PDA

View Full Version : 21 Straight Wins! But....

ELWAY421
09-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Love what the Tribe accomplished today, but does it really mean anything if they don't close the deal, and win it all? I mean how do we view the Warriors streak after the blew a 3-1 series lead against the Cavaliers? Man, if they somehow pull it off this year it would probably be bigger than the Cavs championship to the city, and state.

HUMCALC
09-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Love what the Tribe accomplished today, but does it really mean anything if they don't close the deal, and win it all? I mean how do we view the Warriors streak after the blew a 3-1 series lead against the Cavaliers? Man, if they somehow pull it off this year it would probably be bigger than the Cavs championship to the city, and state.

It's not the record yet, they still need 6 more wins. The Cavs was more impressive since they beat the defending champions, coming back from an unprecedented deficit, and led by the hometown boy.

CanDB
09-13-2017, 04:54 PM
It's not the record yet, they still need 6 more wins. The Cavs was more impressive since they beat the defending champions, coming back from an unprecedented deficit, and led by the hometown boy.

HC....isn't there an * involved with the longer streak.....there was a tie involved in that record? Not that it is a bad streak.

But I am very impressed with Cleveland (again) this year. I am a little ticked given they acquired Encarnacion from my Jays, but it's part of the biz. EE was a huge fan fav in Toronto and across Canada!!

Meanwhile The Dodgers have taken an abrupt turn in the wrong direction!

HUMCALC
09-13-2017, 05:31 PM
HC....isn't there an * involved with the longer streak.....there was a tie involved in that record? Not that it is a bad streak.

But I am very impressed with Cleveland (again) this year. I am a little ticked given they acquired Encarnacion from my Jays, but it's part of the biz. EE was a huge fan fav in Toronto and across Canada!!

Meanwhile The Dodgers have taken an abrupt turn in the wrong direction!

Yes, that's true that there was a tie. I also like TOR, and would give anything to see a TOR/CHI or TOR/COL world series. Unfortunately, LA won last night

CanDB
09-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Yes, that's true that there was a tie. I also like TOR, and would give anything to see a TOR/CHI or TOR/COL world series. Unfortunately, LA won last night

Good to know pal......didn't know you liked The Jays.:thumb: But they need to acquire a few studs next year. Giancarlo would be a very nice starting point in the process!;)

kingelway7
09-14-2017, 08:09 AM
Indians getting hot too early. See the 2002 A's.

Spice 1
09-14-2017, 08:33 AM
Indians getting hot too early. See the 2002 A's.

You're probably right, but even if the Indians don't win the World Series (which would surprise no one), they'll at least have the AL record win streak. Hell, the Athletics got a movie out of it. I would probably need about ten guesses to figure out who even won the World Series that year. Unless it was a default team like the Yankees or Red Sox. They would be my first two guesses, and I would care even less.

CanDB
09-14-2017, 08:46 AM
You're probably right, but even if the Indians don't win the World Series (which would surprise no one), they'll at least have the AL record win streak. Hell, the Athletics got a movie out of it. I would probably need about ten guesses to figure out who even won the World Series that year. Unless it was a default team like the Yankees or Red Sox. They would be my first two guesses, and I would care even less.

As long as they do not copy The A's "in all ways", as in, no money to play ball;), they should be around for a while.

Spice 1
09-14-2017, 09:06 AM
As long as they do not copy The A's "in all ways", as in, no money to play ball;), they should be around for a while.

Nope, that's the Browns.:)

CanDB
09-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Nope, that's the Browns.:)

At least they get every draft pick correct........

:confused:

(I shouldn't make fun....I am pulling for them this year).

HUMCALC
09-14-2017, 06:48 PM

It was Anaheim

HUMCALC
09-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Good to know pal......didn't know you liked The Jays.:thumb: But they need to acquire a few studs next year. Giancarlo would be a very nice starting point in the process!;)

When I first start to watch a sport, I choose a team based on uniform colors/logos. That's how come I LOVE Florida and LSU. When my dad made me watch baseball in the early 1990's, I was immediately drawn to TOR's uniforms, so I've always liked them

Spice 1
09-14-2017, 07:05 PM
It was Anaheim

Nice. I was just about to Google it, too.;)

Looks like the streak might come to an end, here.

Or not...