PDA

View Full Version : NFL HGH Probe

Rastic
08-31-2016, 12:46 PM
The NFL issued the results from its investigation of the remaining players named in the Al-Jazeera HGH story which also named Peyton Manning (since cleared).

All the players denied the accusations

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
Here is the full release from the @NFL on clearing the players in the HGH Al-Jazeera America situation

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrNQRrXXYAYX2Ha.jpg:large

One player not mentioned in the release is Mike Neal. It's assumed his investigation is still on going.

VegasOdds101
10-07-2016, 05:28 PM
The NFL issued the results from its investigation of the remaining players named in the Al-Jazeera HGH story which also named Peyton Manning (since cleared).

All the players denied the accusations

One player not mentioned in the release is Mike Neal. It's assumed his investigation is still on going.

Just the NFL embarrassing itself again...."comprehensive investigation", that's a good one. There was no investigation, just a meeting with the players who all denied it, so no evidence found. NFL decides who it wants to bust, clearly they had no interest in a huge scandal involving many great players. If they did they would have hired Wells like they did in bountygate and deflategate. Goodell has no integrity.....

CaribouRanch
10-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Hi, Broncos fans! :) Our Broncos already played Thursday Night, so here's the menu for this Sunday. ;)

KCNC CBS Channel 4: Chiefs @ Raiders

KDVR FOX Channel 31: Redskins @ Eagles, and Cowboys @ Packers

http://506sports.com/

http://www.506sports.com/

Freyaka
10-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Hi, Broncos fans! :) Our Broncos will play Thursday Night, so here's the menu for this Sunday. ;)

KCNC CBS Channel 4: Chiefs @ Raiders

KDVR FOX Channel 31: Redskins @ Eagles, and Cowboys @ Packers

http://506sports.com/

http://www.506sports.com/

Game hasn't happened yet since it's Wednesday :D

Broncos-R-Great
10-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Game hasn't happened yet since it's Wednesday :D

Oh man! I was what?? Is this guy from the future??

Seattle_Cat
10-16-2016, 05:25 PM
I watched the Seahawks game today and Seattle was lucky to get a win today. That was in Seattle where it is hard for visitors to win. Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are really hard to stop. The Atlanta defense is pretty good too. Bronco fans shouldn't feel real bad about losing that game. Siemian and the Broncos are still learning to play together and I suspect Trevor wasn't 100% in the SD game.

bigdog1002
10-17-2016, 10:49 AM
I watched the Seahawks game today and Seattle was lucky to get a win today. That was in Seattle where it is hard for visitors to win. Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are really hard to stop. The Atlanta defense is pretty good too. Bronco fans shouldn't feel real bad about losing that game. Siemian and the Broncos are still learning to play together and I suspect Trevor wasn't 100% in the SD game.

They were basically afraid to throw at Talib and CHJ (and both dropped INTs that could've changed the outcome but no way you can criticize those guys.. just bad luck).. They weren't at all afraid of Richard Sherman.. if not for the missed DPI call on him at the end, ATL has a FG attempt to win that game

SkyFlash1
10-26-2016, 02:03 AM
I think it was 1st Qtr and Nantz said he'd asked Brock about the move and Brock said he loved Denver (and the staff, team, fans, etc.) but he felt the opportunity in Houston was better and it wasn't about the money. Does that make any sense really? What better opportunity could there be in Houston? With Denver you have a big game winning defense strong enough make it easy on the offense. Maybe he thought Elway would bring in a new starting QB and he'd go to the bench again but I don't know how he could think that with the offered salary. Maybe he wanted to go to a team with a great offense that could then win by scoring a lot of points instead of relying on the defense but that doesn't really describe Houston. I really have tried to come up with a logical explanation of his statement but I think he should just say he went for the money and not try to sell some angle that doesn't wash but maybe lets him sleep better at night.

Starbroncs
10-26-2016, 04:51 AM
I think it was 1st Qtr and Nantz said he'd asked Brock about the move and Brock said he loved Denver (and the staff, team, fans, etc.) but he felt the opportunity in Houston was better and it wasn't about the money. Does that make any sense really? What better opportunity could there be in Houston? With Denver you have a big game winning defense strong enough make it easy on the offense. Maybe he thought Elway would bring in a new starting QB and he'd go to the bench again but I don't know how he could think that with the offered salary. Maybe he wanted to go to a team with a great offense that could then win by scoring a lot of points instead of relying on the defense but that doesn't really describe Houston. I really have tried to come up with a logical explanation of his statement but I think he should just say he went for the money and not try to sell some angle that doesn't wash but maybe lets him sleep better at night.

hes just trying to say the right thing like everyone else...he went after the money.

listopencil
10-26-2016, 04:59 AM
Brock in Denver: Just a guy. Brock in Houston: Potential franchise savior. So far it's not working out that way.

Rancid
10-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Brock was making somewhere around $1-M per year more or less. There was no call from the Broncos and he got $36-M guaranteed. Who wouldn't make that move? It worked out great for both sides and it seems to be working out terribly for the Texans.

LSIGRAD09
10-26-2016, 05:50 AM
It's about the money. Period.
Maybe a little spite too.

AussieBronco76
11-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Just looked at nmy local betting markets for SB LI and noticed that KC are 3rd favorites behind Cowboys and Patriots who are top seed.We are sixth.Do KC deserve to be that low???

SaltySnipes
11-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Just looked at nmy local betting markets for SB LI and noticed that KC are 3rd favorites behind Cowboys and Patriots who are top seed.We are sixth.Do KC deserve to be that low???

We match up well against them. Chargers are a bad one for us because their Tight ends in gates and henry with their running backs that receive well pose more of a problem. Chiefs arent stellar any where.

ksubroncosfan
11-01-2016, 02:17 PM
We match up well against them. Chargers are a bad one for us because their Tight ends in gates and henry with their running backs that receive well pose more of a problem. Chiefs arent stellar any where.

Chiefs have the better tight end and the better rushing attack over San Diego. I actually think the Chiefs are one of our worst matchups in the entire NFL.

listopencil
11-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Ian Rapoport Verified account
‏@RapSheet

You're not going to believe this... but the #Jets are planning to release RB Knile Davis (again) as they finalize a deal for RB CJ Spiller.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/793586357344108544

Are we good with Bibbs or should we look at Davis if he gets released?

listopencil
11-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Here's an article about it:

Jets to release RB Knile Davis only hours after signing

Itís been a whirlwind few weeks for Knile Davis. As if all of the moving around wasnít enough though, Tuesday had to be especially frustrating for the fourth-year running back, as for the second time in two days, he found himself out of a job.

Earlier on Tuesday, the Jets announced they had signed Davis, which it seemed would bring his travels to an end for the remainder of the season at least. Yet as Ian Rapoport for the NFL Network reported not long after that news broke, the Jets have apparently had a change of heart and are planning to release Davis as they finalize a deal with free-agent running back C.J. Spiller.

It has to be depressing for Davis, who must be beginning to feel like the most unwanted player in the NFL. Only two weeks ago, the 2012 third-round draft pick was traded from the Chiefs to the Packers for a conditional seventh-round pick, then on Monday was waived after two games with his new team.

Once Davis cleared waivers, the Jets swooped in, but apparently have already had a change of heart.

While itís unfortunate, Davis has not been very effective as a ball carrier in his career, averaging 3.3 yards per carry, nor is he an exceptional receiver out of the backfield. Fumble issues marred his first two seasons in the league as well.

Still, you never want to see a player jerked around like this, especially the way the Jets went about their business today. This move right here is a sure sign of organizational disarray, not that it should come as any surprise in 2016.

https://www.all22.com/new-york-jets/jets-to-release-rb-knile-davis-only-hours-after-signing

Rich_C
11-20-2016, 08:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000742529/Ref-s-call-False-start-on-everyone-but-the-center

Thought I'd share this link. Ref calls false start on all lineman but the C.

Very funny.

ABQBronco25
11-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Haha! Sometimes these refs get tongue-tied or lose their thoughts with the mic on, and hilarity ensues. My personal favorite is still the ref who elaborated on a personal foul call by saying "He was giving him the business!"

broncoslover115
11-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Thank God. Too bad he didn't get life in prison without the possibility of parole. He's the scum of the earth and should never be allowed to walk the face of the earth.

http://abc7.com/news/ex-nfl-star-darren-sharper-sentenced-to-20-years-in-prison-for-la-rapes/1630775/

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former NFL star Darren Sharper was sentenced to 20 years behind bars and ordered to register for life as a sex offender on Tuesday for drugging and raping two women he met at a West Hollywood nightclub.

Sharper, 41, will serve the time concurrently with a sentence handed down in Louisiana for similar crimes. He was given credit for 2,017 days already served.

Officials stated Sharper raped as many as 16 women in California, Arizona, Louisiana and Nevada.

In March 2015, he pleaded no contest to two counts of rape by the use of a drug and four counts of furnishing a controlled substance. Under a plea deal, a count of possession of morphine and allegations about the rape were dismissed. He received similar agreements in Arizona, Nevada and Louisiana.

The L.A. charges come from two separate sexual assaults. The first was on Oct. 30, 2013, when Sharper brought two women from a West Hollywood nightclub and invited them to a party. Instead, he first stopped at his hotel room with the women and gave each one a drink with the sedative zolpidem.

One of the women said she woke up naked hours later while Sharper was emotional when she made her statement.

"I would have nightmares of him raping me or killing me. It got so bad, I couldn't sleep," she said. "Today, I stand here knowing Darren Sharper will never take something so precious from another woman again."

In the second incident, which happened Jan. 14, 2014, Sharper met another pair of women at the same nightclub and same events from the first sexual assault took place. He invited two women to a party but instead took them to his hotel room, where he gave them drinks.

The women woke up hours later, and one said she believes she was sexually assaulted, according to details from the District Attorney's Office.

Sharper was a six-time All-Pro player, five-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champion during his career which included stops with the New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings.

The defense back retired from the NFL in 2011 and was working as an NFL network analyst.

Sharper became eligible for the National Football Hall of Fame in 2016.

City News Service contributed to this report.

ABQBronco25
12-01-2016, 11:19 PM
20 years is a joke. That essentially makes the going rate for serial rape around 1 year in prison per rape. I don't think concurrent sentences are appropriate for 1st degree felonies like rape and murder. I agree with Broncoslover, Sharper shouldn't be allowed to walk the earth as a free man again, but hopefully 2 decades in prison makes him think about everything he threw away, and everyone he hurt.

Mel B.
12-04-2016, 08:33 AM
In my opinion, he should have been fired the second they decided to move back to LA. Oh, well...he's another team's and fan base's problem.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000750279/article/rams-sign-jeff-fisher-to-twoyear-extension

In his first four seasons with the Rams, Fisher has guided the team to records of 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, and 7-9. The Rams currently sit at 4-7 with a difficult schedule down the stretch. Fisher hasn't led a team to a winning season since 2008 and has just six seasons in his 22-year coaching career with more than eight victories.

DevilSpawn
12-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Brilliant move. Keep Fisher as a scapegoat for the next two years and then fire him just in time to open the new Los Angeles stadium. Sell tickets with the new coach, hyping the dawn of a new era.

Or Kroenke is an idiot.

InElwayWeTrust
12-12-2016, 11:37 PM
A person in Las Vegas put $5 on a 15-team parlay this weekend to win $100,000.

Heading into Monday Night's game he/she was 14-0, only needing the Patriots to cover minus-7.

The Patriots led 23-3 midway through the 3rd quarter, as well as 30-20 with 2 minutes to play, but thanks to the last field goal only won by 7 points.

On most parlays the bettor would push the final game, and the parlay would drop down to a 14-team parlay (still a massive payday).

However, this parlay was of the "Ties Lose" variety, and the person won absolutely nothing.

Lesson- Gambling is cruel....

samparnell
12-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Gambling on sporting events is unwise.