PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Bud Dupree placed on IR

Strip Sacked
09-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Steelers forum is about to implode:

http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7118

The Pittsburgh Steelers' defense has suffered a massive blow.

The team announced Sunday it placed linebacker Bud Dupree on the reserve/injured list to start the season. He missed all of the preseason.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Dupree is going to have surgery to fix a core muscle tear, per a source.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000695261/article/steelers-place-bud-dupree-on-injured-reserve

broncoslover115
09-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Now this is something folks should care about, not whether a player kneels, sits or stands.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/San-Francisco-49ers-FB-Bruce-Miller-arrested-for-assault-47236183

At 2:02 CT Monday, the San Francisco 49ers announced that they have released fullback Bruce Miller.

The NFL season officially begins this week as teams are taking what they learned from the preseason and finalizing gamelans for their week one match-ups. However, one member of the San Francisco 49ers is dealing with another type of battle this week which will likely end up fought in a courtroom.

According to KTVU, 49ers fullback Bruce Miller was arrested for assaulting two individuals, one who was 70-years old, early Monday morning at the Fisherman's Wharf Marriott Hotel. Miller allegedly attempted to check in to the hotel Sunday night, but was turned away due to a lack of vacancy in the establishment. Monday morning however, the fullback returned and knocked on the door of a guest at the hotel and when told the NFL player had the wrong room he allegedly began attacking the guest and his father. The report also states that the elder of the victims has suffered broken bones.

The 49ers fullback fled the scene but was later arrested by local police.

Sophia23
09-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Now this is something folks should care about, not whether a player kneels, sits or stands.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/San-Francisco-49ers-FB-Bruce-Miller-arrested-for-assault-47236183

At 2:02 CT Monday, the San Francisco 49ers announced that they have released fullback Bruce Miller.

The NFL season officially begins this week as teams are taking what they learned from the preseason and finalizing gamelans for their week one match-ups. However, one member of the San Francisco 49ers is dealing with another type of battle this week which will likely end up fought in a courtroom.

According to KTVU, 49ers fullback Bruce Miller was arrested for assaulting two individuals, one who was 70-years old, early Monday morning at the Fisherman's Wharf Marriott Hotel. Miller allegedly attempted to check in to the hotel Sunday night, but was turned away due to a lack of vacancy in the establishment. Monday morning however, the fullback returned and knocked on the door of a guest at the hotel and when told the NFL player had the wrong room he allegedly began attacking the guest and his father. The report also states that the elder of the victims has suffered broken bones.

The 49ers fullback fled the scene but was later arrested by local police.

That's very disturbing, Bruce Miller earned his release and hopefully some sort of time in prison.

I have to admit though, I always get irritated when I read that I people shouldn't care about a players response to our national anthem. I think that everyone has their own opinions and beliefs, as well as the right to be irritated that some premedonna who gets paid millions can be disrespectful to our country's anthem, which in my opinion is disrespectful to the military that fought to give him is freedom to sit there and be disrespectful.

My opinion, I hate Kaepernick for his disrespect, even if he believes, and others may share his belief that he is doing the right thing. My opinion, what Bruce Miller has done here is a much bigger issue, but the lead in sentence to introduce the topic really takes away from the real issue.... no offense meant, but that's my two cents, that the two have nothing to do with one another and the first really takes away from the other if you want to bring awareness to violence.

Peerless
09-05-2016, 03:11 PM
What a terrible person...

broncoslover115
09-05-2016, 04:29 PM
That's very disturbing, Bruce Miller earned his release and hopefully some sort of time in prison.

I have to admit though, I always get irritated when I read that I people shouldn't care about a players response to our national anthem. I think that everyone has their own opinions and beliefs, as well as the right to be irritated that some premedonna who gets paid millions can be disrespectful to our country's anthem, which in my opinion is disrespectful to the military that fought to give him is freedom to sit there and be disrespectful.

My opinion, I hate Kaepernick for his disrespect, even if he believes, and others may share his belief that he is doing the right thing. My opinion, what Bruce Miller has done here is a much bigger issue, but the lead in sentence to introduce the topic really takes away from the real issue.... no offense meant, but that's my two cents, that the two have nothing to do with one another and the first really takes away from the other if you want to bring awareness to violence.

Opinion heard. We've been talking about it so much in P&R and shouldn't have added that tidbit to it in this. My bad. :thumb:

CaribouRanch
09-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Hi, Broncos fans! :) Like the new layout and moderation of the Broncos Fan Message Board. I missed the pictures of the fans though.

Of course of Super Bowl 50 Champions Denver Broncos lead the first scheduled weekend of the 2016 NFL Season with the rematch with Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on Thursday Night Football, but there's more NFL Football this coming Sunday. :helmet: :logo: :salute: :goz:

KCNC CBS Channel 4 is televising the AFC West divisional matchup in KC when the Chargers play the ChiefsNFL On CBS's early regional single header game at Arrowhead Stadium late Sunday Morning.

KDVR FOX Channel 31 is also televising both the Bears @ Texans (Brock Osweiler's regular season debut at Houston), and N.Y. Giants @ Dallas primary early and late double header games on The NFL On FOX this Sunday.All games seen live on HD.

http://506sports.com/

http://www.506sports.com/

LSIGRAD09
09-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Meh, hate being in the Redskins/Ravens market... Least I get the Giants game, may get the Packers game. Not really wanting to see the Ravens and Bills.

Rich_C
09-16-2016, 06:51 AM
So I have gone through many of their off-season transactions and their current roster and to be honest they seem to have some great pieces up front but WOW does their secondary not look good. In fact when you look at the game from this past Thursday night vs the Jets a few more decent cover plays from the CB's and they would have won that game.

So here is the question is this a Rob Ryan scheme issue or is this a talent issue?

thoughts?

beastlyskronk
09-16-2016, 12:38 PM
It's a coaching thing. Gilmore and Darby are very talented corners. Graham and Williams have both been solid in the past. They just don't have a consistent pass rush and I honestly think Rex has lost the locker room

-Rod-
09-16-2016, 01:06 PM
The Bills D was not an issue when Jim Schwartz was running that group.

EDIT: By the way, Rex should not be only one to go. That GM needs to go too.

Rich_C
09-16-2016, 07:28 PM
It's a coaching thing. Gilmore and Darby are very talented corners. Graham and Williams have both been solid in the past. They just don't have a consistent pass rush and I honestly think Rex has lost the locker room

I am struggling to see it. They had some decent pressure and when there was a proper blitz or pressure they were unable to cover their man. The difference looked to be the CB and Safeties for the Bills and the Jets o line was able to keep just one section of the pocket there for Fitz to throw.

Overall though toe it looked like they simply cannot cover.

Rich_C
09-18-2016, 07:23 AM
You do realize a Defense shouldn't be on the field for 41 minutes in a game right? The offense only scored 24 pts... The defense got the other 7....and of the 24 pts the Bills scored 2 of their TDS we're on drives that ended with Broken play Deep Ball TDs.....and those 2 drives last 2 minutes and 46 seconds combined.... nothing wrong with it, but you need your offense to hold the ball for at least a few minutes to give the defense time to rest, and plan for the next drive... 3 and outs, combined with the 2 quick scores only benefitted the offensive rest..... The Offense, and Defense should compliment eachother.... The offensive play calling was atrocious, and lead to our defense being on the field for more than 2/3 of the game

The above text came from nfl dot
Com from a poster there. Thought it was very well written.

brianmcfarlane
09-21-2016, 11:33 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000706867/article/adrian-peterson-to-undergo-knee-surgery-thursday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000706882/article/vikings-sign-former-broncos-rb-ronnie-hillman

It will be interesting to see how Hillman does in Minnesota. I expect it will take at least a couple of weeks before he sees any playing time/carries.

flosstein
09-22-2016, 06:28 PM
I hope he does well there. Though I wasn't his biggest fan, he gave his all for us and I :salute: him for that.