PDA

View Full Version : Jason Campbell

Sam_Z
01-24-2005, 06:27 PM
NFL draftcountdown.com has Denver taking QB Jason Campbell in the second round.
htt://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html

I dont think that'll happen but this guy doesnt look too bad as a NFL QB at 6-5 223lbs. good scrammbler 4.7speed in the 40, magnificant arm for the NFL! Could be gem in the latter rounds

An even better pick for Denver if they had a 3rd rounder would be QB Andrew Walter. 6/5 235lbs. easily throws the football over 80 yards. During his 4 year colligate career he passed for 10,617 yards 85 TDs to just 36 INTs in 4 years. completed over 55% of his passes he capped his senior season, throwing for 3,150 yards, 30 touchdowns, 9 INTs While completing over 60% of his passes.

Typical Pocket passer, doesnt have much mobilty, needs to work on his accuracy but he can burn the football to any WRs within 70yards.

Not much different than Jake Plummer seeing that they both need to work on their accuracy, but that upside for Walters is that he stand 6/5 and seems to know the game very well and reads defenses great, he said in an interview last year. "I always throw 5 to 10 yards in front of my WR so he can run into the football and make the catch and depending on which side the DBs are I always throw to my WRs opposite shoulder trying always to avoid a turnover"! If Denver was gonna draft any QB in later rounds I say this is they guy!
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/12sports/gifs/0903walter.jpg

Dream
01-24-2005, 07:18 PM

I dont think that'll happen but this guy doesnt look too bad as a NFL QB at 6-5 223lbs. good scrammbler 4.7yards in the 40, magnificant arm for the NFL! Could be gem in the latter rounds

An even better pick for Denver if they had a 3rd rounder would be QB Andrew Walter. 6/5 235lbs. easily throws the football over 80 yards. During his 4 year colligate career he passed for 10,617 yards 85 TDs to just 36 INTs in 4 years. completed over 55% of his passes he capped his senior season, throwing for 3,150 yards, 30 touchdowns, 9 INTs While completing over 60% of his passes.

Typical Pocket passer, doesnt have much mobilty, needs to work on his accuracy but he can burn the football to any WRs within 70yards.

Not much different than Jake Plummer seeing that they both need to work on their accuracy, but that upside for Walters is that he stand 6/5 and seems to know the game very well and reads defenses great, he said in an interview last year. "I always throw 5 to 10 yards in front of my WR so he can run into the football and make the catch and depending on which side the DBs are I always throw to my WRs opposite shoulder trying always to avoid a turnover"! If Denver was gonna draft any QB in later rounds I say this is they guy!

I'd rather give a shot at Campbell over Andrew Walter, he was easily first round material if it wasn't his devistating shoulder injury. He might not even make it to the combine so his stock will probably go down significantly. Campbell is a good player, he has to work on a few things but if we had an extra second or third rounder, I wouldn't mind seeing us pick him!

West
01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
NO NO NO bring up his stats for his first three years at Auburn in a Denver style offense and then bring up his last year at auburn in a west coast style offense...

SEE THE DIFFERENCE? :duh:

PRBronco
01-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah, i like campbell's skills, but he seems extremely bust-ish, like, he was terrible right up until this year. Feel free to bring this back up and throw it in my face if he's the next donovan mcnabb though.

Sam_Z
01-24-2005, 09:07 PM
I'd rather give a shot at Campbell over Andrew Walter, he was easily first round material if it wasn't his devistating shoulder injury. He might not even make it to the combine so his stock will probably go down significantly. Campbell is a good player, he has to work on a few things but if we had an extra second or third rounder, I wouldn't mind seeing us pick him!

I dont know to much about Campbell, Id have to do more research and see game film of him but I still like Walters coming off the bench incase Plummer were to go down, atleast more than Kanel at this point!

West
01-25-2005, 05:54 AM
PT he isnt that good its just he has a potent rushing attack and can do play action and can throw short to the WRs

now if you want a Denver Style QB we need to get CHARLIE FRYE AKRON NUFF SAID

BroncoStampede
01-25-2005, 09:42 AM
What about Jason White in the later rounds??? I dont think he is a projected 1st or 2nd rounder is he???

West
01-25-2005, 01:39 PM
White is a QB that was looked good with his great receivers around him...i think 5 of his main receivers all had 30 catches...Brandon Jones, Mark Clayton, Travis Wilson, Mark Bradley and Will Peoples

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Yes, Jason White was a product of the system..
Part of me kinda of thinks the same about Jason Campbell, however, another part of me really likes this guy.
Walter could be a good one, but that injury is had leaves question marks.

Orton should also be a good one, but not sure if he'll be around with our second pick..
Orlovsky and Frye would seem to be the best options we have picking a qb in the 2nd or 3rd.

West
01-25-2005, 01:50 PM
yes that is correct about White just look at the Qbs before him...Josh Heupel...6th Round 'Phins...never made the team

Nate Hybl NOT EVEN DRAFTED....Jason White will be a poor selection of any team in the draft IF anyone does pick him

TXBRONC
01-25-2005, 02:11 PM
yes that is correct about White just look at the Qbs before him...Josh Heupel...6th Round 'Phins...never made the team

Nate Hybl NOT EVEN DRAFTED....Jason White will be a poor selection of any team in the draft IF anyone does pick him

I think White will get drafted but he wont in first three rounds. Maybe not even on the first day but he will more than likely get drafted at least in part because he did win the Heisman and led his team to two National Championship games.

DenverBaller
01-25-2005, 02:50 PM

I dont think that'll happen but this guy doesnt look too bad as a NFL QB at 6-5 223lbs. good scrammbler 4.7speed in the 40, magnificant arm for the NFL! Could be gem in the latter rounds

Andrew Walter is horrible... My sister goes to Arizona State and I have gone out for a lot of games..He can throw the deep ball but is rarely accurate.... Arizona State would have been a BCS team if they had their back up Keller playing the whole season... Walter plays in the pac-10 where a defense other than USC is rare.... Walter would be a horrible pick... Orlovsky is where we should go.

BlueDevilsDB
01-26-2005, 06:40 PM
I was very impressed with Jason Campbell the times I've seen him this year. Great arm, pretty mobile. Another QB I wouldn't mind drafting is David Greene.

Dream
01-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, honestly -- we need a quarterback for the future, Van Pelt and Mauck just aren't it.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, honestly -- we need a quarterback for the future, Van Pelt and Mauck just aren't it.

Mauck has everything you look for in a QB, he's agile, has a stong arm, plus he's extremely intelligent. It's the general consensus of GMs and scouts around the NFL that the Broncos' got a huge steal in Mauck and he probably is the QB of the future when Plummer is finished.

That gives Mauck 3-4 years of development and backup duty. Personally, he reminds me of Tom Brady in terms of his attitude and ability, let alone draft similarities. I'm fine with banking the future of the franchise on Mauck, I think he's at least got as good a shot at being a star as any QB in this draft.

I'm not sold on a single QB. None are very impressive, and most are system QBs.

The only thing this draft has going for it is RBs, LBs, DEs, and OGs. And that is all I would draft on day 1.

And that punter from Tennessee. He seems to be the best prospect since Lechler.

Dream
01-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Mauck has everything you look for in a QB, he's agile, has a stong arm, plus he's extremely intelligent. It's the general consensus of GMs and scouts around the NFL that the Broncos' got a huge steal in Mauck and he probably is the QB of the future when Plummer is finished.

That gives Mauck 3-4 years of development and backup duty. Personally, he reminds me of Tom Brady in terms of his attitude and ability, let alone draft similarities. I'm fine with banking the future of the franchise on Mauck, I think he's at least got as good a shot at being a star as any QB in this draft.

I understand about Mauck, but he's old -- he'll be 26 next year which is pretty old for a two year guy.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-26-2005, 10:01 PM

Mauck is old, from his interviews its sounds like his heart isn't in the game (he would rather be a dentist) IMO he is a good back up at best but I really cant see him being the next franchise QB.

As for 2005 QB draft prospects I have to DISAGREE 100%
you probably just dont know any because there are too many to remember but thats ok i will refresh your memory...

Aaron Rodgers, Cal, Jr.
Alex Smith, Utah Jr.
Charlie Frye, Akron
Andrew Walter, Arizona St.
Dan Orlovsky, UConn
Gino Guidugli, Cincinatti
Jason Campbell, Auburn
Adrian McPherson, Ex-Florida St.
Kyle Orton, Purdue
Stefan LeFors, Louisville
Bryan Randall, Va Tech
Derek Anderson, Oregon St.
David Greene, Georgia

There are more prospects but all of these had tremendous College careers and have lots of potential, Alos i have heard Chris Rix might be in the Draft but I was not entirely sure.

ChiefSurgeon
01-27-2005, 11:04 AM
NO NO NO bring up his stats for his first three years at Auburn in a Denver style offense and then bring up his last year at auburn in a west coast style offense...

SEE THE DIFFERENCE? :duh:

Auburn never ran a Denver style offense. More importantly his last year proved how good he could be with a good offensive coordinator. Under Kubiak and Shan this kid would learn and work hard.

West
01-27-2005, 04:51 PM
he thrived in a west coast offense...we're not a west coast offense...theres a difference

TXBRONC
01-27-2005, 05:01 PM
he thrived in a west coast offense...we're not a west coast offense...theres a difference

Yeah we run a variation of the WCO West.

ttejuco
01-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Jason Cambell is good, if you watched the Senior Bowl, he performed well and possible rose up his draft stock. I know you cant base all his talent on one game, but he sure can play QB.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Jason Cambell is good, if you watched the Senior Bowl, he performed well and possible rose up his draft stock. I know you cant base all his talent on one game, but he sure can play QB.

He did look good, but that was a westcoast offense again (in the senior bowl) and everyone knows he can run that.

He has talent but he has to go to a team that utilizes that type of offense, such as ourselves for instance, to be a factor in the pros.

He looks like a late first, early second round pick IF a westcoast style team is looking for a QB to develop.

ttejuco
01-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Well the Broncos use the West Coast Offence, AND have always utilized the bootleg and the athletic QB, so IMO he would be a good fit for the system.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Well the Broncos use the West Coast Offence, AND have always utilized the bootleg and the athletic QB, so IMO he would be a good fit for the system.

I won't argue that. He won't be around by our second pick, and we certainly can't affored to use a first on him with our D-line in shambles.

ttejuco
01-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, its too bad, i mean the Broncos QB situation aint exactly the greatest right now either.

bailey24shutdwn
02-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I saw Auburn games this whole year and the game i was most impresed was the game agains champ bailey's college UG. it was 3rd and long i think it was 25 or something, less than a minute to go he scrambled out of what was nearly a sack for a lost of 10 and threw up a very accurate pass to his TE i forgot his name but it was a gain on 35. From that moment i knew he was a great fit, come on anybody really is a great fit when you compare them to jake "im known for throwing INTS" plummer. Also Auburn had a runnig game like Denver which helped him develop and we will help him develop into a Donovan McNabb type of QB and he does have the potential to do it.

OhNoKoolAid
02-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Using a second round pick on Campbell ignores more important problems than what Denver has right now. If a quarterback stays healthy, the number two guy would see zero time. Even if say, Champ Bailey stays 100% healthy, the guy behind him will still see significant playing time. The second round should be used for either depth on the lines or an potential impact sleeper on defense.

If you want to groom a quarterback, here are two players with comparible skill to Campbell that could be had in the last three rounds.

Walter Washington, Temple. Aaron Brooks type who has solid measurables and the desire to compete.

Adrian McPherson, AFL. Gambling problem is major black eye, but he has the best skill set of any quarterback in this draft. Best talent, upside, questionable intangibles. Worth a pick in the 5th Sup. or 6th round.

Campbell had one good year in an oversimplified west coast offense, his numbers came off his recievers' yac, not his decision making or deep accuracy.

ttejuco
02-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Using a second round pick on Campbell ignores more important problems than what Denver has right now. If a quarterback stays healthy, the number two guy would see zero time. Even if say, Champ Bailey stays 100% healthy, the guy behind him will still see significant playing time. The second round should be used for either depth on the lines or an potential impact sleeper on defense.

If you want to groom a quarterback, here are two players with comparible skill to Campbell that could be had in the last three rounds.

Walter Washington, Temple. Aaron Brooks type who has solid measurables and the desire to compete.

Adrian McPherson, AFL. Gambling problem is major black eye, but he has the best skill set of any quarterback in this draft. Best talent, upside, questionable intangibles. Worth a pick in the 5th Sup. or 6th round.

Campbell had one good year in an oversimplified west coast offense, his numbers came off his recievers' yac, not his decision making or deep accuracy.

You know, the Broncos dont run the most complex offence either. Shanny had to simplify it for Plummer so he wouldnt create so many turnovers.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-09-2005, 09:28 PM
You know, the Broncos dont run the most complex offence either. Shanny had to simplify it for Plummer so he wouldnt create so many turnovers.
Well that sure sorked out didn't it??? I dind't know Shanny simplified the offense for Plummer, now i hate him even more. Maybe all we need is a smart Q who can run an offense, I know everyone always brings this guy up but he was the last QB to do good in our system...

Brian Griese was very smart... no no just kidding, he did have that one good year though.

Seriously though John Elway was a genius, I think Shanahan's system was engineered to him and now it has changed a litttle bit but John knew how to run an offense

Adrian Mcpherson will not make it to the 5th, He will easily be picked on day 1, I bet you he has a great combine, personally i would pick him over Jason Campbell

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-10-2005, 12:05 AM
I actually prefer Griese to Plummer. Call me nuts, but I think Griese is an outstanding QB who just had a really nutty year in Denver and Shanahan gave up on him. So, he goes to Tampa, sets the Bucs all time QB rating record, becomes like the 5th highest rated QB in the NFL, and had a great TD/INT ratio, something Plummer did not. But, since I'm refraining from debating Plummer for this offseason, I'll end it there.

dbdom
02-10-2005, 04:29 AM
personally i think its a pretty weak draft for QB's this year, next year you'll have a pretty deep class, but with aaron rodgers being touted as a #1 pick, that kind of says it all, hes a good QB but he wouldnt be anywhere near #1 if he came out next year

OhNoKoolAid
02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
personally i think its a pretty weak draft for QB's this year, next year you'll have a pretty deep class, but with aaron rodgers being touted as a #1 pick, that kind of says it all, hes a good QB but he wouldnt be anywhere near #1 if he came out next year

I couldn't agree more. Had Rodgers or Smith been in last year's draft, they would have been rated and drafted around the J.P. Losman area, nowhere near the big three.

If you want a quarterback in this year's draft, you stand as good a chance with a 6th or 7th rounder this year as you do with a 2nd or 3rd. It isn't a strong QB class by any means.

bleedbluorange
02-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Jason Campbell should be our second round pick if he's on the board. Believe it or not he will push Plummer. He may be what this team needs for the future. We have taken worse chances. So this isnt out the realm of possibility.

TXBRONC
02-11-2005, 12:49 PM
I couldn't agree more. Had Rodgers or Smith been in last year's draft, they would have been rated and drafted around the J.P. Losman area, nowhere near the big three.

If you want a quarterback in this year's draft, you stand as good a chance with a 6th or 7th rounder this year as you do with a 2nd or 3rd. It isn't a strong QB class by any means.

I think that's true of just about in draft throughout the history of the NFL. The Bengals on two other occasion prior to drafting Carson Palmer blew number one picks on qbs.

TXBRONC
02-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Jason Campbell should be our second round pick if he's on the board. Believe it or not he will push Plummer. He may be what this team needs for the future. We have taken worse chances. So this isnt out the realm of possibility.

Why do think the Broncos should draft Campbell BBO? Just curious.

Comrade
02-11-2005, 01:30 PM

The only thing this draft has going for it is RBs, LBs, DEs, and OGs. And that is all I would draft on day 1.

And that punter from Tennessee. He seems to be the best prospect since Lechler.

Mauck was 25 this past season...add 3-4 years until he takes over the job and we are starting a 28-29 year old as our "future" QB...

I dont mean to rag on the man but if he is "extremely intelligent"..why was he a 25 yr old rookie?...did he attend 1-3 extra years of college because his education required it?

ttejuco
02-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Mauck was 25 this past season...add 3-4 years until he takes over the job and we are starting a 28-29 year old as our "future" QB...

I dont mean to rag on the man but if he is "extremely intelligent"..why was he a 25 yr old rookie?...did he attend 1-3 extra years of college because his education required it?

I totally agree, he is way too old of a prospect already. I mean there are cases were a QB took a while to develop and it payed off i.e. Kurt Warner or Trent Green, but those guys are in their 30's and wont last as long. The Broncos need a long term quality QB.

TXBRONC
02-12-2005, 11:51 AM
I totally agree, he is way too old of a prospect already. I mean there are cases were a QB took a while to develop and it payed off i.e. Kurt Warner or Trent Green, but those guys are in their 30's and wont last as long. The Broncos need a long term quality QB.

Really? Kurt Warner was already 30 years old when became the starting qb of Rams. If I remember correctly he was also the League MVP and that was after being a qb in the Area League the year before.

ttejuco
02-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Um yea, he was 30. Most quarterbacks peak at that age. After 30 is usually a downward spiral, unless your talking about Vinny Testaverde... but hes washed up.