PDA

View Full Version : Are the Seagulls tired of Holmgren???

Uula Bear
01-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Where does everyone stand on the Holmgren situation in Seattle. I think he'll be out of there, but who would they get to replace him??? Maybe they just take away his Excecutive VP of football operations duties. Is a division title and one & done reason enough to keep him, or were expectations too high?

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-14-2005, 07:27 AM
I think people had a right to have high expectatiosn for the team...
as you say however, who would they get to replace him? Perhaps the best thing to do is take away some of his duties..

Uula Bear
01-14-2005, 07:41 AM
I think people had a right to have high expectatiosn for the team...
as you say however, who would they get to replace him? Perhaps the best thing to do is take away some of his duties..

yeah, I think he's a decent coach...one of my Seagull buddies wants him gone. He says he's overrated. I told him you can't go to two straight superbowls, winning one of them, without being a great coach. Nomatter how talented your team is, you gotta have a smart coach to make it.

urinal_cake
01-14-2005, 09:33 AM
They could always bring back Dennis Erickson :duh:

Seriously. Their problem is kinda similar to ours... too many dropped passes on offense & no pass rush on defense. If holmgren can solve those issues, I doubt there would be so much heat on the coach™

SCI03
01-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I think Seattle has a very similar situation to Denver. However in Denver's case I think Mr. Shanahan should go, but Holmgren should stay. Seattle has a much younger team, witrh a lot of uncertainty with FA. If they sign most of their guys, Then they can build on the system in place and realistically get better by adding a few pcs to the D. Holmgren can finish what he started, at least for one more year.

In Denvers case, I think they have far more downside than upside. and the team for the most part needs a major overhaul. Mr. Shanahan will try to put FA pcs in place for the next few years for immediate results, but as years passed just have them slightly better than mediocrity. By then the copre players will be to old to make a rtun. So Blow it up now, so maybe in 3 or 4 yerars we can compete for a SB.

Uula Bear
01-14-2005, 02:07 PM
I think Seattle has a very similar situation to Denver. However in Denver's case I think Mr. Shanahan should go, but Holmgren should stay. Seattle has a much younger team, witrh a lot of uncertainty with FA. If they sign most of their guys, Then they can build on the system in place and realistically get better by adding a few pcs to the D. Holmgren can finish what he started, at least for one more year.

In Denvers case, I think they have far more downside than upside. and the team for the most part needs a major overhaul. Mr. Shanahan will try to put FA pcs in place for the next few years for immediate results, but as years passed just have them slightly better than mediocrity. By then the copre players will be to old to make a rtun. So Blow it up now, so maybe in 3 or 4 yerars we can compete for a SB.

I don't think blowing it up now is the answer, I seriously think we can make a run next year, we just gotta keep everyone healthy...I know people getting injured is no excuse for losing, but for some reason our D-fence guys couldn't step up when there number was called. If we could get a great passrush and keep our secondary healthy, of course we'll need to stop turning the ball over *cough*Jake*cough*.

Yeah, Holmgren has got his work cut out for him over there in Seattle.

urinal_cake
01-14-2005, 03:33 PM

If they have a bad year next year, I'd say definitely start over. But keep a nucleus of our younger talent like Bell, Lelie, Wilson, Bailey, Williams & Hayward.™