PDA

View Full Version : trading for mid round picks in the draft

BroncoStampede
01-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Since Denver lost its middle round picks this year do you think any players will be on the trading block to either move up or get additional picks?

The Dark Knight
01-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Since Denver lost its middle round picks this year do you think any players will be on the trading block to either move up or get additional picks?

I don't know maybe. Maybe we'll trade Droughns for picks. We always draft RB's. We'll have to let a couple go I'm sure.

Bulldawg
01-13-2005, 10:23 AM
i hope we dont trade Droughns

Broncobill
01-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Everyone keeps talkng about trading Droughns, he is a free agent. Why would anyone trade for him when all they have to do is sign him? He has no trade value. I think Griffen has a year left on his contract, but his value prob is not too good after the fumbles and the injury. It usually takes 2 years to really be the same sfter that injury.

What about trading back, pick up another 2nd and a 3rd for our first?
I hope we don't end up after day one with only to draftees.

dbdom
01-13-2005, 10:30 AM
i hope we trade droughns
we need a pick and he can probably render a fourth, maybe third rounder
we already got tatum bell who should be the starter next year, when he is healthy, mike andersen is back, we should be fine

Johnny Law Man
01-13-2005, 10:48 AM
I remeber hearing something about trading Mike Anderson to Miami for Ogunleye earlier this season. It's a shame that we never got that done; considering that Mike was out all year and we desperately need DL. We definately need more picks. I can't see keeping Griffin. Droughns is a FA this year. If we do re-sign him we will end up paying him too much. Bell should definately get a shot at starter. Miree is more of a FB as is Sapp. We have Kyle Johnson as starter there. That kind of leaves Mike Anderson the odd man out or Bell's back-up. I would like to see us draft a RB in the late rounds to keep the tradition alive. If nothing else it will give us depth at a low-salary.

West
01-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Why trade droughns? because we could get much needed picks out of him...bell could do just as good next year in his place or even better...yes droughns is good but he was just a back in the system...see we understand that but other teams dont...

just look at CP he had 3.9 ypc and thats 1.6 down from the past 2 years here...yes it is gibbs pounding running style but i thought CP was "the greatest" NO HES NOT hes just another back in the system

plummerdaman
01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I dont think we should trade Droughns. Hes earned himself a spot on the team he should get to keep it. Droughns also has way more experience then Bell. Plus no team would want him. Hes exactly like Olandis Gary, a system runner.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-13-2005, 11:19 PM
i would rather trade Griffin and move Reuben back to fullback. Our RB's would be Bell and Anderson (who if you all forgot looked very good in preseason last year before his injury and could make a run as the starter) and our FB's would be Droughns and K. Johnson/Cecil Sapp, with these five guys there are many possibilities of what we can do, mixing and matching wise. Miree is gone, Griffin is gone IMO

OrangeShadow
01-14-2005, 06:24 AM
Id rather trade reub for a 1st maybe high second round pick move kyle johnson to fullback and start bell.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-14-2005, 09:49 AM
You really think we could get a 1st round pick out of him?
Corey Dillon only got a 2nd round pick

Broncobill
01-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Please... name one free agent that has been traded???? No one will give anything for Droughns, all they need to do is sign him to a contract. We will either sign him and keep him( meaning no one else wants him that bad ) or let someone else sign him. Again no one trades for unrestricted free agents.

OrangeShadow
01-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Teams tend to put more stock that is justed into backs that are coming off 1200+ yard seasons and are young.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-17-2005, 02:05 PM
can someone show me proof that he is a FA???
because he is not... he has two years on his contract (if i remember right), all this signing talk came from someone talking about how he might hold out