PDA

View Full Version : Darren Sharper Gets 18 Years In Prison For Rape

broncoslover115
08-18-2016, 08:36 AM
Thank the Lord. Was hoping for a life sentence but this will do.

He is the epitome of evil, arrogance, and entitlement. So glad this piece of garbage got his.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/exnfl-star-darren-sharper-gets-18-years-prison-in-rape-case/41261178

Former NFL star Darren Sharper has been sentenced to 18 years in prison in a case in which he was accused of drugging and raping as many as 16 women in four states.

Judge Jane Triche Milazzo sentenced Sharper on Thursday. He pleaded guilty or no contest to federal charges in New Orleans and state charges in Louisiana, Arizona, California and Nevada.

Prosecutors suggested a 9-year prison term for Sharper under a multi-jurisdictional plea deal, but Milazzo rejected it in June as too lenient.

Spice 1
08-18-2016, 09:52 AM
Thank the Lord. Was hoping for a life sentence but this will do.

He is the epitome of evil, arrogance, and entitlement. So glad this piece of garbage got his.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/exnfl-star-darren-sharper-gets-18-years-prison-in-rape-case/41261178

Former NFL star Darren Sharper has been sentenced to 18 years in prison in a case in which he was accused of drugging and raping as many as 16 women in four states.

Judge Jane Triche Milazzo sentenced Sharper on Thursday. He pleaded guilty or no contest to federal charges in New Orleans and state charges in Louisiana, Arizona, California and Nevada.

Prosecutors suggested a 9-year prison term for Sharper under a multi-jurisdictional plea deal, but Milazzo rejected it in June as too lenient.

Rape allegations with corroborating witnesses from 7 women, and they wanted to offer him 9 years?

broncoslover115
08-18-2016, 09:55 AM
Rape allegations with corroborating witnesses from 7 women, and they wanted to offer him 9 years?

Doesn't that blow your mind? The criminal justice system needs a total overhaul. I get so angry at this all the time.

The one saving grace is that is spared these women from having to testify in a trial.

Spice 1
08-18-2016, 10:07 AM
Doesn't that blow your mind? The criminal justice system needs a total overhaul. I get so angry at this all the time.

The one saving grace is that is spared these women from having to testify in a trial.

That's true, but it also saves Sharper from having a jury listen to how he tricked people to enter his apartment/hotel room, knocked them unconscious, and assaulted them. This dude was 100% a serial rapist.

ksubroncosfan
08-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Great to hear he got at least a longer sentence. Especially after the debacle of the sentencing of the Stanford swimmer, my faith in the process was at an all time low. Still would have rather seen a lifetime sentence as well, though.

Jim Mora
08-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Who would have thought. I know I thought the dude was a class act. But I had no idea.

You've gotta pay the price for doing that. Unfortunately the evil that was done to those girls, you just can't make that right again all better. They'll always live with that.

I also believe their is a God, that we'll all have to answer to someday. And also, Darren Sharper better watch his back in prison.

broncoslover115
08-18-2016, 11:17 AM
Great to hear he got at least a longer sentence. Especially after the debacle of the sentencing of the Stanford swimmer, my faith in the process was at an all time low. Still would have rather seen a lifetime sentence as well, though.

That certainly was a debacle.

I started my rape crisis career in that county and dealt with many perpetrators from Stanford. That kind of treatment was more of the norm than the exception. It was so damn frustrating.

Rastic
08-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Who would have thought. I know I thought the dude was a class act. But I had no idea.

You've gotta pay the price for doing that. Unfortunately the evil that was done to those girls, you just can't make that right again all better. They'll always live with that.

I also believe their is a God, that we'll all have to answer to someday. And also, Darren Sharper better watch his back in prison.

Agreed. The injustice is that violation can never be "repaid" in full.

A person can steal or destroy some material object and the victim can be compensated but with guys like Sharper, what they stole and destroyed can never be made fully complete again - a part of their life was taken.

Sharper can rot.

Dennis.1960
08-18-2016, 01:12 PM
The article I read said, "Sharper will only serve about 85% of the federal sentence, meaning at most he will serve roughly 13 years in jail, notwithstanding any credit he earns while behind bars."

So 18 rapes gets you 13 years, so about 9 months per rape??? How does that make any sense? :mad:

JJBroncoFan
08-18-2016, 08:05 PM
The article I read said, "Sharper will only serve about 85% of the federal sentence, meaning at most he will serve roughly 13 years in jail, notwithstanding any credit he earns while behind bars."

So 18 rapes gets you 13 years, so about 9 months per rape??? How does that make any sense? :mad:

This is exactly what I was thinking, although that's even worse because I was considering the full sentence.

Personally, I think aggravated and serial rapists should be eligible for the death penalty. I do not believe people like that can be fixed, so why allow them another opportunity to hurt an innocent?

gimmieshelter69
08-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Good behavior time in federal prision is roughly 54 days per year, so he will earn 972 or so days off his sentence