PDA

View Full Version : Will we take a RUNNING BACK in this years draft or....

GIVEME6
01-13-2005, 09:59 PM
will this be the first year in Shanahan's tenure that we don't select one? We have a logjam at RB, and we are loaded with talent so I doubt we pick one in the draft or get an UDFA like Cecil Sapp was in 2003. What do you guys think??

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-13-2005, 10:00 PM
If he does, not till the second day.

GIVEME6
01-13-2005, 10:03 PM
With Bell, Droughns, Anderson, Sapp, and Griffin, we really don't need to waste a pick or clutter the roster with an undrafted FA RB. I'd rather see us stock our roster with some DTs and DEs and see what they can do.

daBIGDog
01-13-2005, 10:04 PM
I hope we don't because a.) we don't need one and wont for a few years and b.) there are far more important areas for us right now

JRWIZ
01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Does a big black bear take a dump in the woods?
Who ever posted this needs to think about his history!
Mikey will always have extra RB's at least going into Training camp, he has stated on more than one occassion that you can never have to many LB's RB's and DB's going into camp.

You have seen how many of each of those that have been hurt or on IR this year!

GIVEME6
01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
I know his history, but we are LOADED at RB and we are *****ty when it comes to our D-line.

rcsodak
01-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Isn't the main idea of the draft, other than filling needs, to get the 'best' available?
If that reasoning is true, and it's been proven that way for some time now, then I don't see why this year would be any different.
If there is a young rb that shows something that Shanny likes, and is the 'best' available at the time, then WHAM!

Besides, we lost Q, Hearst, Anderson,Johnson and Miree to injuries this year, leaving the team with Bell, Sapp, Rueben and Beaird.
Would YOU feel lucky going into a season with those four only, if the others for some reason can't go? :eek:

GIVEME6
01-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't feel comfortable with just those four. No. But I think drafting a rb when we could address major needs is silly. If anything, we can pick up an UDFA and get him cheap. I want to see the first 3 rounds go for a DT/DE/LB.

Fitzchivalry
01-14-2005, 12:04 AM
He probably will but we don't need one. Def. line is what we need. Maybe a QB.

bleedbluorange
01-14-2005, 01:04 AM
I am 100% sure that Shanny gets a running back. He will draft one and trade one and also release one. Shanny is always tweaking the back field. He wont draft one before the fifth round though

Snk16
01-14-2005, 05:24 AM
Probably, with the injuries we have just had in the past year, Shanny will be scared and pick a RB in the later rounds. Like the 5th-7th round. Probably not the earlier rounds. In the earlier rounds expect a DLman or a WR or TE or something. Most likely for the DLine.

OrangeShadow
01-14-2005, 06:07 AM
I doubt it maybe with one of our last picks

West
01-14-2005, 06:11 AM
definitley...over mikes history he has choosen at least 1 back in every draft....

I look for Bobby Purify (CU) to be choosen...i think he has the frame of TD (6'1 210) i think he is an ideal back for our system with great power and TD type speed

Purify's 40 time might now be that great but when he gets into the open he just has that pull away speed like TD used to have

Uula Bear
01-14-2005, 06:50 AM
How can we be the running back factory if we don't pick a running back??? I aggree with some of you, we'll prob take one on the second day, we've got much more voids to fill with the early picks.

Favretto
01-14-2005, 06:58 AM
I doubt we pick one with our day one picks. Maybe a day 2 pick! We have far more important things to think about.---a DE would be the first thing i picked! We also need to draft a kicker--Baker is brutal! We need to draft an O lineman also. This line is aging!

TXBRONC
01-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Jr reminded me in another thread something Shanahan said about runningbacks. You can never have enough of them. I would be surprised if he didn't take a back somewhere in the draft. That being said, its important for him to draft some defensive linemen especially DTs if any good ones are available.

AZBobalu
01-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Whatever we think that he will do, Shanny will do the complete opposite, as I really think that he somehow believes all of that mastermind hype is true. You know that everyone else watching, coaching, or playing in the nfl is stupid and only Shanny knows all of the winning secrets. Everyone's talkin D-Lineman, receivers/TE's, and watch-he'll use a number 1 to trade for somebody or a lower pick. When the smoke clears, everybody will be scratching their heads, going who is that guy (being the player Shanny selects). Don't be surprised if you see a RB, or a kicker, or whatever taken by him this year with a high pick just to remind everyone in Broncoland that Shanny is the bronco coaching god and no one else knows anything. Kind of reminds you of the last years of Dan Reeves reign, doesn't it?

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-14-2005, 10:08 AM
you are mike shanahan huh? or are you just trying to get a date with him? Shanahan isn't gonna pull off some BS this year when the whole media has him on the hot seat, depending on how FA goes expect him to draft D-Line, Safety, and/or trade down with the first two picks. As far as a running back goes I like some of the guys coming out this year but we dont have that many picks, Shanahan will address his needs (DL, P, OL, TE, DB) I think before he goes out and drafts a running back.

Dream
01-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I believe we'll use a fourth rounder on a running back picking up somone like Lionel Gates or KJ Harris if they're available, they're borderline 3rd-4th round material.

I expect us to pick one up.

JoRo
01-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Well get a 6-7 round guy whos sorta big but can play either........then if we have a full roster at rb we can shift this guy either to ps or to fullback for the time being..........

TXBRONC
01-15-2005, 02:10 PM
you are mike shanahan huh? or are you just trying to get a date with him? Shanahan isn't gonna pull off some BS this year when the whole media has him on the hot seat, depending on how FA goes expect him to draft D-Line, Safety, and/or trade down with the first two picks. As far as a running back goes I like some of the guys coming out this year but we dont have that many picks, Shanahan will address his needs (DL, P, OL, TE, DB) I think before he goes out and drafts a running back.

There is always a first, but the odds of him drafting a runningback are very high considering his drafting history.