PDA

View Full Version : Number 1 FA we should go for?

JoRo
01-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Who do you think it is? there are quite a few i think we need to take a look at.......... Chris Hovan will be gone an he could help us if he doesnt totally bite.............. Abraham, Howard all will be out there too i belive.........

West
01-15-2005, 09:57 AM
John Abraham would be a HUGE PICK UP! 3 things have to happen...we resign hayward, we have to have enough space to get him, and we move pryce back to DT so our Dline would look like this....Reggie Hayward, Monstanto Pope, Trevor Pryce, and John Abraham

Awesome huh?

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-15-2005, 10:20 AM
When he's on his game, Abraham is nasty!
However, he's been a lil injury prone over the last two years...over the last two years, he's seen playing time in 17 of 33 games (including last weeks playoff game).

West
01-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Its a chance im willing to take to get us some pass rush :)

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-15-2005, 10:47 AM
We have no money to sign any outside FAs, let alone our own. Sorry to burst your bubble folks, but this offseason will be very very quiet except for when we lose Heyward.

TXBRONC
01-15-2005, 10:47 AM
John Abraham would be a HUGE PICK UP! 3 things have to happen...we resign hayward, we have to have enough space to get him, and we move pryce back to DT so our Dline would look like this....Reggie Hayward, Monstanto Pope, Trevor Pryce, and John Abraham

Awesome huh?

That's just it West right now we don't have the cap space and not really sure that even with restructuring of contracts that Denver will be able to make enough cap room especially if Denver is able to resign Hayward.

West
01-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes but the word around Denver right now is Dan Neil might be cut so we can make some signs and possibly a big signee like Abraham

scar988
01-15-2005, 10:49 AM
I think you should go out and pick up Abraham or someone like that...

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-15-2005, 11:45 AM
ABRAHAM WOULD BE KILLA!

We should also go after a decent WR, like Plaxico Burress.

West
01-15-2005, 11:53 AM
NO WAY we can get burress and abraham :duh:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Yes but the word around Denver right now is Dan Neil might be cut so we can make some signs and possibly a big signee like Abraham

If Dan Neil is cut, his salary would be used to sign a number of our FAs, such as Putzier, Leach, Hamilton, Carlisle. But that money won't go very far. Some of it will also be needed to cover Jake's roster bonus.

There is no money folks. There will not be a FA signee.

West
01-15-2005, 01:43 PM
you might be hopeful for abrahams signing...but i am :beer:

TXBRONC
01-15-2005, 01:49 PM
If Dan Neil is cut, his salary would be used to sign a number of our FAs, such as Putzier, Leach, Hamilton, Carlisle. But that money won't go very far. Some of it will also be needed to cover Jake's roster bonus.

There is no money folks. There will not be a FA signee.

That is just not an absolute. Denver wont be in the market for a high profile player like Abraham, but a mid level player is not out of reach. I haven't been able to find the article I'm looking for but I fairly certain that Putzier was give a new contract somewhere during camp. From what I read the two most important FAs to resign are Hamilton and Kennedy. Hayward is doubtful but not necessarily impossible. It just depends what he'll take and what Denver is willing to offer.

bleedbluorange
01-15-2005, 03:31 PM
That is just not an absolute. Denver wont be in the market for a high profile player like Abraham, but a mid level player is not out of reach. I haven't been able to find the article I'm looking for but I fairly certain that Putzier was give a new contract somewhere during camp. From what I read the two most important FAs to resign are Hamilton and Kennedy. Hayward is doubtful but not necessarily impossible. It just depends what he'll take and what Denver is willing to offer.
I say it all the time. The problem with the broncs front office is they wait to long to lock guys up. Gold and Berry are examples. We could have locked them up earlier and cheaper. Same with Hayward and Kennedy. They should have signed them way before they get on the market. Now it's to late. Kennedy and Hayward will cost to much.

How much better will the defense have been if we had Berry this year?

TXBRONC
01-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I say it all the time. The problem with the broncs front office is they wait to long to lock guys up. Gold and Berry are examples. We could have locked them up earlier and cheaper. Same with Hayward and Kennedy. They should have signed them way before they get on the market. Now it's to late. Kennedy and Hayward will cost to much.

How much better will the defense have been if we had Berry this year?

I think Broncos were content to let Berry go anyway Btw from what I remember Berry seemed intent on trying the open market and wasn't really interested in staying. Gold on the other hand they did offer him a fair contract the way I understand it. But Poston's are his agent so they got it in Gold's head that he was worth twice as much even though he was coming off a serious leg injury. If you get chance go and see what Gold did for the Bucs he an average year at best and imo it was subpar.

Although nothing in this League is a sure thing until you sign on the dotted line, but hear that Kennedy will be a priority to resign. I also have a hunch that Kennedy will be more affordable than some people might think. As for Hayward, we might be able to resign him but I realize its a long shot at best.

broncofan1970
01-15-2005, 07:50 PM
I think Broncos were content to let Berry go anyway Btw from what I remember Berry seemed intent on trying the open market and wasn't really interested in staying. Gold on the other hand they did offer him a fair contract the way I understand it. But Poston's are his agent so they got it in Gold's head that he was worth twice as much even though he was coming off a serious leg injury. If you get chance go and see what Gold did for the Bucs he an average year at best and imo it was subpar.

Although nothing in this League is a sure thing until you sign on the dotted line, but hear that Kennedy will be a priority to resign. I also have a hunch that Kennedy will be more affordable than some people might think. As for Hayward, we might be able to resign him but I realize its a long shot at best.

IF WHAT I HEARD WAS RIGHT THE CARDNALS FRONT LOADED BERRY'S CONTRACT SO MUCH THAT DENVER COULDN'T MATCH IT.

JoRo
01-15-2005, 07:58 PM
IF WHAT I HEARD WAS RIGHT THE CARDNALS FRONT LOADED BERRY'S CONTRACT SO MUCH THAT DENVER COULDN'T MATCH IT.

How did u "HEAR" it?