PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or does this year's draft class kinda suck compared to last years?

Perry1977
01-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Let me make it clear that I don't follow College ball at all. Only in rare cases do I know anything about a college player when they enter the draft. I knew who Eli Manning was, I knew who Kellen Winslow, Jr. was....but beyond that prettymuch everyone was new to me.

This year, about the only players I know of are White from OU, and Mark Clayton from OU, and I know Eric Ainge but don't think he's being drafted...

Regardless, from my perspective it seems like there is generally less of a sense of hype going into this year's draft. Is there something to that, or is it my own misconception about things?

Just a little help here, from someone who knows their stuff is all I ask. :D

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Nah, this years draft class kicks ass.

rcsodak
01-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Nah, this years draft class kicks ass.

...but only in certain areas.....

You won't see top players in every position, like other years.....

JoRo
01-19-2005, 06:58 AM
...but only in certain areas.....

You won't see top players in every position, like other years.....

Luckily for us, its strong in Dl, Cb (if we want one later on..............with herndon an walls goin prolly.........) we have some guards for us if we wanna capitalize on that........................ or some Tes......................an a qb or two to throw in dere.............. an then some rbs later on, not alot of Wrs like lasyear tho, but thats ok we no need one

The Dark Knight
01-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Let me make it clear that I don't follow College ball at all. Only in rare cases do I know anything about a college player when they enter the draft. I knew who Eli Manning was, I knew who Kellen Winslow, Jr. was....but beyond that prettymuch everyone was new to me.

This year, about the only players I know of are White from OU, and Mark Clayton from OU, and I know Eric Ainge but don't think he's being drafted...

Regardless, from my perspective it seems like there is generally less of a sense of hype going into this year's draft. Is there something to that, or is it my own misconception about things?

Just a little help here, from someone who knows their stuff is all I ask. :D

I agree. This is a chode year.

JoRo
01-19-2005, 07:32 AM
I agree. This is a chode year.

How is it a bad year though? I see quite a bit of good guys comin into nfl right now............

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Last year's draft was much deeper. Of course every draft will have it's big stars, but this year doesn't have as many as last year...

The Dark Knight
01-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Last year's draft was much deeper. Of course every draft will have it's big stars, but this year doesn't have as many as last year...

There was just a crapload of storylines last year too. Winslow, Manning, Mike Williams, that Ohio State guy, Rivers ect ect

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-19-2005, 10:25 PM
just wait til the 2006 and 2007 drafts thats when the major talent will be there.

there are a lot of good QB's, and RB's in this years draft from what I have looked and I know for a fact the DT class sucks.

OrangeShadow
01-20-2005, 11:11 AM
With each draft year in and year out some positions are going to be deeper. Last year the draft was loaded with wrs. this year its d lineman.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-20-2005, 12:05 PM
With each draft year in and year out some positions are going to be deeper. Last year the draft was loaded with wrs. this year its d lineman.

I wouldn't say that at all. There are absolutely zero DTs in this draft other then the top 1-2. This might be the worst DT draft in the history of the NFL.

There aren't ANY top tier DEs. There are about 6 possible superstar DEs, but they are all FAR from a sure thing like last year.

This is without a doubt, the weakest and shallowist draft I've ever seen. Even the QB prospects are weak in comparison to most years. This is just a bad, bad draft.

TXBRONC
01-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't say that at all. There are absolutely zero DTs in this draft other then the top 1-2. This might be the worst DT draft in the history of the NFL.

There aren't ANY top tier DEs. There are about 6 possible superstar DEs, but they are all FAR from a sure thing like last year.

This is without a doubt, the weakest and shallowist draft I've ever seen. Even the QB prospects are weak in comparison to most years. This is just a bad, bad draft.

This may very well be shallow, but maybe part of the reason it looks so bad is because lasts years was one of the deepest in NFL history to date. So by comparison it looks really bad.