PDA

View Full Version : Directv Negotiation

scottaud
08-11-2016, 07:57 AM
So can people post what they are doing on the negotiation of DirecTV albeit not paying their ridiculous prices? I saw the Amazon Firestick and going to try that tonight on the Bear/Bronco preseason.

RainyTX
08-11-2016, 03:22 PM
How do you intend on watching the game with a firestick? I have one is the reason I'm asking

Butler By'Note
08-11-2016, 03:28 PM
It's amazing that down in the US, they have Sunday Ticket on only one provider. Up in Canada every cable and satellite provider carries it and it's cheaper than the US. I think last year I paid $160 for the season (all games in HD) but that doesn't include Red Zone (that's another $50, or you can buy it standalone).

Gsam
08-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Just negotiated my deal yesterday. I am not currently under contract.

I got 50 dollars a month discount on my bill. (total discount of $600 over next 12 months). I give back $300 of that to pay full price for the sunday ticket.

I am required to sign a 1 year agreement.

Butler By'Note
08-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Just negotiated my deal yesterday. I am not currently under contract.

I got 50 dollars a month discount on my bill. (total discount of $600 over next 12 months). I give back $300 of that to pay full price for the sunday ticket.

I am required to sign a 1 year agreement.

That's a pretty good deal! You went from regular price to essentially saving $25 a month for the next year. And with a 1 year contract you can do the same thing next year. I should get you to negotiate for me the next time I need to negotiate something!

hawaiiiancrush
08-11-2016, 03:56 PM
So can people post what they are doing on the negotiation of DirecTV albeit not paying their ridiculous prices? I saw the Amazon Firestick and going to try that tonight on the Bear/Bronco preseason.

Yes, I would like to know as well.

DrunkPanda
08-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Are they going to allow people to purchase Sunday Ticket as a standalone product, like they did last season? Because I'm going to be mighty angry if they don't, I no longer live in Colorado and I don't want to miss muh Broncos Games

Jonny_Quest
08-11-2016, 05:53 PM
It's amazing that down in the US, they have Sunday Ticket on only one provider. Up in Canada every cable and satellite provider carries it and it's cheaper than the US. I think last year I paid $160 for the season (all games in HD) but that doesn't include Red Zone (that's another $50, or you can buy it standalone).

That's because Canada is a just and civilized country (except when it comes to cellphone plans...they're strangely third world on those...at least when I lived there).

S h o O o b i e
08-11-2016, 08:24 PM
I agree. Let's reveal how to take advantage of DirecTV for SundayTicket and RedZone! :D

Bronco51
08-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Always ask for retention if you're out of contract. They will usually deal if you have had them a while. I Haven't paid for it in years.

KWHIT97
08-11-2016, 08:38 PM
What kind of offers does Dish Network have for red zone channel? Thinking about switching. if

Butler By'Note
08-11-2016, 09:01 PM
That's because Canada is a just and civilized country (except when it comes to cellphone plans...they're strangely third world on those...at least when I lived there).

Yeah we pay a lot of money for cell phones...and internet!

scottaud
08-12-2016, 06:49 AM
With some youtube looks (my son did most of it), you can program the firestick. I got the preseason games that I could not watch before.

DenverBlood
08-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Always ask for retention if you're out of contract. They will usually deal if you have had them a while. I Haven't paid for it in years.

I have'nt tried yet this year but I did this exact thing last year when I was out of contract. I got other discounts but still was required to pay full price on sunday ticket.

scottaud
08-14-2016, 11:01 AM
So as I talked to them after I was off the NFL ticket, they admit that they give away the ticket to new customers but since I got it for free the last two years (with their ways of negotiating the discount) I cannot. They want me to only have 20% off. Can I cancel now and have my wife sign up? Does that work?

Dennis.1960
08-14-2016, 12:03 PM
I never sign up for Sunday Ticket yet. The past 2 years directTV has called me in October and offered me free Sunday Ticket for 3 months if I try out some other package for $9.99/month and I can cancel at any time blah blah blah ;)

Sophia23
08-14-2016, 12:25 PM
I never sign up for Sunday Ticket yet. The past 2 years directTV has called me in October and offered me free Sunday Ticket for 3 months if I try out some other package for $9.99/month and I can cancel at any time blah blah blah ;)

I have never been so lucky ... been with directv since at least 03 for Sunday ticket, and out of all those years I only went without one year .... cancelled it thinking they would give me some fantastic deal to come back - nope....

I get it for 44.99 a month for 6 months, and every year I call to see if I can get lower, they tell me I'm already getting the best deal, my negotiation skills must suck.

Dennis.1960
08-15-2016, 08:18 AM
I have never been so lucky ... been with directv since at least 03 for Sunday ticket, and out of all those years I only went without one year .... cancelled it thinking they would give me some fantastic deal to come back - nope....

I get it for 44.99 a month for 6 months, and every year I call to see if I can get lower, they tell me I'm already getting the best deal, my negotiation skills must suck.

I guess they know how bad you really want it where in my case they think I could care less :laugh:

B Real 15
08-22-2016, 09:30 AM
Just was wondering what kinds of deals people were getting this year.

Mel B.
08-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Loyal customer since 2003 and I have the Premier Package:

Last year I got it for free and in years past I've gotten it free or half off or with a bunch of other discounts to off-set the full cost of the Sunday Ticket.

This year, as with every year, I first asked for the Retention Dept.

My deal this year:

$9 off the Sunday Ticket bringing it to 6 payments of $50

$7 off Starz for 6 months
$7 off Showtime for 6 months
$7 off Cinemax for 6 months
$10 off The Sports Package for 6 months

$30 off my regular bill every month for 2 years (with new 2 year agreement...been a customer since 2003 so no biggie with the new 2 year agreement cause I'm not going anywhere as long as DirecTv owns the Sunday Ticket rights)

Also free 4K (Super High Definition) Genie upgrade and 3 free 4K mini Genie upgrades.

So basically with all the discounts I'm getting the Sunday Ticket for free with $18 in credits for the next 6 months then $30 in credits for a year and a half after that...along with new free equipment upgrades.

Then I do this whole song & dance again next year.