PDA

View Full Version : The best play of Rams @ 49ers

Rastic
09-13-2016, 06:35 AM
Oh how I wish there was a YouTube video of this but there isn't yet.

If you watched the game you heard the epic call by announcer Kevin Harlan during the Rams @ 49ers game. I didn't get a chance to watch it and from the sounds of it, the game was pretty dull. This moment seems to have made a dumpster fire of a game somewhat redeemable.

Harlan's play-by-play analysis:

"Hey! Somebody's run out on the field. Some goofball in a hat. And a red shirt. And he takes off the shirt. He's running down the middle by the 50! He's at the 30! He's bare-chested and banging his chest and now runs the opposite way."

"He runs at the 50. He runs at the 40. The guy is drunk, but there he goes! The 20! They're chasing him. They're not going to get him. Waving his arms, bare-chested. Somebody grab that man.... Oh and they tackle him at the 40-yard line!"

"That was the most exciting thing to happen tonight"

Pretty freaking hilarious.

The video is available here at Twitter (https://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/775562761543688193). Unfortunately the video does not follow said "goofball in a red shirt" but the audio is all that really matters. Watch it, and watch it again. I guarantee your day will be better because of it.

Enjoy! :thumb:

Edit: I knew I wouldn't have to wait long. Here is thr YouTube video that includes a cellphone recording of the guy running and getting tackled.

http://youtu.be/JssKqYoy5p4

Broncos-R-Great
09-13-2016, 08:36 AM
That was hilarious!

Kevin Harlan is 1000 times better than the play by play announcers ESPN had, that guy who did the first game and Chris Berman, wow they were terrible. Should've just muted games and listened to Harlan.

Peanut
09-13-2016, 11:10 AM
I still had the game on but I had stopped watching. I just saw a flash of red. They stopped televising people doing this but I knew someone would have it on their phone.

Rancid
09-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Was that really the Rams or the Chargers playing in Rams uniforms? :laugh:

Rastic
09-13-2016, 12:06 PM
That was hilarious!

Kevin Harlan is 1000 times better than the play by play announcers ESPN had, that guy who did the first game and Chris Berman, wow they were terrible. Should've just muted games and listened to Harlan.

I can't agree with this any more. ESPN announcers are the worst. Even Gruden, whom I admire with his input as a coach, just does not communicate well on TV - he feels so unnatural, but maybe that's because he has to filter out all the expletives he'd normally use.

Harlan could do play-by-play at a gas station and still manage to make it worth watching / listening.

dizzolve
09-13-2016, 05:11 PM
A little better quality Audio

broncoslover115
09-13-2016, 05:57 PM
I heard it on a Boston sports radio show. Absolutely fantastic!