PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Thread: Kenoy Kennedy

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-09-2005, 10:18 PM
I love Kenoy's intensity!!! He is one of the hardest hitting safeties in football...but...

He and John Lynch are the same players..Denver needs a ball hawking safety...

I feel we should re-sign Kenoy because Lynch wont be around for that long.

I dont know what kind of money he will be asking for but we may regret it if he goes...

Aija
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
kennoy needs to go there's no question about it. Keeping the guy is gonna cost us more than letting Lynch play out the two years that he has left. Goodbye kennoy.. its been real

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-09-2005, 10:20 PM
"Colts recievers are soft..."

And Indianapolis news the next day "Colts recievers scortch the Broncos secondary again."

Get him out of DENVER!

Dream
01-09-2005, 10:21 PM
He didn't do a bad job, and him having a big mouth is no reason to can him.

Rod Smith said if Brett Favre played here, he'd just be another player and Elway would still be a God when you could argue Brett Favre was a better QB, etc.

Should we kick Rod out too?

tuibroncos
01-09-2005, 10:22 PM
i love kennoy i think he is in the atwater mold. WE need him for when lynch retires plus he is good at run support. Keep him

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Get him out of DENVER!

...and if he leaves who plays SS?

and when John Lynch retires, who will bring the big hits?

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-09-2005, 10:24 PM

Who plays SS? DRAFT SOMEONE.

We don't need big hits, we need interceptions and forced fumbles.

Dream
01-09-2005, 10:25 PM

You make a great point, we do have Brandon and Ferguson, but I don't think they're as seasoned as they should be. Kennedy is still a young guy and has a lot of heart, and plus he loves Denver and wants to come back.

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-09-2005, 10:28 PM
You make a great point, we do have Brandon and Ferguson

Ferguson isnt a ball hawk!! hes a smaller Kennedy!!!

Brandon will be gone trust me!! I know people that have talked to him and he doesnt want to be here!

Bring kennedy back and next year draft a safety in the first couple rounds...for now Kenoy is our man!

Elway1983
01-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Does ball hawking mean Roy Williams, Sean Taylor, Brian Dawkins, Troy Palomalu, and Ed Reed. Those guys are ball hawking but they are locked up on their respective teams. Kennoy is a hell of a hitter and a good tackler. :duh:

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-09-2005, 10:33 PM
a ball hawk is...

Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, and Troy P.

Roy and B-Dawk are heavy hittas like Kennedy they arent ball hawks!

ball hawk- a defensive player that always seems to intercept or deflect a ball anywhere on the field

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-09-2005, 10:35 PM
a ball hawk is...

Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, and Troy P.

Roy and B-Dawk are heavy hittas like Kennedy they arent ball hawks!

ball hawk- a defensive player that always seems to intercept or deflect a ball anywhere on the field

Kennedy has like what... 3 INTs in his career? He's not much of a ballhawk.

Elway1983
01-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Don't insult Brian Dawkins coverage skills, he is still the best safety in the league. Ed Reed is quicly catching him, though. :coffee:

kenoyripsit#28
01-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Im sure if you ask most recievers around the league, they would rather have Kenoy playing for them, then against them e.g ask Reggie Wayne or Chris Chambers how they feel about that. Not only will the big hits be missed when he and Lynch go what about the intimidation for recievers to go across the middle. And Kenoy said in a couple of fan questions that he is really trying hard to get more Interceptions and take aways, he also said with Lynch here helps him alot. So i think Kenoy should stay and get all the experience from Lynch and develop into one of the great safties.

Dream
01-09-2005, 10:37 PM

We haven't been able to produce interceptions for a long time; if we had a pass rush, maybe there'd be more to that. Kennedy isn't the guy who is going to get a lot of picks, but he does make big plays. I think it'd be stupid not to re-sign him.

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-09-2005, 10:38 PM

Did i say kenoy was a ball hawk?

B-Dawk is decent in coverage but guys like Reed and Taylor always fly outta nowhere to pick the ball...B-Dawk will take your head off though!

rcsodak
01-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Who plays SS? DRAFT SOMEONE.

We don't need big hits, we need interceptions and forced fumbles.

Holy Crap, batman......we finally AGREE!!!!!!!! :beer:

Poor cover safetys are a liability. Pure and simple. If you want someone that just hits hard, put a linebacker back there.

The safety should be as good as a cb in pass defense. Denver doesn't need two liablities back there.....especially if the D line isn't pressuring the qb.

brom66an6
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I say keep Kennedy because once Lynch retires he can provide the fear to go across the middle. Most of you are forgeting that you need a hard hitting safety to make the WRs be scared to go over the middle. Once Lynch retires then we won't have that if we don't resign Kenoy. And Lynch will probably retire within the next 2 years. If you don't have that presence over the middle then WRs won't be afraid to go across the middle and it will open up more of the field to the offense and the last thing we need is for more field to open up for the passing game.

jazzyjeff
01-09-2005, 11:00 PM
:mad: First order of bissiness, get rid of PLUMMER!!!!! Secondly, if Bailey is afraid to make the hit or go after the ball, he can go too!! Keep Plummer, then Shanny must go!! Although, you on side kick against a strong scoring team in the first half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? Shanny is an idiot!!!!!! Frustration is pouring out, I must quit!!!!!!!!!! Give me a pass rusher please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-09-2005, 11:08 PM
...the verdict says...

KEEP KENNEDY!!!!!!!

Perry1977
01-09-2005, 11:20 PM
LOSE Kennedy, Let Lynch play his natural SS position, and let Ferguson tear it up at FS. I can't believe you guys forgot how well Ferguson was playing for us last year. The Train Wreck and Lynch would be unreal.

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-10-2005, 06:06 PM
I honestly believe Kenoy outplayed Lynch this year...i dont know if you guys noticed but Kenoy made so many great open-field tackles!!!

Bring Kenoy back!

Aija
01-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Hard hitters my ass. Hard hitters get your team mentioned in the media and refs looking to eject your players we need a safety that can pick up the slack for rookie corners and safeties that can allow our cb's to blitz every once in a while.Kennoy is a bum always has been and always will be. Bye kennoy wont miss u at all

urinal_cake
01-10-2005, 06:08 PM
I love Kenoy's intensity!!! He is one of the hardest hitting safeties in football...but...

He and John Lynch are the same players..Denver needs a ball hawking safety...

I feel we should re-sign Kenoy because Lynch wont be around for that long.

I dont know what kind of money he will be asking for but we may regret it if he goes...

If Kenoy's willing to accept that he's going to be a backup SS behind Lynch, then its all good™

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-10-2005, 06:13 PM
What are usmoking?

u do realize that lynch is only signed for 3 years...u thinking any about the future Urine man?

Kenoy is sick!

Bronco D
01-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Holy Crap, batman......we finally AGREE!!!!!!!! :beer:

Poor cover safetys are a liability. Pure and simple. If you want someone that just hits hard, put a linebacker back there.

The safety should be as good as a cb in pass defense. Denver doesn't need two liablities back there.....especially if the D line isn't pressuring the qb.
I agree with this also. We need someone back there to make plays & can cover, make turnovers, etc.

urinal_cake
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
What are usmoking?

u do realize that lynch is only signed for 3 years...u thinking any about the future Urine man?

Kenoy is sick!

You obviously didn't read a word of my post. I understand Lynch only has 2 more years on his contract, which is why I said if he's willing to accept being a backup.... for the timebeing obviously™

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-10-2005, 06:18 PM
I honestly believe Kenoy outplayed Lynch this year...i dont know if you guys noticed but Kenoy made so many great open-field tackles!!!

Bring Kenoy back!

Several things here....

First, there is a lot of propanda in this thread without much actual knowledgable data. I'll offer up some facts.

1) Kenoy Kennedy has been a horrible safety until this year. This year, he played better but was still a liability in coverage. He is a pure run stuffing safety with stone hands.

2) Kenoy will command a decent salary, but he will be by no means the elite safety on the open market. He won't even be the elite run stopping safety on the market, that honor goes to Donovin Darrius of Jacksonville who can play the pass better then Kennedy, but is still basically a run stuffer only.

3) Lynch was a bust this year. Besides a few big hits, he had a horrible year. He only made the Pro Bowl based on popularity, just like when Ken Griffey Jr makes the all star team despite hitting .200 with only 90 at bats. For the money we paid Lynch, his on field production was a sham. Perhaps he was good in the lockerroom, but thats all.

4) Kennedy nor Lynch is the answer at SS. And actually, Nick Ferguson was a helluva ball hawk in his only season we allowed him to start. Look at passes defensed + INTs. That's how you determine a cover safety. He's the best safety on our roster and he's on the bench. Ferguson is by no means a great safety, but he's still the best we have on our roster atm.

5) What we should do is move Herndon to SS and let Ferguson play FS. Herndon might not annhilate people like Lynch does, but he's a GREAT tackler against the run and he certainly brings good coverage skills. You could also man him up against Tight Ends as well, and in our division, that's a key concept. Middlebrooks is another option for SS, but Herndon would be a star at the position.

So, I would let Kennedy walk, he's not worth the money or the gamble he'll play decent again when he's sucked his entire career before this year. Lynch is probably locked up on this team, I would rotate him in with Ferguson on running downs and take Lynch out on passing downs. Just because he is a high character guy and a hard hitter does not mean he is a good safety and should be starting.

GameTime
01-10-2005, 06:30 PM

And Indianapolis news the next day "Colts recievers scortch the Broncos secondary again."

Get him out of DENVER!

it's people like you that need to die.

GameTime
01-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Several things here....

First, there is a lot of propanda in this thread without much actual knowledgable data. I'll offer up some facts.

1) Kenoy Kennedy has been a horrible safety until this year. This year, he played better but was still a liability in coverage. He is a pure run stuffing safety with stone hands.

2) Kenoy will command a decent salary, but he will be by no means the elite safety on the open market. He won't even be the elite run stopping safety on the market, that honor goes to Donovin Darrius of Jacksonville who can play the pass better then Kennedy, but is still basically a run stuffer only.

3) Lynch was a bust this year. Besides a few big hits, he had a horrible year. He only made the Pro Bowl based on popularity, just like when Ken Griffey Jr makes the all star team despite hitting .200 with only 90 at bats. For the money we paid Lynch, his on field production was a sham. Perhaps he was good in the lockerroom, but thats all.

4) Kennedy nor Lynch is the answer at SS. And actually, Nick Ferguson was a helluva ball hawk in his only season we allowed him to start. Look at passes defensed + INTs. That's how you determine a cover safety. He's the best safety on our roster and he's on the bench. Ferguson is by no means a great safety, but he's still the best we have on our roster atm.

5) What we should do is move Herndon to SS and let Ferguson play FS. Herndon might not annhilate people like Lynch does, but he's a GREAT tackler against the run and he certainly brings good coverage skills. You could also man him up against Tight Ends as well, and in our division, that's a key concept. Middlebrooks is another option for SS, but Herndon would be a star at the position.

So, I would let Kennedy walk, he's not worth the money or the gamble he'll play decent again when he's sucked his entire career before this year. Lynch is probably locked up on this team, I would rotate him in with Ferguson on running downs and take Lynch out on passing downs. Just because he is a high character guy and a hard hitter does not mean he is a good safety and should be starting.

If he was as horrible as you are TRYING to make him out to be I don't he would have started consecutive years nor would he be called one of the best young safeties out there. Look at the game and then get a clue.

Or better yet, how about you get on the field with him and see how much he "sucks".

I'm glad the majority of you have a brain. Keeping him would only help not hurt us. He may not be a ball hawk but hell, how many INTS. did we have this year (THAT MATTERED)? Atleast he knows what needs to work on. He's on of our hardest working players on the field, always sacraficing his body. But I guess if you're not making the highlights around here you don't get much respect.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-10-2005, 06:34 PM
If he was as horrible as you are TRYING to make him out to be I don't he would have started consecutive years nor would he be called one of the best young safeties out there. Look at the game and then get a clue.

Or better yet, how about you get on the field with him and see how much he "sucks".

Look up the stats buddy. Best young safety in the game? You're an idiot. I want you to go look up profiles on any number of websites and then look up his stats for the past 4 years. Then TRY and come back and run your pathetic, ignorant little mouth.

Post me some facts idiot, not opinions. F-A-C-T-S. Show me some of his
best young safety" stats. Or show me some quotes where someone "in the know" actually praises him as something other then a pure run stuffing safety.

Thanks, now don't play with the big boys until you get facts to back up your spew.

Oh, and as for the game, he was made to look a fool on several tackles attempts and he certainly didn't provide any coverage when it was needed. So, how about you go look at the game. Please, because it's obvious you didn't pay attention.

GameTime
01-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Look up the stats buddy. Best young safety in the game? You're an idiot. I want you to go look up profiles on any number of websites and then look up his stats for the past 4 years. Then TRY and come back and run your pathetic, ignorant little mouth.

Post me some facts idiot, not opinions. F-A-C-T-S. Show me some of his
best young safety" stats. Or show me some quotes where someone "in the know" actually praises him as something other then a pure run stuffing safety.

Thanks, now don't play with the big boys until you get facts to back up your spew.

Oh, and as for the game, he was made to look a fool on several tackles attempts and he certainly didn't provide any coverage when it was needed. So, how about you go look at the game. Please, because it's obvious you didn't pay attention.

^^Look at this fool.

Let me tell you something about stats, if youu're not Peyton Manning or someone of that caliber, don't come at me with that stats bull****. Because there ain't nobody on the roster (on the D sode) that just has stats that make you're eyes light. Just like a youngster.....judging people by stats.

Get real.

Like I said, you get on the field with him.

You're still sold on that spin that was put on him, he's one of the most surest tacklers we got.

Some of the best up and coming players in the league aren't going to jump out at you on paper. Stats....go to bed.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
^^Look at this fool.

Let me tell you something about stats, if youu're not Peyton Manning or someone of that caliber, don't come at me with that stats bull****. Because there ain't nobody on the roster (on the D sode) that just has stats that make you're eyes light. Just like a youngster.....judging people by stats.

Get real.

Like I said, you get on the field with him.

You're still sold on that spin that was put on him, he's one of the most surest tacklers we got. Stats....go to bed.

Surest tacklers we have? I believe you are going to give people heart attacks from laughter on this forum. EVERY Bronco fan knows he can't tackle, he just runs into you and hits hard, he's never learned to wrap up correctly. Haven't you seen all the highlights over the years, including several this year, showing his failure to tackle?

And as for stats? Stats are everything. Players get paid because of stats. Players make the hall of fame because of stats. And you're saying they don't matter? haha, get real buddy.

Youre a funny little man.

GameTime
01-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Surest tacklers we have? I believe you are going to give people heart attacks from laughter on this forum. EVERY Bronco fan knows he can't tackle, he just runs into you and hits hard, he's never learned to wrap up correctly. Haven't you seen all the highlights over the years, including several this year, showing his failure to tackle?

And as for stats? Stats are everything. Players get paid because of stats. Players make the hall of fame because of stats. And you're saying they don't matter? haha, get real buddy.

Ok.

I've stated my points and you missed all yours.

Players don't start consecutive by not learning basic skills.

Just go to bed man.

I don't think you can have a heart attacking by laughing.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion" whoever was the first to say that must be beting himself in the head.

Siconik
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Im sure if you ask most recievers around the league, they would rather have Kenoy playing for them, then against them e.g ask Reggie Wayne or Chris Chambers how they feel about that...

When asked about that, Reggie Wayne was quoted as saying: "I'd love to comment on Mr. Kennedy, but unfortunately I don't believe I had the pleasure of meeting him or any other Broncos defensive backs."

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok.

I've stated my points and you missed all yours.

Players don't start from not learning how basic skills.

Just go to bed man.

You failed to make any points. Everything you said was factually wrong. You attempted to come into a debate with opinions and flawed logic. I pointed out your failings. I shall go to bed knowing I educated you today. Next time, try harder. Hint, use facts and statistics instead of personal opinions. Nighters!

GameTime
01-10-2005, 06:52 PM
You failed to make any points. Everything you said was factually wrong. You attempted to come into a debate with opinions and flawed logic. I pointed out your failings. I shall go to bed knowing I educated you today. Next time, try harder. Hint, use facts and statistics instead of personal opinions. Nighters!

Um thanks for the advice. :coffee:

Now do as I say, go to bed And don't dream about stats.

I bet you this, if Kenoy is no longer with Broncos next year I BET you it won't be because they didn't want him back. Now what?

BIGD2oo4
01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
the indy game proved it!,our secondary needs overhauled,Kenoy goes and bring in nick!move herndon over as backup,and sign Smoot!if not,maybe Archuletta!?!if not oh well,walls isnt too bad if he's healthy!either way bye,bye Kenoy! :D

Bronco D
01-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Let Fergy take over and give kennoy the boot.. :D

Return of Lava
01-10-2005, 07:12 PM

Kenoy had about 10 TD-saving tackles this year, think about that.

#1 Griffin Fan
01-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Seriously, people.........would you rather have 2 hard hitting safeties starting or ball hawkers cover safeties that make plays?

Return of Lava
01-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Seriously, people.........would you rather have 2 hard hitting safeties starting or ball hawkers cover safeties that make plays?
i'd rather have 2 playmakers cause it seems like every hard hit cost 15 yards and miltiple thousands but ints are free and give us the ball back instantly.

#1 Griffin Fan
01-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Willie played in 12 games, and he had 10 PD..that's pretty good. Maybe consider moving him back to safety.

GameTime
01-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Kenoy had about 10 TD-saving tackles this year, think about that.

Hey that's not in the stats :duh:

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-10-2005, 08:11 PM
it's people like you that need to die.

It's people like you, that need to be banned.

#1 Griffin Fan
01-10-2005, 08:12 PM
You mean one of his 10 saving TDs was the one where Reggie Wayne schooled him week 17?

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Alright, this is what it comes down to... At the safety position... Would you rather have Rodney Harrison or Ed Reed?

I would rather have the playmaker named ED REED!

GameTime
01-10-2005, 08:16 PM
You mean one of his 10 saving TDs was the one where Reggie Wayne schooled him week 17?

Um ya, I've never seen a defensive player get beat for a touchdown off a spin move in my life. That's the first time that has happened in the history of the NFL. There's not one HOF defensive player that ever got beat by a spin move by a great receiver. That has never happened. How must Kenoy feel that he's the first?

Maybe he shouldn't feel anything if knew of all the crying around here.

#1 Griffin Fan
01-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Um ya, I've never seen a defensive player get beat for a touchdown off a spin move in my life. That's the first time that has happened in the history of the NFL. There's not one HOF defensive player that ever got beat by a spin move by a great receiver. That has never happened. How must Kenoy feel that he's the first?

Maybe he shouldn't feel anything if knew of all the crying around here.
All Kenoy had to do was push Wayne out of bounds. Kenoy doesn't make plays. He's slow, and gets beat many times.

GameTime
01-10-2005, 08:37 PM
All Kenoy had to do was push Wayne out of bounds. Kenoy doesn't make plays. He's slow, and gets beat many times.

Yea that's it, push him with your two hands...while he spins on you.

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Yea that's it, push him with your two hands...while he spins on you.

If he's so "physical" he would be able to hit him, and he wouldn't let Wayne ***** him out of his socks.

RunByDesign
01-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Don't insult Brian Dawkins coverage skills, he is still the best safety in the league. Ed Reed is quicly catching him, though. :coffee:

Ed Reed was easily the best safety in the league, this year.

DPotY was his reward.

Dawkins is no doubt good. Not the best, anymore. ;)

Broncoballa2684
01-10-2005, 09:59 PM

bring in a yonger faster saftey!!

Return of Lava
01-11-2005, 09:40 AM
People get off kennedy's back he messed up that play, what about Lynch getting run over by Holmes that allowed that 33 yard TD in the first game of the year? He is also a slow hard hitting safety who only had 1 int just like kennedy,so whats the point, players make mistakes. All i know is they both played well most of the year. and both need to improve from this year.

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-11-2005, 11:23 AM
I definetly don't think lynch played horrible but Kennedy outplayed him...

anyone remember...

When he stripped the Tampa receiver
when he punched the ball out from Jerry Porter right when they were ready to score in the first game.
That pick in the charger game that kelly tipped up and he returned! (should have been a pick!!!)
all the open field tackles he made to keep running backs from going the distance!

We will regret it if we dont bring Kenoy back!

JHoward
01-11-2005, 03:22 PM

Get him out of DENVER!

You can say that again, how can you talk trash and then go out there and get embarrased. Next time keep your mouth shut and do something on the field. Idiot.

Aija
01-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Kennoy has never improved his game. He has never gotten better he has always remained a head hunter and nothing more. the guy is good for nothing but a back up special teams role.

broncosfan9798
01-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Its funny how the people posting on this site forget something, they moved Lynch to SS who is actually a FS so that he and Kennedy could both be on the field. What is all this talk about Ed Reed, he's a killer safety, one who should be on the Broncos instead of Lelie. Face it Bronco Fans our secondary is weak, Middlebrooks is a bust and has been since day one, Walls and Herdon are maybe Nickelbacks, more like Dime backs. Kenoy and Lynch are both run support safties, neither do well in coverage. They could let Kenoy go, move Lynch over to his natural FS spot and get Donovin Darius from the Jags in FA. We also need to draft, or in FA go after some Dline, not the retreads we have on our line. Pryce played in the Colts playoff game a year ago and we still got shredded. He have no pash rush, no starting corner except Champ and 1 starting Saftey, we need some help on the def side of the ball...oh yeah I still think Jake the Jerk Plummer sucks and Shannies "Offensive Mastermind" has hit the wall. fire Shannahan and dump the Jerk too....

Sevenis7
01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Alright, this is what it comes down to... At the safety position... Would you rather have Rodney Harrison or Ed Reed?

Probably the one that helped his team win a Super Bowl! Most of what Reed does is predicated on the fact that the Ravens have a strong pass rush. Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury.

I know it's fashionable to want to have an "Ed Reed" on our team considering the monster year he had. However, I think a lot of you forget we have to face Priest Holmes twice and LaDanian Tomlinson twice EACH year. Who's going to help in run support? Let's not swing the pendulum the other way where we ONLY have cover safeties either. 4 linemen, 4 LBs, 2 CBs and a Rover might work against a team w/no pass attack (eg, Ravens), but teams in AFC West are pretty balanced. We need a run-stopping SS AND a ball hawking FS! Don't throw the baby out w/the bath water.

Some of you have already brought this up, but the issue w/KK is whether we want to address IMMEDIATE needs versus LONG-TERM needs. If KK walks, we have a replacement in Ferguson, one that actually balances our defense better than having two run-stopping safeties like we have now.... BUT, in 2 years we'll be looking at FAs or draft to find a SS. Given our track record, will we find a better one than what we already have in Kennedy?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Let Kennedy walk, let Lynch play out his contract at SS, being replaced with Ferguson on passing downs. Move Herndon or Middlebrooks (who played awesome this year) to FS. Walls is a very good CB when he's healthy. Alexander/LeSeur/Shaote give us depth in the nickel/dime roles, along with Chris Young at safety.

Problem solved.

Herndon brings good cover skills and great tackling ability versus the run to the Free Safety position. Its quite common to move corners over to safety and see success. In our case, this would also be economical and doable with the players currrently on the roster. But, our coaches are so bad with personnel, the thought probally never occured to them, they would rather overpay for some mediocre player as usual most likely.

Sevenis7
01-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Let Kennedy walk, let Lynch play out his contract at SS, being replaced with Ferguson on passing downs. Move Herndon or Middlebrooks (who played awesome this year) to FS. Walls is a very good CB when he's healthy. Alexander/LeSeur/Shaote give us depth in the nickel/dime roles, along with Chris Young at safety.

Problem solved.

BRILLIANT!!! Has the makings of a great secondary + saves us $$!! My only question, though, is what happens in 2 years when Lynch retires? Can we find a better SS than what we already have in Kennedy?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-11-2005, 07:48 PM
BRILLIANT!!! Has the makings of a great secondary + saves us $$!! My only question, though, is what happens in 2 years when Lynch retires? Can we find a better SS than what we already have in Kennedy?

Its pretty easy to find a hard-hitting, run-stopping SS. I'm sure there will be many options when that time comes. Also, LeSeur will likely be developed as a safety, perhaps he will develop into that role.

I would not have signed Lynch, I would have spent the money locking up Hayward or Berry last year. However, I would also not resign Kennedy because he has been a terrible safety up until this year in which he was merely average. I dont think it will be hard to replace kennedy or lynch. The next SS may not hit as hard as they do, because the one thing they do is clobber people, but it won't be hard to find a better overall safety.

superchop
01-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Let him go and address the d-line

brom66an6
01-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm happy the coaches and GM make these decisions because some of you don't think about long term at all. (no offense meant towards anyone)

kenoyripsit#28
01-11-2005, 10:00 PM
If you people are saying Shanny should cut Kenoy because he was getting burned, i guess Champ will be cut aswell, LOL u idiots Kenoy got burned by Reggie Wayne once in that game, I think the whole of the USA saw Champ on national television get burned 3 times in the one game by Chad Johnson not to mention Champ getting burned again by Joey Porter on sunday night football,in both games where we should have won, Cincy and The Raiders, not to mention the Radiers who were playing away from home and in the snow, Im not bashing Champ im just saying even the best make mistakes. Kenoy must stay!

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-11-2005, 10:15 PM
If you people are saying Shanny should cut Kenoy because he was getting burned, i guess Champ will be cut aswell, LOL u idiots Kenoy got burned by Reggie Wayne once in that game, I think the whole of the USA saw Champ on national television get burned 3 times in the one game by Chad Johnson not to mention Champ getting burned again by Joey Porter on sunday night football,in both games where we should have won, Cincy and The Raiders, not to mention the Radiers who were playing away from home and in the snow, Im not bashing Champ im just saying even the best make mistakes. Kenoy must stay!

Why must he stay?

Tell me what he has done besides gotten into trouble with the media about his big cheap hits...

Personally, i'm tired of big devastating hits, I don't mind them here and there, but I would much rather have a playmaker, rather that a heavy hitter.

Kenoy hasn't done anything more than what any other safety can do.

Ohio Broncos
01-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Tough decision, but I say let him go. Lynch's signing makes it very difficult to keep Kennedy when we have a high quality safety (Furgeson) sitting on the bench. Put in The Train Wreck and watch him tear it up like he did for us last year.

puredenfan
01-11-2005, 10:24 PM

we need help on our d line then maybe we wont have to blitz lynch every time to get penetration i love kennedy but letting him to go to maybe lockup reggie might be a good move

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Personally, i'm tired of big devastating hits, I don't mind them here and there, but I would much rather have a playmaker, rather that a heavy hitter.

u are tired of those hits yet you are glorifying one in your sig? :huh:

anyway...Kenoy has played great this year...lock Kenoy up or we'll regret it!

Johnny Law Man
01-11-2005, 11:49 PM
As much as I enjoy watching Kennedy for his hitting prowess, keeping him is not practical. We already have Lynch inked to a multi-year deal, like it or not. I have to believe that we need a Safety with coverage skills. Anyone disagree? 2 Linebackers in the secondary are 1 too many.

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-11-2005, 11:53 PM
John Lynch is not young and only has 2 years remaining on his contract...i say re-sign Kenoy and begin rotating Lynch with Ferguson...Shanahan already too kthis appraoch a couple times this year...i think Kenoy will be back.

brom66an6
01-11-2005, 11:55 PM
John Lynch is not young and only has 2 years remaining on his contract...i say re-sign Kenoy and begin rotating Lynch with Ferguson...Shanahan already too kthis appraoch a couple times this year...i think Kenoy will be back.

That would work well, it is nice to see someone (other than me) was able to get over the spin move.

Johnny Law Man
01-11-2005, 11:59 PM

Lynch gets paid an awful lot to ride the bench for 2 years. With that logic, trade him for a mid-round pick and retain Kenoy....then there's the cap hit!
or
Keep Lynch as a starter along with Ferguson, let Kenoy go and draft one mid round for 2 years from now.

AlWilsonOwnsU
01-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Lynch gets paid an awful lot to ride the bench for 2 years. With that logic, trade him for a mid-round pick and retain Kenoy....then there's the cap hit!

No one would trade anything for Lynch! You cant just magicly draft a decent SS! I guess it all comes down to what kind of cash Kenoy wants...if he is looking for crazy numbers let him walk.

BTW...let this thread die i am starting a new one with a poll!! this is becoming a serious topic here.

JRWIZ
01-12-2005, 12:16 AM
From what I remember of KK , watching him get beat deep on more than one occasion. The most recent was the first game in INDY this year on their second score. Had he tried to TACKLE the WR instead of hit him out of bounds, the score would not have happened.

He relies on crushing hits to bring down runners opposed to tackling them. He has cost us lots of extra yards and several scores. After they bounced away and kept on truckin.

Unless he'll work for minor money, let him walk and try to draft a FS in th 2 or 5 fifth round. Rookies are always better values.

kenoyripsit#28
01-12-2005, 02:24 AM
I can't understand why Shanny would let Kenoy go for any other reason than money. Ferguson has been warming the bench this whole season if Kenoy does go, we will then have to sit and watch Ferguson adjust back to the speed of the game, i know he is a saftey but he will also have to adjust to the rule changes. If a guy who relies on crushing tackles to bring players down and he makes 90 tackles in a season 3rd on the team i think im gonna take the guy who makes the receivers fear going across the middle and with the help of Lynch he can flurish into a great saftey.

Return of Lava
01-13-2005, 10:15 AM

Problem solved.

Herndon brings good cover skills and great tackling ability versus the run to the Free Safety position. Its quite common to move corners over to safety and see success. In our case, this would also be economical and doable with the players currrently on the roster. But, our coaches are so bad with personnel, the thought probally never occured to them, they would rather overpay for some mediocre player as usual most likely.
I think Middlebrooks SHOULD be a safety, he isnt good as a CB he has no quickness. Walls and Herndon are good CB's for #2 and 3. Chris Young is probably our safety of the future, he looked real solid in preseason, so once Lynch retires I'd expect to see Young starting. Herndon wont be a free safety. If Sam Brandon is still around, i think he could emerge as a godo FS cause of his size and speed, he just needs to get the mental part of his game down.

Bulldawg
01-13-2005, 10:20 AM
i for one would defenitley keep John Lynch instead of Kennoy Kennedy

Johnny Law Man
01-13-2005, 10:27 AM
It would be folly to keep both Kennedy and Lynch considering their similarities. This is a money issue. I agree with Lava in that we would be better off developing a player like Middlebrooks at the position or in my opinion, taking a chance with a mid-round pick. Kenoy is a proven player who will expect to get paid more than we want to pay him. We are already doing that with Lynch for the forseeable future (2 years). Except, John Lynch has great leadership quality as a league veteran. We just can't keep them both.

superchop
01-14-2005, 10:01 AM
For the dollars and cents of it, and unfortunately this is what it all boils down to, I think with Ferguson and Middlebrooks (switching to safety) we would be fine. I base my opinion on the financial committment made to Lynch, not because I think KK isn't talented, only so much you can do. The big hit is fine as a deterrent, but there were many instances where the ball was tipped and the safety could have made the pick if he weren't so fixated on tattooing the receiver, keep one eye on the prize safeties, we need the ball.