PDA

View Full Version : David Pollock

bry422
01-18-2005, 01:32 PM
What do our resident college experts think of David? Too small, too light?

I know he plays DE and Denver needs DT's, but my gut tells me that passing on him will be a mistake. He seems to be exactly the type of player Bellichek would plug into his system. A lunch pail, blue collar, playmaking type of player. Exactly what Denver is short on (blue collar).

I just see this guy making plays. He's disruptive. He plays on the other line of the scrimmage, and his motor doesn't stop. Wait till everyone passes on him due to his height. Then check back in Week 10 next season when CBS pre-game airs a special on him because he leads the AFC in sacks and FF's.

I write all this assuming he is going to slide.......which is what I keep reading by the draft "experts" on the 'net.

24zone
01-22-2005, 07:35 PM
I agree. Just having a motor should turn on light bulbs in some heads...but he has backed it up statisticaly. David, Roth, or Cody seem to be in that mold.

scar988
01-22-2005, 10:52 PM
as a GA resident and a fan of Pollacks's yearly Punching bag the Georgia Tech YEllow Jackets... I say he is worthy of a top 15 pick... and if he isn;t give him to the Falcons...

Sam_Z
01-24-2005, 09:32 PM
What do our resident college experts think of David? Too small, too light?

I know he plays DE and Denver needs DT's, but my gut tells me that passing on him will be a mistake. He seems to be exactly the type of player Bellichek would plug into his system. A lunch pail, blue collar, playmaking type of player. Exactly what Denver is short on (blue collar).

I just see this guy making plays. He's disruptive. He plays on the other line of the scrimmage, and his motor doesn't stop. Wait till everyone passes on him due to his height. Then check back in Week 10 next season when CBS pre-game airs a special on him because he leads the AFC in sacks and FF's.

I write all this assuming he is going to slide.......which is what I keep reading by the draft "experts" on the 'net.
Good call, plus the same was said about Dwight Freeney. But at the same time he could end up another Corey Moore, that guy had 18 sack for VT back in 99, drafted the same year as Mick Vick but was never heard from again!

wizkid31
01-24-2005, 10:27 PM
I think that pollack would be a perfect fit for the broncos Defensive scheme, he reminds me a lot of jason taylor, fast and has the potential to make a ton of sacks!!!

PRBronco
01-24-2005, 10:35 PM
Actually pollack seems like the exact opposite of taylor doesnt he? he's short and stocky, and while he's not slow, he's not a speed rusher like taylor. Taylor lines up wide and just jets around the corner before the tackle can get out there, pollack just fights and claws into the endzone. Don't get me wrong, i think pollack is wicked.

dbdom
01-25-2005, 02:26 AM
if pollack falls to us, he could be an option but at the moment its looking like marcus spears and roth will also fall to us, maybe shaun cody, hopefully we can pick the guy we want