PDA

View Full Version : An intelligent debate



Broncofan-13
10-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Finally, we will be able to answer a question that has plagued mankind for centuries....... is cheesecake a pie or a cake?

Hoolah
10-22-2003, 11:35 AM
This is a very serious question...

My feeling is it is a cake. Otherwise it would be called "Cheesepie".

2 Minute Warning
10-22-2003, 01:49 PM
I "think" it's a cake. Now I'm hungryLOL

orang/blu in LA
10-22-2003, 06:02 PM
i'm thinking it's a pie. the crust is what sways me in that direction. not too many cakes have graham cracker crusts, right? whoever named it, i bet they were craving a cake but didn't have much food in the house...hee hee. God, i must be bored.

Broncofan-13
10-25-2003, 02:53 AM
really?! more people think its a cake? sorry, but in my opinion, its a pie. for one, its made in a pie tin, with pie crust. but either way, cheesecake is good :)

yes orang/blu, were all bored :)

broncogirl69
10-29-2003, 02:10 PM
I think it is a pie .... someone was confussed when they named it lol

RealBronco
10-29-2003, 02:35 PM
I believe it is in the same category with those chocolate pies, and banana cream pie. I think it's only called "cheesecake" because "cheesepie" doesn't have quite the ring to it. "Cheesepie" sounds kind of cheesy to me....

Either way it's all so yummy. Mmmm...cheeseca----ooh banana...

Return of Lava
10-29-2003, 07:25 PM
what is cheesecake...........NASTY!

RealBronco
10-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Are you kidding me? It's soooo yummy! You must try some some time... Live a little.

ReasonableChief
10-31-2003, 01:17 PM
OK ... I'm a little bored because it's a bye week for the Chiefs. I did a little informal research and the consensus was that Cheesecake is a custard pie. It is made the same way as a custard pie, has the same structure. It is a pie, and always will be a pie.

However, there is a line of thinking that considers Cheesecake to be neither, but instead a custard.

I detect controversy, but I'll eat it whether it be a pie, cake or custard.

broncogirl69
10-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks for checking onto that ....... ;)

ReasonableChief
10-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Anything for a lady.

BroncoStud102
10-31-2003, 02:09 PM
Cake all the way guys!

Fraser
11-01-2003, 05:57 AM
How can anyone think that cheesecake is a pie? If it was a pie it'd be called cheesepie!! Pies are hot, when was the last time anybody had a hot cheesecake? Come on people, lets have a serious debate, who is worse Beuerline or Kanell?!

broncogirl69
11-01-2003, 12:18 PM
ummmm there are pies that are not hot ... coconut cream pie, chocolate pie, banana cream pie ..... ect



and for the record I am not impressed with either QB

Fraser
11-01-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by broncogirl69
ummmm there are pies that are not hot ... coconut cream pie, chocolate pie, banana cream pie ..... ect


Fair enough, but my point is that you dont eat cheesecake hot. It sounds that you know your pies by the way!

broncogirl69
11-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Yeah I know a little something about pies ;)

Return of Lava
11-01-2003, 05:47 PM
cheesecake is a pie because it doesnt have the kind of bread to be a cake

orang/blu in LA
11-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Found this. God, i hope my boss never sees what i do with my time...

"Cheesecake is believed to have originated in ancient Greece. History has the first recorded mention of cheesecake being served to athletes during the first Olympic games held in 776 B.C.

But cheese making can be traced back as far as 2,000 B.C., where anthropologists have found cheese molds dating back to that period. The Romans later spread cheesecake from Greece to across Europe. Centuries later cheesecake appeared in America, the recipes brought over by immigrants.

In 1872, American dairymen, who were trying to recreate the French cheese, Neufchatel, invented cream cheese. The most likely assumption is that cheesecake is named as such and not cheese pie because it is usually made on a biscuit and not pastry base. Cheesecake also implies sweetness and not the savory that you would expect from cheese pie."

Picker
11-03-2003, 04:26 PM
After all, they are CheeseHeads!.

My feeling is its a pie, but there are some pies that I know are not pies, just like I know there are puddings that I wouldn't consider puding. After all, I don't consider "Blood Pudding" nor "Bread Pudding" to be a pudding... Yorkshire Pudding to be either, though, I know Jello doesn't own the trademark to pudding. I have to agree that it is a custard pie. One reason, is that it is traditionally prepared with a shell, not served on its own.

Hoolah
11-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Fraser
Fair enough, but my point is that you dont eat cheesecake hot. It sounds that you know your pies by the way!


Fraser,

Think this one is a International difference. Pies in the UK are generally hot with a pie crust over the top. (ala Apple Pie).

In the US there are many kinds of cream pies like coconut, banana, and my favorite lemon. But I never had one till I came to the US.

They're not hot at all, yanks correct me if I'm wrong.

So, think in the UK Cheesecake is definately a cake, by comparison.

I love this thread...who started this?

Constant source of entertainment to me to check out what the current thought on the cheesecake debate is.

AsianOrange
11-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Hoolah: Is there dessert in England?

Hoolah
11-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Yes, clears throat...

Dessert is a term we use to describe all forms of pie/cake/pudding, basically anything that is sweet that you eat after your main course...it is not specific to one type of sweet food.

For example: I used to eat yoghurt for dessert.

What is "dessert" over here? (US).

(I love this stuff, I am such a geek).

Jared
11-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Hoolah
Yes, clears throat...

Dessert is a term we use to describe all forms of pie/cake/pudding, basically anything that is sweet that you eat after your main course...it is not specific to one type of sweet food.

For example: I used to eat yoghurt for dessert.

What is "dessert" over here? (US).

(I love this stuff, I am such a geek).

Yeah, the definition is pretty much the same here. But as you pointed out, we have different stuff.

Go to Pennsylvania and eat authentic Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie, which is hot, and is a main course, and is not Dutch! HAHAH

PA Dutch is actually a bastardization of deutsch, which is German. So the PA Dutch are actually German.

Too bad they don't have cold pies in UK. Think of what they are missing: Pumpkin, chocoltae silk, peanut butter silk, key lime, lemon merangue (spelling?), banana cream, etc, etc, etc

Hoolah
11-05-2003, 07:58 AM
We have Lemon Meringue...strange that...maybe it's french.

But yes we are missing out on all the cream pies, I have eaten my own body weight in cream pies several times over since I have been here.

Have not had Peanut Butter Silk, am outraged and off to the Store to track it down.

And also, have to say that Chicken Pot Pie is the strangest thing, isn't that the one where you can eat the dish it comes in?...I mean the chicken is inside a pastry pot???

Jared
11-05-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Hoolah
And also, have to say that Chicken Pot Pie is the strangest thing, isn't that the one where you can eat the dish it comes in?...I mean the chicken is inside a pastry pot???


Well, I have seen served literally as a pie with a bottom and top crust, just with chicken and veggies inside.

The PA Dutch style is to break up the crust or biscuit into the stew-like mixture. Sometimes has egg noodles in the mixture as well. Its like 8,000 calories a serving. :-)

ReasonableChief
11-05-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Hoolah
And also, have to say that Chicken Pot Pie is the strangest thing, isn't that the one where you can eat the dish it comes in?...I mean the chicken is inside a pastry pot???

Chicken Pot Pie, as well as the often underrated beef pot pie, is a staple of the bachelor buffet. At 3 for a dollar (4, if they're on sale), it's delicious, nutritious and fattening as heck. Plus, you get an attractive tin to decorate your bachlor walls.

I didn't know people actually made it from scratch. I'd made it through this debate without getting hungry for pie, but now I've got to go get some Chicken Pot Pie.

Sometimes I miss bachelorhood.

Jared
11-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
Chicken Pot Pie, as well as the often underrated beef pot pie, is a staple of the bachelor buffet. At 3 for a dollar (4, if they're on sale), it's delicious, nutritious and fattening as heck. Plus, you get an attractive tin to decorate your bachlor walls.

I didn't know people actually made it from scratch.


LOL! True.

When traveling anywhere in rural PA or NE OH, I would suggest going to an Amish owned restaurant. They make EVERYTHING from scratch. And yes, its fattening, but thats why I went once in a blue moon. And that is how I have seen it prepared differently.

Nothing quite like food made with real milk, freshly churned butter, and unprocessed whole grain breads

HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm

Yummy.

Broncofan-13
11-05-2003, 08:18 AM
This thread is still alive?!
we have some bored bored people here :D
Now I need some pie.

orang/blu in LA
11-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Now I'm starving! i used to work at Baker's Square (pie place) when i was in High School, and reading this thread is giving me flashbacks. There was this Snicker Pie and then a Heath Bar pie - those were sinful. People say when you work with a certain kind of food all the time and eat enough of it you'll be turned off of that food forever... that NEVER happened to me. haha. To this day i crave their French Silk pie... Okay, time to raid the fridge... (oh, and yes, i'm bored. bored and now hungry...)

Broncofan-13
11-05-2003, 12:22 PM
woohooo!!!! I just bought some pie!! mmmm, pie

ReasonableChief
11-05-2003, 04:50 PM
OK... it's taken about a week, but I emailed the staff and management at The Cheesecake Factory and here is the reply, edited only to preserve my identity:

-----Original Message-----
From: HWernick@thecheesecakefactory.com [mailto:HWernick@thecheesecakefactory.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 5:39 PM
To: XXXXXXX@.com
Subject: The Cheesecake Factory

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX:
Thank you for your email. Cheesecake is indeed cake.
I hope this is helpful!
Hilary Wernick

Broncofan-13
11-06-2003, 03:58 AM
ah, crap. and all this time I thought it was a pie.... oh well. Its good either way.

orang/blu in LA
11-06-2003, 07:30 AM
OR..... maybe the Cheesecake Factory doesn't want us know that it's a PIE, b/c they have a whole lot of signs and menus that would be useless! They don't want us to know they took part in the MASSIVE LIE! ReasonableChief - do they know where you LIVE? don't walk in a dark parking structure alone! is there clicking on your phone line? if you smell cheesecake/pie, RUN! ;)

Wish Seinfeld was still on...this could've been a job for them...

Hoolah
11-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Although I'm a supporter of the "Cake" theory.

I have to agree with orang/blu in LA here. They have alot to loose by the bursting of this particular bubble. Also, I note that their arguement is scanty at best!...no back up evidence. Just "It's a Cake", definately has a don't ask dangerous questions vibe.

orang/blu in LA
11-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Hoolah
Although I'm a supporter of the "Cake" theory.

I have to agree with orang/blu in LA here. They have alot to loose by the bursting of this particular bubble. Also, I note that their arguement is scanty at best!...no back up evidence. Just "It's a Cake", definately has a don't ask dangerous questions vibe.

VERY scanty argument... you're right. I'm picturing a dark room with a bunch of men dressed in black suits, smoking cigars, with maybe one guy in a chef's outfit who's VERY nervous... "they're getting closer...we need to bury this problem...no one wants to eat cheesepie...."

AsianOrange
11-06-2003, 08:21 AM
Where are you at? Inside the matrix?

orang/blu in LA
11-06-2003, 08:22 AM
No... just sitting at my desk, very over-caffeinated... ;)

BroncoManiac_69
11-06-2003, 12:54 PM
I broke the tie and voted pie.

LMAO.

A poet and didn't know it.

I love cheesecake but it must have cherries or strawberries on top. The chocolate isn't too bad either. Ok now I am hungry.

rascal
11-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by broncogirl69
I think it is a pie .... someone was confussed when they named it lol

It was named by a chef fan.

BroncoManiac_69
11-06-2003, 01:11 PM
This sounds like something from the X-Files.

There is definately a conspiracy here. It is a pie.

LMAO!!

rascal
11-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Ignore this.

Broncofan-13
11-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
no one wants to eat cheesepie...."

LOL

as long as the name doesnt affect the quality, Id still eat it :D

ReasonableChief
11-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Just telling y'all what I found out. I can't vouch for whether or not it is the final answer, but I gave it my best shot.

Damn...I'm hungry again.

orang/blu in LA
11-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
Just telling y'all what I found out. I can't vouch for whether or not it is the final answer, but I gave it my best shot.

Damn...I'm hungry again.

ReasonableChief - you did a great job! :) we all appreciate your effort. And yes, this post makes me hungry everytime i even glance at it! sigh...now i need something sweet pronto....

ReasonableChief
11-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Fortunately, my mom just came up to spend a few days with her grandchildren. And with her, she brought the Holy Grail of all that is good and pure:

Seven Layer Cookies: Graham Crackers, Butter, Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips, Coconut ... and Eagle Brand Condensed milk.

I defy anyone to find anything as delicious with more calories per serving than the Seven Layer cookie.

I take mine with a Diet Pepsi.

dandaman23
11-06-2003, 03:16 PM
It is no doubt a cake. Just like pretty much everyone else has said if it was a pie is would be called cheesepie. Either way I'm eating it!!! Any one know whats better than cheesecake though??? Turtle Pie anyone ever have it?

orang/blu in LA
11-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
Fortunately, my mom just came up to spend a few days with her grandchildren. And with her, she brought the Holy Grail of all that is good and pure:

Seven Layer Cookies: Graham Crackers, Butter, Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips, Coconut ... and Eagle Brand Condensed milk.

I defy anyone to find anything as delicious with more calories per serving than the Seven Layer cookie.

I take mine with a Diet Pepsi.

Oh my! that sounds amazing. i think the Seven Layer Cookies take it. i make an ice cream cake that's yummy too - crushed oreos on the bottom, melted butter sprinkled on that, then a layer of chocolate syrup, a layer of vanilla ice cream, a sprinkling of peanuts, more chocolate syrup on that, and then covered in whip cream with chocolate shavings on top. put it in the freezer and slice it up whenever you need to gain some weight or stay awake for days..... MMMMM. :)

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 05:41 AM
seven layer cookies? Ice cream cake? yer makin me hungry!

Picker
11-07-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
ReasonableChief - you did a great job! :) we all appreciate your effort. And yes, this post makes me hungry everytime i even glance at it! sigh...now i need something sweet pronto....

Orange and Blue is driving to Marina del Rey to go to the Cheesecake Factory there today!

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by dandaman23
It is no doubt a cake. Just like pretty much everyone else has said if it was a pie is would be called cheesepie. Either way I'm eating it!!! Any one know whats better than cheesecake though??? Turtle Pie anyone ever have it?

No i havent, whats in it?

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Picker
Orange and Blue is driving to Marina del Rey to go to the Cheesecake Factory there today!

LOL :) I resisted - but just barely!

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Picker
Orange and Blue is driving to Marina del Rey to go to the Cheesecake Factory there today!

You guys have cheesecake factories near you?! not fair!!!

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
You guys have cheesecake factories near you?! not fair!!!

It's' DANGEROUS. those places are too good. i think the only thing that keeps me away is the fact that you have to wait over an hour to get seated almost every time you go. AN HOUR standing there in front of the cheesecake display.... that's just cruel when you're starving!

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 07:47 AM
wait wait wait. do you get the pie free? or do you have to pay?

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
wait wait wait. do you get the pie free? or do you have to pay?

Oh no, you have to pay for them.... It's just that you have to wait by the hostess stand (or outside) which happens to be alongside this glass display featuring all of their incredible tempting cheesecakes....so you're hungry, waiting for a table, and tortured. :) Is that what you meant? (sorry, it's 6:45 AM where i am, coffee hasn't made me coherent yet)

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
Oh no, you have to pay for them.... It's just that you have to wait by the hostess stand (or outside) which happens to be alongside this glass display featuring all of their incredible tempting cheesecakes....so you're hungry, waiting for a table, and tortured. :) Is that what you meant? (sorry, it's 6:45 AM where i am, coffee hasn't made me coherent yet)

lol early over there, huh?

How much does a pie cost?

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Yeah...way too early... :) You know, i'm not sure how much they are. i've never bought a whole one before. i THINK they're about $20 and up though....but they're also pretty massive, so they could be breakfast lunch and dinner ;)

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 08:02 AM
damiit, now Im craving pie. do they have chocolate cream?

BTW. almost 4 PM here

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
damiit, now Im craving pie. do they have chocolate cream?

BTW. almost 4 PM here

I'm sure they have all sorts of chocolate cheesecakes... YMMMM... Go get yourself a pie! :) I didn't notice you were in Germany until just now. wow.... How did you get into the broncos?

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Im from colorado springsb :D. and there are no good cheesecake places round here!

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
Im from colorado springsb :D. and there are no good cheesecake places round here!

But you're in Germany now?

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 08:23 AM
yea

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 08:27 AM
that's good that you took your love of the broncos with you! must be hard there though - i don't imagine too many games get televised! :) i was in germany when i was 5 years old (gotta love parents who take you around the world when you're a child - knowing you won't remember a thing!)...but we have a german pub around the corner from my house that i go to all the time...great beer! and i actually really like the food too!

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 08:35 AM
lol ive converted a bunch of my german friends into broncos fans, but most of the americans here are either packer or vikes fans, it sucks :P german beer is good, but u get blitzed quick. but, Im old enough to by beer here, so... yay!!

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 08:43 AM
How old are you (if you don't mind me asking)? at what age can you drink there? Glad to hear you're doing what you can to introduce the broncos to the german people! Now i'm thinking i should go to the german bar tonight... Spatten (sp?) could be in order! :) What's your favorite?

(Boy...we've strayed off the cheesecake topic... must bring it back...cake or pie cake or pie...i like cheesecake with strawberries on top...mmmm :))

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 08:58 AM
yes, I do mind you asking!!! just kidding. Im 16, you? my fave is a generic dark beer. VERY strong. yea, we did stray. um, cheescake is good. there.

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 09:00 AM
:)

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
:)

wow, what an answer ;)

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 09:19 AM
LOL. sorry - had to get in the shower - that whole job thing really messes with my time to write... :) better get to work...grr...will dream of cheesecakes from there...;)

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 09:21 AM
have fun atwork!

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
yes, I do mind you asking!!! just kidding. Im 16, you? my fave is a generic dark beer. VERY strong. yea, we did stray. um, cheescake is good. there.

Okay - just read that again...sorry! now i see what you meant (i somehow didn't see you asking how old i was, selective sight maybe? LOL). I'm 29. okay, NOW i'm going to work! :)

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 09:23 AM
again, have fun! ;)

Fraser
11-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Broncofan13 you are such a dude! You were totally hitting on Orang/blue in LA just now.

Glad your trying to convert our German friends into fellow Bronco nuts. Im doing my bit over here aswell. I've been following the Broncs for some time now so I'm getting a few pals on board.

CHEESECAKE IS A CAKE!!!!!!!

orang/blu in LA
11-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Fraser - you gotta admit, my avatar IS sexy! ;) Kidding - obviously- i am a fan, but fortunately not that kind! lol.

And it's great to see so many people in other countries following the broncos! Makes me happy to think if i ever get a vacation i won't be the only bronco "nut" out there... :)

Picker
11-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
Fraser - you gotta admit, my avatar IS sexy! ;)

I admit its a very nice animated gif.

So what was the dessert for lunch today?! Inquiring minds want to know!

Mine was simple a flan with some syrup drizzeled over. Ohh. Now time to think of dinner.

Broncofan-13
11-08-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Fraser
Broncofan13 you are such a dude! You were totally hitting on Orang/blue in LA just now.

CHEESECAKE IS A CAKE!!!!!!!

lol ;)

Return of Lava
11-08-2003, 11:07 AM
tell em, say "age is nothin but two numbers put together (sometimes three)" she might be 13 yearsa older, but in germany, its ok!

Broncofan-13
11-13-2003, 02:27 PM
bump

Broncofan-13
11-13-2003, 02:27 PM
I still want ppls opinions on this. buys me time to come up with my next one.

Zmabe
11-19-2003, 03:55 AM
i just opened this thread and was very suprised at the number of people who said it was a cake. i have always thought it was a pie. oh now im hungery and want cheese....uh......whatever you know what i mean.

Orange&Blue
11-19-2003, 04:05 AM
Seeing the how the word cheesecake contains the two words "cheese" and "cake," your mind automatically divides the word into the two. How do you actually know that whoever invented it came up with the name by putting "cheese" and "cake" together? How do you know that the inventor didn't put "chee" and "secake" together? What's a secake? I don't know.

I'm just kidding! It's late, I've had too much wine, and nobody is around, so I was just having some fun! :D

Broncofan-13
11-19-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Zmabe
i just opened this thread and was very suprised at the number of people who said it was a cake. i have always thought it was a pie. oh now im hungery and want cheese....uh......whatever you know what i mean.

Cmon, zmabe, you know as well as I do that its a pie!!

orang/blu in LA
11-19-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
How do you know that the inventor didn't put "chee" and "secake" together? What's a secake? I don't know.

I'm just kidding! It's late, I've had too much wine, and nobody is around, so I was just having some fun! :D

Interesting question. I happen to be fluent in ancient Bakerian.

"Chee" = is actually a name. Like Bob or Albert, a common name back then.
"Secake" = Fake cake

Legend has it that Chee was an evil man. Hated kids, sunshine and puppies. Anyhow, so he tried to play a joke on his friends by making a pie of cheese and calling it a cake (he even stuck candles in it for someone's birthday, sadistic bastard that he was...) But here's the kicker: They LIKED it! Hence, his fake cake was born! :) (p.s. on a sad note, Chee got really mad that he wasn't receiving any profits from the "cheesecake" sales, so he disappeared into the mountains, never to be seen again...and though some say he went on to invent Bread Pudding, reports cannot be confirmed)

ReasonableChief
11-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
Interesting question. I happen to be fluent in ancient Bakerian.

"Chee" = is actually a name. Like Bob or Albert, a common name back then.
"Secake" = Fake cake

Legend has it that Chee was an evil man. Hated kids, sunshine and puppies. Anyhow, so he tried to play a joke on his friends by making a pie of cheese and calling it a cake (he even stuck candles in it for someone's birthday, sadistic bastard that he was...) But here's the kicker: They LIKED it! Hence, his fake cake was born! :) (p.s. on a sad note, Chee got really mad that he wasn't receiving any profits from the "cheesecake" sales, so he disappeared into the mountains, never to be seen again...and though some say he went on to invent Bread Pudding, reports cannot be confirmed)

Didn't that use to be Brea Dpud Ding (Bree-Duhpud-Ding)?

orang/blu in LA
11-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
Didn't that use to be Brea Dpud Ding (Bree-Duhpud-Ding)?

You are correct! Ancient Bakerian must be getting more popular to study ;)

ReasonableChief
11-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
You are correct! Ancient Bakerian must be getting more popular to study ;)

As a matter of fact, Ancient Bakerian was a required course when I was studying for my B.S. Degree. It's the one course that kept me from graduating Summa *** Laude.:mad:

Orange&Blue
11-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Wow! So it's true. You do learn something new every day!
???
What? :)

Broncofan-13
11-19-2003, 12:38 PM
lol,

okay, I think this thread is living longer than it shoud :D

Hoolah
11-19-2003, 01:10 PM
It's hard to let this thread die when no decision has been reached...we are at 50/50!!! I just need an answer!!. I find it hard to sleep at night. I'm haunted by dancing cheesecakes, laughing at me and mocking my lack of dessert knowledge. :laugh:

Broncofan-13
11-19-2003, 01:28 PM
*gasp* youve seen the damcing pie too?

Picker
11-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Hoolah
It's hard to let this thread die when no decision has been reached...we are at 50/50!!! I just need an answer!!. I find it hard to sleep at night. I'm haunted by dancing cheesecakes, laughing at me and mocking my lack of dessert knowledge. :laugh:

Is it a cake, or a pie! :eek: ;)

Zmabe
11-20-2003, 03:36 AM
i thought it over for about 24 hours, because i have that kind of time, and i have come to the conclusion that cheesecakes are someday going to rise up and take over planet earth.............and pluto.

Reidman
04-12-2006, 12:47 AM
It's a combination of pie topping with cake filling so it's both.