PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-17-2005, 04:03 PM
We can get DL in the second and via Trade etc... if Alex Smith is there when we pick 25th i say we pick him up, IMO this guy is a big time quarterback from a small school but he has skills, good passer, running threat, good decision maker, he is Plummer but better.

All it took for the steelers was Rothlisberger and I think Alex Smith put in the right situation is this kind of guy... But how many teams turned around like the steelers did this when they drafted a DE?

Other QB's I like (in order) are A. McPherson, C. Frye, and D. Orlovorsky, any others you guys think should be mentioned?

We need a QB for the simple fact that even though Shanny said Jake's the guy, he at least needs some healthy competition to let him know if he ****s up like he did this year there is someone breathing down his neck ready to play.

plus the DE talent in the 2nd round will be almost just as good as it was when we pick in the 1st

What do you guys think?

vicious2500
01-18-2005, 09:11 AM
If we pick a QB in the 1st round we deserve to have a losing season next year. PLummers in here for the next 5 or so years so get used to holding your breathe. If we forgo the D-line again it will be pathetic.

BroncoStampede
01-18-2005, 09:16 AM
If we pick a QB in the 1st round we deserve to have a losing season next year. PLummers in here for the next 5 or so years so get used to holding your breathe. If we forgo the D-line again it will be pathetic.

i agree. I dont necessarily want Plummer for the next 5 years, but whats done is done.

If we draft a qb now in the first round its a wasted pick because D line is a serious weakness. We need someone who can step in and contribute, like DJ Williams did this year.

If Shanny forgets about the D line this offseason our record wont be pretty.

vicious2500
01-18-2005, 09:44 AM
i agree. I dont necessarily want Plummer for the next 5 years, but whats done is done.

If we draft a qb now in the first round its a wasted pick because D line is a serious weakness. We need someone who can step in and contribute, like DJ Williams did this year.

If Shanny forgets about the D line this offseason our record wont be pretty.

Plummer isn't that bad, but he's not one of the elite QB's. I want to see him run the ball more then throwing it up there for grabs. We know he has the mobility and that's why we brought him in here, but trading into the top 3 for a QB would be stupid if we went that far up we might as well snag Mike Williams or the best D-linemen after combines.

EddyMac87
01-18-2005, 01:57 PM
we dont have to worry about this, because alex smith will be a top 10-15 pick...

24zone
01-22-2005, 07:32 PM
I think Alex is the best prospect in the draft, Aaron Rodgers second. I agree that going for a qb early doesn't make the best sense. DL/OL is the way to go.

nickmeyer
01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=Dub-DeuceKnight]We can get DL in the second and via Trade etc... if Alex Smith is there when we pick 25th i say we pick him up, IMO this guy is a big time quarterback from a small school but he has skills, good passer, running threat, good decision maker, he is Plummer but better.

All it took for the steelers was Rothlisberger and I think Alex Smith put in the right situation is this kind of guy... But how many teams turned around like the steelers did this when they drafted a DE?

Other QB's I like (in order) are A. McPherson, C. Frye, and D. Orlovorsky, any others you guys think should be mentioned?

We need a QB for the simple fact that even though Shanny said Jake's the guy, he at least needs some healthy competition to let him know if he ****s up like he did this year there is someone breathing down his neck ready to play.

Alex Smith will no way in this world be there when we pick to many teams like the 49ers and the Cardinals need a QB, and now that Leihnhart is staying at USC Smith's stock just shut right to the top 5 picked.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-24-2005, 07:26 PM
I agree now leinart is gone so is smith

nickmeyer
01-24-2005, 07:45 PM
I agree now leinart is gone so is smith

Along with any other legit QB :ugh:

dbdom
01-25-2005, 02:51 AM
if we draft QB in the first ill barf
we HAVE to get DL first, and its a good draft for DL, plenty of lineman in the first/second round quality, and this is a weak QB draft, if we really were looking for a QB of the future, which we dont even need now we got j.plummer, we would do it next year since next year has a deep QB draft

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-26-2005, 10:21 PM
its a good draft for DL, plenty of lineman in the first/second round quality, and this is a weak QB draft, if we really were looking for a QB of the future, which we dont even need now we got j.plummer, we would do it next year since next year has a deep QB draft
Are you on mushrooms because you must be trippin!
This isn't 2004! It's 2005
Give me 5 good DT prospects in this years draft (not kidding either, you better respond) and give me another 5 DE's (that should be a little easier because there is some talent there) and once you do that I will give you 10 good QB prospects. TEN!!! thats one to one prospect ratio but you have two positions and I have one.

And about the 2006 QB draft class, all the good juniors (except for Leinarts dumbasss) have declared, so if you don't mind please also throw me some 2006 QB prospects if you can.

JoRo
01-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Hawthrone
SPears
Both codys
erasmus james
thas five.......... and i dont even watch college ball.........

besides wut would be the point in grabbin a qb in the firs half of day if hell sit for up to 5 seasons?

ttejuco
01-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Jason Cambell, 2nd round.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-31-2005, 06:09 PM
Hawthrone
besides wut would be the point in grabbin a qb in the firs half of day if hell sit for up to 5 seasons?
Because plummer is not the answer, he is the problem.

JRWIZ
02-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Because plummer is not the answer, he is the problem.

Take a cheap shot and not back it up.

Why is he the problem?

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-03-2005, 06:06 PM
here we go again...
I was thinking about it recently and do people really think with the other teams out there and with the team we have, do we really think we can win the Superbowl with Plummer? I think that if there is one position you can get to go from pretender to contender it is QB, look at the steelers, the falcons, the eagles, the patriots. so maybe this is the preoblem i have with Plummer I don't have the faith in him to take us to the superbowl and win.
I get this from the fact that when he makes the kind of mistakes he makes against good teams they are able to capitalize on them.