PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan's Offseason strategy

BroncoStampede
01-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Will Shanahan be aggressive this offseason like he was last year with the trades?? Will Shanny be aggressive with free agents??
I mean after a second straight blowout loss to the Colts something will probably happen.

Will Shanny be aggressive or will he sit back and wait for the draft??

Feel free to speculate.

JoRo
01-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Will Shanahan be aggressive this offseason like he was last year with the trades?? Will Shanny be aggressive with free agents??
I mean after a second straight blowout loss to the Colts something will probably happen.

Will Shanny be aggressive or will he sit back and wait for the draft??

Feel free to speculate.

We have a lot stricter cap salary this year though :(

EddyMac87
01-18-2005, 03:23 PM
1st thing to do...Fire Larry Coyer, and make a run at miami interm head coach jim bates for D cordinator.....

Re signing/contracts

have to re sign hayward...
if we don't, its the same story with bert berry last offseason...somehow find a wa to get hayward a back loaded long term contract....

kenoy kennedy--
Not a huge need to re sign him, but i'd like to see him back...but if hes asking too much, let him walk...hes not worth it...hes defenitly in the bottom half of saftys when it comes to covering deep...like MoFo_JoRo said...we dont have much breathing room when it comes to salary cap...so...we can't sign him for anything more then hes already getting...

Ben Hamilton--
I beileve its either him or dan neil...he might not have the money for both, and cooper did a great job replacing the ijured neil this year...

Dan Neil--
His contract isnt up, i dont think, but he's certainly not worth what hes getting paid now...i don't think we'll see him next year...

trevor pryce--
trev will be taking up 8.57 mil of cap space next year, and no one can make the case for him, that hes actually worth that. I love pryce as much as any bronco fan...he has to be able to atleast cut that number in half...

Jake plummer--
No doubt our QB next year, and im fine with that...but it would be much better for him if he took a huge pay cut this offseason...for a number of reasons...obviously so we can get some new talent here, and also so he can earn a little respect from the bronco nation...
---------------------------------
DRAFTING/TRADING

Droughns--
rumor going around that rueben will be traded, and i would have no problem with that as long as mike anderson is completely healthly next season...we need some mid round picks also after losing our 3rd rounder...

Drafting--1st round
We all know we need DL in the first round...i'm personally very high on david pollack, he may be small...but thats what we need...a small pass rusher dwight freeney type DE..

2nd round--
depending on who is available i'd like to see us go with WR or DB here...Fred Gibson from GA would be a nice pick here....

late 2nd round/3rd round..(depending on reub trade)--
I think we have to start going OG in these mid round picks...

4th round--
DB or WR...which ever one not picked in the 2nd round...

5th-7th rounds--

WE NEED A PUNTER HERE...
maybe another corner...and a RB...just cause it wouldnt be the same without drafting a RB...

:D

:beer: