PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Mock Draft=WTF are they smoking??

GIVEME6
01-15-2005, 10:33 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3320986

I realize this is an early mock draft, but even so, predicting that we would take Ronnie Brown with our first pick is ludicrous.

Perry1977
01-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Ha!! That is pretty stupid.

broncosfan247
01-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I really wonder if there is some sarcasm in their pick there. lol. But us picking a running back in the first round? Whoever made this mock draft really needs to find a job they know something about.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-15-2005, 10:44 AM
That is a horrific mock draft.

TheCanuckBronco
01-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Why would we need a running back when we have a lineup four or 5 people long??

and how do they see Leinart going 7th (if he even does cause i heard he wont be in this year) when the teams with the top 4 picks all have QB issues??

We need a d-liner and anybody with eyes or a brain knows this

West
01-15-2005, 10:45 AM
hahaha that made me chuckle...I mean bell was the highest back Shanny has ever taken in the draft at 41 in the second with Portis behind him at 51

Jake0416
01-15-2005, 12:42 PM

I realize this is an early mock draft, but even so, predicting that we would take Ronnie Brown with our first pick is ludicrous.

This guy musy have missed the memo: we need help on the defensive line!

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-15-2005, 12:58 PM
your all definitely right...RB is obviously not what we need..
that being said though, I don't think someone like ronnie brown drops down to our spot (not positive, but this is what i believe)...if he does drop down to our spot, i think it becomes very tempting, regardless of our trouble spots, because the kid is just that good.
AGain, im not saying we should pick him, or that we will, but you gotta remember, while coaches draft to fill weak spots, they also often draft the best available player depending on the circumstances, and that's the only way i see us actually picking brown..he falls to us, the dt's and de's we were interested in get drafted prior to our spot, and we're left to take the best available...even then though, it's hard to imagine us picking a RB when we might go after a TE or WR or a DB if the guys we want are gone when we pick.

Sam_Z
01-15-2005, 01:49 PM

:laugh: that is ludicrous, shanny can find quality RBs in latter rounds, although Ronnie Brown is a good player!

bleedbluorange
01-15-2005, 03:36 PM
:laugh: that is ludicrous, shanny can find quality RBs in latter rounds, although Ronnie Brown is a good player!This guy is silly. We passed on Stephen Jackson in the draft( the best back next to bell in the draft)

Orange&BlueHeat
01-15-2005, 07:59 PM
It's always been Shanny's policy to draft the best player available, regardless of position. I see no reason why this draft would be any different. He uses free agency and trades to fill need spots, NOT the draft. This draft is deep in D linemen, so we could very easily go that way with our first pick, but don't be surprised if we don't.