PDA

View Full Version : Home Run Derby Thread

HUMCALC
07-18-2018, 05:47 AM
After watching the Derby this year, I'm convinced that this too was rigged (as much as possible). Bryce Harper cheated in the finals. The rules stated that the next pitch couldn't be thrown, until the previous 1 landed. He hit 9 home runs in 3 minutes, and yet he miraculously hit 10 in the last 60 seconds. If you watch closely, you see that his dad was throwing earlier than he was supposed to, yet only the fans noticed? Come on

DenverBlood
07-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Who cares? It's a HR Derby not the World Series.

HUMCALC
07-18-2018, 06:31 AM
Who cares? It's a HR Derby not the World Series.

Then why did you care enough to read and respond?

Peanut
07-18-2018, 01:48 PM
After watching the Derby this year, I'm convinced that this too was rigged (as much as possible). Bryce Harper cheated in the finals. The rules stated that the next pitch couldn't be thrown, until the previous 1 landed. He hit 9 home runs in 3 minutes, and yet he miraculously hit 10 in the last 60 seconds. If you watch closely, you see that his dad was throwing earlier than he was supposed to, yet only the fans noticed? Come on

Part of me thinks it should be taken away from him. If everyone else played by the rules, he should have to also.

Most of me thinks that rule needs to change. It's mostly for fun. Pitch/hit as fast as you can/want. Harper's dad (and the other pitchers) had some bad throws. Like 4-5 in a row. If they're going to time it, they shouldn't have to wait until the ball lands. But, like most things in sports, what I think doesn't matter. :D

ebsoria
07-20-2018, 07:56 AM
Part of me thinks it should be taken away from him. If everyone else played by the rules, he should have to also.

Most of me thinks that rule needs to change. It's mostly for fun. Pitch/hit as fast as you can/want. Harper's dad (and the other pitchers) had some bad throws. Like 4-5 in a row. If they're going to time it, they shouldn't have to wait until the ball lands. But, like most things in sports, what I think doesn't matter. :D

I agree with you 100% on changing the rules.

Simply put, they cheated.