PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cromartie pays $336,000 a year in child support.

Strip Sacked
08-24-2016, 05:16 AM
When Vontae Davis went down with an injured ankle last week, it turned out to a good thing for Antonio Cromartie.

The Indianapolis Colts signed Cromartie Monday night to replace Davis, who will be out until at least October with a sprained ankle. And it was that one-year, $3 million contract the cornerback signed that will reportedly keep him out of jail.

According to TMZ Sports, Cromartie was facing a possible arrest for child support owed to the mother of his first child. Cromartie, 32, was delinquent on payments of $4,000 per month since January to Rosemita Pierre. According to the report, Cromartie skipped a court date in Florida last week, but was able to bring his account out of arrears thanks to his new deal.

Cromartie, a four-time Pro Bowler who received over $7 million last year in base salary and bonuses with the New York Jets, has fathered at least 12 children from eight different women. He and his wife welcomed twins in May, though Cromartie said he had a vasectomy.

The New York Post reported in January that Cromartie pays an estimated $336,000 a year in child support.

According to Spotrac, Cromartie has earned over $44 million during a 10-year NFL career.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/antonio-cromartie-avoids-arrest-thanks-030931979.html

Peerless
08-24-2016, 12:07 PM
12 children from 8 women..... Yikes.

InsaneBlaze23
08-24-2016, 12:16 PM
12 children from 8 women..... Yikes.

Dude need to just cut the cord if he doesn't wanna wrap up when doing personal business.

Peerless
08-24-2016, 01:05 PM
His financial life is literally ruined....

Strip Sacked
08-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Dude need to just cut the cord if he doesn't wanna wrap up when doing personal business.

Sound's like he tried. But apparently he's super human.

Cromartie, a four-time Pro Bowler who received over $7 million last year in base salary and bonuses with the New York Jets, has fathered at least 12 children from eight different women. He and his wife welcomed twins in May, though Cromartie said he had a vasectomy.

CTM
08-24-2016, 04:35 PM
Cromartie's spirit animal:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/parksandrecreation/images/c/c2/Bill_Dexhart.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111124204936

Rancid
08-24-2016, 05:44 PM
Cromartie's place must be fun at Christmas time when all the family gets together.

broncoslover115
08-25-2016, 05:15 AM
Cromartie's place must be fun at Christmas time when all the family gets together.

He and Adrian Peterson get together each year with all their kids and wives and celebrate all birthdays at once to save some money on cake and presents. :P

Rancid
08-25-2016, 05:25 AM
He and Adrian Peterson get together each year with all their kids and wives and celebrate all birthdays at once to save some money on cake and presents. :P

That is really a great idea! Sing Happy Birthday once, sing Jingle Bells once; everyone gets a piece of cake and a gift and the party is over until next year.

Broncos-R-Great
08-25-2016, 06:52 AM
Last time I heard this this story, I swear it was 10 kids, dude just doesn't stop

broncoslover115
08-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Last time I heard this this story, I swear it was 10 kids, dude just doesn't stop

All kidding aside, it's actually quite sad and a problem in my eyes. There's a woman on Oprah who does a show called Iyanla, Fix My Life. She does work with families and people who are struggling with certain issues. She did one with Terrell Owen once. She did him a lot of good.

Anyway, she also did a 4-part series on men who bare lots of kids with a bunch of different women. It was quite an eye opener. And it was quite gut wrenching. It showed the devastation from the children's side because most of the children were abandoned and not really parented by the men and got to the bottom of why the women would allow themselves to be with men who do this. It also focused on what was going on with the men who would do this as well.

It started off as just an intervention for one family and wound up becoming a huge series bringing hundreds of men and women together in a town hall like setting to deal with this issue. I was stunned at how many men do this, how many women allow themselves to be involved in this, and the impact it had on all the kids.

After the series was over the men decided to begin a movement to try and educate young men about this issue so as to prevent it; particularly because it was so devastating to the children left in the dust.

beastlyskronk
08-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Sounds like I need to change my fantasy teams name from Travis Henry's illegitimate children to Antonio Cromartie's

-Rod-
08-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Let's see how many kids he can generate on a 1-year deal with Indy.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Sad case. I guess he keeps trying to find love and being unsuccessful at it. It will impact the kids down the road if he is not spending time with them. The kids suffer in the end if abandoned.

KoolBreeze
08-29-2016, 03:27 PM
A shining example of what is at the heart of what is wrong with the USA today.

ksubroncosfan
08-29-2016, 05:01 PM
A shining example of what is at the heart of what is wrong with the USA today.

Lol ridiculous.

broncolassiter
08-30-2016, 02:52 AM
Maybe he is trying to create his own football team.

KoolBreeze
08-30-2016, 04:15 PM
Lol ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is 12 children from 8 women.

DevilSpawn
08-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Maybe he is trying to create his own football team.
He has so many kids, he has to make cuts for the 53 child roster.

ksubroncosfan
08-30-2016, 06:40 PM
What is ridiculous is 12 children from 8 women.

Of course that is ridiculous. Lol I didn't argue that. But it doesn't change the fact that your hyperbole built from an example of one man somehow being what's wrong with America, as if it's an American thing and not a random human thing, is ridiculous as well.

KoolBreeze
08-31-2016, 06:57 PM
Of course that is ridiculous. Lol I didn't argue that. But it doesn't change the fact that your hyperbole built from an example of one man somehow being what's wrong with America, as if it's an American thing and not a random human thing, is ridiculous as well.

The breakdown of the traditional family IS at the heart of a lot of the issues going on in this country today, no doubt about it.

dolphinsneu
09-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Are there limits to how much he has pay? I believe in my state, you can't be forced to pay more than 22% of your income.

dolphinsneu
09-24-2016, 06:36 PM
Are you telling me that this guy had a child AFTER he had a vasectomy?

Strip Sacked
09-25-2016, 05:52 AM

Everybody has a cousin related to Cromartie ;)

CheyennePress
09-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Lol ridiculous.

No, it really isn't. The disintegration of the nuclear family is nothing to laugh about.

Mel B.
09-25-2016, 03:15 PM

Yep...you don't become sterile right after getting a vasectomy.

Either the vasectomy didn't take and he needs to get a second one done or he didn't give himself the allotted time required post-vasectomy before he had unprotected sex with his wife...or wifey stepped out on him.

A vasectomy stops you from producing 'new' sperm in 'the pipes' but it doesn't clear out the 'old' sperm that's already in 'the pipes' pre-vasectomy. It takes about 30 ejaculates post-vasectomy before 'the pipes' are fully clear of sperm.

http://www.vasectomy.com/question/how-long-after-a-vasectomy-will-i-become-completely-sterile-6007

Atwnbroncfan
09-25-2016, 03:31 PM
Thats it? Given his salary I'd think he'd pay a mill a year at least.

Mel B.
10-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Let's see how many kids he can generate on a 1-year deal with Indy.

Indy just released him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000715472/article/colts-dump-starters-antonio-cromartie-sio-moore

The recent NFL tradition of heads rolling upon the losing team's return from London continued on Tuesday.

A pair of starters on Indianapolis' 30th-ranked scoring defense have lost their jobs.

The Colts released cornerback Antonio Cromartie and waived inside linebacker Sio Moore, the team announced.

Cromartie was signed in a late-August fit of desperation when starting cornerbacks Vontae Davis and Patrick Robinson each went down with injuries.

The 32-year-old cornerback was benched in the second half of Sunday's loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars after allowing a touchdown to star receiver Allen Robinson at London's Wembley Stadium. He was deemed expendable with Davis and Robinson back in the lineup and slot corner Darius Butler due back soon.

Acquired in a September, 2015 trade with the Oakland Raiders, Moore was part of an inside-linebacker rotation with Josh McNary and rookie Antonio Morrison opposite veteran D'Qwell Jackson. He was a liability in coverage, too often leaving the middle of the field open for big plays.

It's rarely a positive measure when key contributors are dumped on the Tuesday of game week. In this case, it's a sign that the Colts finally have better options on a feeble defense.

YangDaniel027
10-04-2016, 09:58 PM
So...did he make enough to pay for his child support?