PDA

View Full Version : nflcountdown mock

PRBronco
01-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey, this guy updated his mock, I think it's one of the better mock sites around:

NFL Draft Countdown Mock (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html)

I would be stoked if this is how the draft goes. Marcus Spears would be wicked, and even thoug he has us taking Jason Campbell in the second (which is a dumb thing to do), look at some of the ones after him, if we had a shot at any of these guys i'd doing backflips: Alex Smith (from stanford), chris canty, mike patterson or josh bullocks. That would be a very nice day for us, don't you think?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-17-2005, 06:53 PM
I think Marcus Spears is a realistic semi-reach for us in round 1, but some of his other picks seem off to me. Probably the best early mock I've seen so far though. But that's not saying much.

PRBronco
01-17-2005, 06:57 PM
I've got to admit, i was surprised by the results, I've kind of narrowed it down to 7 decent defensive line prospects for round 1, and i thought it wasn't out of the question to see them all gone by the time our pick came around.

JoRo
01-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Was Jason White really as bad is it seems? or is he not goin out for draft or wut? i havent even seen him on some of these sites

PRBronco
01-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Jason white the OU quarterback? Yeah, I don't think he's even considered a top 15 quarterback. I think there's just too many questions about his size, his complete lack of knee ligaments, and i think arm strength is an issue, i'm trying to remember what i read about him. I know they always say he's a "field general" and sounds like a hell of a leader, but skillwise he comes up short. His bad showing in bowl games doesn't help either i dont think.

rcsodak
01-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Put him on a team with a big O line, and good receivers, he'd do fine. Not many have the touch on long passes that he does.
Plus 2 years out from surgery, he should do fine.
I'd imagine him going rounds 5-7......

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Jason white the OU quarterback? Yeah, I don't think he's even considered a top 15 quarterback. I think there's just too many questions about his size, his complete lack of knee ligaments, and i think arm strength is an issue, i'm trying to remember what i read about him. I know they always say he's a "field general" and sounds like a hell of a leader, but skillwise he comes up short. His bad showing in bowl games doesn't help either i dont think.
He might be top 15...he'll prob. go in the late rounds, but i would think he's a perennial back-up....he's been succesful playing for very talented teams at oklahoma...the talent gap isn't so large at the nfl level.

Supreme_D###
01-18-2005, 08:26 AM
In the second round they have us drafting a QB, Jason Campbell from Auburn. I would be happy but also surprised if Shanny does this than draft something else.

JoRo
01-18-2005, 02:07 PM
In the second round they have us drafting a QB, Jason Campbell from Auburn. I would be happy but also surprised if Shanny does this than draft something else.

I dont see us draft a qb that early if at all, for one we got two qbs las year, kanell is gonna be gone he cant hit the broadside of a barn. As for white i think chiefs would do good with him, they have the line........ (i mean by pickin him late round) plus green is gettin old........ an they need a leader to take over quickly an with white i think they would have a year rebuildin an we could have another rival back up (would make it chargers an chiefs if chargers are bright an keep brees..........which i doubt for more than this year but.....) I think second round we be takin a second d linemen........ if not prolly an o line, i think well be takin another lb in this draft though, spragan an sykes arent quick enough for us an if we got a late round pick that could fill in quickly.........:D good thing for us................

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-18-2005, 03:32 PM
JASON CAMPBELL AND MARCUS SPEARS?!

HELL YES!!!

:rockon:

EddyMac87
01-18-2005, 03:35 PM
I love the spears pick...however i have a very hard time beiliving that shanny would draft a QB after constantly defending jake...

JoRo
01-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I love the spears pick...however i have a very hard time beiliving that shanny would draft a QB after constantly defending jake...

Same here........... i think well be a gettin o line.............

bornbroncofan
01-19-2005, 01:24 PM
I don't know I really like Campbell and jake isn't going to last forever and if we can get a talented guy to start learning the system now I don't think it would be a bad idea.

EddyMac87
01-19-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't know I really like Campbell and jake isn't going to last forever and if we can get a talented guy to start learning the system now I don't think it would be a bad idea.
jake should have 4 or 5 years left....but im not quite sure...how old is plummer???

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Campbell would be great... i bet he has a good combine and might not be there... He fits the system we have very well with a good balance of pass vs. run. Every time I watched an Auburn game this year the announcers would always rave about this guy.

He might be a big bust though too, the early years of his career were not so great if i remember correctly.

Jared
01-19-2005, 10:20 PM
jake should have 4 or 5 years left....but im not quite sure...how old is plummer???

29? 30 tops?

ScottyB
01-21-2005, 03:56 PM
What do you guys think of Adrian McPherson, afl QB 6-4 big time arm and 4.5 in the fourty..... also was Mr. Basket Ball and Football in Florida... has been in some trouble, gambling I think..... I think he would be a great late round pick up. A serious player and risk

PRBronco
01-21-2005, 04:56 PM
There was a good article at rockymountainnews.com about mcpherson actually, my dave krieger sometime in december, he said we should get mcpherson, to be our future QB. I think he's pretty blacklisted, but it sounds like he has absolutely sick skills. What did he do other than the gambling incident? Seriously, there's alot worse things you could do than that.

ScottyB
01-21-2005, 05:12 PM
I've personally never watched McPherson play but he does indeed sound sick. I would rather see the Broncos pick up McPherson in a later round instead of wasting a 2nd rounder on Campbell. Nothing against Campbell I just think in the 2nd there will still be alot of talent floating around, especially at saftey or on the line.

Javalon
01-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Yep, I think he's way off thinking we'll spend our 2nd rounder on a QB. I can see us going several directions but I wouldn't mind defensive linemen with our top 2 or 3 picks. That's our weakest area on defense and it's aging. We could really use an infusion of both youth and talent.

Of course, free agency can change that outlook in a hurry. Man, I wish this season would hurry up and end so we can get closer to next season. :)

TXBRONC
01-22-2005, 06:56 PM
29? 30 tops?

Plummer turned thirty sometime in December.

ScottyB
01-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Check out Robert McCurre/Louisville- 6-1, 245, 4.42 40, "Amazing speed for position, great size very strong he is a playmaker, productive and has tons of potential..... He has served in the national gaurd and is a work out warrior... On the flip sice, comes in to the league as a 26 year old rookie. With that kind of speed and strength he could play several different positions.... I wouldn't mind spending a 4rounder on this guy.

ScottyB
01-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Rovert McCurre is a ILB

PRBronco
01-25-2005, 08:02 PM
That guy looks awesome! Drop 10 or 20 pounds and he could be a wicked safety.

bleedbluorange
01-25-2005, 08:39 PM
I like Spears and Campbell for the picks. However, you know shanny aint goin that way in the second round.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-25-2005, 09:07 PM
I like Spears and Campbell for the picks. However, you know shanny aint goin that way in the second round.

I dunno, I wouldn't put anything past Shanahan. Usually his drafts make little sense. He usually takes a good player, and one you can at least understand what he's trying to do, but he normally passes on a better player at a greater position of need. He baffles me with his talent evaluation.

I've learned to expect that whatever we should do in the draft, we won't. We always seem to draft for lesser needs.

So, using our 1st two picks on the offensive line is probably what he'll do. /sigh

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-26-2005, 10:12 PM
I think after the Combine McPherson's stock is going to shoot up. If we got a QB in the second it would probably be him... but who knows? i really dont think he will last past the 1st day, he is under the radar right now but once Mel Kiper and all these other Draft Experts start going gaga over him like some of us are he will be a hot commodity