and there is nothing wrong with that but you look stupid when you try to spin it and say you wanted the best situation to win.

WILL MISS YOU BRENT!
http://as01.epimg.net/masdeporte/imagenes/2015/12/14/nfl/1450053841_146220_1450053945_noticia_grande.jpg

BTW Brent: You could only put up 12 points vs the Raiders at home while your defense only allowed 15 pts, what is Houston gonna do? Only allow 9 pts .

Strip Sacked
05-25-2016, 10:52 AM
IMO, Paxton now, is an upgrade over Brock now in what his 5th year?

CoryWinget81
05-25-2016, 11:29 AM
IMO, Paxton now, is an upgrade over Brock now in what his 5th year?

Paxton's footwork, arm motion, quickness of delivering the ball and arm talent are already above Brock in his fifth year. Totally agree. Plus he doesn't look like a giraffe on ice on play fakes.

CanDB
05-25-2016, 11:48 AM
It all worked out for the better.

xX-Bronco-Xx
05-25-2016, 01:05 PM
I would argue that it's hard to call someone who looks like a backstreet boy "manlier", but Brock looked like Edward Cullen so....

I was thinking more of the physique and mentality buuuuut I suppose lol.

Houshmazode
05-25-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm glad we don't have to listen to any more of the boring football cliches he always threw out there during his talks with the media. My eyes were starting to permanently roll back into my head.

dolphinsneu
05-30-2016, 08:56 PM
I think Mark Sanchez will be fine in Denver.

VenomousDB
05-31-2016, 03:19 PM
I just read that Brent said he's going to destroy the Broncos next season :laugh:

RobertR
05-31-2016, 04:08 PM
I just read that Brent said he's going to destroy the Broncos next season :laugh:

Who's Brent?

Houshmazode
05-31-2016, 04:11 PM
Who's Brent?
Brent Osweiler.

I'm starting to type Brent now when I do a google seach for BO.

RobertR
05-31-2016, 04:30 PM
Brent Osweiler.

I'm starting to type Brent now when I do a google seach for BO.His name is Brock, not Brent.

Houshmazode
05-31-2016, 04:40 PM
His name is Brock, not Brent.
Yea, that's the joke RichardR.

Rastic
05-31-2016, 04:42 PM
Brent Osweiler.

I'm starting to type Brent now when I do a google seach for BO.

Brent? :confused: I thought it was Barry.

RobertR
05-31-2016, 04:56 PM

:D

10 chars

FL BRONCO
06-01-2016, 02:39 PM
http://www.imfromdenver.com/brock-osweiler-says-the-texans-will-destroy-the-broncos-next-season/

He sounds a little sour to me :yawn: Cant wait to here what he sounds like after our D actually get to hit him:dance:He will probably be more like:doh:

JT24Champ
06-01-2016, 03:00 PM
http://www.imfromdenver.com/brock-osweiler-says-the-texans-will-destroy-the-broncos-next-season/

He sounds a little sour to me :yawn: Cant wait to here what he sounds like after our D actually get to hit him:dance:He will probably be more like:doh:

wow. just wow. i hope the defense sees this

Atwnbroncfan
06-01-2016, 03:44 PM

That can't be real.

-Rod-
06-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Uh... Where is this podcast?

samparnell
06-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Brent? :confused: I thought it was Barry.

Boris? :confused:

samparnell
06-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Monday 24 October the Houston Texans come to Mile High Stadium with eight days of rest and preparation to eleven for the Denver Broncos. Regardless of who said what, I'm inclined to think Denver's D will not let a guy who ran scout team against them for four years beat them in their house.

PAINTERDAVE
06-01-2016, 05:28 PM
That can't be real.

It's not real.
Same click bait site ..
has run same story over and over...
just keeps changing the names.
-
They said Cam claimed Panthers would destroy Broncos....
It is a fake story..
but it fooled the radio guys ..
they were all buzzing about it...
claiming that is why Brock will not go to White House..
embarrassed..
-
but it is bunk.

JT24Champ
06-01-2016, 07:49 PM
It's not real.
Same click bait site ..
has run same story over and over...
just keeps changing the names.
-
They said Cam claimed Panthers would destroy Broncos....
It is a fake story..
but it fooled the radio guys ..
they were all buzzing about it...
claiming that is why Brock will not go to White House..
embarrassed..
-
but it is bunk.

okay a little bit more respect give back to brent. just a little tho

TheAsianPA
06-03-2016, 08:55 PM
yeah the article was a hoax. Doubt Brock would have the cajones to say that anyways

ERoyal248
06-04-2016, 07:55 AM
He left for money can never blame guys for leaving given how short NFL careers.

He'll never admit it maybe when hes done playing main reason is because he got benched.

DrunkPanda
07-04-2016, 04:47 PM

His name is RobertR, not RichardR.

Anyways, Houston loaded up on offensive talent, it's hard to imagine that even a bottom tier NFL qb would struggle offensively with all the weapons they now have on offense. So I don't anticipate Osweiler to have a bad season. But at the same time, I DO think Houston way overspent on him, because they could have plugged any serviceable qb in and had offensive success. So they should have just paid a serviceable qb's going rate, rather than way overpaying for Brock.

I think them throwing around way more money than necessary for certain players will bite them in the butt and prevent them from having playoff success in the coming years due to salary cap issues

flosstein
07-04-2016, 08:06 PM
I did not know that.

If I'm not mistaken, Mile High Stadium has been sold out since 1970 which was three years before the first winning season in 1973.

Since 1973 (42 years), the Denver Broncos have had seven losing seasons, none consecutive.

It is not an exaggeration to say that the Denver Broncos are one of the best NFL franchises in a number of categories.

But with all that, among the least represented in the HOF..........

samparnell
07-04-2016, 08:17 PM
But with all that, among the least represented in the HOF..........

Which doesn't seem to bother many outside of the Rocky Mountain West. It bothers me, but what can one do?

dolphinsneu
07-05-2016, 06:58 AM
He definitely made the right decision now. I read he was the victim of a ponzi scheme. Now he has millions more to hopefully be wiser with.